BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Social Security Disabilty...

Not sure why anyone would want to be on it unless they have to. Max is $2600 a month; min is around $700

Know a few guys through the program who are on it. I don't see how people sit around all day and not work; strike that I do. Just look at SBR.

Sad story. My older brother's friend graduated from MIT and was a trader in NYC. Complex trades. Few years ago he had a psychotic episode and quit the industry. Tried going back and lost about $500,000 of his own money. Applied for SS disability and was denied. Dude made like $500,000 a year for 15 years and is not eligible for $2600 a month.

These entitlement programs needs to be re-examined.

BatemanPatrickl

Know a guy that gets $2100 a month and complains about how 50% of it goes to child support. Also watches FOX news and whines about Democrats

BatemanPatrickl

TonyTall/KingKolzig collects for his so called mental disability.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BatemanPatrickl View Post
    Know a guy that gets $2100 a month and complains about how 50% of it goes to child support. Also watches FOX news and whines about Democrats
    probably crys about people being on welfare too i bet while getting SSI for some bullshit "disability" but its all good 60 mins did a special on how easy it is to get on SSI disability people are using it to extend Unemployment when that runs out. theres a lot of people getting SSI more than should its on youtube interesting watch Bender& Bender getting people over.

BatemanPatrickl

It is not easy to get. Takes two years or more. Most people are denied at first. Like I said, I don't see why one would want to be on it.

teaserpleaser

i forget the number but it was crazy high....same reason people stay on unemployment they don't want to work. not going to lie i was on unemployment top scale which is only 450 a week but if you have money saved and a side hustle its pretty awesome doing what you want when you want especially after working 16 hour days 6 days a week.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

I would love the extra $2600 a month. If someone figures out a solid illness to have to obtain please advise.

BatemanPatrickl

Teaser what do you do? 16 hours a day

BatemanPatrickl

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    I would love the extra $2600 a month. If someone figures out a solid illness to have to obtain please advise.
    Anything mental. Say you hear voices.

teaserpleaser

Teaser what do you do? 16 hours a day
    i was a oil field truck driver so i'd be on stand by most of the time if the rig pusher needs any kind of fluid or for me to pull cement i drove a vac truck so i'd go pull it and dump it was a kushy gig i was sleep most of the time probably why they laid me off best thing to ever happen to me wifey knew i was miserable let me aka paid most of the bills and let me get back into growing cannabis again this time full time I don't have to be a slave anymore....because that's basically what oil field work is well paid slavery 16 hours a day 5-6 days a week you make a ton of cash but that off day is sleep no life hope i don't have to do that shit again.

smokenjoke
    smokenjoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 427

500,000 a year!!! for 15 years!!! and he's panning out for 2600¿¿¿ #unfcknreal

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    i forget the number but it was crazy high....same reason people stay on unemployment they don't want to work. not going to lie i was on unemployment top scale which is only 450 a week but if you have money saved and a side hustle its pretty awesome doing what you want when you want especially after working 16 hour days 6 days a week.
    it only 415 max here, I'm on it at moment, only get 356, I've actually had quite a few over phone interviews from HR people contacting me from places I've applied. And some of those led to real face to face ones. unfortunately nothing has panned out. the last one I thought I had it for sure, but they passed.
    I want to work, n I like ot , I like stayin busy, keeps my mind off my health problems, n less time to drink.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Not sure why anyone would want to be on it unless they have to. Max is $2600 a month; min is around $700

Know a few guys through the program who are on it. I don't see how people sit around all day and not work; strike that I do. Just look at SBR.

Sad story. My older brother's friend graduated from MIT and was a trader in NYC. Complex trades. Few years ago he had a psychotic episode and quit the industry. Tried going back and lost about $500,000 of his own money. Applied for SS disability and was denied. Dude made like $500,000 a year for 15 years and is not eligible for $2600 a month.

These entitlement programs needs to be re-examined.
    How does a guy like that not have his own disability insurance?

That's a pretty common feature of any standard employment contract at that level of compensation.

BatemanPatrickl

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    How does a guy like that not have his own disability insurance?

That's a pretty common feature of any standard employment contract at that level of compensation.
    Not sure but I think a lot of his pay was commission based and LTD or STD pays 60% of your salary so if you don't have one you may not get much.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by louisvillekid View Post
    it only 415 max here, I'm on it at moment, only get 356, I've actually had quite a few over phone interviews from HR people contacting me from places I've applied. And some of those led to real face to face ones. unfortunately nothing has panned out. the last one I thought I had it for sure, but they passed.
    I want to work, n I like ot , I like stayin busy, keeps my mind off my health problems, n less time to drink.
    I wasn't talking about all edders not wanting to work so no disrespect meant but the ones I met where like me looking for another field of work or just going on vacation but I'm in so cal we are somewhat selfish...best thing I ever did was take the risk to work for myself reduces a lot of stress....I think more people should try be their own boss it's very rewarding if you fail can always go back to working for the man. Keep busy working for yourself if you can luckily I had some dough saved so most of that 450 went to etc etc getting me started. Good luck in the job search if you don't mind moving texas had like a 3% unemployment rate west texas anyways in other words if you want a job they have them.
    Last edited by teaserpleaser; 08-20-14 at 08:41 AM.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

I fukked up my icebucket challenge.

Will now require disability.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

I wasn't talking about all edders not wanting to work so no disrespect meant but the ones I met where like me looking for another field of work or just going on vacation but I'm in so cal we are somewhat selfish...best thing I ever did was take the risk to work for myself reduces a lot of stress....I think more people should try be their own boss it's very rewarding if you fail can always go back to working for the man. Keep busy working for yourself if you can luckily I had some dough saved so most of that 450 went to etc etc getting me started. Good luck in the job search if you don't mind moving texas had like a 3% unemployment rate west texas anyways in other words if you want a job they have them.
    I hear ya. After 40 years of work and all used up, I got the ax. No one wants to hire a mid 50's used up piece of shit.
    Saw the writing on the wall way before it happened and saved like crazy.

I'm multi talented and settled on a talent I could make money at on my own. Small engine repair. Advertise on Craigslist. Not killing it, but head is above water.

As you said, the freedom , less stress, 100% money goes in your pocket and work when you want is the shit.
    Should've done it sooner.

GL in your endeavors.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    I hear ya. After 40 years of work and all used up, I got the ax. No one wants to hire a mid 50's used up piece of shit.
    Saw the writing on the wall way before it happened and saved like crazy.

I'm multi talented and settled on a talent I could make money at on my own. Small engine repair. Advertise on Craigslist. Not killing it, but head is above water.

As you said, the freedom , less stress, 100% money goes in your pocket and work when you want is the shit.
    Should've done it sooner.

GL in your endeavors.
    you too Kelly I'm always pumped when people find a way to work for themselves it's painful at first but rewarding. I was getting gray hair in early 30s and fat I seriously think I was dying dealing with the stress and lack of sleep of a 16 hour work day then time with the old lady that doesn't leave much sleep time. Seems more and more people are going the entrepreneur route.

BatemanPatrickl

you too Kelly I'm always pumped when people find a way to work for themselves it's painful at first but rewarding. I was getting gray hair in early 30s and fat I seriously think I was dying dealing with the stress and lack of sleep of a 16 hour work day then time with the old lady that doesn't leave much sleep time. Seems more and more people are going the entrepreneur route.
    Everyone I know that is wealthy owns their own businesses. One guy is worth $15 million; his company makes plastic parts. Another guy owns a garage door company. Trucking.

tsimmns
    tsimmns's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1587

Teaser just what kind of cash were you making driving that truck if you don't mind me asking

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by tsimmns View Post
    Teaser just what kind of cash were you making driving that truck if you don't mind me asking
    i hear truck drivers in Iraq make over 100K but its risky gotta stay strapped and hope u dont get run over an explosive.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    i hear truck drivers in Iraq make over 100K but its risky gotta stay strapped and hope u dont get run over an explosive.
    You should do it.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1646

How did he not have any savings after making that much after 15 years? I'd have a couple mill at least

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by tsimmns View Post
    $25 bucks an hour

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    I made 80+ after taxes driving in long beach ....if I went overseas it would be Qatar I have some buddies over there making big time money hauling.

BatemanPatrickl

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    How did he not have any savings after making that much after 15 years? I'd have a couple mill at least
    He lived a nice life in NYC. Hard to save cash in that city.

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

Before they changed all the eligibility requirements knew this chick in Wilmington Del who got the max because she was a junkie and could not function in the "real world" unless she was high