Nitrogen
    Chasing
    Nitrogen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 401

Quote Originally Posted by bonzaii View Post
    God is our creator and he has a plan for this world. He set this world up not so you or me can make sense of it all but so that he can make the best world possible in his mind not ours. Now best doesnt mean easiest, or most wonderful, but just means the best in his mind.
    Do you know how great eternal life in heaven is? It's the greatest existence ever. God is not a cruel entity. If you love his son and ask for forgiveness for your sins he will love you as well.
    So it's not up to us to understand. But for sure, you know how great eternal life will be, and you also know Gold isn't a cruel entity. But it's not for us to understand.

But if I don't accept him and his son, whooo-nelly, eternity is going to suck.

Omnipotent but also insecure.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

God is our master. He makes the rules. Now what happens to you down on earth if you don't follow the rules by the government? You are punished. What do you think is going to happen when God who is much greater than any government sees you not following his rules?

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

God knows and sees everything.
    If God created everything, knows everything, and has a magical plan....why do people pray?

Like, you're basically asking God to alter his plan. Isn't that admitting his plan wasn't perfect? Doesn't it contradict scripture that says he is infallible? Why would you Pray to a God when he apparently already knows everything. Seems kind of counterintuitive.

Your bible says this in Deuteronomy. Is this your idea of a perfect plan?

"If however this accusation is true and no proof of the young woman's virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father's house and there the men of her city will stone her to death."

Do you live by this?

Last edited by BigDofBA; 02-22-21 at 01:40 PM.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrogen View Post
    So it's not up to us to understand. But for sure, you know how great eternal life will be, and you also know Gold isn't a cruel entity. But it's not for us to understand.

But if I don't accept him and his son, whooo-nelly, eternity is going to suck.

Omnipotent but also insecure.

Atheists: "Paying 50%+ taxes. No problem!"

Atheists: "Acknowledging the existence of God / Son of God. Too much to ask! How can anyone be so "egotistical" as to ask such a thing!"

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    If God created everything, knows everything, and has a magical plan....why do people pray?

Like, you're basically asking God to alter his plan. Isn't that admitting his plan wasn't perfect? Doesn't it contradict scripture that says he is infallible? Why would you Pray to a God when he apparently already knows everything. Seems kind of counterintuitive.

Your bible says this in Deuteronomy. Is this your idea of a perfect plan?

"If however this accusation is true and no proof of the young woman's virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father's house and there the men of her city will stone her to death."

Do you live by this?

People pray to worship God. God wants you to worship him so he knows that you belong to him.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

We Christians preach forgiveness since the days of Jesus Christ. Stoning isn't the way of the New Testament.
    Last edited by bonzaii; 02-22-21 at 01:54 PM.

Sanity Check

People are created in God's image.

Praying to God is praying to a better version of yourself.

So that you can become better.

It can be phrased better than this.

All I got atm.

Sanity Check

Don’t try to understand God because you won’t be able to make sense.

Imagine "christians" thinking God opposes curiosity, research or exploration btw.

God gave you a brain. But didn't want you to use it?

How is that supposed to "work".

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Brainfreeze, your testimony is one I've encountered more than a few times over the years and one I'm intimately familiar with.

First and foremost, congrats on cleaning up your life.

However, being honest here, I'm very skeptical when I hear stories like that. What I hear is you chose the alternative to jail. And then found a new life and became addicted to it, much like you were addicted to weed prior.

Its very common for addicts to convert to Christianity and become "fanaticals". It's in their DNA, addictive personality.

like yourself, I used to get in a lot of trouble. Did a lot of drugs. Found God in high school. I went all out, got clean, read the bible religiously, went to three different bible studies a week.

then one day I thought "Kraken you gotta be honest with yourself here. Do you REALLY, truely believe in God? Is there proof that you believe? Is this the path you want to stay on?"

I contemplated the questions and my answers for some time and one day, I was finally able to be honest with myself, I did not believe in God.

Now that I've been out of church for 10 years I can look back at that time objectively and analyze it. And I realize for me if something is worth doing, it's worth becoming addicted to. That's my genetic makeup. It's my greatest strength and weakness.

What I learned from it all, my take away lesson, is to always always always be honest with yourself. Brutally honest.
    You were duped by Satan after God rescued you from your drug issues. My guess is you are back on the drugs and don't read the bible anymore. It's not too late. Quit the drugs and find God again by reading his gospel.
    Last edited by bonzaii; 02-28-21 at 11:13 PM.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Except Satan doesn't exist. Simply life. That's it my man, from dust to dust
    I know for a fact he does exist and he tries to ruin the lives of many.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post

Atheists: "Paying 50%+ taxes. No problem!"

Atheists: "Acknowledging the existence of God / Son of God. Too much to ask! How can anyone be so "egotistical" as to ask such a thing!"
    Atheists lack the holy spirit so they can't accept God because they don't have God inside them.

Nitrogen
    Chasing

We Christians preach forgiveness since the days of Jesus Christ. Stoning isn't the way of the New Testament.
    What a cop-out. Either the books of the bible are the word of God - or they aren't. Zealots love to quote the old Testament books when they want to justify bigotry (Leviticus), yet when have something like BigDofBa cites a very specific abhorrent verse, default back to the softer parts of the New Testament so as not to appear to be entirely evil.

Nitrogen
    Chasing

Atheists lack the holy spirit so they can't accept God because they don't have God inside them.
    You make it sound like it's a design flaw within Atheists.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I know for a fact he does exist and he tries to ruin the lives of many.
    F u c k Satan & f u c k God I don’t need any of them. God is very far away from me & can’t hear me & has allowed my faithful Christian family to separate with Satans work. Send me somewhere else when I die, I don’t want to be in Heaven or Hell, reincarnate my fuckin’ ass & let these two old friends battle it out without me in the end if they do even exist. I don’t fuckin’ care anymore and I don’t wanna believe anymore & I’m tired of relying on faith it’s bullshit.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

What a cop-out. Either the books of the bible are the word of God - or they aren't. Zealots love to quote the old Testament books when they want to justify bigotry (Leviticus), yet when have something like BigDofBa cites a very specific abhorrent verse, default back to the softer parts of the New Testament so as not to appear to be entirely evil.
    There is a reason why one book is called the Old Testament and another is called the New Testament. God wanted punishment to be handed down the way it was during those times and wants sinning to be handled another way during this current time.

Do you not know the story of Jesus forgiving the women who committed adultery and the Pharisees wanted to stone her but none of them did since they were all sinners as well?

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

You make it sound like it's a design flaw within Atheists.
    God can change you from within. He can make an atheist believe in him if he wants by adding more of himself into that person. That will only happen through good works and the repentance of sin. My guess is since you keep questioning the existence of God along with sinning without repentance is the reason why you lack believe.

Sanity Check

It all comes down to choices.

There are some who legit want to know if God is real.

Others would -prefer- not to know.

The same applies to politics, science, finance, etc.

Some want truth, others don't. Its too terrifying.

I used to get mad at people for wanting to discuss topics like healthcare, without bothering to figure out what the real problems are, or how things like healthcare are broken. I used to think they were the weak links who were responsible for negatives in society.

But I guess what is demanded of me (if I want to be a christian) is that I respect their choice, respect them as a person, even if I don't agree with their decision to prefer not knowing things over being educated.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 03-01-21 at 09:29 PM.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

It all comes down to choices.

There are some who legit want to know if God is real.

Others would -prefer- not to know.

The same applies to politics, science, finance, etc.

Some want truth, others don't. Its too terrifying.

I used to get mad at people for wanting to discuss topics like healthcare, without bothering to figure out what the real problems are, or how things like healthcare are broken. I used to think they were the weak links who were responsible for negatives in society.

But I guess what is demanded of me (if I want to be a christian) is that I respect their choice, respect them as a person, even if I don't agree with their decision to prefer not knowing things over being educated.
    You have to have faith in order to believe.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    F u c k Satan & f u c k God I don’t need any of them. God is very far away from me & can’t hear me& has allowed my faithful Christian family to separate with Satans work. Send me somewhere else when I die, I don’t want to be in Heaven or Hell, reincarnate my fuckin’ ass & let these two old friends battle it out without me in the end if they do even exist. I don’t fuckin’ care anymore and I don’t wanna believe anymore & I’m tired of relying on faith it’s bullshit.
    Ye of little faith ... that is an option, Gods covenant stands. If you follow the commandments which is the decent thing to do and don’t believe Jesus died for your sins, then yes, “ they will battle it out for you “. I’m sure your accuser will have plenty to bring up. This is a covenant to the Jews first but maybe for gentile as well. Idk.. if you don’t make it, I don’t think there will be any “ reincarnation/ start over button “ .. stop the whining, He lives... Pray, be blessed...

and yes, I’m still here reading from time to time .. but profitable and also unfruitful discussion continues and I’ve had enough of the unfruitful.. bees don’t argue with flies, transform yourself, honeys good

brainfreeze
    Meaning

You have to have faith in order to believe.
    Faith produces confirmations, conformations produces hope, hope will produce joy!! All hail KING OF KINGS!!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bonzaii

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Imagine "christians" thinking God opposes curiosity, research or exploration btw.

God gave you a brain. But didn't want you to use it?

How is that supposed to "work".
    It’s good to learn, it’s not good to create your own doctrine and dogmas from what you’ve learned.. and that’s what most scientist do, they follow what their mentors tell them probably for different reasons, and then bark it to the rest of the world as if it’s truth, and it’s not.. I’ve shown Tesla has quotes about scripture, so does the guy that invented the mri machine .. don’t be confounded by your own mind, Gods much bigger ...

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Repent... claim Jesus as your Savior, walk in the newness, be baptized ... Y’all have a great day. Praying for y’all ..

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

God Is Good.

BeatTheJerk

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    God Is Good.
    All the time as Black people suggest. I call bullshit though. God allows old generational sin to be passed down to new generation & those innocent people suffer. That’s not “good” that fuckin’ sucks actually. I got questions for him during my judgement it won’t just be one sided as God will ask me what I did for him during my life tenure.
    Last edited by BeatTheJerk; 03-09-21 at 09:04 PM.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    All the time as Black people suggest. I call bullshit though. God allows old generational sin to be passed down to new generation & those innocent people suffer. That’s not “good” that fuckin’ sucks actually. I got questions for him during my judgement it won’t just be one sided as will ask me what I did for him during my life tenure.
    Now a black folk comment... dude, get yourself together, no one wants to hear it... you act like you never wanted to be born or something. Everyone comes up in some kind of problem and if they didn’t, it’s a problem in itself if they didn’t give back their time and energy to the less fortunate to keep them grounded. It’s not about “ what you did for Him “. It’s about what you did for you! He wants the best life for you, He loves you! we are the ones that make terrible decisions.. go check out a church man, a pastor, therapy.. you’re existing not living. People are happy around you, but not you... be healed.

BeatTheJerk

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    Now a black folk comment... dude, get yourself together, no one wants to hear it... you act like you never wanted to be born or something. Everyone comes up in some kind of problem and if they didn’t, it’s a problem in itself if they didn’t give back their time and energy to the less fortunate to keep them grounded. It’s not about “ what you did for Him “. It’s about what you did for you! He wants the best life for you, He loves you! we are the ones that make terrible decisions.. go check out a church man, a pastor, therapy.. you’re existing not living. People are happy around you, but not you... be healed.
    I won’t comment in here anymore. I’ve said all that I wanted to say regarding God. My relationship with him is basically non-existent for the time being. People go through many different phases in life & this is how it’s gonna be for now.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Just want to magnify on this a bit because it’s important. What you do for you that is good, that’s what God wants for you BUT we should be doing it for Him. He gave us life, and ability!! Blessings! Goes back to the Cain and Abel story... Abels sacrifices were acceptable to God because he knew that God gave him that ability, Cain on the other hand said LOOK AT ME and what Iiiiiiii do for you God... and Cain kills Abel out of jealousy and no understanding... smh stop! our righteousness is filthy rags to Him. We should be appreciative to have the opportunity. Appreciate life y’all ... as hard and painful as it can be some time, you’re still here!?! Let’s appreciate Him. I know I can come off harsh and blunt... but y’all don’t know my trials either, just listen to your heart..

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by LordVodka View Post
    Absolutely.

The famous mathematician and atheist, Bertrand Russell (co-founder of analytic philosophy), was asked about what he would say if he had to stand before God one day to give account for his unbelief. His answer:

"Sir, why did you take such pains to hide yourself"

If this famoose atheist was WISE enough... the answer would be right in front of him. God could’ve made robots on His own... He made people.. with feel8ngs, a will, and a mind.. and what the6 fall in love with is up to them.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

If this famoose atheist was WISE enough... the answer would be right in front of him. God could’ve made robots on His own... He made people.. with feel8ngs, a will, and a mind.. and what the6 fall in love with is up to them.
    When are you going to start using your mind????

brainfreeze
    Meaning

By the way... I’ve been in some very terrible situations. I’ve done time around murderers. I’ve been stabbed. In murderous projects and ugly places Etc.. as this thread will show and what I know, is the devil HATES YOU and he’s a stone cold LIAR. And hell will be nothing like what’s seen here on Earth, in any project, haiti, or prison... repent,

God bless.. gn

brainfreeze
    Meaning

One more thing... you still have POWER and choice here. It will allllll be gone there. For warning, for your sake, make good decisions!!

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Not too late

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

There is a reason why one book is called the Old Testament and another is called the New Testament. God wanted punishment to be handed down the way it was during those times and wants sinning to be handled another way during this current time.
    If God was perfect...there would only be one testament. Why doesn't God come down and make a NEWER Testament today?

There is a reason that we don't see people living to be 800 years old or living in Whales today. It's because it's impossible. Weird now that we have cameras none of this crap happens...I think most people, even religious folks, know this deep down.

When I was religious I would play pretend JUST IN CASE. Finally I just F*** IT. This isn't real and I'm wasting my life... I'm not going to waste time fake believing in something because I want people to think I'm a good person. I have a lot of Christian friends that are very intelligent and great people. I'm just being honest....I don't believe in things like people living in Whales or talking snakes. It's all BS.

There are thousands of religions with hundreds of denominations and you just happened to pick the correct religion and everyone else is going to hell? OK..... Life actually starts making a lot more sense when you stop believing and start being realistic. Then you start enjoying every day to the fullest because you know it's all you have.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 03-12-21 at 01:11 AM.
    Points Awarded:

SimpleJack gave BigDofBA 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

BeatTheJerk

If God was perfect...there would only be one testament. Why doesn't God come down and make a NEWER Testament today?

There is a reason that we don't see people living to be 800 years old or living in Whales today. It's because it's impossible. Weird now that we have cameras none of this crap happens...I think most people, even religious folks, know this deep down.

When I was religious I would play pretend JUST IN CASE. Finally I just F*** IT. This isn't real and I'm wasting my life... I'm not going to waste time fake believing in something because I want people to think I'm a good person. I have a lot of Christian friends that are very intelligent and great people. I'm just being honest....I don't believe in things like people living in Whales or talking snakes. It's all BS.

There are thousands of religions with hundreds of denominations and you just happened to pick the correct religion and everyone else is going to hell? OK..... Life actually starts making a lot more sense when you stop believing and start being realistic. Then you start enjoying every day to the fullest because you know it's all you have.
    Amen brother (no pun intended) this is where I stand as well.

First ... 119120121122123124125 ... Last