Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14043

GOD

How do you know there is one? Should one really feel him in ones heart?

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24743

Ask a cardiologist. AND BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!!!!

But seriously folks...

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Only a higher power could create something like this.

Name:  4457130848_jessica_alba_1_221120061_answer_1_xlarge.jpg
Views: 2502
Size:  10.9 KB
    Points Awarded:

rpesi9955 gave GUMMO77 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

crim gave GUMMO77 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Auto Donk, Ebe, hawkeye 16, and ajhinojosa

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24743

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

There isn't and anything you feel is in your head.

Bostongambler

Great point Gumm! But lately I'm heading lordvodka's way.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

lets all hope there is something....

I have my own major doubts, but dont you all hope there is something for your loved ones?

Bostongambler

Yes Fidel. I sure hope there is more. I just need a sign

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Gods real... Go out and look at the grasp that evil has on people and then look at the ones among the chaos who walk in peace knowing what's going on around them. This is the game of life and everyone has a role. When a guy signs up for the army he must know what he's getting involved in, he can die for the army. Well I signed up for God and would risk my life for that. Even if you don't believe in a higher power, a good and evil, the people running the show do, so you will be effected indirectly. They want to lock away your minds and hearts to nothing of value. Just watch tv, movies, play games, watch games, go to parties, back to work, more games, they keep you moving so you don't have time to think, sit back for a second and put some things in perspective and you tell me.... If Gods real. ..bg
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Fire in da hole, and RavensFan2k3

Bostongambler

Very nicely put Brainfreeze.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

If there is a "God" or creator, I don't think it knows that we even exist.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

By the way I'm not perfect, I'm just like you guys and used to be probably a bit worse then a few of you. I'm changing, it's good when you can change things for the better and feel good about it after. The one thing that got me started was just the divine messages in the good book, just check out proverbs some time and you tell me if this isn't some of the best stuff you ever heard that was written in times past. Just go through some stories or take a bible class, great stuff. It's better then any crap I see on the tube anyway. Then when you apply it to your life and you ask God for the help you need, sincerely he's sending people your way. True story!!

I wish I could give a lot of you my testimony but it's personnel and if I seen people in person wouldn't have a problem, but typing it will take away from it. God Bless All!! Keep searching it out!!

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    Very nicely put Brainfreeze.
    Thanks

Bostongambler

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    By the way I'm not perfect, I'm just like you guys and used to be probably a bit worse then a few of you. I'm changing, it's good when you can change things for the better and feel good about it after. The one thing that got me started was just the divine messages in the good book, just check out proverbs some time and you tell me if this isn't some of the best stuff you ever heard that was written in times past. Just go through some stories or take a bible class, great stuff. It's better then any crap I see on the tube anyway. Then when you apply it to your life and you ask God for the help you need, sincerely he's sending people your way. True story!!

I wish I could give a lot of you my testimony but it's personnel and if I seen people in person wouldn't have a problem, but typing it will take away from it. God Bless All!! Keep searching it out!!
    You definatly seem to have found him Brainfreeze. Im sure it gives you a calming feeling. Thanks again.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

You definatly seem to have found him Brainfreeze. Im sure it gives you a calming feeling. Thanks again.
    Trust me, if I can you can, just hope you don't have to go through what I did looking. Don't be fooled by evils intelligent design, cool thing to check out.... Bill Nye "the science guy" debates Mr. Ham of the creationism museum .. Check out that debate.... Is God real? ...... Your welcome again BG ... Hope it helps

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12975

The idea of god is an interesting one. It helps to create social mores and societal rules like don't murder or rape people. But if you look at the reality of the situation, we are just beings who have a rudimentary understanding of the universe/multiverse. No one has seen or heard god. The people claiming to be god or prophets were likely clinically insane.

It's also interesting that people all across the world have developed these ideas of a higher being. I personally think that the idea is a coping mechanism to explain the things that don't seem rational. Babies starving, the nicest guy you ever met dying of cancer, etc. With that being said, I think it's pretty unlikely that any sort of god or deity exists.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

You can't ask why God does things, your mother dies, the good guy that gets hit by a drunk driver. We don't understand, God does. As I said watch a atheist battle a christian in debate over Darwinism being taught in our schools but not christian values "creationism". Bill Nye vs Ken Ham

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    The idea of god is an interesting one. It helps to create social mores and societal rules like don't murder or rape people. But if you look at the reality of the situation, we are just beings who have a rudimentary understanding of the universe/multiverse. No one has seen or heard god. The people claiming to be god or prophets were likely clinically insane.

It's also interesting that people all across the world have developed these ideas of a higher being. I personally think that the idea is a coping mechanism to explain the things that don't seem rational. Babies starving, the nicest guy you ever met dying of cancer, etc. With that being said, I think it's pretty unlikely that any sort of god or deity exists.
    Pretty much what I think as well. The idea of "God" was a great way to explain the unexplainable back in biblical times and put fear into people.

Then you have 3 people not boarding the Malaysian flight claiming that "A higher power" was watching over them, but that same power let 295 other people unnecessarily meet their doom. Was this just a little game that God plays?

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

You can't ask why God does things, your mother dies, the good guy that gets hit by a drunk driver. We don't understand, God does. As I said watch a atheist battle a christian in debate over Darwinism being taught in our schools but not christian values "creationism". Bill Nye vs Ken Ham

I can ask whatever I want. I don't think that "god" does anything. I'm also not really inclined to watch a debate about something that can't be proven one way or the other. The outcome is subjective to the viewer.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

In the beginning man created god....
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: swordsandtequila, Kermit, gauchojake, and Ebe

Bostongambler

That's deep Ziz.

Bostongambler

I guess we really do walk by faith.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    In the beginning man created god....
    Easiest way to get the uneducated people below you to do exactly what you want.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

If you really think about it, we're all gods. We can create life and take it away. Isn't that the idea behind most of the bible and other religious texts? We can do amazing shit like cure cancer and other diseases. But, the reality is that the universe is infinite. There is no possible way to explain everything. The theory of one being who holds all of the answers is tempting, but highly improbable.

Bostongambler

gauch; I wish I was high sitting on the hood of my car looking up at the stars thinking about that one.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Guys look, go out live your life's and find out with what you bumped in to. It's crazy how I got to get deep into it when I was young, it was either juvi or a bible camp. I took the bible camp, I found God and he gifted me the Holy Spirit. Again I don't deserve it, sinner like all but was gifted. I was to young though 17 and had a ton of hard knocks ahead. I fell asleep like most wasn't till my golden birthday that he tapped me again, this time a little more serious. People are conscious, if you believe it or not it doesn't matter, you let them in to your lives and your children's every time y'all rally behind the next big movie or the next big game.
    Points Awarded:

innovation gave brainfreeze 200 Betpoint(s) for this post.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

gauch; I wish I was high sitting on the hood of my car looking up at the stars thinking about that one.
    haha me too

Bostongambler

Brain; You are a kind soul my man, and I sooooo hope you are right.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Brain; You are a kind soul my man, and I sooooo hope you are right.
    Thanks for these words dude... Not to many are brave enough to ask these questions. They have their own preconceived notion on how it all works and they hide behind that. The day you remove the wool though, crazy stuff...... Good movie, THEY LIVE... Go check that out to...crazy

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

In a way... we create our own evil in our lives. Think about it. Alcohol, drugs, women/sex/relations, emotions, gambling. Does someone have something better than you? Etc. That's considered Evil if it disrupts your positive momentum or makes you THINK TWICE. I think religion was created to look at the other side of the coin. Like... there's hope and there's purity. Helps you stay away from evil.

Anything that changes your psyche negatively is evil. How the hell would it be considered good?

When negativity goes overboard... what happens? You tend to do things you'd normally wouldn't with positive wholesome thoughts. You make more mistakes... and make more excuses.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    In a way... we create our own evil in our lives. Think about it. Alcohol, drugs, women/sex/relations, emotions, gambling. Does someone have something better than you? Etc. That's considered Evil if it disrupts your positive momentum or makes you THINK TWICE. I think religion was created to look at the other side of the coin. Like... there's hope and there's purity. Helps you stay away from evil.

Anything that changes your psyche negatively is evil. How the hell would it be considered good?

When negativity goes overboard... what happens? You tend to do things you'd normally wouldn't with positive wholesome thoughts. You make more mistakes... and make more excuses.
    Money... It's the intent, the consciously knowing a building is going to have planes flown into it and come up big in stocks off the catostrophey. Evil is alive but so is God.

Bostongambler

Are we here on Earth to learn?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Money... It's the intent, the consciously knowing a building is going to have planes flown into it and come up big in stocks off the catostrophey. Evil is alive but so is God.
    Wish I was younger again... when you were a little guy growing up... all you cared about was playing baseball with your friends...

I asked my childhood neighbor a couple years back... was all this sh#$ going on in the world.... even when I was like 10? He laughed and said... you were too busy being a kid. And you should be a kid. But yes... this stuff has been going on since the start of time.

Unreal how life can change you.

Mac Roibeaird
    Mac Roibeaird's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I have no trouble accepting the idea that humans have a soul, and that even other animals might, but I do believe there is some part of us that continues after the body dies.

RiverBoatGambler
    RiverBoatGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

God is real.

Heaven and Hell...........Good and Evil........Demons and Angels........all are just as real as you and me.

There is another world/life after you leave this earth.

The funny thing to me is 99.9% of the people that don't believe in it, are people low on the food chain. The people that run this world, they do believe in God and the devil. The battle of good and evil goes to far back for people to try and look over it.

1234 ... Last