Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

I'm not living in United States but I love Country Music very much!

Is it weird?

I don't care, I LOVE IT!!

Yeeeeeeeeeee-haaaa!!

Do you love country music too? Post your favourite song(s) then!

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

sounds like u got the best of both worlds.

USA sucks bro dont ever come here.

BTL
    BTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Not today's country music, I hope.

Songs that got me interested in country for a while were Diggin Up Bones and 1982 by Randy Travis and Too Cold At Home and Brother Jukebox by Mark Chestnutt. Dwight Yoakum's Greatest Hits will do the trick on a long car ride.

Favorite country song I'm going to say was I Don't Know Why You Don't Want Me by Roseanne Cash

Rolling Stones did some good country stuff Wild Horses, Far Away Eyes, Dead Flowers and Country Honk.
    Last edited by BTL; 11-11-14 at 05:43 PM.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14308

I love country music Tom.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Quote Originally Posted by BTL View Post
    Not today's country music, I hope.

Songs that got me interested in country for a while were Diggin Up Bones and 1982 by Randy Travis and Too Cold At Home and Brother Jukebox by Mark Chestnutt. Dwight Yoakum's Greatest Hits will do the trick on a long car ride.

Favorite country song I'm going to say was I Don't Know Why You Don't Want Me by Roseanne Cash

Rolling Stones did some good country stuff Wild Horses, Far Away Eyes, Dead Flowers and Country Honk.

Country got dumbed down in the mid 90s when a bunch of execs got together and realized a lot of their fan base was going to die and they were going to lose money. Enter dumbed-down lyrics, cheezy hooks, and Shania Twain. Now Australian with a $500 haircut Keith Urban is called a country music Hall-of-Famer. Fukking shame, but people are stupid, so it works.

Alternative-country was created in response to this tragedy. Country music that still sounds like country music, done in modern day so it has a little different feel. My favorite genre of music ever. I hear Germans like it too.

One good example IMO

BTL

Only good country music I've heard since 1997 is Son Volt. Well, I did buy Miranda Lambert's first album. I liked it.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Quote Originally Posted by BTL View Post
    Only good country music I've heard since 1997 is Son Volt. Well, I did buy Miranda Lambert's first album. I liked it.
    Son Volt is my favorite band of all time, no bullshit.

Lots of similar stuff out there still being made today, too much to list. Just gotta look around.

BTL

Got tuned into them listening to Radio Paradise which is pretty much all I listen to anymore.