Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I think the term "retard" has taken on a whole new meaning and doesn't really pertain to mentally challenged individuals, much like how calling people the dreaded "F-word" doesn't have anything to do with their sexual preferences. Times are a changin'.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I think the term "retard" has taken on a whole new meaning and doesn't really pertain to mentally challenged individuals, much like how calling people the dreaded "F-word" doesn't have anything to do with their sexual preferences. Times are a changin'.
    In the context that "teaserpleaser" used it, he meant it towards someone with a real mental disability.
    I have no problem calling someone who is acting dumb or being dumb "retarded", but if the person is truly disabled then its a nasty word.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    In the context that "teaserpleaser" used it, he meant it towards someone with a real mental disability.
    I have no problem calling someone who is acting dumb or being dumb "retarded", but if the person is truly disabled then its a nasty word.
    I agree.

First 12