brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Ok, so let's see here, I have claimed that Islam is a great religion and there is absolutely nothing inheritently weog with Muslims or the religion itself.

And all you clowns come back with is "you lost all credibility" "that's dumb" "your stupid"

I take it none of you all took debate.
    stop saying that, or at least open up a history book so you don't sound stupid. I'm sure you have no idea who this dirt bag is...

Points Awarded:

sourtwist gave brooks85 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

Thunderous gonna get you
    No I really want to know....

I mean I get it that the whole world is tired of all this shit but I just feel that it is wrong for us to judge people based on their religion.
    What about 10% of the muslim population must be extremists? Maybe 20% lets say and based on them we judge an entire religion?

Don't want to go into details but I have been personally affected by those so called extremists who are at war with us and the entire world but yet I don't hold that against the other 80% peace loving muslims.

The other day we were driving with the family and on the highway was a mosque and Mother in law says they should bomb it....
    I was so disgusted by hearing that specially in front of 9 year old...is this what we are going to teach our children and future generations?

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    stop saying that, or at least open up a history book so you don't sound stupid. I'm sure you have no idea who this dirt bag is...

Hmmm, need I post a picture of one of the dozens of catholic priests that molested thousands of little boys?

I guess that means Christianity is also a terrible religion.

It's clear you know little to nothing Islam. Glad you found one example though to make you feel better

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Hmmm, need I post a picture of one of the dozens of catholic priests that molested thousands of little boys?

It's clear you know little to nothing Islam. Glad you found one example though to make you feel better
    lol yeah, that's all I could find.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Quote Originally Posted by thunderous View Post
    I mean I get it that the whole world is tired of all this shit but I just feel that it is wrong for us to judge people based on their religion.
    Shit's been going on since the beginning of time.
    Ain't gonna change.

Remember learning about the Crusades in HS and college?
    That was what? 1000 years ago?
    And the Crusades was some serious shit.

Who were the principals during the first Crusades?
    Let's see, Christians and Islam, and Jerusalem........

Fast forward 925 years, we are right back to where we started.

Ain't going to go away, not now, not never.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    lol yeah, that's all I could find.
    Isn't 14 years whoreshit as well?

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13200

Quote Originally Posted by thunderous View Post
    Really??
    although the temptation to troll you is strong, no not really. I try to judge everyone individually.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

^
    I try not to judge anybody, not my job.
    I have a hard enough time judging myself.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: brainfreeze, and gauchojake

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

give you the benefit

Kraken, you rightly said that calling you names ("stupid" etc.) has nothing to do with debate and is weak.

But ironically you prove that you have no idea about a great many things and then ... do the same thing here! This post is unfathomable. I'm being serious because I care about debate and honesty, and it seemed you did, at least before this post.

So quickly --- Muhammad's activity and example is OK because ... other people do it? So you admit he's a bad example. Interesting, the Quran calls him "uswa hasana" or the "model of conduct", the "great example". It's interesting how many things are proven wrong in just this one foolish statement. Of course, you know that there are vast other ways where he was a terrrible, terrible example.

It seems you know little to nothing about Islam. But seriously, I will hear you out if you can offer a sincere, at least somewhat (attemping to be) cogent apologetic.

Go ahead, my friend, I'm all ears (eyes).
    Points Awarded:

sourtwist gave StackinGreen 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Good posting guys, but the one who says something about the catholic priest, that's a priest, show me where Jesus did this... Jesus is who I follow, not some priest, Jesus is my example, find a fault against Him to quote on, you won't, He never sinned perfect in every way of the word.

Pareto
    Pareto's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 52093

Their religion considers a murderous paedophile as a model of perfect ethical character.

If there were only a few hundred of them we would rightfully label them as a mad cult. But because they are millions they are now a "great religion".

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Pareto View Post
    Their religion considers a murderous paedophile as a model of perfect ethical character.
    Didn't the Christian God wipe out millions - and knock up a virgin without getting her consent?

Not defending ANY religion. The idea that Christians think their religion is not only "the right one" but better, is like bragging that your O.C.D. is better than the guy with A.D.D. or bi-polar.

All grown ups, all believing in an unproven sky fantasy God.

Stunning.
    Points Awarded:

zizoudane10 gave muldoon 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

gauchojake gave muldoon 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Pareto
    Pareto's Avatar SBR PRO

My post was not a defence for other absurd cults.

But as Bill Maher once put it: "Christianity is herpes and Islam is cancer".

Oh....and no...the christian god didnt knock up a virgin. That was all make believe. It never happened.

muldoon

Oh....and no...the christian god didnt knock up a virgin. That was all make believe. It never happened.
    Which parts are true?

Pareto
    Pareto's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    Which parts are true?
    I may have been unclear. English is not my first language. I am not sure what you are asking.

The part about divine intervention in the pregnancy is not true. Its more likely a girl with a bad conscience.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

I'm starting a new religion based on the Cat in the Hat. Who's with me?

muldoon

The part about divine intervention in the pregnancy is not true. Its more likely a girl with a bad conscience.
    Agreed. And if English is your 2nd or 3rd language, you're doing better than a lot of people who type like everything is a ransom note.

My point was that ALL the supernatural stuff (heaven/hell/virgin birth/virgins as a door prize etc) are ALL silly (and at times dangerous) fantasy.

muldoon

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    I'm good with the mandatory hats and not paying taxes. 72 green eggs in heaven if people blow up balloons...well, it's a tradition, so Religious Freedom!

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

I'm good with the mandatory hats and not paying taxes. 72 green eggs in heaven if people blow up balloons...well, it's a tradition, so Religious Freedom!
    Thing 1 and Thing 2 are prophets! Hear the good word my friends!

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Gaucho, I hate cats. Count me out.

muldoon

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    Worship the hat dude. It's a trinity.

The Cat, the Hat, and the "Holy ****, kick the damn field goal and get me the effin over in this game already!!!"

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

haha me too. good news, it's all fiction. There is no cat.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Worship the hat dude. It's a trinity.

The Cat, the Hat, and the "Holy ****, kick the damn field goal and get me the effin over in this game already!!!"
    haha me too. good news, it's all fiction. There is no cat.
    I would agree to worship the hat. Day AND night. But I'm afraid some religious extremists might get after me. I'd say the hat is more important and the cat is more a "myth" or "legend", but the hat is the real deal. And the extremists would shout: "HERETIC!!! Tickle him to death!!"

brainfreeze
    Meaning

The angels implanted a seed in blameless Mary, she was not a sinner, she and Joseph were asked if she would bear the King of Kings, no sin, consent of a grown women, guys need to check up on a Bible before just blurting stuff out, anyways, where did Jesus sin, still nothing a?

muldoon

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    The angels implanted a seed in blameless Mary, she was not a sinner, she and Joseph were asked if she would bear the King of Kings, no sin, consent of a grown women
    Well then there ya go. Done and done. Your sky God must be the right one....

The Siamese (Taiwan), had a God and saviour who was Virgin Born whom they called Codom. In this very ancient story, the beautiful Virgin had been informed in advance that she was to become the mother of a great messenger of God, and one day while in her usual period of meditation and prayer, she was impregnated by divine sun beams. When the boy was born, he grew up in a remarkable manner, became a protégé of wisdom and performed miracles.

When the first Jesuit priest visited china, they wrote in their reports at finding a heathen religion of that country, of a story of a redeeming saviour who was born of a Virgin and divinely conceived. The God was said to have been born 3468 B.C (before Christ), his name was Lao-Tsze and was said to have been born of a virgin black in complexion and as beautiful as a Jasper.

In Egypt, long before the Christian era, and before any of its doctrine was conceived, the Egyptian people had several messengers of God, who were conceived through Immaculate Conception. Horus was known to all of ancient Egypt as having been born of the virgin Isis and his conception and birth was considered one of the three great mysteries or mystical doctrines of the Egyptian religion. To then every incident in connection with the conception and birth of Horus was pictured, sculptured, adored and worshiped as the incidents of the conception and birth of Jesus is among the Christians today. Another Egyptian God called Ra was also conceived by a Virgin.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

I think it was more like Mary realized she was pregnant and thought: "Fukkkkkk, Joseph is going to kill me me!!! Oh no waiiiit.... I got an idea.... Think I can fix this."

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

although the temptation to troll you is strong, no not really. I try to judge everyone individually.
    Appreciate it and I know most times we don't mean what we say or write and it just comes out....
    Most guys here are good peoples and I just hope the world works like this you know a needler here and there but generally everyone gets along

brainfreeze
    Meaning

If we studied history, we would know the Egyptians didn't believe in a sun God, the slaves did, that's what the priest taught them, they believed in false spirits and astrology.

They had no immaculate conception, their was women that conceived nephlim, fallen angels having sex with women, read the bible.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Yes, true.
    Or read Harry Potter and believe in flying brooms and Lord Voldemort.

scumbag
    scumbag's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who cares what these people have to say.

islam is no worse than Christianity. Frankly I think they are both dumb. Not half as dumb as anyone who cares what some Kardashian says.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by scumbag View Post

islam is no worse than Christianity. Frankly I think they are both dumb. Not half as dumb as anyone who cares what some Kardashian says.

So true

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

If I get to see all my pet cats over the years in Cat in the Hat Heaven...im in.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Quote Originally Posted by scumbag View Post

All the same to me. Personally, anything you want me to have faith in but give me no actual proof in it existing, im gonna be skeptical of and think is dumb. Far as I know, you die, that's it, your gone...if your lucky people will throw you a service and stick you in the ground or spread your ashes somewhere. Until one of the billions of people that have died before us come back and tell us otherwise, ill keep it simple and stick with that. Kinda depressing and I would absolutely love to be proven wrong, but that's the way I see it. Not gonna worried about some invisible guy in the sky that's getting upset when I sleep with some random girl or forget to thank him for letting me wake up in the morning. I'm good, gonna try not to waste my time. Might as well believe Dracula is roaming around at night.

Whether it be over imaginary guys in the sky, money, race, nationalities, territories/resources, sexuality, what penetrating team you root for, what music you like...seems like people will always find differences to fight and kill each other over.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    All the same to me. Personally, anything you want me to have faith in but give me no actual proof in it existing, im gonna be skeptical of and think is dumb. Far as I know, you die, that's it, your gone...if your lucky people will throw you a service and stick you in the ground or spread your ashes somewhere. Until one of the billions of people that have died before us come back and tell us otherwise, ill keep it simple and stick with that. Kinda depressing and I would absolutely love to be proven wrong, but that's the way I see it. Not gonna worried about some invisible guy in the sky that's getting upset when I sleep with some random girl or forget to thank him for letting me wake up in the morning. I'm good, gonna try not to waste my time. Might as well believe Dracula is roaming around at night.

Whether it be over imaginary guys in the sky, money, race, nationalities, territories/resources, sexuality, what penetrating team you root for, what music you like...seems like people will always find differences to fight and kill each other over.
    I'm curious, bigtymer, what would be "proof" to you? Trust me, I'm not here to convince anyone of anything but people say this often and I wonder what would be adequate. There are plenty of things out there in life that are amazing and that I'm grateful for.

Also, the italics/bold of your quote I emphasized are really bad teachings, I'm sorry if someone ever tried to tell you that or guilt you, that's not what reality is in this cosmos.

First 1234 Last