Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

How Many Posters Believe Children Should Be Spanked By Their Parents?

Yes or no? Why? To what degree and what age? I was spanked and belted as a kid

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Of course kids should be spanked. Not beaten, but spanked.

Seaweed
    Update your status

What do you consider spanked? And how hard? In public? Till what age? I asked this cause i saw a parent spank a 5 year old in public and nobody flinched. This happened in Germany

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

My mom used to beat the Hell out of me when I was a kid when I was fukking up. She had a draw full of broken kitchen utensils that got used on me. One time I came home drunk when I was 16(might have been 15) and she hit me with a gallon of milk.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Kermit, you just described what could potentially be a very traumatizing memory for you. However, I would appreciate it if you could answer the question as well. Thank you.

Seaweed

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    Kermit, you just described what could potentially be a very traumatizing memory for you. However, I would appreciate it if you could answer the question as well. Thank you.

Seaweed
    Well the beatings that I got when I was younger I deserved. It wasn't like my mom just beat me for no reason. I used to laugh about with my friends(sometimes they were there when it happened).

I think kids getting beat(or spanked) has a positive result for certain kids. But kids that are fukked in the head to begin with, maybe not so much.

Seaweed
    Update your status

I agree. I think kids are too spoiled these days. Every kid needs to be spanked to be taugh respect for elders, and that there are consequences when you do something.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

nobody ever did shit to me cause i didn't do dumb shit

Kermit

Well one thing is for sure, when I was a kid (Mid 70's through the 80's into early 90's) I had never heard of parents giving kids drugs to calm their kids down because they were crazy. We just called them hyperactive and they eventually grew out of it.

OptimistPrime
    OptimistPrime's Avatar Become A Pro!

Of course not, it has been shown to cause long term effects. There are much better methods to teach your children then using violence as a means of punishment.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by OptimistPrime View Post
    Of course not, it has been shown to cause long term effects. There are much better methods to teach your children then using violence as a means of punishment.
    I think the beatings that I received made me a better person, but I certainly can't say that it is good for everyone.

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

Once heard a person object to spankings. This same person is also pro choice.

So it's okay to murder a child, just not to spank one.

F-ing people are so stupid

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14043

Good point Cap

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

I believe kids need discipline and rules. You establish rules and consequences for breaking the rules. Doesn't always need to be physical punishment (spanking) but a system of order is good for kids.

I think spanking in public is bad parenting. Basically you are trying to humiliate your child.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

It's tough because some adults are abusive or unfit to make decisions when to do it

However what's scary is if there is no physical punishment then it boils down to the parents trying to persuade their children to act a certain way vs. the mass media and in most cases public school peer pressure

Would be tough for parents to win that these days

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5362

I vaguely recall a spanking followed by a nursing session on my mothers bosom. My wife eventually put a stop to it.

Dilo
    Big bets win big money
    Dilo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 953

If the beatings didn't make you stronger, then you were born to be a bitch.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8819

Heard a women over the weekend, tell a kid she was going to hit him so hard his daddy was going to feel it.

Personally I can only remember getting spanked 2 or 3 times... the threat was more than enough for me to stop getting caught when I did stupid shit.

actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16575

Stupid parents hit children. Smart parents negotiate and prepare for potential conflicts ahead of time

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Spanking your kids training them to repress their behaviors rather than release them in a healthy productive way through competition

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    My mom used to beat the Hell out of me when I was a kid when I was fukking up. She had a draw full of broken kitchen utensils that got used on me. One time I came home drunk when I was 16(might have been 15) and she hit me with a gallon of milk.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10542

Took the belt to my 3 boys at the same time for disrespecting their mother. Gave them each 3 whacks. Only had to do it one time.

They are in their 30's now and are model citizens.

I was beat with a belt on my bare ass when growing up. Sometimes I had no idea what I did wrong.