andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

It turns out that this idea that liberals give more…is a myth. Of the top 25 states where people give an above average percent of their income, 24 were red states in the last presidential election.

That is such a cooked statistic
    You only think its cooked because it shows how cheap and petty liberal democrats (like yourself) are.

If it put the democrats in a positive light, then you would consider it to be gospel.

Republicans are far more generous when it comes to charitable causes then democrats.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    You only think its cooked because it shows how cheap and petty liberal democrats (like yourself) are.

If it put the democrats in a positive light, then you would consider it to be gospel.

Republicans are far more generous when it comes to charitable causes then democrats.
    And there are far more pedophiles amongst Republicans. Who cares?

Why do Republicans always try to take a moral high ground? Their shit don't stink?

Lost Angel
    Lost Angel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    What do you expect to accomplish by spewing all this propaganda?

Don't you at least suspect that this is among the least appropriate forums (SBRForum itself) in which to post the collosal waste of time that all your typed rhetoric amounts to?

Have you not even the least glimmer of the fact that the span of our existence in this lifetime will amount to an immeasurably tiny BLIP when compared to the lifespan of the universe that surrounds us?

This is what you are content to do with your time? Insult people and attempt to make yourself seem smarter than others by debating politics on the internet?

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Quote Originally Posted by daggerkobe View Post
    http://www.tompaine.com/articles/200...il_reserve.php

2006 was the year that oil prices came close to breaching $80 per barrel. This was despite the fact that there were no significant supply interruptions and oil demand actually fell in industrialized countries. That raises the question of what caused the spike.
    and it is near $80 per barrel in 2009 because why? you can't be this stupid.

did you post an article about 9/11 being an inside job yet? funny you guys can believe that but have failed to notice more and more Arabs killing Americans and trying to blow shit up.

how come you liberal fukks aren't yelling about Obama continuing Bush's "illegal" wire-tapping?

both parties are full of crooked, lying selfish morons that sold out the American people decades ago. no one finds it surprising that when Jones ran Freddy and Fannie into the ground and Dems were using it as an ATM, the Reps weren't around when the shit hit the fan? hiding out cause they are as dirty as the Dems? i only hate dems more cause you kill babies, lie, lie, and lie some more.

can you please admit man-made global warming is a myth? a myth that is going to make Al Gore and his crooked henchmen gazzillanaires, but a myth none the less, much like our current president.

and Reps, are you dumb enough to believe Hussein is an undocumented terrorist president? it just looks that way because he is a liberal and seeks to appease the people that hate us. this shows weakness. and now all the lil jihadies are going to take shots at American interests throughout the world. he isn't a Muslim or hating America, he is just naive and stupid.

both parties are fukking liars and your vote means nothing. so what, the American public just got a massive health care bill shoved down our throats that won't cover any Americans until 2014 and still will leave 10 million+ uninsured and then Americans will vote Dems out in 2010...so the fukk what?!?!? Reps will take over and fukk us all in the arse anyway because they are the same party....more of my money and more of my freedom. politicians want power, money and limos, not to do the will of the people.

statnerds
    Put me in coach

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    And there are far more pedophiles amongst Republicans. Who cares?

i don't mind pointing out both parties are full of shit, but please limit the misinformation.

the highest rate of pedophiles is among the gay males. look it up and learn something instead of just believing 60 minutes.

kind of like the divorce rate being 50%, that is another lie. that number includes all marriages, not just first time. the percentage rate of divorce falls if either or both people graduated college, and falls further if the househould earns $50K or more, and there is more. just stop believing every stat or fact that is offered by your mainstream media or your alternative press.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7917

Quote Originally Posted by statnerds View Post

did you post an article about 9/11 being an inside job yet? funny you guys can believe that but have failed to notice more and more Arabs killing Americans and trying to blow shit up.

how come you liberal fukks aren't yelling about Obama continuing Bush's "illegal" wire-tapping?

both parties are full of crooked, lying selfish morons that sold out the American people decades ago. no one finds it surprising that when Jones ran Freddy and Fannie into the ground and Dems were using it as an ATM, the Reps weren't around when the shit hit the fan? hiding out cause they are as dirty as the Dems? i only hate dems more cause you kill babies, lie, lie, and lie some more.

can you please admit man-made global warming is a myth? a myth that is going to make Al Gore and his crooked henchmen gazzillanaires, but a myth none the less, much like our current president.

and Reps, are you dumb enough to believe Hussein is an undocumented terrorist president? it just looks that way because he is a liberal and seeks to appease the people that hate us. this shows weakness. and now all the lil jihadies are going to take shots at American interests throughout the world. he isn't a Muslim or hating America, he is just naive and stupid.

both parties are fukking liars and your vote means nothing. so what, the American public just got a massive health care bill shoved down our throats that won't cover any Americans until 2014 and still will leave 10 million+ uninsured and then Americans will vote Dems out in 2010...so the fukk what?!?!? Reps will take over and fukk us all in the arse anyway because they are the same party....more of my money and more of my freedom. politicians want power, money and limos, not to do the will of the people.
    Hard not to agree

slacker00

i don't mind pointing out both parties are full of shit, but please limit the misinformation.

the highest rate of pedophiles is among the gay males. look it up and learn something instead of just believing 60 minutes.

kind of like the divorce rate being 50%, that is another lie. that number includes all marriages, not just first time. the percentage rate of divorce falls if either or both people graduated college, and falls further if the househould earns $50K or more, and there is more. just stop believing every stat or fact that is offered by your mainstream media or your alternative press.
    You'd like to limit the misinformation, unless it suits your agenda. Hypocrisy is hysterical.

DwightShrute

slacker00

What if McCain were president? He was the first guy in line for bailout hand outs when the shit hit the fan last October.

DwightShrute

What if McCain were president? He was the first guy in line for bailout hand outs when the shit hit the fan last October.
    pure speculation

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    pure speculation
    McCain suspended his campaign to fight for pork scraps in Washington.

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/ne...crisis_Roundup

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26900453/

Eventually he came to his senses and resumed the campaign, crazy old coot.

DwightShrute

Even if McCain tried to be as incompetent as Obama, he couldn't. Obama was the worst choice imaginable we all can see now. Hey, another 4 years of Bush would have been 100X better than this moron.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Even if McCain tried to be as incompetent as Obama, he couldn't. Obama was the worst choice imaginable we all can see now. Hey, another 4 years of Bush would have been 100X better than this moron.
    In the wild, there is no health care. In the wild, health care is, 'Ow, I hurt my leg. I can't run. A lion eats me. I'm dead.' Well, I'm not dead. I'm the lion. You're dead.

daggerkobe
    UCONN PK MICH PK PROVIDENCE +2
    daggerkobe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ugh. Another neonitwit with aversion to FACTS.

So genius, tell us why oil price is hovering near $80. Also explain why prices nearly doubled back in late 2001 from $30s to $50s practically overnight. Uh could it have something to do with Dumbya announcing his plans to fillup the National Strategic Reserve? You might also want to explain why OPEC has slashed production overthe past 7 years or so and openingly admitting they want oil prices to remain above $50/barrel. Sounds like manipulation, doesnt it?

Gotta love neo-zombies that claim impartiality yet only bash one side. Maybe after you get done explaining oil prices, you can explain why if Dumbya was sooooooooo worried about Fannie Mae and subprime, why did he pass The Downpayment Initiative in 2003, handing HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS to poor families so they can buy homes. And why did he allow the SEC to deregulate banking in 2004, allowing banks to take on massive amounts of subprime debt. None of the other neo-nitwits have been able to answer so far.

Oh and lets talk about 9-11. According to the 9-11 Commission and FACTS, Dumbya was repeatedly warned about al Qaeda's plans to attack and even told how they would do so, hijacking planes. So what did Dumbya do? He went golfing. Then spentthe next month on vacation. Maybe it was a working vacation? Nope. Not once did he discuss the threats with any of his advisors. The day after the attacks, he finally met with his Anti-terrorism expert, the same guy who warned him repeatedly that al Qaeda planned to hijack planes. Dumbya demanded that he find links to blame Saddam Hussein. When told none existed, he again demanded he find something. Not surprising since he had told his biographer and close family friend that he would attack Iraq if he were president back in 1999.

I dont think you neonitwits realize what a great job Obama has done. He ended the Great Recession. DOW is up over 10,500 since March low of 6300. Consumers confidence is up. Real Estate market showing improvements. Unemployment slowing. All signs point to a recovery, slowly, but thats how badly Dumbya ruined our economy with his Trillion Dollar war while ignoring domestic problems.

daggerkobe

Unless its a Youtube clip, chain letter or an ultra-conservative website that employs Ann Coulter & Pat Buchanan, Dimwit will surely dismiss it as "liberal lies."

DwightShrute

In the wild, there is no health care. In the wild, health care is, 'Ow, I hurt my leg. I can't run. A lion eats me. I'm dead.' Well, I'm not dead. I'm the lion. You're dead.

When my mother was pregnant with me they did an ultrasound and found she was having twins. When they did another ultrasound a few weeks later they discovered that I had reabsorbed the other fetus. Do I regret this? No. I believe his tissue has made me stronger. I now have the strength of a grown man and a little baby.

90 Proof
    90 Proof's Avatar Become A Pro!

White House warned about Fannie and Freddie

For many years the President and his Administration have not only warned of the systemic consequences of financial turmoil at a housing government-sponsored enterprise (GSE) but also put forward thoughtful plans to reduce the risk that either Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac would encounter such difficulties. President Bush publicly called for GSE reform 17 times in 2008 alone before Congress acted. Unfortunately, these warnings went unheeded, as the President's repeated attempts to reform the supervision of these entities were thwarted by the legislative maneuvering of those who emphatically denied there were problems.

April: The Administration's FY02 budget declares that the size of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac is "a potential problem," because "financial trouble of a large GSE could cause strong repercussions in financial markets, affecting Federally insured entities and economic activity."

May: The President calls for the disclosure and corporate governance principles contained in his 10-point plan for corporate responsibility to apply to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. (OMB Prompt Letter to OFHEO, 5/29/02)

January: Freddie Mac announces it has to restate financial results for the previous three years.

February: The Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight (OFHEO) releases a report explaining that although investors perceive an implicit Federal guarantee of [GSE] obligations, the government has provided no explicit legal backing for them. As a consequence, unexpected problems at a GSE could immediately spread into financial sectors beyond the housing market. ("Systemic Risk: Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and the Role of OFHEO," OFHEO Report, 2/4/03)

September: Fannie Mae discloses SEC investigation and acknowledges OFHEO's review found earnings manipulations.

September: Treasury Secretary John Snow testifies before the House Financial Services Committee to recommend that Congress enact legislation to create a new Federal agency to regulate and supervise the financial activities of our housing-related government sponsored enterprises and set prudent and appropriate minimum capital adequacy requirements.

October: Fannie Mae discloses $1.2 billion accounting error.

November: Council of the Economic Advisers (CEA) Chairman Greg Mankiw explains that any legislation to reform GSE regulation should empower the new regulator with sufficient strength and credibility to reduce systemic risk. To reduce the potential for systemic instability, the regulator would have broad authority to set both risk-based and minimum capital standards and receivership powers necessary to wind down the affairs of a troubled GSE. (N. Gregory Mankiw, Remarks At The Conference Of State Bank Supervisors State Banking Summit And Leadership, 11/6/03)

February: The President's FY05 Budget again highlights the risk posed by the explosive growth of the GSEs and their low levels of required capital, and called for creation of a new, world-class regulator: The Administration has determined that the safety and soundness regulators of the housing GSEs lack sufficient power and stature to meet their responsibilities, and therefore…should be replaced with a new strengthened regulator. (2005 Budget Analytic Perspectives, pg. 83)

February: CEA Chairman Mankiw cautions Congress to not take [the financial market's] strength for granted. Again, the call from the Administration was to reduce this risk by ensuring that the housing GSEs are overseen by an effective regulator. (N. Gregory Mankiw, Op-Ed, "Keeping Fannie And Freddie's House In Order, Financial Times, 2/24/04)

June: Deputy Secretary of Treasury Samuel Bodman spotlights the risk posed by the GSEs and called for reform, saying We do not have a world-class system of supervision of the housing government sponsored enterprises (GSEs), even though the importance of the housing financial system that the GSEs serve demands the best in supervision to ensure the long-term vitality of that system. Therefore, the Administration has called for a new, first class, regulatory supervisor for the three housing GSEs: Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and the Federal Home Loan Banking System. (Samuel Bodman, House Financial Services Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations Testimony, 6/16/04)

April: Treasury Secretary John Snow repeats his call for GSE reform, saying Events that have transpired since I testified before this Committee in 2003 reinforce concerns over the systemic risks posed by the GSEs and further highlight the need for real GSE reform to ensure that our housing finance system remains a strong and vibrant source of funding for expanding homeownership opportunities in America… Half-measures will only exacerbate the risks to our financial system. (Secretary John W. Snow, Testimony Before The U.S. House Financial Services Committee, 4/13/05)

July: Two Bear Stearns hedge funds invested in mortgage securities collapse.

August: President Bush emphatically calls on Congress to pass a reform package for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, saying first things first when it comes to those two institutions. Congress needs to get them reformed, get them streamlined, get them focused, and then I will consider other options. (President George W. Bush, Press Conference, The White House, 8/9/07)

September: RealtyTrac announces foreclosure filings up 243,000 in August – up 115 percent from the year before.

September: Single-family existing home sales decreases 7.5 percent from the previous month – the lowest level in nine years. Median sale price of existing homes fell six percent from the year before.

December: President Bush again warns Congress of the need to pass legislation reforming GSEs, saying These institutions provide liquidity in the mortgage market that benefits millions of homeowners, and it is vital they operate safely and operate soundly. So I've called on Congress to pass legislation that strengthens independent regulation of the GSEs – and ensures they focus on their important housing mission. The GSE reform bill passed by the House earlier this year is a good start. But the Senate has not acted. And the United States Senate needs to pass this legislation soon. (President George W. Bush, Discusses Housing, The White House, 12/6/07)

January: BkofAma announces it will buy Countrywide.

January: Citigroup announces mortgage portfolio lost $18.1 billion in value.

February: Assistant Secretary David Nason reiterates the urgency of reforms, says A new regulatory structure for the housing GSEs is essential if these entities are to continue to perform their public mission successfully. (David Nason, Testimony On Reforming GSE Regulation, Senate Committee On Banking, Housing And Urban Affairs, 2/7/08)

March: Bear Stearns announces it will sell itself to JPMorgan Chase.

March: President Bush calls on Congress to take action and move forward with reforms on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. They need to continue to modernize the FHA, as well as allow State housing agencies to issue tax-free bonds to homeowners to refinance their mortgages (President George W. Bush, Remarks To The Economic Club Of New York, New York, NY, 3/14/08)

April: President Bush urges Congress to pass the much needed legislation and modernize Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. [There are] constructive things Congress can do that will encourage the housing market to correct quickly by … helping people stay in their homes. (President George W. Bush, Meeting With Cabinet, the White House, 4/14/08)

May: President Bush issues several pleas to Congress to pass legislation reforming Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac before the situation deteriorates further.

Americans are concerned about making their mortgage payments and keeping their homes. Yet Congress has failed to pass legislation I have repeatedly requested to modernize the Federal Housing Administration that will help more families stay in their homes, reform Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to ensure they focus on their housing mission, and allow State housing agencies to issue tax-free bonds to refinance sub-prime loans. (President George W. Bush, Radio Address, 5/3/08)

[T]he government ought to be helping creditworthy people stay in their homes. And one way we can do that – and Congress is making progress on this – is the reform of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. That reform will come with a strong, independent regulator" (President George W. Bush, Meeting With The Secretary Of The Treasury, the White House, 5/19/08)

Congress needs to pass legislation to modernize the Federal Housing Administration, reform Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to ensure they focus on their housing mission, and allow State housing agencies to issue tax-free bonds to refinance subprime loans. (President George W. Bush, Radio Address, 5/31/08)

June: As foreclosure rates continued to rise in the first quarter, the President once again asks Congress to take the necessary measures to address this challenge, saying we need to pass legislation to reform Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. (President George W. Bush, Remarks At Swearing In Ceremony For Secretary Of Housing And Urban Development, Washington, D.C., 6/6/08) July: Congress heeds the President's call for action and passes reform of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac as it becomes clear that the institutions are failing.

DwightShrute

The financial meltdown that caused the current recession was along time in the making and was started by the Liberal Democratic President Jimmy Carter in 1977. The Fair Housing Act of 1968, the Equal Credit Opportunity Act of 1974 and the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act of 1975 I believe were factors in the financial meltdown, but the Community Reinvestment Act of 1977 passed by Liberal President Jimmy Carter and the Congress, controlled by liberals, was the real culprit.
    The Community Reinvestment Act sought to address discrimination in loans made to individuals and businesses from low income neighborhoods. It also was passed as a result of national pressure to address the deteriorating conditions of American cities-particularly low-income and minority neighborhoods. Liberal Socialist activists, such as Gale Cincotta of the National People’s Action in Chicago, had led the national fight to pass, and later to enforce the Act.
    While the Fair Housing Act and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, or other personal characteristics and the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act requires that financial institutions publicly disclose mortgage lending and application data. In contrast with those acts, the Community Reinvestment Act seeks to ensure the provision of credit to all parts of a community, regardless of the relative wealth or poverty of a neighborhood.
    In their 1961 report, the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights found that black borrowers were often required to make higher down payments and adopt faster repayment schedules. Basically because they defaulted on their loans at a very high rate and are considered a high credit risk. The commission also documented blanket refusals to lend in particular areas (redlining). The “redlining” of certain neighborhoods originated with the Federal Housing Administration in the 1930s. The “residential security maps” created by the Home Owners’ Loan Corporation for the FHA were used by private and public entities for years afterwards to withhold mortgage capital from neighborhoods that were deemed “unsafe” or to black.
    Some economists, politicians and other commentators have charged that the Community Reinvestment Act contributed in part to the 2008 financial crisis by encouraging banks to make unsafe loans mainly to minorities. Economist Stan Liebowitz wrote in the New York Post that a strengthening of the Community Reinvestment Act in the 1990s by Liberal Democratic President Bill Clinton encouraged a loosening of lending standards throughout the banking industry. He also charged the Federal Reserve with ignoring the negative impact of the Community Reinvestment Act.
    In a commentary for CNN, Congressman Ron Paul, who serves on the United States House Committee on Financial Services, charged the Community Reinvestment Act with “forcing banks to lend to people who normally would be rejected as bad credit risks.” In other words blacks and other minorities.
    In a Wall Street Journal opinion piece, economist Russell Roberts wrote that the Community Reinvestment Act subsidized low-income housing by pressuring banks to serve poor borrowers and poor regions of the country. Jeffrey A. Miron, a senior lecturer in economics at Harvard University, in an opinion piece for CNN, calls for “getting rid” of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, as well as policies like the Community Reinvestment Act that “pressure banks into sub prime lending.” Which is what caused the financial meltdown and the current recession.
    One bank president was quoted as saying for a longtime “There was a lot of pressure from Congress and generally everywhere to make homeownership affordable for poor and low-income people. Some mortgages were made that would not have ordinarily been made. When a bank made a decision to purchase mortgaged-backed securities, they would somehow determine if some of them were in zip codes covered by the Community Reinvestment Act, and therefore they could get CRA credit.”
    So there it is in a nutshell!!! Liberals forced banks by law to loan money to blacks and minorities, who are poor-credit risks, so they could buy homes which the blacks and minorities eventually defaulted on that caused the economic meltdown and the current recession. No liberals and moderates seen the meltdown coming and everybody was powerless to stop it. So Americans now you know that it was the scumbag liberals, like Obama, and minorities who encouraged and caused the financial meltdown and the current recession!!!

daggerkobe

Why did Dumbya pass this if he was soooooooooo worried?

American Dream Downpayment Initiative

Summary

The American Dream Downpayment Initiative (ADDI) was signed into law on December 16, 2003. The American Dream Downpayment Assistance Act authorizes up to $200 million annually for fiscal years 2004 - 2007. ADDI will provide funds to all fifty states and to local participating jurisdictions that have a population of at least 150,000 or will receive an allocation of at least $50,000 under the ADDI formula. ADDI will be administered as a part of the HOME Investment Partnerships Program, a formula grant program

Purpose

ADDI aims to increase the homeownership rate, especially among lower income and minority households, and to revitalize and stabilize communities. ADDI will help first-time homebuyers with the biggest hurdle to homeownership: downpayment and closing costs. The program was created to assist low-income first-time homebuyers in purchasing single-family homes by providing funds for downpayment, closing costs, and rehabilitation carried out in conjunction with the assisted home purchase.

http://www.hud.gov/offices/cpd/affor...ams/home/addi/

90 Proof

Bush was always for helping CREDITWORTHY people to obtain housing, and there's nothing wrong with that. His position and Congress' inaction on GSE reform is on the record.

daggerkobe

ADDI aims to increase the homeownership rate, especially among lower income and minority households

Right, poor minorities with NO DOWNPAYMENT are such great credit risks.

90 Proof

ADDI aims to increase the homeownership rate, especially among lower income and minority households

Right, poor minorities with NO DOWNPAYMENT are such great credit risks.
    There are many credit worthy people who make modest incomes who can afford mortgage payments, but not down payments. It wasn't Bush who forced the banks to lend to any low life moolie or illegal who came along.

daggerkobe

Gotta love pizza boy talking out both sides of his ass.

He goes from blaming the poor minorities for the mortgage meltdown but defends helping them with downpayment to buy homes because Dumbya signed it into law. Typical neonitwit.

People who cant afford downpayments shouldnt be buying homes!!!!

When Dumbya wanted to invade Iraq, he lies and forged evidence to get it passed.
    When Dumbya wanted to give the poor downpayment to buy homes, he got it passed.

Dumbya supposedly wanted to stop risky lending yet couldnt pass any laws? Maybe because he was too busy handing out millions to the poor to helping them buy homes; did nothing when SEC relaxed banking rules allowing banks to take on mountains of subprime debt; fired the chief Fannie Mae regulator because he published his critical review........ all because his political donors were raking in the cash due to subprime loans.

Actions speak louder than words.

statnerds
    Put me in coach

Dagger - you realize the election was more than a year ago right? how long are you going to blame bush?

unemployment is slowing? woo-hoo, we should only be in double digits for another year or two.

i'm just happy that the terrorist guy that nearly blew up a plane on Christmas Day didn't ruin Hussein's vacation in Hawaii, that would have sucked. how else he going to add to those record setting 26 rounds of golf if he was back on the mainland handling a crisis?

Republicans suck, but i don't remember the last time one blew up a plane, flew a plane into a building, held Americans hostage for 444 days, killed some soldiers at Fort Hood. yo libs are all for peace and love, head on over the Middle East and show them how nice and fair-minded you are. you guys can share tea over your discussions of how bush is the devil and then they will gladly cut your head off.

and one final hint for Hussein and his "there will be a full investigation to determine blah, blah, blah..." i could have that one done in about 8 seconds....

muslim men like to blow shit up and kill Americans!!!!!!!!!!!! problem solved.

DwightShrute

He goes from blaming the poor minorities for the mortgage meltdown but defends helping them with downpayment to buy homes because Dumbya signed it into law. Typical neonitwit.

When Dumbya wanted to invade Iraq, he lies and forged evidence to get it passed.

Dumbya supposedly wanted to stop risky lending yet couldnt pass any laws? Maybe because he was too busy handing out millions to the poor to helping them buy homes; did nothing when SEC relaxed banking rules allowing banks to take on mountains of subprime debt; fired the chief Fannie Mae regulator because he published his critical review........ all because his political donors were raking in the cash due to subprime loans.

Actions speak louder than words.
    Nothing you say is true.

90 Proof

Well, I don't have anything to do with pizza except to eat it occasionally
    I'm saying the program isn't NECESSARILY bad, and it wasn't that program that forced the Federal subsidizing of loans to people who couldn't afford them. Bush warned of the impending crisis for years, urging reform. I bet you have no problem with the housing welfare program initiated by the HNIC.
    I tend to agree, although receiving a subsidy of up to 8,000 dollars to help with closing does not necessarily mean you won't be able to afford your mortgage. It was you clowns who started this welfare shit, so quit bitching.
    One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line. --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program.--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face.--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983.--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." Letter to President Clinton, signed by: -- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process.-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies. -- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies.Letter to President Bush, Signed by: -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them.-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country.-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power.-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction. -- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons. -- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security. -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction.-- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to d -- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. -- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction.-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real... -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

Maybe because he had virtually unanimous Democratic Party support?
    Dumbya supposedly wanted to stop risky lending yet couldnt pass any laws?
    Look at it this way. The HNIC has a lot more fellow Commie support than did Bush have GOP support when he was President, and look at the trouble the Commies are having getting their pet projects passed. Even a minority can bottle up legislation they don't want passed

daggerkobe

Dagger - you realize the election was more than a year ago right? how long are you going to blame bush?
    You do know economies take YEARS to recover from severe downturns, dont you? They dont magically reset whenever a new president is sworn in. The last time the economy was this bad it took 12 years to recover!

unemployment is slowing? woo-hoo, we should only be in double digits for another year or two.
    You guys didnt seem to mind it when unemployment hit double-digits hit under Reagan.

Oh that's right, you guys just blamed it on Carter, even tho it was 2 years after Reagan took office.

i'm just happy that the terrorist guy that nearly blew up a plane on Christmas Day didn't ruin Hussein's vacation in Hawaii, that would have sucked. how else he going to add to those record setting 26 rounds of golf if he was back on the mainland handling a crisis?
    What crisis? It's not like he ignored 8 months of warnings then hid in an underground bunker while thousands of his people were jumping out of burning buildings.

Republicans suck, but i don't remember the last time one blew up a plane, flew a plane into a building, held Americans hostage for 444 days, killed some soldiers at Fort Hood. yo libs are all for peace and love, head on over the Middle East and show them how nice and fair-minded you are. you guys can share tea over your discussions of how bush is the devil and then they will gladly cut your head off.
    Iraqis didnt do shit to us until we invaded their country. Saddam was Reagan's boy who gassed Iranians and his own people with the chemical weapons Reagan supplied him with. Bush Sr also saw him as an ally and gave him billions in loan guarantees when he became president.

And because Dumbya allocated most of our troops & resources to Iraq instead of Afghanistan, the Taliban and al Qaeda are regaining power.

and one final hint for Hussein and his "there will be a full investigation to determine blah, blah, blah..." i could have that one done in about 8 seconds....

muslim men like to blow shit up and kill Americans!!!!!!!!!!!! problem solved.
    Spoken like a true bigot. Your mom must be proud.

90 Proof

[quoteYou guys didnt seem to mind it when unemployment hit double-digits hit under Reagan. Oh that's right, you guys just blamed it on Carter, even tho it was 2 years after Reagan took office. [/quote] You are wrong. I do blame Reagan to a degree because Reagan did nothing to dissuade Volcker from tightening money to curb runaway inflation and was at odds with members of his own cabinet for this stance. And it was the right stance to take.

daggerkobe

Quote Originally Posted by 90 Proof View Post
    Well, I don't have anything to do with pizza except to eat it occasionally
    So someone impersonating you made all those posts on a pizza deliverer forum to make you look like a racist pizza boy?

Yeah and Im Doug Flutie.

You deliver pizzas and we eat it. That's the way it is and always will be.

I'm saying the program isn't NECESSARILY bad, and it wasn't that program that forced the Federal subsidizing of loans to people who couldn't afford them. Bush warned of the impending crisis for years, urging reform. I bet you have no problem with the housing welfare program initiated by the HNIC.
    Lending money isnt welfare, retard. But handing them money is. If they cant scrap together $5000 for downpayment how will they afford mortgage, insurance, property taxes, utilities, etc? They couldnt.

Its you neonitwits that claim Dumbya tried in vain to warn anyone that would listen about the impending mortgage doom..... then he goes and does something like this??????

Had Clinton or Obama passed this, you would create 100s of threads denouncing it and blaming it for the meltdown. Admit it, pizza boy.

I tend to agree, although receiving a subsidy of up to 8,000 dollars to help with closing does not necessarily mean you won't be able to afford your mortgage. It was you clowns who started this welfare shit, so quit bitching.
    So in other words, welfare is OK if done by your neonitwit leaders. Spoken like a true hypocrite.

One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line. --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program.--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face.--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983.--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." Letter to President Clinton, signed by: -- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process.-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies. -- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies.Letter to President Bush, Signed by: -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them.-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country.-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power.-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction. -- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons. -- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security. -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction.-- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to d -- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. -- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction.-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real... -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003
    Hmmmmm none of these quotes belong to the idiot that was dumb enough to actually invade. Even after being told by the CIA that all their evidence was false and forged A YEAR PRIOR to mentioning them in his speeches to rally for war. But we all know the idiot was planning this since at least 1999 when he told his biographer he would invade if he had the resources his father had.

Maybe because he had virtually unanimous Democratic Party support?
    Look at it this way. The HNIC has a lot more fellow Commie support than did Bush have GOP support when he was President, and look at the trouble the Commies are having getting their pet projects passed. Even a minority can bottle up legislation they don't want passed
    In other words, you talk out both sides of your ass whenever its convenient such as when Dumbya signs a welfare bill that contributed greatly to the mortgage meltdown.

Typical pizza boy straw-man arguments.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

See what I mean

slacker00

Just an example that objective values don't exist. Some day you guys might realize this and quit

90 Proof

So someone impersonating you made all those posts on a pizza deliverer forum to make you look like a racist pizza boy?

Yeah and Im Doug Flutie.

You deliver pizzas and we eat it. That's the way it is and always will be.
    Well, hi Doug because I don't deliver pizzas.
    Lending money isnt welfare, retard. But handing them money is.
    Is the supposed to be a point there?
    If they cant scrap together $5000 for downpayment how will they afford mortgage, insurance, property taxes, utilities, etc? They couldnt.
    Get a clue. They are getting houses, not mansions. They may very well be able to afford, say, $600 dollar a month mortgage payments, but don't have $5,000 cash on hand for closing. Again you have no problem with you HNIC's housing money give away, do you.
    Its you neonitwits that claim Dumbya tried in vain to warn anyone that would listen about the impending mortgage doom..... then he goes and does something like this??????
    A program that did nothing more than assist some homeowners with closing costs was not the problem and anyone who thinks so is just a partisan idiot.
    Had Clinton or Obama passed this, you would create 100s of threads denouncing it and blaming it for the meltdown. Admit it, pizza boy.
    Since you want to bring it up, Clinton was most certainly part of the problem:

The Clinton administration has turned the Community Reinvestment Act, a once-obscure and lightly enforced banking regulation law, into one of the most powerful mandates shaping American cities—and, as Senate Banking Committee chairman Phil Gramm memorably put it, a vast extortion scheme against the nation's banks. Under its provisions, U.S. banks have committed nearly $1 trillion for inner-city and low-income mortgages and real estate development projects, most of it funneled through a nationwide network of left-wing community groups, intent, in some cases, on teaching their low-income clients that the financial system is their enemy and, implicitly, that government, rather than their own striving, is the key to their well-being.

http://www.city-journal.org/html/10_...on_dollar.html

Hmmmmm none of these quotes belong to the idiot that was dumb enough to actually invade. Even after being told by the CIA that all their evidence was false and forged A YEAR PRIOR to mentioning them in his speeches to rally for war. But we all know the idiot was planning this since at least 1999 when he told his biographer he would invade if he had the resources his father had.
    They just belong to Democrats who saw the same intelligence and reached the same conclusions, and didn't want to miss out on the credit.
    In other words, you talk out both sides of your ass whenever its convenient such as when Dumbya signs a welfare bill that contributed greatly to the mortgage meltdown.
    It didn't greatly contribute to anything. The entire program only involved $200 million dollars and did not preclude eligible recipients from demonstrating repayment ability.

daggerkobe

Well, hi Doug because I don't deliver pizzas. Is the supposed to be a point there?
    You're such a terrible liar.

http://tipthepizzaguy.com/discussion...num=12078&ip=1

Get a clue. They are getting houses, not mansions. They may very well be able to afford, say, $600 dollar a month mortgage payments, but don't have $5,000 cash on hand for closing.
    Obviously you've never owned a home before. Not surprising on your pizza deliverer salary. Even a modest $250,000 home costs much more than that, not including insurance. Maybe if they all lived in Detroit they may find homes for $600 a month. Heck, they may even buy homes for $5000 like I see on eBay.

Again you have no problem with you HNIC's housing money give away, do you. A program that did nothing more than assist some homeowners with closing costs was not the problem and anyone who thinks so is just a partisan idiot. Since you want to bring it up, Clinton was most certainly part of the problem:
    Again, you have a failure to grasp the difference between a loan and a welfare handout. Guess which one you dont have to pay back?

[QUOTE=90 Proof;2842682]
    The Clinton administration has turned the Community Reinvestment Act, a once-obscure and lightly enforced banking regulation law, into one of the most powerful mandates shaping American cities—and, as Senate Banking Committee chairman Phil Gramm memorably put it, a vast extortion scheme against the nation's banks. Under its provisions, U.S. banks have committed nearly $1 trillion for inner-city and low-income mortgages and real estate development projects, most of it funneled through a nationwide network of left-wing community groups, intent, in some cases, on teaching their low-income clients that the financial system is their enemy and, implicitly, that government, rather than their own striving, is the key to their well-being.

http://www.city-journal.org/html/10_...on_dollar.html

CRA isnt what caused the mortgage meltdown. It was Dumbya's policies such as The Downpayment Initiative, allowing SEC to deregulate banking, firing of Fannie Mae regulator and ignoring HUD regulators. Kinda funny that a racist pizza boy is defending a welfare program only because Dumbya passed it.

They just belong to Democrats who saw the same intelligence and reached the same conclusions, and didn't want to miss out on the credit.
    I seem to recall Nancy Pelosi voting against the war. Hmmmm, I guess quoting people doesnt work when their actions are complete opposites huh? Unlike Dumbya who told his biographer in 1999 that he would invade Iraq at any cost and even lied and forged to make his wet dream come true. If you dont believe me, just ask the CIA.

It didn't greatly contribute to anything. The entire program only involved $200 million dollars and did not preclude eligible recipients from demonstrating repayment ability.
    You're a clueless fuk.

If each poor family received $7000 in handouts, that's 28,571 homes that were purchased due to the program. Which means at $250,000 each, this welfare program cost over $7,000,000,000 in default mortgages.

Keep delivering pizzas, loser.

DwightShrute

90 Proof

You're such a terrible liar.
    I don't know what your point is, but I don't deliver pizzas.

Obviously you've never owned a home before. Not surprising on your pizza deliverer salary. Even a modest $250,000 home costs much more than that, not including insurance. Maybe if they all lived in Detroit they may find homes for $600 a month. Heck, they may even buy homes for $5000 like I see on eBay.
    I've owned 3 homes and am currently paying a mortgage now. Within a square mile of my house (good neighborhood all around), you could buy homes ranging in price from $35,000 to over a million dollars. There are decent affordable houses around for even low income people.

Again, you have a failure to grasp the difference between a loan and a welfare handout. Guess which one you dont have to pay back?
    Don't know what you are referring to.
    CRA isnt what caused the mortgage meltdown. It was Dumbya's policies such as The Downpayment Initiative, allowing SEC to deregulate banking, firing of Fannie Mae regulator and ignoring HUD regulators. Kinda funny that a racist pizza boy is defending a welfare program only because Dumbya passed it.
    The shakedown of the banks to make loans they normally wouldn't make was most definitely a very significant factor in the crisis.

I seem to recall Nancy Pelosi voting against the war. Hmmmm, I guess quoting people doesnt work when their actions are complete opposites huh? Unlike Dumbya who told his biographer in 1999 that he would invade Iraq at any cost and even lied and forged to make his wet dream come true. If you dont believe me, just ask the CIA.
    Pelosi is just a hypocritical oyster. She was all for attacking Iraq when it was being done to shield the peccadillos of Bill Clinton. She has one of the most Commie districts in the Nation, so of course she will vote against it when its Bush's war.

If each poor family received $7000 in handouts, that's 28,571 homes that were purchased due to the program. Which means at $250,000 each, this welfare program cost over $7,000,000,000 in default mortgages.
    YOU are cluless. First of all, 7 billion is a drop in the bucket when looking at the overall mortgage crisis. Second, I can guarantee you, the average price of homes purchased under the program was WAY less than 250 grand. Third, you actually think every single home purchase under the program ended in default? How ridiculous is that? Fourth you assume that buyers under the program didn't have to present documentation that they were credit worthy. That's simply not the case

First 123456 Last