davidchong
    davidchong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

sports millioner: W.A. average of 10k per game with 6-7 bets per day, has doing this for over 15 years,

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

reddit

According to that guy the only way to make money is arbing

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...ports_betting/

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Arbing thing of the past
    You get banned at books real quick

Chump change now

betjumper
    betjumper's Avatar Become A Pro!

All big sports gamblers make income on the side, australia is one of the biggest gambling countries in the world, Dont forget that

jrmartin.mig
    jrmartin.mig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9118

There are a ton of guys who are successful gambling. They are just smart enough to left all of us dumb asses make the picks and and then charge us a premium for booking the action. They are gamblers too, they are just smarter than you and I.

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Arbing thing of the past
    You get banned at books real quick

Chump change now
    with multiple outs, how would they know?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

u mean like real rich or n1gga rich? ive gotten the latter a bunch of times! of coarse it has went the other way a few as well..mostly tho i tread water, lose a little or win a little here and there these days. looking for a nice n1gga rich run these next 2 months of ncaa hoops!!

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68207

There are many varying opinions as to what "rich" is.

Without the amount, my answer might be misleading.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11490

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    3000? Make a living MAYBE, but rich playing ​poker? No chance it's 3000
    Could whittle that number down to a generous 30.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    There are many varying opinions as to what "rich" is.

Without the amount, my answer might be misleading.
    context is everything..it all relative... 1st year i bet nfl serious with a local i made quite a bit but as i said "n1gga rich" summed it up better but it was a significant sum.. back then i was like these young bucks that pop up every year acting like they nfl gods, i thought that after that season as well, my guy was having me call early and laying off my plays, only time in my life the book was always behind paying me, lol.. of coarse next season i studied preseason and was ready to roll and went on to drop 10k in the 1st 5 weeks. quite humbling..

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68207

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    context is everything..it all relative... 1st year i bet nfl serious with a local i made quite a bit but as i said "n1gga rich" summed it up better but it was a significant sum.. back then i was like these young bucks that pop up every year acting like they nfl gods, i thought that after that season as well, my guy was having me call early and laying off my plays, only time in my life the book was always behind paying me, lol.. of coarse next season i studied preseason and was ready to roll and went on to drop 10k in the 1st 5 weeks. quite humbling..
    I hear you.

So true.

zacher
    Armed Rodgery
    zacher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1499

Billy Walters is a king…but he's dabbled in all sorts of stuff not just gambling HOWEVER his income now is strictly gambling on whatever..

The 60 minutes on him is nuts. very cool watch.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    Al Boston

family money... threatens to quit gambling all the time..people that win, dont quit

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Well said, Bank.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by zacher View Post
    Billy Walters is a king…but he's dabbled in all sorts of stuff not just gambling HOWEVER his income now is strictly gambling on whatever..
    No its not. Not even close. Gambling is a very small part of his income.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by zacher View Post

The 60 minutes on him is nuts. very cool watch.

Much more detailed and interesting then 60 minutes piece.

http://www.offshorebettor.com/images/COMPUTER.htm

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    No its not. Not even close. Gambling is a very small part of his income.

Currently i I agree you may be right although it is impossible to know for sure. He has owned most the golf courses in LV, developed land, gotten some very sweet land deal swaps, even the children's wing of a major hospital in vegas in named after his wife Susan. However his initial significant wealth came from gambling. The amount is impossible to accurately state but eight figures for sure. As a businessman he has expanding his assets and presumably his wealth, but his initial enormous capital came from gambling.

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

Phil Ivey?

Ajoytoy
    Ajoytoy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Dime Dog

Over at Offshorebettor there is a guy Dime Dog who has made a living sports betting for years. He bets one or two games max per day and there are many days he just takes a pass. He is one of the few people I know who have gambled for a living and been successful.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    If nobody got rich doing it where is the sharp money coming from? Is it actually just big dull money that was made outside of wagering on sports?

What about Wong? He must have done alright.....
    This.

Most of the winners you don't hear about. There are plenty out there.

There are a lot of people who have made great money OFF OF sports betting. Decent pro cappers like Indian Cowboy, and shitty ones like Root, because they advertised well. People don't understand how great subscription fees are. It's like a cover charge at a club, you're just printing money for the most part.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

how much money is rich?

scumbag
    scumbag's Avatar Become A Pro!

How big can subscription fees be if people buy it and report the plays here?

there is only one tout operation I've heard of that's not a complete fcking scam.

the real money in the tout world comes from having a bunch of killers in some room calling degenerates.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 304

Bookies are rich so if you want to live the high life book bets. You get 3 guys like jjgold on your sheet and start taking square bets.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5940

The Lock hasn't had use earned wages to pay for a cup of coffee in 8 years mostly due to getting Starbucks soccer moms to pay but sometimes because he pays with gambling winnings

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2287
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BennyBigNuts

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Big Bear did but then he blew it all on xanax and oxys

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajoytoy View Post
    Over at Offshorebettor there is a guy Dime Dog who has made a living sports betting for years. He bets one or two games max per day and there are many days he just takes a pass. He is one of the few people I know who have gambled for a living and been successful.
    Did you post at another forum 15 years or so ago?

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

If you are a decent capper there is no reason you should not get rich in the long run. Simple math and bank management.

The truth of it is, not many of us do it.

Four months ago I was drinking with a close friend and we were talking about sports and sports betting. I told him that it can be beat but it all comes down to management. I have done well, but I do continually withdraw from both of my online accounts when I should be building to higher and higher limits and that is probably my greatest mistake.

He and I decided to open a Pinny account together. Because of their high limits they are the ideal option. We each threw in $1000 (I tried to get him to throw in $2k each but he is a pessimist).

My role: When I feel great about a game, I text it to him.

His role: He takes the wager and books the action (to win if we have to lay money and to post if +money) for exactly 5% of our roll (we are up to around $450 per wager so starting to get into a better situation every day). The great thing is we can never go bust....playing the percentages we will always have money left in the account, although I truly doubt we ever have a real backslide.

Result: So far in four months we are somewhere around $9k and hitting at over 60% across all sports.

So, do I think people are getting rich out there? Yes. Billionaire rich? No. I am dreaming of the day that we are making $2,000 wagers every day and cashing out when out balance get over $45k to keep it at $40k. To be able to add $5-10k a month in untaxed income would, for me, be life changing.

Is it happening out there? Duh, of course it is.

Why don't we hear about it?

1. Most gamblers are certain 'types' of people. Poor money management, betting higher than their BR can withstand. Swing happen, you need to protect yourself and gamblers don't get that.

2. The type of people that can be restrained AND be gambling real money......they aren't the type to make it public. I am sure they would much rather sit around, living a wonderful life, and keeping it close to their vests.

GL tonight boys
    Last edited by Dollars2Donuts; 11-21-14 at 04:43 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: lakerboy, and R.P. McMurphy

buddha
    buddha's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    Did you post at another forum 15 years or so ago?
    Phoenix? Dime? Used to post team logos with his picks? Had some nice runs, sounds like what you mean.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Someone with the same "AJoyToy" handle use to post at MJ's

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Quote Originally Posted by lunch View Post
    You can name about 3000 that got rich off poker, but only 2-3 names come to mind with sports.
    LOL.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Very very few can do it at -110

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

Quote Originally Posted by scumbag View Post
    How big can subscription fees be if people buy it and report the plays here?
    1) A lot of people don't know about this forum. Most bettors I've met have never heard of SBR, or even offshore books.

2) Some tout outfits are good at cracking down on people who post on message boards. Others like the publicity it gives them.

warbux
    warbux's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Some guy who posts on a forum that shall go unnamed is a definite winner and rich. He posted his ticket inside a buggatti.

First 123 Last