IWANTMONEY
    IWANTMONEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

You would have to sign a waiver, because I can kill with one punch.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

^
    Wow, I want to hang out with you man.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by marcoloco View Post
    not a bad scrap there Marcoloco...when did you decide to go full blown Emo?

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

^
    Isn't that a scene from "That 70's show"

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    ^
    Isn't that a scene from "That 70's show"
    I have no idea

web_connect
    Black Jack by Math
    web_connect's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207

Checking in. 5'10" 180lbs. Average build but I do cross fit. Trained in Krav Maga, however I'll stick to any rules you want. I'll be at the bash. Record 0-0-0. Have not taken a punch but I got heart.

marcoloco

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Bruce Norris
    I'm almost too old to fight.... almost.
    Bruce Norris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3837

I rarely post, more of a lurker for laughs and entertainment. Kraken, if you're ever in So. California let me know. I'm getting old, but still train 3X a week. I'm a black belt in taekwondo, and train in mixed martial arts, concentrating more on the ground game. I do more teaching with kids now than actually train, I'm getting pudgy. But, we pride ourselves on our aggressive sparring at our school, and I love to mix it up.
    I'm a republican, not that it should matter. I'll beat up any political party, they all suck. No ill will here, don't know you at all, just friendly sparring. If I ever come up your way, I'd be more than happy to mix it up at your gym.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Bruce you have my word, when, not if, I get to SoCal U I'll look you up. I always enjoy sparring and it would be fun

scumbag
    scumbag's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by web_connect View Post
    Checking in. 5'10" 180lbs. Average build but I do cross fit. Trained in Krav Maga, however I'll stick to any rules you want. I'll be at the bash. Record 0-0-0. Have not taken a punch but I got heart.
    if you haven't taken a punch, how do you know you got heart?

who was it that said, "everyone has a plan, till they get cracked in the mouth." tyson or someone?

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

the irony of this thread

Guy goes by the moniker "kraken" and wants to put on gloves and head gear

humor is good

marcoloco

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Norris View Post
    I rarely post, more of a lurker for laughs and entertainment. Kraken, if you're ever in So. California let me know. I'm getting old, but still train 3X a week. I'm a black belt in taekwondo, and train in mixed martial arts, concentrating more on the ground game. I do more teaching with kids now than actually train, I'm getting pudgy. But, we pride ourselves on our aggressive sparring at our school, and I love to mix it up.
    I'm a republican, not that it should matter. I'll beat up any political party, they all suck. No ill will here, don't know you at all, just friendly sparring. If I ever come up your way, I'd be more than happy to mix it up at your gym.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Bruce you have my word, when, not if, I get to SoCal U I'll look you up. I always enjoy sparring and it would be fun
    I will film it for SBR then we can enjoy a a beer after

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by marcoloco View Post
    I will film it for SBR then we can enjoy a a beer after
    This is the spirit!!!!

Ya, it was Tyson that said "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"

He had some good one liners

He also told a reporter "I'll eat your asshole"

Mixed bag with him

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by innovation View Post
    the irony of this thread

Guy goes by the moniker "kraken" and wants to put on gloves and head gear

humor is good
    I'm not trying to get hurt here pal

I mean, if we go no bare knuckle (Russian Style) and meet in an alley, why stop there? Why not bring our favorite gun and just have a shoot out??

I think gloves and headgear are reasonable. I've been hit plenty of times with 16oz gloves and headgear and felt the pain.

It's not like we're going in there with football helmets and clown gloves

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    I am 6'1 and 220, wrestled in high school, but that was a looooong time ago. I would have to get by on my smarts because I am probably slow as shit.

I am 1-0 in fights in the last 15 years. Some punk tried to kick me out of his pad about 8 years ago when we were partying.....a bunch of people pulled me off of him, and if they hadn't of I would probably still be in jail. It was actually ugly....but in my books it was his fault....he pushed me first.

I am thinking spring time.....I know that's a long way off.....but I gotta get into shape,,,,I can use this as motivation.

I am going to think on it.
    Quick Update:

So I'm glad Spring would be the earliest I'd see you

I decided to spar tonight with my first true sparring partner, not someone teaching me steps or working drills.

Let me just say, I probably suffered 5 or 6 concussions. We only sparred for two rounds and I'm pretty sure he landed 100% of his punches. I have bruises on my flanks, my right eye is reddened and I'm pretty sure I suffered at least one heart attack in the ring.

I was absolutely terrible. My feet were tangled and a mess, everytime I jabbed, he hit me with a cross or hook. When I threw a cross or hook I came up about 2 feet short of the target, in which he countered with a hook to the body.

He took off his head gear and took his mouth piece out for the second round

And i don't think he ever hit me harder than 33% of his power. He took it easy and annihilated me.

Current odds are Kraken +800 and D2D -1000 and I'm gonna hit D2D for the max early on.

Gonna take a few days off

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

You'll learn buddy. You're in a controlled setting now, but if you would encounter a real world situation
    out side of the gym, you'll find what you learned will come in handy.

My father taught me the basics of fighting at a young age plus I had a brother to spar with growing up.
    My problem, once hit, I see red and will not stop until they are down.

I won't watch UFC fighting, it's too barbaric for me. I don't like the beating up of someone while they are down.

The Kraken

Thanks Rkelly!

Logically I can understand that I'm new and this is part of the learning curve but honestly, I didn't think I'd be that bad at sparring

The guy I sparred with was the nicest guy in the world, thankfully.

We agreed when I get back from OKC that we'll get back in there and go a few rounds where I don't throw any punches, just focus on footwork, movement and getting comfortable with being hit.

thanks for the reassurance

First 123