tsimmns
    tsimmns's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1587

Word Help

Can someone review this CV and tell me if it looks acceptable in your word format? A second set of eyes is always better than one. I know it works because the guy that sent it to met got an interview with Transocean from it, however I changed a few words and wanted to make sure the periods all looked good and all. Only reason he didn't get a job was because his pt test score/heart monitor was not good enough.

Dear HR Manager,

I am submitting this letter to express my strong desire to be considered for the position of an electronic technician. I fully believe I am qualified to fill the position and will make great contributions to the growth of Transocean Offshore Deepwater Drilling Inc.
    A brief review of my career working experience will reveal what I can contribute to Transocean in a positive way:

I have experience operating numerous hand tools and power tools. I am knowledgeable reading schematics, wiring diagrams, and using test equipment to troubleshoot faults. I am accustomed to working outdoors in extreme heat and/or cold. Working as a maintenance/carpenter and as an instrument and flight controls apprentice has given me transferrable skills which will greatly benefit me as I begin a career as an electronic technician.
    I can provide detailed information needed for you to see what positive contributions I could make if given the chance to come in for an interview. At your earliest convenience please contact me at (662)-xxx-xxx, or send me an email me at t@yahoo.com.

Sincerely,

A K S
    Last edited by tsimmns; 09-12-14 at 07:38 PM.