pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by mminkovski View Post
    I've had android and windows phones in the past. Then switched to iPhone and never got back. Samsung phones rarely last over 2 years while my father still uses 3Gs with no issues at all.
    Good for you. At least you tried them all before you decided. What works for you doesn't work well for others. That's what keeps smart phone innovation keep going. No one can claim they have the best phone.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Yea that video brings up some good points... they are processing both side of the transaction in a hardware sense. Ipad for sale and iphone from the buyer. They should be able to get in for a quarter percent or more if they cover some of the theft risk. If what you are saying is true it should cut down on chargebacks in a big way and save the card companies a lot.
    The announcement of Apple's new Apple Pay service marks another big gun — the biggest, probably — entering the mobile payments space. Those expecting Apple to disrupt the tri-opoly of **********, **** and AMX will be sorely disappointed. While tech startups in the mobile payments business talk frequently about replacing the traditional banking and financial services industry, Apple probably sees that as a fight that's simply not worth having.
    Apple has teamed up with all three card issuers, as well as BkofAma, Capital One Bank, Chase, Citi and Wells Fargo — the six major card-issuing banks in the U.S., representing 83% of *********** purchase volume in the country . Their support for Apple Pay suggests the package is likely to be complementary to, rather than in competition with, their business models .

Forrester Research forecasts that the mobile payments market will be worth some $90 billion by 2017. Given the ubiquity of Apple products in the West, it occupies an almost unique position from which to gain market share quickly.
    But why not go it alone? Instead of using credit and debit cards to fuel Apple Pay, why not simply link Apple Pay directly to checking accounts, the way PayPal does? That would be a true disruption of the *********** business.
    Moreover, with some $164.5 billion in cash or cash equivalents on its balance sheet as at the end of June, it has more than enough ready capital to provide the necessary confidence to make a bespoke payment system work.
    One answer is that the shift to mobile payments may be a gradual one. In a survey released by the Federal Reserve in March, only 17% of mobile phone users report that they made a mobile payment in the past 12 months. That's up a meager 2% from 2012.
    At this stage, having the ability to pay using your iPhone might be a nice additional feature but it's unlikely (yet) to be the major selling point. Instead, despite the fanfare, Apple Pay may be more of a transitional stage designed to keep potential mobile competitors out while the company waits for market to build.
    This will have been top-of-mind for Apple executives with China's Alibaba Group preparing for what could be the largest IPO in U.S. history. The firm is reportedly looking to regain a stake in its e-commerce arm Alipay, spun off in 2011, after it processed some $519 billion-worth of payments in 2013.
    Unlike Apple, Alipay has gone toe-to-toe with large Chinese banks over control of payment services. M arket research firm iResearch estimates that Alipay has over 400 million users and is one of the dominant players in mobile payments in China.
    With an established player in the space poised to enter the U.S. market, Apple may have felt that presenting a united front would be advantageous rather than starting a war that could leave the door open to new entrants.
    This may be bad news for retailers in the short term, as they will have to continue paying transaction fees for *********** payments. And for consumers the popularity of the service will rely on convenience rather than cost. But success in a competitive space means picking the right battles, and Apple has clearly decided that it wants to fight with the *********** companies, not against them.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Why debate on a phone Im solar cellular.
    Last edited by jtoler; 09-11-14 at 02:49 PM.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

A lot of people claim... that the Samsung Galaxy s3 was practically the best phone ever made. In regards to... next generation phones. Example... s4 and s5 models. When do people say... there's no need to upgrade??? I love my phone.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    why would you want a Iwatch?

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

Read the battery is about the same as the 5s. Heard good things about the galaxy s5 battery life, also has 16MP camera vs iphones 8mp.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    I will if my 3GS ever craps out...been on since fall 2009, doesn't skip a beat and holds a full charge...I just can't get rid of it!...it's a sickness
    I just caved and pre order 6 128gb.

Im tired of Fidel Cashflows thread crashing my damn browser...

Edit: went with the 6 instead, didn't realize how big the plus is...potential 20% battery life cannot justify 30% weight increase. I'm rocking an otterbox too, the plus would start looking like a tablet.
    Last edited by NrmlCurvSurfr; 09-12-14 at 01:57 PM.

cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2376

Im going to buy the 6 and the plus and the watch
    AND im going to buy an actual apple and hold it in my hand at ALL times

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

I am for sure. Apple is superior to everything else, no comparison.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

I hate my Android (Galaxy Note III) so much that I pre-ordered the iphone 6 plus this morning.

Had an iphone from 2008 till this year.

Never should have left but at least I know now how inferior an Android is.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    so android doesnt have an App Store? android is for serious multi tasking ... before i went to samsung a few months ago, my 3yr old htc evo 4g lte's did more actual computer multi tasking than the new iphone will do... some might say that they are all basically the same these days... but wait till you need to open up a handful of books, a lines service and have your gf mass texting the fukk out of you while you are trying to get some work done... see how fast your shit stalls and crashes

We don't deal with b#%¢© who mass text.

We're not 22 anymore.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post
    I hate my Android (Galaxy Note III) so much that I pre-ordered the iphone 6 plus this morning.

Had an iphone from 2008 till this year.

Never should have left but at least I know now how inferior an Android is.
    I had the same phone. Cheap build quality. Inconsistent ways of navigating it. I lasted about a month with it. The last straw was that people were sending me imessages instead of regular txt messages and of course I wasnt getting them. It should be ilegal for Apple to mix imessage with standard txt but they won.

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

hate going through iTunes to get anything put on my 4S.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by tokio View Post
    hate going through iTunes to get anything put on my 4S.
    It's amazing how slow and confusing itunes is when thinking it was made for apple gear with the slogan- It just works. Its as if they make it hard to use so you just say F it and buy the media through your iphone. hmm

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post
    We don't deal with b#%¢© who mass text.

We're not 22 anymore.
    seriously? every broad i know would rather text their ass off rather than talk... doesnt matter the age... my current gf is 41... but i see your point and wish it were different..waddyado... you should try dating again and you will see...

regardless if its not your thing, the android texting apps with different swype features have been around forever, whereas they are just now going to be available for iphone... a 3rd party swype keyboard is an absolute must.

AimePor
    AimePor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 294

I didn't even buy an old one - JUST BECAUSE I HAVE A SIMPLE PHONE

First 123