itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

2 weeks til the new 'black box in all cars' law kicks in. For or Against it?

Govt mandated black boxes in all new automobiles and light trucks starting Sept 2014. 90% of 2013 models already have it and 100% from here out will be installed with them. The explanation is a new way to monitor how people react in a crash in order to create a database for the govt to make roads safer for people...I call B.S. and say it needs to be an opt in/opt out deal, not forced.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Of course its bs, where are the black boxes from the planes that went down on 9/11. When I hear those then I'll let a black box in my vehicle.
    Last edited by jtoler; 08-13-14 at 02:49 PM.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

More government control. They will absolutely be able to monitor all kinds of shit.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

They won't be hard to disable or circumvent. Just give it a year or so, youtube will be filled with how-to's.

However, there is no doubt it is just one more inch of control while the masses remain oblivious.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14296

If it helps sure.

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5566

I'm not adverse to this as I dont believe every single government regulation reeks of Big Brother. However I am against the nanny state that many liberals support. Pick your battles wisely. But here's an interesting theoretical scenario. What if breathalyzers became mandated in all cars in order to start them? Keeps drunks off the road sure but it would expose the hypocrisy of a .08 being the true legal limit. Bar and restaurant lobbying groups would be marching on Capitol Hill.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    If it helps sure.
    I think they are installing these to help determine things that happen during crashes(speed, etc) and not so much to spy on drivers.

Most new cars have GPS built into them, if they wanted, they could nail everyone who speeds without ever pulling them over.

Kermit

This reminds me of an incident that happened a few years back. There was a guy driving a Pontiac Trans Am through a neighborhood and he hit 2 girls backing out of their driveway. They never seen him coming. This Car just happened to have a black box in it that was being installed randomly into vehicles.

The 2 girls were killed when the driver of the T/A plowed into them at 125 M.P.H. according to the black box. The speed limit was 25.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Govt mandated black boxes in all new automobiles and light trucks starting Sept 2014. 90% of 2013 models already have it and 100% from here out will be installed with them. The explanation is a new way to monitor how people react in a crash in order to create a database for the govt to make roads safer for people...I call B.S. and say it needs to be an opt in/opt out deal, not forced.

I think they should put chips in people's heads to see how they react to crossing the streets. It'll save thousands of lives.

The government is out of control. I agree it should be optional.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: I/O

Kermit

It was also approved that all cars have backup camera/alert systems installed in all new cars.

Kermit

You want to hear something really fukked up? My wife just bought a new car that will email her(I think it might text too) if I speed while driving it.

I shit you not.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I think they are installing these to help determine things that happen during crashes(speed, etc) and not so much to spy on drivers.

Most new cars have GPS built into them, if they wanted, they could nail everyone who speeds without ever pulling them over.
    Nah theyre just prodding, its part of their conditioning, they will continue doing things like this so when the bigger stuff they want to do is brought forth there wont be as much kicking and screaming. They want the citizens to start getting used to stuff like this.

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5566

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Nah theyre just prodding, its part of their conditioning, they will continue doing things like this so when the bigger stuff they want to do is brought forth there wont be as much kicking and screaming. They want the citizens to start getting used to stuff like this.
    Possibly.....but I think there'll be pushback if they try anything extraordinary. Most wont even know of this latest mandate as I it affects no one directly.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    I don't know. I think they could already be doing this through GPS. They were putting black boxes in random cars years ago and no one ever knew it.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

You want to hear something really fukked up? My wife just bought a new car that will email her(I think it might text too) if I speed while driving it.

I shit you not.
    What about your cheating?

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    What about your cheating?
    It will also send her emails if the car is out after a certain time.

I guess that it is some kind of system for parents who let their kids drive their car to make sure they are acting right.

jtoler

Make roads safer lol, I would have came up with something better to tell the people.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

For all you who think this is no big deal and are doing some kind of "silver lining" crap

#1 It's just ANOTHER complicated component that's very possible to break or need replacement. Guess who pays for that??

#2 Because cars are far more efficient, sooner or later they will have to change things (because of the tree huggers) from taxing each gallon of gas to taxing each mile. How do you think they are gonna do that?? City miles not the same as highway miles? Not to mention vehicle weight. Or those driving in windy stretches more often than others. Or those driving uphill more often. Or those much fatter than the rest of the population. Not to mention their fat ass family. And I GUARANTEE YOU it's gonna cost more than the taxes you are paying now.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

It will also send her emails if the car is out after a certain time.

I guess that it is some kind of system for parents who let their kids drive their car to make sure they are acting right.
    Yea newer vehicles you can check the oil/gas levels from your phone in the house...also the good ole remote start/lock....I've seen wives shut down husbands truck at the bar from his house so she could drive there and catch him out.

As far as the tracking, as if we didn't already know our phones know everything, Google Maps Locations tracker on phone can actually draw a map of where you've been in the past month day by day, location by location. Getting ridiculous these days.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    For all you who think this is no big deal and are doing some kind of "silver lining" crap

#1 It's just ANOTHER complicated component that's very possible to break or need replacement. Guess who pays for that??

#2 Because cars are far more efficient, sooner or later they will have to change things (because of the tree huggers) from taxing each gallon of gas to taxing each mile. How do you think they are gonna do that?? City miles not the same as highway miles? Not to mention vehicle weight. Or those driving in windy stretches more often than others. Or those driving uphill more often. Or those much fatter than the rest of the population. Not to mention their fat ass family. And I GUARANTEE YOU it's gonna cost more than the taxes you are paying now.
    Already in motion, California has been trying to pass it because the move to more fuel efficient and electric cars meant less cars on road, which meant less tax revenue from gas tax so they started adding in a 'charge' on them and asking for the per mile usage.