The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Kraken bout to get back in shape

I will be updating this thread periodically with pics. Maybe once a month or so.

Over the last few years, I've focused a lot on school and work. My overall fitness, health and physique shows neglect. I told my wife the other day "I think I'm getting chubby". She said "Nah, you're just soft."

OUCH!

But she was right. I've definitely gotten soft and put on some midsection weight. And I feel like shit.

So, my main goal is simply to feel better. To have more energy throughout the day but to also gain back my confidence I've had most of my life that is now fleeting.

I will also be interested to see if I am able to get off my pain meds. One interesting fact about pain medicine (from a guy that's been on them for almost 5 years now) is that they strip you of all motivation which isn't exactly ideal. Previously when I was training though, I felt better than ever before. But this is not of any importance to this thread. It will be all about the PICS

My main means to accomplishing my goal will boxing, muay thai combined with some modest diet changes, lots of road work and a day or two/week in a traditional gym to hopefully at least appease King Mayan.

I'm very excited to be at the point where I'm so disgusted with how I've let myself go that I'm going to act on it today.

Wish me luck folks. I'll try to get PICS up soon

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The Kraken

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

It's just like Andy always told me, get busy dying or get Kraken.

Robot Chicken - Release the Kraken! Video - View more funny videos
    Last edited by Kermit; 01-04-15 at 03:22 PM.
    Points Awarded:

The Kraken gave Kermit 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Pics of pecs/butt

Hope you meet the goals you set for yourself.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3374

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    Excellent.

The Kraken

Booty pic #1

Will reassess in a few months
    Attached Images  
    Points Awarded:

sourtwist gave The Kraken 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

i was seriously going to question kraken having a gf, much less a wife... then i saw him wearing her socks
    Points Awarded:

The Kraken gave raydog 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dollars2Donuts, DiggityDaggityDo, OnkelChris, and bigballa

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

^^^^lol^^^^

The Kraken

Those are mens socks, pal. Got them on sale at a yoga shop. What you can't see is the extra cushioning around the heels. Great for running.

Ray post a picture of your socks

Coach Potato
    Coach Potato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31636

How old r u?

Humpdadirt
    Humpdadirt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Are you a unich or is that an inny?

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Do it Kraken! Try to get off those pain meds bud...never seen any good come out of those things
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The Kraken

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Time to get a crackin

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9617

dead athletes don't lie

who said that exercise was good for you? Who is this we and they, everyone keeps talking about when athletes are usually the sickest people in the world and the amateurs that mimick them die even younger.

Not my words but i tend to agree

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

It's a dam centaur
    Points Awarded:

The Kraken gave downsouth 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JAKEPEAVY21 gave downsouth 1100 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

A good starting point is getting your body on a good sleep schedule, I'm assuming if you are taking pain meds then you probably have a terrible one.

After that the next step would be checking your diet, are you fueling up 3 times a day or do you eat whenever is convienient (jesus thats hard to spell).

Finally I'd suggest a partner/friend/wife w.e to try to tackle this with you, keep each others spirit up etc. I had some friends in the military that had weight problems and the above listed things should not be neglected.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24749

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

please don't post any more pics, you're obviously a slob we get it
    Points Awarded:

Isaiah gave existential 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Isaiah

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Yeah. Gay socks are in style it's true. My buddy was wearing some with little neon colored bicycles on them the other day.

Get crackin, Kraken.
    Nomination(s):

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    A good starting point is getting your body on a good sleep schedule, I'm assuming if you are taking pain meds then you probably have a terrible one.

After that the next step would be checking your diet, are you fueling up 3 times a day or do you eat whenever is convienient (jesus thats hard to spell).

Finally I'd suggest a partner/friend/wife w.e to try to tackle this with you, keep each others spirit up etc. I had some friends in the military that had weight problems and the above listed things should not be neglected.
    Thanks for the post. All very true and things that will and need to be addressed. Especially sleep. I've neglected it for quite some time.
    thx again

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    Do it Kraken! Try to get off those pain meds bud...never seen any good come out of those things
    agree. Gonna try. I still have 4 feet of metal in my chest that give me hell sometimes, so I don't think I'll be off completely until the metal is removed. But, I'd love to truely start taking it only when needed and not X times per day as prescribed. If I could get to that point, I'd be satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    dead athletes don't lie

who said that exercise was good for you? Who is this we and they, everyone keeps talking about when athletes are usually the sickest people in the world and the amateurs that mimick them die even younger.

Not my words but i tend to agree
    I tend to agree as well. But I like boxing, Muay Thai, martial arts in general. Have done them for some time so I will be doing it as much because I enjoy it as Using it to get into shape.

diet is where it's at

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Booty pic #1

Will reassess in a few months
    oh wow look at that bulge

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

try this site for extra gambling money

essentially you gamble on whether or not you can lose 4% of your body weight in 4 weeks

which is actually easily done just by purposely bulking up before you start and water manipulation afterwards

i've generally just about doubled my money on every bet i've done and not even started dieting or working out, anyone that meets their goal splits the pot from the people that failed (after the site takes their rake)

http://www.dietbetter.com/

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Come On Krak! Waiving you in from 3rd to Home!
    Points Awarded:

The Kraken gave TheMoneyShot 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    oh wow look at that bulge
    You motherfukker

This thread is NOT about my rooster

eddycash
    eddycash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15834

pain meds not only destroy your mind, they destroy your health. looking fit on the outside still doesnt mean your vital organs are healthy. start with a real diet for life then mold your body with excersize. quit gluten, it prevents nutrients from absorbing into the body, which is why its in almost everything lol

raydog

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Those are mens socks, pal. Got them on sale at a yoga shop. What you can't see is the extra cushioning around the heels. Great for running.

Ray post a picture of your socks
    no socks this morning... i run around in whatever comfy shoes the dogs dont have in their mouth at the time...

i took this pic to show you what happens to my legs the day after a huge carb up/shit meal day ... veins explode ... currently 5'6 181 .. bf 11% ... still trying to get in the 190 range before cutting back some...feel good.. goodluck krak
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 10-08-15 at 11:01 AM. Reason: image does not exist

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Ray. Gym was packed this weekend... I'm able to say I've been there since T-Giving. Damn newbies.

raydog

hah.. your options are probably limited due to work... early am or after 8-9 is probably all you can do for the next month or so... it will die down

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Good luck buddy....I started myself this morning....sitting at 217.4. I have been on a gradual expansion project for the last 5 years (since I stopped the marathons). Time to get it in control.....baby due in 4 months, getting married in 10 months.....need to feel better.

Kick ass bro

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

I gained almost 30 lbs during my wife's most recent pregnancy. She had the baby, lost what she gained, and here I am still pregnant.

Ray dog you're a beast dude. Inspiration right there. Bet I could still whoop your ass though.

raydog

im so fukking short man.. was 5'7 part of my life, now over40, im shrinking... when i stand next to normal people, i feel like cormier next to jones ...

cut those carbs and spend a little time on a treadmill/stepper... it will come off

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    no socks this morning... i run around in whatever comfy shoes the dogs dont have in their mouth at the time...

i took this pic to show you what happens to my legs the day after a huge carb up/shit meal day ... veins explode ... currently 5'6 181 .. bf 11% ... still trying to get in the 190 range before cutting back some...feel good.. goodluck krak
    On my phone getting some 1G service but had to say DAMN those are some amazing calves

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 10-08-15 at 11:01 AM. Reason: image does not exist

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

GL, I never could gain weight.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    GL, I never could gain weight.
    I knew you were a skinny little mofo.

1234 Last