brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post

It is as simple as honestly seeking God, don't make it more complicated and try to establish some kind of expectation.

That is entirely up to God and you should leave it there.
    Smh... Said what I had to say, I’m done.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

We've seen the Lord find people literally overnight Freeze, let the Lord handle it.

The range of experience is so broad that it should be obvious to you that it's up to God.

Give it to God, Freeze, you take to much away from God and fail to give it over.

You forget who is in control and what can come of it, because you want to add the experience and control of man, that's not God's way.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Romans ...

3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
    4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
    5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
    6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly

Incase you didn’t read this part, here it is again ...

tribulation worketh patience;
    4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope

This is God’s Word dude, I don’t speak of my own.. I speak of what I know. There is many other scriptures that confirm this.. again, you’re confused.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    Smh... Said what I had to say, I’m done.

If you are going to argue about giving something over to God, then you need to seek a pastor. You used to post scripture but now you want to be online minister.

You need some experts in your life if that's your route, because to argue with the simplicity of what I said is ridiculous. Perhaps you should consider seminary school, I don't know.

Of course there's more to the conversation but to discourage seeking God for the sake of arguing on the internet as if you have a better way is foolish and I challenge anyone to show that it isn't.

It's the God thread and seeking God should be a topic, even if you want to avoid it.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    Romans ...

3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
    4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
    5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
    6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly

Incase you didn’t read this part, here it is again ...

tribulation worketh patience;
    4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope

This is God’s Word dude, I don’t speak of my own.. I speak of what I know. There is many other scriptures that confirm this.. again, you’re confused.
    And I never said anyone shouldn't have or expect those things.

Never.

I never put a timeline or expectation for that very reason.

I simply encouraged someone to seek the Lord.

And I'm confused?

Sad, really.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I encouraged someone to seek the Lord and got attacked by Freeze, didn't see that coming but it absolutely calls to question his intentions in this thread.

Maybe he's comfortable running poster like BigDofBA around in circles. I don't know.

In terms of discernment, for anyone in this thread, these facts should be considered.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Of course there's more to the conversation but to discourage seeking God for the sake of arguing on the internet as if you have a better way t.
    “ of course there’s more “ smh.. you sure some mad overnight rubbing skillz won’t get it done?

This is why i don’t like talking to you. I’ve only been a source of encouragement through out this entire thread but you can insinuate that I’m not. I think you are toxic to yourself and others. We all will have our opinions and people can decide what’s right for them. It’s all Gods choice btw.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I think both of you mean well. I also like reading your posts. My questions is, have either of you ever been non-believers?

Brainfreeze is aware of this but I wasn't always an atheist. It was a gradual progression by educating myself, going off life experiences, seeing things with my own eyes, researching various religions, and continuing to ask questions that religious people brush off or don't bother to explain. My transition went something like this...

Baptist -> Protestant -> Believed in something "higher" -> Spiritual -> Atheist

Finally becoming an atheist really put me at peace and opened up my mind. I quit putting off things, like seeing family, and began living every day to the fullest because I no longer held out hope (faith) that I would have some great eternal life.

A lot of life's questions became easier to answer while some still remained unanswered.

So I've been on both sides of this debate. Have you guys actually seen things from my side or at least considered them?

How would you guys prove to me that Christianity is any more correct than any other religion? If I went to a Muslim forum they would be trying to convert me to Islam. I am like you in that I reject every other religion too. I just take it one good further. Maybe you guys are close to being Atheists than you think.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I think both of you mean well. I also like reading your posts. My questions is, have either of you ever been non-believers?

Yes man, I’m human. When I was kid I seen adults take it seriously but it wasn’t that serious to me. I just had respect on the strength of this where my parents would have me go. They were catholic and followed tradition of their own parents. There were no Bible’s laying open at my house, it was just a run of the mill Sunday thing. I come from a broken home though, and as time went I stopped caring but from time to time I would meditate on the idea that there had to be more. I was to young to understand what I was looking for. As I grew I was wild, and didn’t really believe. I just wanted to have fun and fun grew into something else. It ended with a lot of pain. I’ve done years in prison, I’ve been on both sides of a gun, I’ve been stabbed, shot at, addicted to heroine for years, walking down project roads in the middle of the night to score another bag because I knew I wouldn’t want to walk or do anything the next day if I didn’t. I also was on the other side of that slanging ounces of cocaine. I’ve been in bad relationships with women that have led me no where, all had me feeling numb to life... This is where I was taking myself, to death in sin, struggling to breathe.

I didnt care about anything or anyone including myself.. I hated the world, I hated my life, and so I ran from anything that reminded me of where I was at that point. I just would cut the music up, light the next blunt, and fade away into whatever was going on in the moment. I didn’t have direction, I didn’t have dreams or ambition other than what my mother would introduce... thank God for her but I was trouble, and no I didn’t really believe...

after that program I told you about, I dedicated myself for 6 months, studying and seeking, I was being awoken without even realizing it. When I came home, and I got around some of the same old “ friends “ is when I was struck, i felt different, I didn’t click with them like I used too. Something happened, and things were now different. I didn’t quite understand and still didn’t necessarily “ believe “ but the seed was planted and belief was taking hold, I had now experienced something. I still had demons around me though that didn’t want to see me go. The “ friends “ are what I was familiar with and I even went to prison after this circumstance. I fell right back in to the world.

I made bad decisions, and things got worse for me. It’s a process though. As I got older, my thoughts were changing, I had children now, and had to think beyond myself. How my actions would affect them and how my actions have really got me no where. No one of any caliber respected me. No one cared about me. The streets are deceptive and the Word love is tossed around like a screen pass but it is only a word of illusion in that life. There were a lot of things changing in my mind about things. I didn’t just start believing again. I did watch over my grandmother for sometime in her old age. I respected her and loved her. She was the only one I knew that kept the Bible open in her home. She tried her best to live it, and that showed. She was baptist btw her husband was catholic. She went back to being baptist when they divorced, she never remarried. Sweet lady, good person, and that’s why I looked out for her, that and it was my mothers wish who I also love and respect.

I was changing ... to be who I really was from the beginning. I was maturing and finally stopped fighting who I really was. I’m not a gangster, I’m not mafia, Scarface, elchapo none of that. I figured out who I was. I’m a good dude and that’s when God said it was time to show me some things. I told you about what happened on a movie set and all that and I don’t want to go back over it. It’s in the thread somewhere. Since that has happen, I’ve acceoted the Holy Ghost, and letting Him transform me. I now have understanding I never thought was possible. I was like you, I didn’t really believe, and now I understand, and I do believe. I feel dumb for ever doubting Him. I know my life would be better if I had just trusted Him from the beginning and would have most likely spared my family pain. I didn’t though, but I have a lot of experience and can relate to people in most walks of life. I’m not perfect, and I feel bad when I mess up. I feel bad when I even talk like a idiot. I’m still walking, and striving for my best of who I can be with Gods help.

So, no... I didn’t always believe but people change, and so does what they believe.
    Last edited by brainfreeze; 07-15-18 at 08:01 PM.
    Points Awarded:

BigDofBA gave brainfreeze 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PittsburghPlayer gave brainfreeze 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

George carlin

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Jesus said, “For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?” (Mark 8:36)

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

u called

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave Mr KLC 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26359

What does Jesus say about coronavirus? Where is god when you need him?

Gonad
    Gonad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6881

He will get credit for any vaccine that comes forth, bank on that.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Atheists have so much hate for a God.

They claim doesn't exist.

Gonad
    Gonad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6881

Mine is merely a statement of fact, nothing more. I also bear no animus toward the Jolly Green Giant or the Easter Bunny.

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

to all my friends, there is going to be a test soon, or a pop-quiz not sure but thought you might like to know that almost all the answers are on page 1 of this thread
    those men are smart

I am convinced that there is a God and/or Gods and that books, like the books of Enoch and Esther were left out of the bible to - as others have stated, to control us.

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26359

They say god creates everything, so he must have created coronavirus. lol

Sanity Check

Blind faith in government, fake news and open borders.

Is more dangerous today.

Than blind faith in a God.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PittsburghPlayer, and Mr KLC

Nitrogen
    Chasing
    Nitrogen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 401

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Blind faith in government, fake news and open borders.
    Is more dangerous today.
    Than blind faith in a God.
    Nice false equivalency. Trusting and hoping your elected officials are acting in the best interest of the country (and then replacing them if they don't) is not exactly the same as an unquestioning belief in santa claus for grownups.

How's the signal strength from the ark?

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

darn it Sanity, you are making me look bad for nominating your post

might you edit your post above to something that no one can dispute?

then of course you have to ask Nitrogen to edit his post so we can nip this shit in the bud

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrogen View Post
    Nice false equivalency. Trusting and hoping your elected officials are acting in the best interest of the country (and then replacing them if they don't) is not exactly the same as an unquestioning belief in santa claus for grownups.

How's the signal strength from the ark?
    In my experience, I've found atheists to be utterly incapable of questioning or criticizing fake news or corrupt politicians.

Fake news and corrupt politicians are your gods.

Far, far, worse than worshipping santa claus as a deity figure.

Quote Originally Posted by PittsburghPlayer View Post
    darn it Sanity, you are making me look bad for nominating your post

might you edit your post above to something that no one can dispute?

then of course you have to ask Nitrogen to edit his post so we can nip this shit in the bud

Your cat walked across the keyboard and accidentally clicked the nominated button.

All good.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20397

If there was a god, children wouldn't suffer. Change my mind.

Nitrogen
    Chasing

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    If there was a god, children wouldn't suffer. Change my mind.
    He exists, but is a dick.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PittsburghPlayer

Nitrogen
    Chasing

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    In my experience, I've found atheists to be utterly incapable of questioning or criticizing fake news or corrupt politicians.
    Fake news and corrupt politicians are your gods.
    Far, far, worse than worshipping santa claus as a deity figure.
    You have to justify your own silly and unreasonable beliefs, by projecting other unreasonable beliefs onto others through generalizations.

That's what you're left with. Add a time machine to your next batch of prayers. Maybe you can go back before you found this forum and exposed yourself as the empty mental mailbox you display daily.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrogen View Post
    You have to justify your own silly and unreasonable beliefs, by projecting other unreasonable beliefs onto others through generalizations.

That's what you're left with. Add a time machine to your next batch of prayers. Maybe you can go back before you found this forum and exposed yourself as the empty mental mailbox you display daily.

Was open borders a good or bad policy for illegal immigration and containing chinese virus.

You're not honest enough to answer basic questions like this.

Why bother saying anything, when you can't be honest with yourself.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Bill nye

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Sanity Check