stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32811

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    There's 12 black people in MN. Chicago and New York are shitholes if we are talking gangs.
    Laugh all you want, I know people up there.
    Google St. Paul gang problem.

Minny/St. Paul is 20 percent black.
    1 in 5

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by regger View Post
    Calgary, AB
    Calagary in an American city now?
    I missed that memo

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 316

El Paso

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7589

i don't think i've seen dc or that area mentioned. that place is awesome. visited last year and had a blast.

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    we all know the LA and Philly stay jiggy, but on the snake, Miami bringing heat for real
    man i dunno lived in miami back in the 90s. went back and visited in July and it was just a total shock. I had to ask about 7 different people for directions before I could find someone who spoke english. I asked a black guy and he spoke haitian, then asked a white guy, c*ocksucker was speaking Hebrew. Will the last white man out of Miami please bring the flag.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11653

Lived in DC all my life hooper. Love the city, hate the people.Plus mass transit system is a joke.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Laugh all you want, I know people up there.
    Google St. Paul gang problem.

Minny/St. Paul is 20 percent black.
    1 in 5
    Minneapolis and St. Paul are two separate cities, downtown St. Paul got shitty. Minneapolis has its bad parts too but it's better in my eyes. Plus, everyone just lives in the burbs anyway. Fukk paying more for less.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Minneapolis is cool

Matt's Bar has about the best burger there is...the Jucy Lucy

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I've been visiting Seattle for the last 10 years and love it. Now live here but only a month and it's certainly met my expectations. Weather is fairly moderate all year and probably nowhere has better Summers. Vancouver is a days bike ride to the North and Portland a long days bike ride to the South. If you like being outdoors this place is great. The "rain" is overrated and misinterpreted. International cuisine galore. Lot of water front real estate. Mj is legal if that is your thing. Negs are public transportation isn't the best but getting better and petty crime is high but that's true in most big cities. Overall I'd put Seattle up there.

I'm sure there's some SoCal cities that are better, like Huntington Beach but who has the funds to live there? But they've got some of the best beaches and climate anywhere. Girls are smoking hot. If you like Asians, Seattle is the place.

Now, I wouldn't dare put OKC on this list. But I will say that I think OKC gets you the most bang for your buck if you're not looking for a beach town. OKC is super cheap to live, gas is $1.99 right now. Downtown has been completely re-done and is continually improving. Tons of land which I love. Pretty much every house has a decent front and back yard and it's not hard at all to find an affordable house with a few acres 20-30 minutes from downtown. I really liked OKC. Surprisingly, they have one of the largest LGBT populations in the US. The artsy scene in OKC is a delight. Lastly the food their is actually pretty amazing. I'd put their steak houses up against any in the country. Food trucks are every where and food truck fairs happen often. And these are pretty damn good food trucks. It's one of the things I miss mostl Even when my in-laws came in from Seattle they'd always comment how the Seafood was actually pretty damn good. Overall a great place to live in one mans opinion.

The Kraken

In great places to live, OKC would be -1000 over that smog dome dump LA

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7589

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    Lived in DC all my life hooper. Love the city, hate the people.Plus mass transit system is a joke.
    so that's why you got the wire as your avatar. makes sense. i didn't run into any people that made me dislike the place while i was there, but i take your word for it.

it's also weird because an outsider's opinion of your city is always going to be different than a local's. i live in memphis and i ended up talking in a bar about a year ago to some asian girls from australia who were like, 'we come to memphis every year and it's our favorite place in america to visit.' and they had been all over. there's a two-day garage rock sorta indie music fest which gets a lot of attention and they visit for that and just roam around for the weekend and love it. and i'm like, 'yeah my car got broke into in front of my house the other day, but yeah, that's awesome that you love it here!' don't get me wrong, i do love where i live but it is weird when people from another country are envious of the place.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    I've been visiting Seattle for the last 10 years and love it. Now live here but only a month and it's certainly met my expectations. Weather is fairly moderate all year and probably nowhere has better Summers. Vancouver is a days bike ride to the North and Portland a long days bike ride to the South. If you like being outdoors this place is great. The "rain" is overrated and misinterpreted. International cuisine galore. Lot of water front real estate. Mj is legal if that is your thing. Negs are public transportation isn't the best but getting better and petty crime is high but that's true in most big cities. Overall I'd put Seattle up there.

I'm sure there's some SoCal cities that are better, like Huntington Beach but who has the funds to live there? But they've got some of the best beaches and climate anywhere. Girls are smoking hot. If you like Asians, Seattle is the place.

Now, I wouldn't dare put OKC on this list. But I will say that I think OKC gets you the most bang for your buck if you're not looking for a beach town. OKC is super cheap to live, gas is $1.99 right now. Downtown has been completely re-done and is continually improving. Tons of land which I love. Pretty much every house has a decent front and back yard and it's not hard at all to find an affordable house with a few acres 20-30 minutes from downtown. I really liked OKC. Surprisingly, they have one of the largest LGBT populations in the US. The artsy scene in OKC is a delight. Lastly the food their is actually pretty amazing. I'd put their steak houses up against any in the country. Food trucks are every where and food truck fairs happen often. And these are pretty damn good food trucks. It's one of the things I miss mostl Even when my in-laws came in from Seattle they'd always comment how the Seafood was actually pretty damn good. Overall a great place to live in one mans opinion.
    Huntington beach is cheap for a beach community .... Newport beach is expensive right next to each other so

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

having a house is vastly overrated unless you have kids

Most people use 20% of a house

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Huntington beach is cheap for a beach community .... Newport beach is expensive right next to each other so
    Interesting. I could've sworn we looked into living there before moving here and it was beyond ridiculous. I do know it's gorgeous down there on the beach. Those home's right along that running trail, clean beaches, great weather

perfect

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Interesting. I could've sworn we looked into living there before moving here and it was beyond ridiculous. I do know it's gorgeous down there on the beach. Those home's right along that running trail, clean beaches, great weather

perfect
    I'm wrong. It's Manhattan Beach I'm speaking of, not Huntington.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Ashville is cool. Here are some other dark horses

Nashville TN
    Austin TX
    Colorado Springs CO
    Rapid City SD
    Tempe AZ
    Boulder CO
    yeah I like Austin .... feels like so cal ....and Colorado is nice period. AZ is cool like if you blended the inland empire with rural Texas you'd get AZ.....heres a sleeper for you Frisco, TX look it up nice little city you can get into ....I have 2 friends that are brothers that moved there from Irvine, CA and haven't looked back said its the OC in Texas with nicer people.

teaserpleaser

I'm wrong. It's Manhattan Beach I'm speaking of, not Huntington.
    in that case arm and both legs .... yes expensive.

Brock Landers

was in Seattle this summer and loved it!

Went for dinner at CAFE BENGODI downtown and was blown away, their food is off the charts good and full of flavor!

Kraken, you know of it?? its very close to the underground tour....

Visited Kurt Cobain's house and that little park next to it. UW, Singles apartment from the movie. Pike Place is very cool

The Kraken

I think it was the 3 syllables that tripped me up

We recently stayed in Topanga Canyon up by Malibu which was gorgeous. When I saw how far Manhattan Beach was from Topanga, I knew I was wrong.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    was in Seattle this summer and loved it!

Went for dinner at CAFE BENGODI downtown and was blown away, their food is off the charts good and full of flavor!

Kraken, you know of it?? its very close to the underground tour....

Visited Kurt Cobain's house and that little park next to it. UW, Singles apartment from the movie. Pike Place is very cool
    I'm not too familiar with the downtown scene Brock. I live just a bit North, about 1/2 a mile from the UW campus and as of now, I commute to and from work and to a few local college dives. But I will check it out and get back to ya.

Next time you're in Seattle, let me know

jjgold

good to move around every 5-7 years

life too short

Brock Landers

I'm not too familiar with the downtown scene Brock. I live just a bit North, about 1/2 a mile from the UW campus and as of now, I commute to and from work and to a few local college dives. But I will check it out and get back to ya.

Next time you're in Seattle, let me know
    Will do!

You know where Cobain's house is?

That's a very nice area....

jjgold

I don't know if a good idea to meet Brock Landers

This guy should have a tattoo painted on his forhead "trouble"

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Cape Hatteras , Outerbanks?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

life too short
    recommend 5 places ...

trying to get the hell out of Chester South carolina

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

New Orleans is utter trash and utter ghetto

very very dirty

SF and Seattle impossible to afford

Just don't be a broke dikk

Seattle is a great place to live, but San Diego gets my vote for sunshine beaches and bitches

stevenash

Minneapolis and St. Paul are two separate cities, downtown St. Paul got shitty. Minneapolis has its bad parts too but it's better in my eyes. Plus, everyone just lives in the burbs anyway. Fukk paying more for less.
    Pretty much the same city divided by a river.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by PAYTON20 View Post
    Just don't be a broke dikk

Seattle is a great place to live, but San Diego gets my vote for sunshine beaches and bitches
    Because of the year round base, this is a true fact, SD is the only major US city where the male population is greater than the female population.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Will do!

You know where Cobain's house is?

That's a very nice area....
    Ya, I know where it is. Its about 5 miles directly south of me. Very, very nice area. Most areas along Lake Washington are super nice. Most areas along Puget sound are pretty damn nice as well, with the random ghetto thrown in.

I work with a guy that actually lives within a few houses of Cobains house and knew him quite well. Legend has it when Nirvana was getting more well known, he would blare their CD's in the OR non-stop He's a cardiothoracic surgeon now but when that happened he was a CT surgery fellow, just a few years away from being a surgeon. The nurses I work with tell me how annoying it was because it was non-fukking stop. Kinda cool.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

There's 12 black people in MN. Chicago and New York are shitholes if we are talking gangs.
    Limbaugh said MN has gang problems.. So...

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

You guys don't know shit..

LA is number 1 easy.

jjgold

LA one of the most visited cities in the entire world probably top three

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    You guys don't know shit..

LA is number 1 easy.
    Punto I already told you OKC would be -1000 over LA and that was being generous

It wouldn't even sniff the top 50 for places to live. It's a destination city because people wanna get the hell out of there. If it wasn't for the port of LA in San Pedro, nobody would even visit the dump

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Limbaugh said MN has gang problems.. So...
    No, my buddy who works for the Twins says so.

LA is Mexico City lite. Both citied are toilets
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Killer_Demo

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

having a house is vastly overrated unless you have kids

Most people use 20% of a house

life too short
    When did you start saying smart things?

Yeah, it's the Midwestern Dream -- Buy a house that's way too big for you, and bunker down in it for the rest of your miserable life. Get fat, breathe through your mouth, laugh at Geico commercials, and work on your yard for the majority of your days off.

First 123456 Last