Stocks
    Stocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

No threads on the 9 year old girl who killed her instructor with an Uzi?

This is one of the more ridiculous things I've heard in a while. I 100% blame the little girls parents here I mean use some common sense and just fucken get the girl a Barbie or whatever a normal 9 year girls want. I'm guessing her parents are a couple gun nut assholes and they were like even my 9 year could should a fully automatic uzi. Seriously America just use some common sense. If I went to Vegas I would love to go to a shooting range and shot some cool ass guns but I'm a 200 pound grow man not a little 9 year old girl.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

theres a huge one in PT

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Quote Originally Posted by Stocks View Post
    This is one of the more ridiculous things I've heard in a while. I 100% blame the little girls parents here I mean use some common sense and just fucken get the girl a Barbie or whatever a normal 9 year girls want. I'm guessing her parents are a couple gun nut assholes and they were like even my 9 year could should a fully automatic uzi. Seriously America just use some common sense. If I went to Vegas I would love to go to a shooting range and shot some cool ass guns but I'm a 200 pound grow man not a little 9 year old girl.
    Blame the instructor and the range...who lets a kid (or any novice for that matter regardless of age) fire just a couple of shots before graduating her to full auto, disregarding some key safety practices along the way? The military trains adults with more caution than this range reportedly showed, and unfortunately he set himself up for a fatal accident.

Stocks
    Stocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    Blame the instructor and the range...who lets a kid (or any novice for that matter regardless of age) fire just a couple of shots before graduating her to full auto, disregarding some key safety practices along the way? The military trains adults with more caution than this range reportedly showed, and unfortunately he set himself up for a fatal accident.
    I agree the instructor should get some blame but it's still 99% the parents fault. Kids aren't aloud to do a lot of stuff like get on co-carts or a roller coasters or you can't even drink if your under 21 in the states but somehow in American culture this is defendable. I'm Canadian I grew up around hunting and guns but I never got to shoot an uzi although my dad and brother did one day they went to the shooting range without me and the RCMP had an uzi type sub machine gun there and they got to shoot it. My dad said it was hard for him to control so I can only imagine what it would be like for a 9 year girl. Anyway just use some common sense people and put a 13 year old age restriction on shooting ranges and even then go easy on the machine guns until they have a lot of experience with guns.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

anyone else seen the video ?

the recoil throws the gun right over her head str8 to the instructor

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Quote Originally Posted by Stocks View Post
    I agree the instructor should get some blame but it's still 99% the parents fault. Kids aren't aloud to do a lot of stuff like get on co-carts or a roller coasters or you can't even drink if your under 21 in the states but somehow in American culture this is defendable. I'm Canadian I grew up around hunting and guns but I never got to shoot an uzi although my dad and brother did one day they went to the shooting range without me and the RCMP had an uzi type sub machine gun there and they got to shoot it. My dad said it was hard for him to control so I can only imagine what it would be like for a 9 year girl. Anyway just use some common sense people and put a 13 year old age restriction on shooting ranges and even then go easy on the machine guns until they have a lot of experience with guns.
    Experience is the key...as long as you're not dumb enough to start them on automatic weapons, nothing wrong with working their way up to them. Wide variety of automatic weapons, and an uzi isn't all that bad....saying a 9 year cant handle one isn't necessarily true. The parents have some responsibility for sure, no idea on the background...but it's not uncommon or unreasonable to take a supposedly expert opinion from the range/instructor. Training looks to have been almost non-existent, which is main cause of accident.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Saw the video this morning just absolutely ridiculous. Blame all around to any adult present when this happened or signed off on it. Not a gun person myself but not against them either. This is not a gun issue tho it's common sense you don't put a fukkin Uzi in a kids hands. Stupid , stupid stupid!

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Everyone there probably thought that it would be cute having a tiny little girl shooting a fully automatic weapon. Not so cute now.

The "instructor" should have had his hands on it when she fired it in auto-mode for the first time. Bad decisions all around.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    I thought only sports related stories were allowed in PT?

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I thought only sports related stories were allowed in PT?
    Shooting is a sport.

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

hand her a Uzi squirt gun......doubt she would know the difference
    Points Awarded:

redking gave innovation 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Shooting is a sport.
    Yeah, I suppose.

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

Terrible... I can't imagine why the instructor switched it from single shot to automatic for a nine-year-old.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Too many ppl are getting their heads blown or cut off this past few weeks
    Mike brown
    James foley
    Charles Vacca

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

And they say we're only human?

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Only terrible for the kid. All adults involved are/were just major assholes.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24890

This is just Darwinism working it's magic. The average person understands that giving a nine year old girl an uzi is a premise for a bad ending. The instructor clearly did not, and was eliminated from the gene pool.

What I found most fascinating about this case, and somewhat puzzling as to why it didn't make more waves in the press, is that after the hellacious rapid fire carnage, this little girl reportedly snarled "Keep the change, ya filthy animal" and calmly lit a cigarette.

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

Family of instructor (not surprising) file wrongful death lawsuit against gun range owners

bullets and burgers