eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Did you post that in between Tecmo Bowl games? Those were the good ole days.

Doubt anyone in here will share the reference and nostalgia since most SBR posters are 23 and under....but I remember as a kid with the big ass sat dish in the backyard for TV and playing games on the Tandy computer....thought that was as good as tech would ever get.
    It all went downhill after pong.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    The 6plus is a chicks phone. How the penetrate is that going to fit in my jeans pocket

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    Basically it's an app

Apple is storing cards securely by encrypting the information and storing multiple cards in Passbook. Each card gets a device-only account number, so your actual card number is never stored or shared.
    Because your actual cards number is never stored or shared, you don't have to cancel your cards if your iPhone gets stolen. You can also use Find My iPhone to suspend all payments from a device

Since they do partner with all 3 major cards to do this thing, I'm pretty sure Apple will get some kind of a $$$ kickback from the transaction processing.
    Yea that video brings up some good points... they are processing both side of the transaction in a hardware sense. Ipad for sale and iphone from the buyer. They should be able to get in for a quarter percent or more if they cover some of the theft risk. If what you are saying is true it should cut down on chargebacks in a big way and save the card companies a lot.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Points Awarded:

zizoudane10 gave bigtymer56 4 Betpoint(s) for this post.

6thtime gave bigtymer56 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: eidolon

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Penetrate it, I'm in...next Friday. As soon as its up and running and I verify a DC in the swipe to pay option, I'll be testing it out...report back to this thread and let everyone know if it's a go.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Now that I looked it up I am really impressed.... Apple again manages to sell yesterday's technology for today's price (+50% Apple-fee of course).
    And the Watch? Fukk, if I ever see this thing on anyone I know, I will laugh myself into a coma

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    Just hope is has a cool and easily accessible alarm clock feature. Most important feature to any smartphone.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Just hope is has a cool and easily accessible alarm clock feature. Most important feature to any smartphone.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Iphone users will have this features at 2016. But when android users will have "App Store"? Never..
    Anyone who compares Apple products with other products definetely have no idea about design and esthetics.
    How you can compare it wit sh*tty, cheap android? C'mon..

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    Iphone users will have this features at 2016. But when android users will have "App Store"? Never..
    Anyone who compares Apple products with other products definetely have no idea about design and esthetics.

Basement
    Basement's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2196

I have the 5S and no plans to upgrade. It serves my every need. And the fingerprint scanner is brilliant. That alone makes Apple better. Trust me, once you try that fingerprint you will never look back.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Step your game up, get a big screen samsung android. You'll wonder what you've been doing on that locked down over priced thing

Sawyer

Guys, how you can compare an AMERICAN product with a korean product, let's get real please..

I was a note3 user, will switch to iphone6 plus when it comes out. I like big screen.
    Last edited by Sawyer; 09-10-14 at 02:07 PM.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

so android doesnt have an App Store? android is for serious multi tasking ... before i went to samsung a few months ago, my 3yr old htc evo 4g lte's did more actual computer multi tasking than the new iphone will do... some might say that they are all basically the same these days... but wait till you need to open up a handful of books, a lines service and have your gf mass texting the fukk out of you while you are trying to get some work done... see how fast your shit stalls and crashes

cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2402

Guys, how you can compare an AMERICAN product with a korean product, let's get real please..

I was a note3 user, will switch to iphone6 plus when it comes out. I like big screen.
    haha south korea have the worlds fastest broadband and are miles ahead in terms of technology.
    what a stupid comment.

cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2402

Now that I looked it up I am really impressed.... Apple again manages to sell yesterday's technology for today's price (+50% Apple-fee of course).
    And the Watch? Fukk, if I ever see this thing on anyone I know, I will laugh myself into a coma

Points Awarded:

lilbpack1 gave cashin81 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    why would you want a Iwatch?
    It will monitor your heart rate, JJ. You are very out of shape. You should think of getting one. It may save your life.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Samsung has all the tech but what do they do with it? Apple has all the apps. NFC is great for remote control but if Apple has Apple Pay and all the vendors, android doesn't matter. It's like the best poker room software without the people in it.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

My Nokia Lumia Icon is years ahead of the iphone6. Try to take a picture with the iphone..lol

bigtymer56

Did you post that in between Tecmo Bowl games? Those were the good ole days.

Doubt anyone in here will share the reference and nostalgia since most SBR posters are 23 and under....but I remember as a kid with the big ass sat dish in the backyard for TV and playing games on the Tandy computer....thought that was as good as tech would ever get.
    Haha the impression I got is that most of the guys posting are middle aged.

PS. Tecmo Super Bowl is still the greatest football game ever made.

trendon
    trendon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3681

No, I've already upgraded to Android a while ago.

bigtymer56

Love my LG G2.

We'll see what happens with Apple Pay. Even when I did occasionally happen to see vendors that accepted mobile payments in the past...ended up paying with credit or DC anyway. Paying that way has never been an inconvenience or problem that needed to be fixed for me...so the mobile payments was more of a novelty than anything. I picture it been big at places like Starbucks.
    Last edited by bigtymer56; 09-10-14 at 03:32 PM.

hurricane1091
    hurricane1091's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6469

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Love my LG G2.

We'll see what happens with Apple Pay. Even when I did occasionally happen to see vendors that accepted mobile payments in the past...ended up paying with credit or DC anyway. Paying that way has never been an inconvenience or problem that needed to be fixed for me...so the mobile payments was more of a novelty than anything. I picture it been big at places like Starbucks.
    I have the LG G2 as well. It's actually on it's way back from getting repaired (I have awful luck with phones, luckily always under warranty) but until it had an issue I've been pretty happy. I don't really know anyone with a G2 and definitely no one with a G3 but I'm about to start an internship at a big investment company (IT position, I'm not a rich business/economics graduate) and they are issuing me an iPhone, but I don't think I'll let it replace my G2 unless it gets me out of my phone bill each month. G2 takes nice photos, nice brilliant display that is large, pretty responsive. Best phone I've ever had.

Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    so android doesnt have an App Store? android is for serious multi tasking ... before i went to samsung a few months ago, my 3yr old htc evo 4g lte's did more actual computer multi tasking than the new iphone will do... some might say that they are all basically the same these days... but wait till you need to open up a handful of books, a lines service and have your gf mass texting the fukk out of you while you are trying to get some work done... see how fast your shit stalls and crashes
    Google Play store sucks. App Store is much better.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by cashin81 View Post
    haha south korea have the worlds fastest broadband and are miles ahead in terms of technology.
    what a stupid comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by trendon View Post
    No, I've already upgraded to Android a while ago.

hurricane1091

How to App Store better than Google Play? Same things.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Haha the impression I got is that most of the guys posting are middle aged.

PS. Tecmo Super Bowl is still the greatest football game ever made.
    What was the name of that baseball game from same era...with the little short fat players...was awesome too.

hurricane1091

Extra Innings for SNES?

neme999
    neme999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

iphone plus is nice . I can change my note 3..

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

My question is...why does apple cause so much butthurt to android users? who gaf really? There are arguments for both but it always seems to be the android users that are first to lash out? Does this say something about their general user base or am I just imagining all of this?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Samsung has all the tech but what do they do with it? Apple has all the apps. NFC is great for remote control but if Apple has Apple Pay and all the vendors, android doesn't matter. It's like the best poker room software without the people in it.
    That's ridiculous. There are way more Android users than iphone users. All vendors support both ios and android. If you use another operating system then yeah.
    Points Awarded:

zizoudane10 gave d2bets 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    That's ridiculous. There are way more Android users than iphone users. All vendors support both ios and android. If you use another operating system then yeah.
    The biggest problem with iphone users is that they are brainwashed to think the iphone is the best phone even though they have never tried an Android or a Windows phone before. How can you decide which one is the best if you don't try all and see which one works best for you?

mminkovski
    mminkovski's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17525

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    The biggest problem with iphone users is that they are brainwashed to think the iphone is the best phone even though they have never tried an Android or a Windows phone before. How can you decide which one is the best if you don't try all and see which one works best for you?
    I've had android and windows phones in the past. Then switched to iPhone and never got back. Samsung phones rarely last over 2 years while my father still uses 3Gs with no issues at all.

First 123 Last