brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    You belittle yourself man. Having others point it out might feed your persecution complex, but it doesn't change that you quickly default to the old "you need to look into your heart" fluff.

With a straight face you ask a poster "How can you prove something, that cannot be observed" and yet claim that an archaeologist (in fact the guy was a nurse anesthetist) have "proof".

http://scienceblogs.com/dispatches/2006/06/30/ron-wyatt-collosal-fraud/
    Go look at what he found and then call him a fraud, y'all are calling me things now, people supposed to believe it? He's showing physical evidence, not saying something is billions of years old. That place with those burning molten balls is real, he found it. Wheels from Egyptians 8th dynasty under Red Sea, real, he found it.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by LordVodka View Post
    You're the one belittling everyone with your religious superiority.

Carbon dating is a real thing. That's how we know the age of the universe. I suggest you try to watch the Comsos series by Carl Sagan or Neil Degrasse Tyson. That is a good place to start.

The theory of evolution is a scientific theory it's not a theory in the regular sense that some asshole comes up with an idea of how things work. Again science works because it's verifiable.

Let me ask you why did God have to abide by certain laws when he created the universe? Why didn't he just create things magically? Everything in the world has an explanation.
    If u say so...
    He made the laws...

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    Go look at what he found and then call him a fraud, y'all are calling me things now, people supposed to believe it? He's showing physical evidence, not saying something is billions of years old. That place with those burning molten balls is real, he found it. Wheels from Egyptians 8th dynasty under Red Sea, real, he found it.
    His assistant, Jim Pinkoski, is quite an amusing fellow. He’ll show you a piece of genuine petrified wood from Noah’s Ark. And when you point out that this “petrified wood” has no rings in it, he’ll tell you – with a straight face – that that’s because trees didn't have rings before the flood.
    And where were these blood tests Ron ran? And on...and on....

You want to believe so badly dude. Doesn't make it any more real.

http://scienceblogs.com/dispatches/2...ollosal-fraud/

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    And where were these blood tests Ron ran? And on...and on....

You want to believe so badly dude. Doesn't make it any more real.

http://scienceblogs.com/dispatches/2...ollosal-fraud/
    I want others to believe badly, I've seen far enough for me personally to believe any other way.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

why would god not give a hint of him actually being real?
    wouldnt we all be better people and live happier lives, less evil.
    all he has to do is give a shout out and a hint, that there is in fact hell and maybe people will stop killing each other etc.

but no, we have to assume the bible is true, a snake - i forget what the snake did? he said eat the apple? eve was made frm adams rib?

no.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

eat the apple, bitch.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 10-08-15 at 02:42 PM. Reason: image does not exist

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Quote Originally Posted by onemoregoal View Post
    Absolutely.

The famous mathematician and atheist, Bertrand Russell (co-founder of analytic philosophy), was asked about what he would say if he had to stand before God one day to give account for his unbelief. His answer:

"Sir, why did you take such pains to hide yourself"

brainfreeze
    Meaning

wouldnt we all be better people and live happier lives, less evil.
    all he has to do is give a shout out and a hint, that there is in fact hell and maybe people will stop killing each other etc.

but no, we have to assume the bible is true, a snake - i forget what the snake did? he said eat the apple? eve was made frm adams rib?

no.
    Then what place would faith have?

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

Then what place would faith have?
    Faith would still exist. You can have faith in a family member doing the right thing, or in yourself when faced with a challenge.
    the faith would just be put towards something real and not to something who created dinosaurs, got bored of them killed them and then toyed with humans, expecting faith in return.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

here all night...

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Faith would still exist. You can have faith in a family member doing the right thing, or in yourself when faced with a challenge.
    the faith would just be put towards something real and not to something who created dinosaurs, got bored of them killed them and then toyed with humans, expecting faith in return.
    if you knew God was real, what place would free will have? The choice, you wouldn't have a choice. You would be predestined

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by RiverBoatGambler View Post
    No pal, you have it backwards apparently.

If you think all those secret society's don't have satanic backgrounds then you need to go do some research and post less. Like I said, the people running the world believe in God and the devil. A lot of them chose to worship the devil.......You can't have one without the other. This world is about balance.........God and devil.......good and evil..........right and wrong........ Humans have free will to make a choice.

And one last thing, if you really don't believe in God....do yourself a favor and read up on basic astrophysics. There is a reason why scientists that study outspace, time, etc, are turning into Christians. If you think this 1 entire Universe was a big total accident, you are a small minded person.
    so tell me, who's running this world?

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by wagerjunkie View Post
    they say this mushroom is where the idea of santa claus came from as well....this mushroom is what the mushroom they at looked like and resemble santa claus...these greeting cards are from thousands of years ago.

i ate those mushrooms before at reggae on the river up in humboldt.

gave me crazy thoughts and crazy visuals. highly recommended. but be outdoors...

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I don't know how much truth there is to this statement, but I do know that more than 1/2 of the churches in my town have closed over the past 10 years due to lack of attendance.
    I don't even belong to a church... I do like watching Bishop T.D. Jakes online, this guy is full of the Spirit. I've been watching him since 17, his messages have only gotten stronger. I went to a local church a few times a week and was giving a lot every time I walked in for personnel reasons only to be told by one of the members on stage that the money is going to their retreats...unbelievable what they've done with Gods name.

truth is out there though, seek and ye shall find. Don't just think He lives in churches though.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

did the snake talk?
    sign language?

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

Fact is if there was a god, he would bring back dinosaurs just for fun. It would be hilarious.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: zizoudane10

brainfreeze
    Meaning

did the snake talk?
    sign language?
    Lucifer appeared as a snake, good book also tells us he can appear as a beam of light. Do you believe someone can take one look at you, never seen you a day before in life but can tell you something about your history? It's unheard of, my mother does it all the time. There's more to life then what meets the eye, I like the way my grandmother used to put it, you can't see the wind but you know it's there.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

do theists believe in evolution?

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

isn't there like an old adage? treat people the way they treat you?

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Whoever made that video needs another look, Job was a servant to God, as a servant you will be tested, his test were very severe. I had a very severe test of my own, Job was a warrior, very distasteful video.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Look at the way they portray God, who would want to argue with people that don't just argue their point but want to instead show God in a negative way. A hate for God... Do you think I have time to make little characters to show how good and evil exist, look at the guys name that made the video, "Darkmatters"

they do a good job of showings it's real on their own.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Look at the way they portray God, who would want to argue with people that don't just argue their point but want to instead show God in a negative way. A hate for God... Do you think I have time to make little characters to show how good and evil exist, look at the guys name that made the video, "Darkmatters"

they do a good job of showings it's real on their own.
    Always remember this
    No matter how much you think you know, you have no clue. You simply have an opinion or as some call it, faith.

Realizing this is good for ones health.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    How do you know there is one? Should one really feel him in ones heart?
    have you lost alot recently betting on sports?
    god wont help you, i prayed for weeks after i lost my bankroll in 2006 but god never answered my calls
    after i realized there is no god i started working at burger king, saved some money, stole some from grandmother, and i was back in the game
    my girlfriend helped me too, she started hooking and paid my debts to my local bookies

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    have you lost alot recently betting on sports?
    god wont help you, i prayed for weeks after i lost my bankroll in 2006 but god never answered my calls
    after i realized there is no god i started working at burger king, saved some money, stole some from grandmother, and i was back in the game
    my girlfriend helped me too, she started hooking and paid my debts to my local bookies
    God works in mysterious ways.

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14308

So what's the answer?

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Einstein answered your question in his god letter, written in German in 1954, a year before the his death, it was sold on ebay for 3 million:
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 10-08-15 at 02:43 PM. Reason: image does not exist

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Einstein used to envoke Gods name all the time... Listen to Mr. Michio Kaku's opinion on God, he talks about Einsteins belief as well.... changes nothing, as I told moneyshot about John Dee. Dee was just as smart as Einstein and look which way he went, I think he still has the biggest library in England today. Are we supposed to take Einsteins word for it...? Just because you complete the worlds calculations doesnt mean you know the calculator...

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

There are special places for guys with imaginary friends..... Lots of them.
    But for this one special imaginary friend we have churches.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: muldoon

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14308

It seems a lot of people have had hard life's out here. I guess it's hard not to be cynical.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    It seems a lot of people have had hard life's out here. I guess it's hard not to be cynical.
    Isn't about being cynical. Not at all.
    I just don't take people seriously that have imaginary friends.
    And I'm not even a dick about it.
    Guys wanna believe in a book that is a 100% fiction? Yeah cool, do that, I'm not against it. But as soon as you try to shove it down my throat, that is when I gotta start laughing.
    Guys can pray all day and all night - if it floats their boat and gives them a good feeling: carry on, that's great.
    But don't try to indoctrinate children that can't think logically or try to put religion higher than law or anything. If a full grown "normal" human decides that whatever type of religion gives him something - okay, no problem. I won't even make fun of it: as long as he doesn't want to talk with me about it.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28935

Quote Originally Posted by wagerjunkie View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Sacred-Mus.../dp/0982556276

this dude John Allegro was a highly respected dude who went to Oxford and studied the Dead Sea Scrolls for over 15 years and basically came to a conclusion that it was all a load off crap. he basically came a conclusion that way back, the theory of "god" and "jesus" came from people tripping off shrooms. he basically says one night they were tripping penetrating balls and the romans were coming for them...and so they came up with this wild ass theory from their trip...of this sacred religion or cult if you will to scare off the romans...and it kinda of just spiraled from there..

wild stuff
    Check out Terrence McKenna's stoned ape theory for more of this idea of mushrooms shaping our world. Goes back a little further than "human" existance.
    Good luck.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

Lucifer became a snake and the snake told eve not to eat an apple, but eve ate the apple,
    did she eat the apple?
    what happens?
    why are we still eating apples and not killing all snakes?
    shouldnt christians be killing snakes?

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

where is the devil in all of this?
    why arent there any talking snakes nowadays?

First 123456 ... Last