lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

most overrated manager/coach of all time in all sports

Obviously each sport has guys who get too much credit. For me it has to be scotty bowman.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Guardiola. Not even close.

And no I'm not biased at all

lakerboy

Yeah that's a good one. He will coach only all star teams .... But barca can't win without him now...

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Probably phil Jackson...Has had the best 2 players (and it's not even close) to play under him.
    Now he's the big dog pulling all the strings in NEW York...Team will be lucky to hit 40 wins under him no matter who he brings in.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: emoney, and I/O

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Steve "OLD ball coach" Spurier

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

barack osama obama

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

he said it right when he said phil . When jordan didn't play those 2 yrs what did he do? When he had shaq and kobe ;he wasn't able to stop the rift!

lakerboy

Nah jackson made the bulls and lakers win. Those teams weren't winning before him and haven't since.

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Nah jackson made the bulls and lakers win. Those teams weren't winning before him and haven't since.

I know...Teams went to shit when he took off, sure aging players or whatever you call it. But that's like Spoelstra and Mike Brown (maybe his name) winning coach of the year, when it was clearly just Lebron that won those games, had nothing to do with coaches.

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

doc rivers

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Pete carol

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Mike Krzyzewski

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
    I know...Teams went to shit when he took off, sure aging players or whatever you call it. But that's like Spoelstra and Mike Brown (maybe his name) winning coach of the year, when it was clearly just Lebron that won those games, had nothing to do with coaches.
    When did Spo win COY?

Seto

Yeah that's a good one. He will coach only all star teams .... But barca can't win without him now...
    According to people who watch their games Xavi and even Messi are kinda washed up now. I guess you could make the argument he wouldn't have lost the league to Atletico but that was a freak season. Every top team in every league was playing like shit from March on. Probably linked to the World Cup.

They stole 1 UCL too.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
    Probably phil Jackson...Has had the best 2 players (and it's not even close) to play under him.
    Now he's the big dog pulling all the strings in NEW York...Team will be lucky to hit 40 wins under him no matter who he brings in.
    THIS

Also, brought his assistant coaches, THAT MADE HIM, from Chicago to LA to install the offensive and/or defensive systems that worked in Chicago so he could continue to hand out books to the players for road trips. He has never built anything on his own. Watch him shit the bed in NY. If Jordan wasn't ok with him knocking off Collins, he would just be another pot head walking along the beach listening to public radio and collecting shells.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Mike Krzyzewski
    the idiot has spoken

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

How is coach K overrated? One of the best coaches of my era imho

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Phil Jackson, are you fukking kidding me?

He brought in those great assistants and put them with the right system. He got the most out of his players. 99 out of 100 times, when players left Jackson's system, they weren't shit afterwards.

How were the Bulls with MJ and the Lakers with Kobe doing before he got there? It takes more than great players to win that many rings.

He got egomaniacs Kobe and Shaq to play together, and often really well. So how would YOU have made that happen? You wouldn't have.

Put a fantastic system in place with the right people to run it. This is exactly what you are supposed to do as a head coach. He's everything a great coach is supposed to be.

11 NBA titles because of this, and he's overrated. What else was he supposed to do to please you?

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    How is coach K overrated? One of the best coaches of my era imho
    butt hurt temple fan im assuming said that

oh wait nvm .. it was wizzle so whatever he says is irrelevant anyway

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

Bobby Cox, all those division titles, only one WS victory. He could really argue with the ump though!

chico2663

think jordan and shaq had something to do with that

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post

He brought in those great assistants and put them with the right system. He got the most out of his players. 99 out of 100 times, when players left Jackson's system, they weren't shit afterwards.

How were the Bulls with MJ and the Lakers with Kobe doing before he got there? It takes more than great players to win that many rings.

He got egomaniacs Kobe and Shaq to play together, and often really well. So how would YOU have made that happen? You wouldn't have.

Put a fantastic system in place with the right people to run it. This is exactly what you are supposed to do as a head coach. He's everything a great coach is supposed to be.

11 NBA titles because of this, and he's overrated. What else was he supposed to do to please you?
    This isn't about me. But I will enjoy Phil in New York. Should excel in this situation. Big money market. Big fan base. ALL of the decisions are his. Money is not a problem with that owner. Let's see if he still hands Melo a book to read. Even with his broken down body I'm sure he'll have no trouble cashing those checks.

and he is WAY OVER RATED

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    This isn't about me. But I will enjoy Phil in New York. Should excel in this situation. Big money market. Big fan base. ALL of the decisions are his. Money is not a problem with that owner. Let's see if he still hands Melo a book to read. Even with his broken down body I'm sure he'll have no trouble cashing those checks.

and he is WAY OVER RATED
    That wasn't directed at you IO, just saying that he could do things nobody else could do, and a lot of them.

Technically, what he does solely as a GM, good or bad, has little to do with his coaching career.

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Mike Tomlin Steelers
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: peacebyinches

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

there are too many to name

Stoops
    Williams NC

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

going way back in history, red auerbach, a monkey could literally have won with those teams. bill russell was a player coach and still won with them after they were washed up

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

phil jackson got a bunch of ego maniacs to play team ball, i give that guy a ton of credit, dont know why he hitched his star to melo this offseason though

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Spot on, he had some of the best players in the league and did what you're suppose to do win championships.

chico2663

That wasn't directed at you IO, just saying that he could do things nobody else could do, and a lot of them.

Technically, what he does solely as a GM, good or bad, has little to do with his coaching career.
    first of all it was it was tex winter (i think) offense. How did he do when jordan was suspended? Those 2 championships and that 3rd he got when jordan came back were great. What? He didn't win those! What did I miss.Pippen and jordan are rated top 50 all time. Shaq and kobe are rated top 50 all time. Kobe and gasol top 50. He won't do shit since tex is dead and he doesn't have 2 hof on roster! J.J. could of won 11 rings with the rosters he had.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Buddy, Rex, and Rob Ryan.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Obviously each sport has guys who get too much credit. For me it has to be scotty bowman.
    bill belicheat

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Bill Belichek..hasn't won anything since he got caught cheating.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6213

fabio capello
    Points Awarded:

KalouKalou gave slayer14 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

John madden.

123 Last