smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Do you honestly believe you can fill your staff at their present pay rate with US citizens and legal aliens? If so then you probably have a moral dilemma, if not (and you are paying the minimum wage) I don't see the problem.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

You were awarded this position for one simple reason
    Your Boss the owner has put you in checkmate..
    You already willingly and knew his illegal alien labor scam existed
    so you put your own ass on the line by not only staying there but accepting the promotion..
    Everything you do from now on involving illegals makes you no different than he..

You have 2 options
    Leave quietly with dignity
    or
    Learn from the owner how running a successful service business in the US really works..
    Last edited by PAULYPOKER; 09-25-14 at 11:06 PM.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Why would you tell on them? Just do your job and make sure the guys you manage do a good job....If you are really that uncomfortable just try to find a new job I guess, but telling on people/causing issues with your boss seems like a punk move

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't. But that's just me. I'm not saying this about you but I found that minding my own business was my best course of action. Some people involve themselves in everything and justify it in every possible way. They just love being in the middle of something. I work with numerous people like this.

There's a lot of unknown's here obviously but I would assume the illegals are very grateful for having any job. I would look at it from their perspective and ask yourself, if in their shoes, would you want you to go to the authorities.

Live and let live.

Also, you are certainly not responsible for your companies hiring practices. I also am in a supervisory role and am in no way responsible for the citizenship status of those beneath me. That's a human resource problem.
    Nailed it

Can't stand the people like that....I find that most of the time at work, it's the people that are doing something shady or know they are inadequate that like to get involved and cause issues for others

I like to know what's going on with others at work but just to laugh with other co-workers to make the time pass.....I avoid anything involving the higher ups and "never" see or hear anything

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

BACK IN 81 ;i worked for my uncle building oil rigs in houston. Now being of mexican-puerto rican descent ; I have no problems with anyone that is trying to better themselves. I used to get pissed at him so I would go pull the air horn.( This was used to warn them that I.N.S. was on the property, Those guys would climb 20 -30 ft in the rafters hiding from them. It was funny until my uncle busted my ass.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Dont report anything....EVER

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

People in the USA profit off of them.... They profit off being in the United States to work.....They SHOULD tighten up and grandfather everyone that is here IN....allow them to pay taxes and join the military...Most of them are essentially hardworking honest individuals just looking to improve their familys quality of life...They would love to be legal, work and pay taxes honestly....but it APPEARS the situation your in very normal...just dont say anything and "play dumb"...it seems still be working these days...

SharpBoxing
    SharpBoxing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5521

Dont blame your boss for hiring illegals ,blame the government with all their rules and regulations for making it impossible to stay profitable without illegals.

If your boss didnt hire illegals his businiss would go broke and you would be out of a job

SharpBoxing
    SharpBoxing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5521

BTW immigrants who come to the States to work(illegal or legal) are not the problem. Its the ones who come for a handout or to commit crimes that are the problem

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Quote Originally Posted by SharpBoxing View Post
    BTW immigrants who come to the States to work(illegal or legal) are not the problem. Its the ones who come for a handout or to commit crimes that are the problem
    Can't they both be different problems? Illegal aliens are by definition a problem... hence against the law.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Yeah, the Feds seem hell bent on prosecuting the border crossers themselves, let alone those who help them.

If the Feds found out tomorrow you're more likely to get a tax write-off than a criminal charge.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    You were awarded this position for one simple reason
    Your Boss the owner has put you in checkmate..
    You already willingly and knew his illegal alien labor scam existed
    so you put your own ass on the line by not only staying there but accepting the promotion..
    Everything you do from now on involving illegals makes you no different than he..

You have 2 options
    Leave quietly with dignity
    or
    Learn from the owner how running a successful service business in the US really works..

College educated and worked for the guy eleven years and you can state he was given this job for " one simple reason for the boss to put him in checkmate?" . That's presumptions Even by Internet forum standards.

Like MLdawg said kraken post nailed it

First 12