The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    Worked well to stop deaths during WW2, a war which was already lost by the Japanese before USA MADE them surrender.
    Well, now we're comparing apples to oranges. We were involved in a war against actual countries with militaries, it was an easy fight compared to this one. We simply nuked Japan and game over.

Dropping a nuke isn't an option here and what we're doing isn't really effective.

i'm torn on whether I think the use of our nuke bombs that basically ended ww2 were justifiable. So many innocent civilians died that it's really hard to think it was ok but holy fukk if anyone deserved to be annialated, it was Japan

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3423

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Well, now we're comparing apples to oranges. We were involved in a war against actual countries with militaries, it was an easy fight compared to this one. We simply nuked Japan and game over.

Dropping a nuke isn't an option here and what we're doing isn't really effective.

i'm torn on whether I think the use of our nuke bombs that basically ended ww2 were justifiable. So many innocent civilians died that it's really hard to think it was ok but holy fukk if anyone deserved to be annialated, it was Japan
    Have no sympathie for Japan,my grandfather was tortured by Jap troops when he was fighting in Burma.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

But people like him use the poor and desperate as puppets.....They throw crumbs to the birds so nobody bites the hand that feeds....very similar to our corrections system...a machine going through the process just taking his $$ and not overthinking it....
    Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    Osama Bin Laden was almost a billionaire….didn't stop him or his handlers.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

The radiation after ect....I mean wowza....an attack you could see from outer space

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

While I don't think offering them jobs would solve the issue, people need to realize WHO ISIS is mostly comprised of.

We go into Iraq - a deeply divided sectarian society. We replace a dictator who kept relative peace between absolute nutty religion factions - through brute force (he happened to be of the minority)

We disband the entire military and refuse to hire anyone for reconstruction from the old regime (all the way down to janitors)

The majority sect now rules, and have crushed entire neighborhoods through various tactics that were comprised of the former ruling party sect.

So you have bumpkin Al Quada guys in Yemen who have to be taught how to take the safety off of a weapon....versus ISIS who somehow manage to commandeer tanks and even air craft and just instantly know how to operate them?

A BIG portion of ISIS are ex-Iraqi military who were left jobless and essentially unemployable when we ripped that country apart to get rid of Saddam.

In 10 years they went from the ruling party to having essentially no seat at the table. They fill in any open vacuum (they saw one in Syria and tried) - and of course big parts of Iraq are devoid of any real security.

GW Bush lit this fire. Obama poured gas on it.

We take out load bearing walls - then blame the tenants when the building comes crashing down.

Spend a few minutes and watch this.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/losing-iraq/

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Not really because geographical lines are irrelevant to begin with, it's just dirt. So whether they are country or not doesn't matter. What is exactly the same is they have a religion/ideology that will not allow them to stop.

First 12