StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    That's why it's ludicrous. The principle is, if a bank has $1 in deposits, it can now lend $10. Put another way, for every $10 the bank lends out, they are required to have $1 in actual customer deposits. The number may not be exact, as it varies, but this is roughly the correct ratio.

Truthfully, customer bank deposits are a nuisance to the banks.That's why they charge so many fees for, among other things, smaller accounts.

Remember, bank deposits are liabilites to the bank. The cash the bank has isn't the bank's cash.

Banks make the money when they lend, and as long as the Fed prints it, which is unconstitutional by the way. Interest charged becomes the profit.

Walk into a bank and try to get $10,000 in cash. Most banks, most of the time, don't have that (there are many reasons for this). They have to make a call and round up the funds. Sometimes, you may have to wait a day. Imagine if everyone decided they wanted their deposits right now...a run on the banks. The money doesn't exist. It simply doesn't exist. FDIC makes some guarantees, but they can't cover what they promised, if asked to.

This is true and it's only gotten worse. Some banks don't balk at something like 5k. Others act like you are robbing them when it's plainly there and in your account. Some try to make you feel bad or act like you are a criminal when you want YOUR money. It's odd. He's right, they don't have it. It's actually amusing and totally sad at the same time.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Many good solutions regarding money management in these times but I didn't see much in the way of addressing the massive inflation we face. This should be a concern for people. It is this unseen, hidden tax that will transfer from generation to generation and wipe many out now. To help yourself personally, you must become independently wealthy, or very close.

Understand how to beat and invest with the inflationary world all this money creation will cause.

TiredPro
    TiredPro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Many good solutions regarding money management in these times but I didn't see much in the way of addressing the massive inflation we face. This should be a concern for people. It is this unseen, hidden tax that will transfer from generation to generation and wipe many out now. To help yourself personally, you must become independently wealthy, or very close.

Understand how to beat and invest with the inflationary world all this money creation will cause.
    Other than the cost of education, healthcare, and gasoline, can you give me three examples of things that have been impacted by inflation ? I'm not being sarcastic here........I ask this question to many people. My gut tells me they are using the fear of inflation to force people into chasing investment returns.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by TiredPro View Post
    Other than the cost of education, healthcare, and gasoline, can you give me three examples of things that have been impacted by inflation ? I'm not being sarcastic here........I ask this question to many people. My gut tells me they are using the fear of inflation to force people into chasing investment returns.
    Yes I could give many, many examples of inflation since the US left the gold standard but, quite frankly, they seem irrelevant. It's an added discussion, like guns. I'm talking about the hyperinflation caused by increasing the money supply, I'm talking about the future and in some cases the present.

Fear of inflation to chase investment returns doesn't really make sense unless you have broken out of an investor’s barrier of risk tolerance. Otherwise, everyone should prudently seek the best return they can.

The pressures of inflation are a by-product of the monetary policy. The Federal Reserve, in an ironic effort to "fight inflation,” has as a written policy with the mission to devalue the dollar on a yearly basis. This is the policy, to keep inflation, but keep it from getting out of control. In all fairness, this policy can be good as deflation can be real bad real quick for the cabal and the rest of the world.

An excellent example could be education. The cost of education has gone up, but, one could argue that it has only risen with the rise in student loan amounts. If a student couldn't borrow so much, the school likely couldn't charge so much. It can be argued that the banks, to make bigger loans, have driven the high prices, not the schools, who simply take what they can get.

When you talk about healthcare, indeed costs have gone up but once again government policy is trying to address this. In terms of gasoline, energy costs like this were removed from the inflation numbers when we left the gold standard. See why?

And to be fair, I will give some examples. Ramen, the popular worldwide noodle dish that has fed billions of people around the world cost about 20 cents per packet here in California, a little less if you buy bulk.

That same Ramen was less than 10 cents each not a couple of years ago, representing over 100% inflation. Look into vacation and recreation costs...it has become ridiculous how much they’ve increased.

Look back at the history of central banks on American soil, each, with the same policies of today, has gone bankrupt and put American society through the hyperinflation I'm talking about. How quickly the masses forget.

The biggest, most renowned presidential debates in history have been about the existence of a central bank. The bankers have always come out on top and gotten their way.

We can survive, just look at the very recent history of some South American countries. Look at the hyperinflation there and subsequent recovery.

At one extreme point, the government could simply add zeros to our currency and make trading in metals outright illegal...something the US has done with gold in the past.

What we have going for us is simple. As is evident with recent oil prices, regardless of the reasons, the markets can be manipulated drastically.

This manipulation has served and will continue to serve to disguise the mess and prolong the inevitable. We just might get out alive but our kids will be paying the price.

It's this manipulation, combined with altered facts and lot of double talk that has many wondering where this inflation is as it sits right under their noses.

CountNo_Account
    The Man, the Myth,the Legend, the Count
    CountNo_Account's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3779

Interesting take. I would just add this, Wall Street is set up to make it extremely difficult for the average Joe to make any major profits. At least as far as I can tell Vegas gives the little guy an equal chance to lose all his money...

CountNo_Account
    The Man, the Myth,the Legend, the Count
    CountNo_Account's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3779

Responding to Tiredpro's post on a phone and I am a very poor typist.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by TiredPro View Post
    Other than the cost of education, healthcare, and gasoline, can you give me three examples of things that have been impacted by inflation ? I'm not being sarcastic here........
    The number 1 thing is FOOD. You need to eat. Check the numbers the last 5 years. I keep track of everything. All the food companies claim transportation costs caused food prices to inflate EX. Gasoline. Some businesses don't tell you the entire story though. It's easy to blame fuel for other bonehead mistakes.

But the bottom line equation is.... If you increase something... I increase something to compensate. It's a chain reaction of sh#t.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by AribaAriba View Post
    any solution???
    New declaration of independence preceded by overthrown government and abolished federal reserve system. 🔥

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by CountNo_Account View Post
    Interesting take. I would just add this, Wall Street is set up to make it extremely difficult for the average Joe to make any major profits. At least as far as I can tell Vegas gives the little guy an equal chance to lose all his money...
    Are you saying that Joe Schmoe can't hedge or protect from losses? Trying to figure out why it's hard for him vs. them. I think it might be hard for both, but they can hedge and leverage/absorb much more. Sorta like you can stick with a stock and make lots of smaller gains over time, but when it comes down it comes down fast.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

From the Federal Reserve website on who owns the Federal Reserve:

They answer the question by saying it is " It is not "owned" by anyone and is not a private, profit-making institution."

It goes on at the end to describe something about "profits" (dividends) which are mentioned in Maloney's video:

"The 12 regional Federal Reserve Banks, which were established by the Congress as the operating arms of the nation's central banking system, are organized similarly to private corporations--possibly leading to some confusion about "ownership." For example, the Reserve Banks issue shares of stock to member banks. However, owning Reserve Bank stock is quite different from owning stock in a private company. The Reserve Banks are not operated for profit, and ownership of a certain amount of stock is, by law, a condition of membership in the System. The stock may not be sold, traded, or pledged as security for a loan; dividends are, by law, 6 percent per year."

What I am I not getting here. If it's not for profit then why is someone getting 6% divdiends per year (by law) presumably on an enormous amount of money?

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Not much time....asked my mother around a year ago who owns the fed...

Her answer....the govt

My mother has been working in a bank for 25 years. Branch manager for 12.

I went off

pronk

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ksNg5Nwgm6o

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JjWxuDUc4dQ
    Last edited by pronk; 02-11-15 at 10:19 AM.

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

Saw this a couple years ago. Pretty good from what I remember. I don't like the very end if I remember correctly it turns into some kind of advertisement... unless that was another one.

As far as a solution - good luck, there isn't one for us. Maybe praying if you believe it would help. Or move to where they can't find you.

pronk

Former IRS agent Joe Banister exposes our criminal government

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A2-GTI4_7YU

First 12