MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I tip on takeout most of the time but I don't really think about it or have a reason.....Just figure its a way to make someone's day better and I don't care about a buck or two extra

Tip or don't who cares

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

tip nicely on delivery but cant recall leaving a tip on a takeout order

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    I tip on takeout most of the time but I don't really think about it or have a reason.....Just figure its a way to make someone's day better and I don't care about a buck or two extra

Tip or don't who cares
    next time you go to the supermarket, tip cashier at the register...I'm sure she/he would love that

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    next time you go to the supermarket, tip cashier at the register...I'm sure she/he would love that
    LOL it's my money if I want to keep it or give it away it shouldn't matter to anyone

I don't always tip on takeouts but I mainly do at places I frequent where the people and service are good.....Why not?

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

LOL it's my money if I want to keep it or give it away it shouldn't matter to anyone

I don't always tip on takeouts but I mainly do at places I frequent where the people and service are good.....Why not?
    you said it yourself - where the service is good...just in this particular scenario there is no service except them handing you a bag with your food

hey I've been guilty in giving away my money to random people too - I just don't do it on takeouts

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

you said it yourself - where the service is good...just in this particular scenario there is no service except them handing you a bag with your food
    Service as in they always have my food ready quickly and in the time they say, they don't ever fukk my orders up, they smile and treat the customers the right way all the time, etc etc

Just a small little gesture for them as I figure they could use a dollar or 2 more than me

I understand if you don't tip for takeouts but I like to in some situations

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Service as in they always have my food ready quickly and in the time they say, they don't ever fukk my orders up, they smile and treat the customers the right way all the time, etc etc

Just a small little gesture for them as I figure they could use a dollar or 2 more than me

I understand if you don't tip for takeouts but I like to in some situations
    you're a good dude MLD

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

you're a good dude MLD
    LOL I just have a few go-to takeout places by me that can get busy and they hook up the regulars.....I'm not some punk that thinks he's getting laid by the hot 18 year old behind the counter for throwing her 3 bucks

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

LOL I just have a few go-to takeout places by me that can get busy and they hook up the regulars.....I'm not some punk that thinks he's getting laid by the hot 18 year old behind the counter for throwing her 3 bucks
    I'm well aware of that

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

If your life is pathetic enough where you have to sweat $5 to make someone else's day, you should acknowledge you're a failure and seek new employment. Anyone arguing a measly thank you for a couple bucks is just an unappreciative broke Dikk dirtball.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Grits n' Gravy

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

I only tip hookers
    Points Awarded:

PorkChop gave tony_come 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PorkChop, and packerd_00

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

heck naw in vegas they seem to be much more mad about no tip than elsewhere

Weems2k
    Fat!!!
    Weems2k's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8812

Pay cash, and you won't have to worry about the blank tip spot on the receipt.

By the way, if you are gonna tip on a take out order, tip the cook. After all, he/she is the one doing all the work.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

It depends. A lot of places are adding extra charges now for take-outs.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

big difference.

cashiers often make $10-15/hr. waiters make $3/hr and depend on tips.

i even tip $5 at buffets.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    big difference.

cashiers often make $10-15/hr. waiters make $3/hr and depend on tips.

i even tip $5 at buffets.
    that's the choice that they've made cruster
    can't support every broke dikk around the globe

like I said, when it comes to tipping, I'm very generous IF I get the service
    can care less about your life story and why you only make 3 bucks in hour ...no service- no tip

The Inevitable
    The Inevitable's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3256

These people smile and act polite because they want your business and they want you to return. If they don't act pleasant you take your business else where and they know this. You paid these people to make and prepare your food; a fair trade. So giving them extra money for the hell of it makes no sense. If you want to give someone money who has done nothing to earn your business, give it to a bum on the street or to charity.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Russian Rocket

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    I only tip hookers

This is a man who gets it.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    I only tip hookers
    Toniest you play you pay

Book Crook
    Book Crook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 673

Quote Originally Posted by James Marques View Post
    Jesus christ just throw a couple bucks out you cheap fukks. They may not be waiting on you but they gotta box all that shit up, pack condiments, run back to the kitchen 8 more times to get your fat azz 8 sides of ranch, and generally put up with displeasant people all night while doing it. Cut these guys a break.
    damn, this is exactly what I was thinking. Holy shit is it really going to break the bank to leave someone 5 bucks for getting all your shit ready and having it waiting by the doors for you. It's just a common courtesy. Hope yall enjoy those extra dandruff flakes on your pizza.

I always try and be polite and generous to people that handle my food. I don't want any "from-unda" cheese on my za.

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Quote Originally Posted by The Inevitable View Post
    These people smile and act polite because they want your business and they want you to return. If they don't act pleasant you take your business else where and they know this. You paid these people to make and prepare your food; a fair trade. So giving them extra money for the hell of it makes no sense. If you want to give someone money who has done nothing to earn your business, give it to a bum on the street or to charity.
    It's pretty easy to go through this thread and spot those who don't understand how a restaurant operates. These servers are not being paid to make and prepare the food; they're getting paid ~$4/hr and don't see any of that $$ you pay for your food items you see on the menu... The server you're refusing to tip is assembling your order and ensuring it's correct. If they're incompetent and can't get it right, of course they don't deserve a tip...

Book Crook
    Book Crook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 673

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    It depends. A lot of places are adding extra charges now for take-outs.
    i will agree with this though if there is an extra charge. then no, you can take that up with your manager as to why they get tipped and you don't.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

that's the choice that they've made cruster
    can't support every broke dikk around the globe

like I said, when it comes to tipping, I'm very generous IF I get the service
    can care less about your life story and why you only make 3 bucks in hour ...no service- no tip
    look, nobody grows up saying they wanna become a server when they grow up. theyre mostly people down on their luck, who got laid off, single mothers, college students paying their own way through school, actors between gigs, heck even harvard grads wait on tables cause they cant find jobs they went to school for.

imagine if they took ur advice and quit, who will serve u and me? last thing i want to do when i go out to eat is carry my own food and clean the table afterwards.

servers arent going away because the world needs them. frankly we should be grateful there are "brokedikkks" who are willing to work at a shitty job with shitty pay. so giving them a couple of bucks is the least i could do.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

Quote Originally Posted by ramones951 View Post
    It's pretty easy to go through this thread and spot those who don't understand how a restaurant operates. These servers are not being paid to make and prepare the food; they're getting paid ~$4/hr and don't see any of that $$ you pay for your food items you see on the menu... The server you're refusing to tip is assembling your order and ensuring it's correct. If they're incompetent and can't get it right, of course they don't deserve a tip...
    Excatly

Kermit

I worked for a restaurant for 15 years and the cooks were the ones who packed up the to go orders. It is much easier and practical to do it this way. You have all of your take out containers labeled and lined up and then you bring the food to the containers. the waitresses never did anything other than carry the bags/boxes to the front, and most of the time the managers did it.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

look, nobody grows up saying they wanna become a server when they grow up. theyre mostly people down on their luck, who got laid off, single mothers, college students paying their own way through school, actors between gigs, heck even harvard grads wait on tables cause they cant find jobs they went to school for.

imagine if they took ur advice and quit, who will serve u and me? last thing i want to do when i go out to eat is carry my own food and clean the table afterwards.

servers arent going away because the world needs them. frankly we should be grateful there are "brokedikkks" who are willing to work at a shitty job with shitty pay. so giving them a couple of bucks is the least i could do.
    I always and I mean always go an extra mile to make sure that waiters and busboys who actually do their work get rewarded well. Like I said, I often tip up north of 30%.
    But if a broke dikk fukk walked 10 feet from point A to point B without any effort to bring me my food in a bag that I ordered to-go...why in the world should I support his poor existence?

Like that previous OP said - give money to a charity instead.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

lol this coming from a liberal sheep. Obviously didn't think that one through before you said it.

Kermit

There were servers in the restaurant that I worked at that made as much money as the managers and did far less work. Some were knocking down $700 to $800 a week in tips and only reporting exactly what they needed to for taxes so their paychecks would balance out to zero. They had a system and worked it well. We would come in to do payroll Monday morning and see their tip reports and laugh when only $200 to $300 was being reported.

Servers are the biggest hustlers in the game when it came to cheating. There wasn't one honest server in that place when it came to being truthful for reporting tips. The ones that I worked with were also not team players. I always heard a lot of "That's not my job" or "I don't get paid to do that" which was comical considering they were pulling in more than anyone else. And of course since most servers are women, they have their own cliques and a lot of backstabbing goes on.

I could write a book on some of the crazy shit that I've seen go down in the restaurant biz.

Kermit

I would go out on a limb and say that if you do tip on a take-out, more than likely the person(s) who did all of the work preparing and packing it up will never see one dime of that tip. I know that when I was the BOH/kitchen manager, we never got tipped and we had to do all of the work. I remember one time a rep from a pharmaceutical company had a 20+ dinner to go order for some medical center and we had heard that he left a $50 tip for the order and after we did all of the work cooking, packing, and bagging everything up, we never got shit. But then again, we didn't expect to get tipped because we were already paid to do that job.

But some waitress(or the manger) pocketed that $50 for doing absolutely nothing.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

I would go out on a limb and say that if you do tip on a take-out, more than likely the person(s) who did all of the work preparing and packing it up will never see one dime of that tip.

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

I would go out on a limb and say that if you do tip on a take-out, more than likely the person(s) who did all of the work preparing and packing it up will never see one dime of that tip.
    It's called tip-pool.

And I guess we shouldn't donate to charity, since we can't be 100% sure the money is going where we think it is.
    Points Awarded:

crustyme gave ramones951 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    lol this coming from a liberal sheep. Obviously didn't think that one through before you said it.
    i couldnt care less why these people took a shitty job with shitty pay dealing with mostly shitty people.

but if my eating out experience was even slightly enhanced because of them then they deserve a tip.

the true brokedikkks are wannabe elitists like u who look down at them because u make slightly more as a greeter at walmart.

i have now given u a lesson in politics and now social etiquette. need more lessons? just holla.

Kermit

Nothing wrong with tipping servers for waiting on you. I am all for it and always tip even when the service is lousy, but tipping a server(or manager) for carrying a bag from the kitchen to the front of the house is not necessary, especially if they didn't do anything to prepare your to-go order. And I never heard of a tip-pool for to-go orders. At least there wasn't anything like that were I worked.

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

If it's a mom and pop type ice cream place/coffee place. Yes.
    If it's a dunkin donuts. No

If it's real mexicans making my tacos and correctly. Yes
    If it's taco bell. No.

Only real fast food places I go to often is a taco/burrito joint and to get coffee. Few times a year will get chick-fil-a or similar fast food, and I don't tip those types of folks, unless the person taking the order is black, then I tip 5 bucks, because at least they have a job unlike 90% of their friends.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

I always tip well in restaurants. If the bill is 40 then I leave them $10 for tip. On carry out pizza I never tip since I'm the one picking it up. I pay exact cash. I don't trust them having my *********** number.

At bars I always tip but usually to keep the price down I'll order 2 drinks at once. Then leave them a dollar for both. Saves time for them and money for me. Plus if you have two drinks with you it's always easy to offer one to someone else.

Bartenders should always get tipped for making drinks. But most of these guys get tipped for simply pouring beer. Not sure i agree with that.

First 123 Last