Eagles73
    Eagles73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

How does KFC keep getting away with serving garbage

Another one just opened a block up from me this week and they are already pulling in customers with bunch of grand opening discounts. Out of all the the big fast food chains they are by far the worst. I'm not counting Taco Bell since they are owned by the same parent company as KFC. I could care less about how they raise their chickens, I'm sure most places raise their cattle/chicken in similar ways with little bit of space. As if the oil they used for cooking wasn't bad enough the main issue I have with them is their usage of MSG and long list of preservatives. Monosodium Glutamate is a type of flavor giver that's banned in Europe and has been known to cause headaches. The flavor is also addicting and gets people wanting more of it. KFC puts this stuff in everything from green beans to all their sauces and MSG is 1 of the key ingredients in their secret recipe. http://www.kfc.com/nutrition/pdf/kfc_ingredients.pdf just look at the Pot pie and mac and cheese ingredients list. How can the mac and cheese which is targeted towards children contain that many ingredients in such a basic food. Even if the MSG doesn't have long term health affects the trans fats and sodium content will cut years off your life. Also they have a new popcorn nuggets commercial running targeting younger kids to compete with mcds/bk nuggets. Here's the ingredients list of the kfc nuggets compared to MCDS. Mcdonalds isn't much better but at least their entire menu doesn't consist of fried foods. Even if you are forced to eat from a fast food chain no person should be eating from KFC. I would not feed their chicken to my dog who I recently had to get put down. How people keep eating at KFC and how they have continued to be in business all these years after the health craze is beyond me, people don't even drink regular beer anymore saying they are watching calories yet places like KFC that will probably cut your life short if consumed even once a week continue to sell and make millions. I haven't eaten at KFC in 7+ years and neither should anyone else. If you want fried chicken either fry it yourself or go to a local fried chicken place that you know is clean. Popcorn Nuggets
    Diced Chicken Breast Meat Fritters With Rib Meat, Seasoning (Soy Protein Concentrate, Salt, Modified Food Starch, Food Starch,
    Carrageenan, Onion Powder, Dehydrated Chicken Broth, Spice Extractive), Sodium Phosphates. Breaded With: Enriched Wheat
    Flour (Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Salt, Rice Flour, Spices, Wheat Gluten, Leavening
    (Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate, Monocalcium Phosphate), Monosodium Glutamate, Corn Starch (with Tapioca
    Dextrin), Garlic Powder, Citric Acid, Maltodextrin, Flavorings, Sugar, Corn Syrup Solids, Gum Arabic. Predusted With: Enriched
    Wheat Flour (Enriched With Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Modified Food Starch, Autolyzed
    Yeast Extract, Salt, Leavening (Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate, Monocalcium Phosphate), Monosodium
    Glutarnate, Garlic Powder, Spices, Dehydrated Chicken Broth, Maltodextrin, Citric Acid, Sugar, Flavorings, Corn Syrup Solids.
    Battered With: Water, Enriched Bleached Wheat Flour (Enriched With Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic
    Acid), Modified Food Starch, Modified Wheat Starch, Rice Flour, Garlic Powder, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Salt, Dextrin, Sodium
    Caseinate (with Soy Lecithin), Modified Cellulose Gum, Spices, Leavening (Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate),
    Mono and Diglycerides (as Emulsifiers). Breading Set in Vegetable Oil.

mcds nuggets
    Ingredients: White Boneless Chicken, Water, Food Starch-Modified, Salt, Seasoning (Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Salt, Wheat Starch, Natural Flavoring [Botanical
    Source], Safflower Oil, Dextrose, Citric Acid), Sodium Phosphates, Natural Flavor (Botanical Source). Battered and Breaded with: Water, Enriched Flour (Bleached)
    Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Yellow Corn Flour, Bleached Wheat Flour, Food Starch-Modified, Salt, Leavening
    (Baking Soda, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Calcium Lactate), Spices, Wheat Starch, Dextrose, Corn Starch

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Isaiah, and retard

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

Bon Chon Chicken:

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I'd rather eat KFC than read that block of text you graced us with
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pico

Eagles73
    Eagles73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    the text isn't meant to be read the point is how long the ingredients lists are.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think MSG is banned in Europe dude.

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles73 View Post
    the text isn't meant to be read the point is how long the ingredients lists are.
    Fair enough

All fast food makes me sick and gives me headaches

McDonalds breakfast items are most guilty of this

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Think some years ago their grilled chicken contained a carcinogen or does anything grilled contain PHIP thingy, not sure. Their food does tastes good though. I need to start cooking more.

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

Cliff notes, please?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Subway is the only healthy alternative.... even that is stretching it a bit.

It sucks eating healthy. Unfortunately you must program your mind/body in eating like a robot. What's the reward?

1. Feeling healthier.
    2. Looking better.
    3. More energy.
    4. Less worrying.

We're all going to die one day... but don't kill yourself any sooner. You might as well throw your ass in front of a train if you feel that reckless eating is ok.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: muldoon, and Urbanwildlife

jayfly
    jayfly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10713

lol @ subway being healthy. any corporately owned food place is most def not anything close to being even somewhat healthy with all the additives and fillers they use.

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5602

KFC has been trans fat free since 07 and people continue to go because it tastes good to them. While you are correct that it's not healthy I would suggest that neither is booze or cigarettes or a multitude of other things. I don't want the government regulating what I should or shouldn't eat and apparently KFC exists because millions of others feel the same way.

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

kfc is good dawg what are you talking about.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Quote Originally Posted by AribaAriba View Post
    kfc is good dawg what are you talking about.
    Lmfao love how u said that

TiredPro
    TiredPro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Vote with your feet and quit going there..............

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Kramer likes MSG...

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by jayfly View Post
    lol @ subway being healthy. any corporately owned food place is most def not anything close to being even somewhat healthy with all the additives and fillers they use.
    what about Popeyes chicken?

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24927

Yeah, Subway is garbage too... lunch-meats laced with nitrates/nitrites. To be honest, their meats are so processed you can barely distinguish the the difference in flavor between the turkey, ham, and roast beef.

The toppings are bland too. They taste like lab veggies. And between the breads, sauces, cheese, and certain selections containing meatballs or steak, you could easily eat something as unhealthy as any other fast food chain. I guess by comparison, though, it is ​healthier than places like KFC, Burger King, etc... but still largely crap.

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

last time someone forced anyone to eat at a KFC?

then stfu

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7292

Quote Originally Posted by YorkHunt View Post
    Bon Chon Chicken:

Bon Chon Chicken is the best fast food I have ever had. Their potstickers are awesome. Chicken Strips Awesome.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9776

lol at subway being healthy. Wheat is the 2nd worst food in the world next to sugar which is 1

a subway sandwich is a hogie

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9776

salt isn't bad for you, only sodium nitrite and sodium nitrate, anything else you've been told is a lie

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

I was eating KFC while on the toilet pooping out my Mcdonald's from 4 hours earlier. Just a matter of time before I die.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    lol at subway being healthy. Wheat is the 2nd worst food in the world next to sugar which is 1

@ you chiming in on healthy eating.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post

dude how the fukk is Subway not a healthy lunch option?

Its atleast healthier than McDonalds

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Yeah, Subway is garbage too... lunch-meats laced with nitrates/nitrites. To be honest, their meats are so processed you can barely distinguish the the difference in flavor between the turkey, ham, and roast beef.

The toppings are bland too. They taste like lab veggies. And between the breads, sauces, cheese, and certain selections containing meatballs or steak, you could easily eat something as unhealthy as any other fast food chain. I guess by comparison, though, it is ​healthier than places like KFC, Burger King, etc... but still largely crap.
    I totally agree. The subway bread and toppings are just bland. a really good sub chain like whichwich out of dallas has great bread and tons of toppings. Subway had a great marketing campaign with that jared and that losing weight campaign but they are just very bland now, jimmy johns has good bread but a boring selection.

best sandwich places that are healthy and are good in terms of chains is atlanta bread company, whichwich, publix has good subs , schlotzkys, panera bread and miami subs have great pits and gyros

Anything is more healthy than the double down at kfc. lol

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by takechip View Post
    dont eat fried chicken its common sense.

KFC Australia tasts way different, they must have laws about that stuff
    Id like to taste that to see the difference.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

I was eating KFC while I read this.

Not cool.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post

I doubled down once or twice before... those things are amazing. Then you check your gut line the next morning... and you're like Fuk me.

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

got suntan lotion

gtfo

Muller Rose
    Muller Rose's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    Hahahahah!