maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    If your God is required to allow this jerk off into heaven, promptly show me to the downstairs escalator.
    I love it. An eternity in Hell would be a welcome alternative to spending 5 minutes anywhere with this retard, dead or alive.

jayfly
    jayfly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10713

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    There is only One God.... hope you are doing well d, happy new year.

Romans 11:11
    11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

“ through their fall (Israelites), salvation is come to the Gentiles (us) “ ... Same God but they are blinded in disbelief that the Messiah has come. Don’t let their fall be in vain people...

God bless
    Really? Which one is it?

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    If your God is required to allow this jerk off into heaven, promptly show me to the downstairs escalator.
    Don't worry Jay, I'm confident your name won't be in the book of life. You'll be promptly shown the downstairs escalator upon death.

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    An eternity in Hell would be a welcome alternative
    You'll get your wish, since Atheists aren't allowed where I'm going.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    Don't worry Jay, I'm confident your name won't be in the book of life. You'll be promptly shown the downstairs escalator upon death.

You'll get your wish, since Atheists aren't allowed where I'm going.
    I'm not an atheist, but whatever
    Just because you are a lunatic and all around prick doesn't automatically get you into heaven, but it probably won't hurt you

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quoting the Bible doesn’t prove the Christianity.

Quoting the Quran doesn’t prove the Islam.

Quoting the Torah doesn’t prove Judaism.

Man wrote these books. Man made up God in man’s own image.

If there really were a God, it would be obvious. When I walk outside everyday I would see supernatural shit like the Bible talks about. I don’t.

It’s so weird snakes don’t talk anymore and people don’t live in whales isn’t it? Why can’t peole use common sense?

I get it. I want to live forever wih 70 Virgins too. I’m sorry I’m realistic and know it’s all a fairy tale.

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    If there really were a God, it would be obvious.When I walk outside everyday
    Correct...walking outside every day makes it obvious there's a God, to anyone with a clue.

Countless testimonials of life after death experiences, is just icing on the cake.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I’m advocating that this thread should just end. This entire debate is like the one of Black Lives Matter. Black people have one opinion & White people have another & there’s no reasoning with either side to sway ones belief. It’s a waste of time & energy. We should all just shut the f u c k up & live our lives according to our beliefs and/or non-beliefs. This thread has turned into a disrespecting name calling & judgemental charade. One big awful rerun of basically the same argument being displayed for both sides in a revolving circle. We will find out when we die. Let’s enjoy our existence how we choose. We need to show love & respect to one another & get along & agree to disagree. That is all ......
    Last edited by BeatTheJerk; 01-04-18 at 03:17 AM.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

Correct...walking outside every day makes it obvious there's a God, to anyone with a clue.

Countless testimonials of life after death experiences, is just icing on the cake.
    Lol...is this a troll post?

BigDofBA

Natural disasters, disease, death and destruction, pain, suffering, etc. is what you will see when you walk outside.

I don’t see people walking on water, God talking from the heavens in a booming voice, 800 year old people, talking snakes, etc.

Your “evidence” is “testimonials”. Let’s be real. God could make it obvious he exists. He doesn’t because he isn’t real. Convincing yourself in your head that God is real isn’t evidence.

People also say they have been abducted by Aliens. Is that “testimony” proof aliens exist?

I know I’m not going to change anyone’s mind but I just always find it hilarious that some of the most mean, hyprocitcal, and judgmental people think they’re special and going to live for eternity in a another demension.

These people are so narrow minded and stuck on themselves that they haven’t even considered that there are thousands of other religions out there that think the same thing.

I get it. You “picked” the “correct” religion so you’re right and everyone else is wrong. Lucky you.

Is there an after, after-life?

I believe in my heart and soul that there is an afte,r after-life and if you worship God’s God in Heaven, you will gets to this after life that exists after heaven which is much better. You just have to have faith.

You can’t prove this after, after-life and God’s God don’t exist. If you don’t believe me you’re going to hell.

See how this game works?
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 01-04-18 at 09:56 AM.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

BigD it has to be that way - until the end, then it's not.
    Think about it. There is a reason WHY.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    BigD it has to be that way - until the end, then it's not.
    Think about it. There is a reason WHY.
    But it doesn’t have to be that way.

Again, I’m not trying to change anyone’s mind that is Christian. I’m just sharing thoughts from a different angle so people that are on the fence can make their own choice.

Religion is constantly shoved down people’s throats and most Athiests just stay quiet.

You’re not going to burn in Hell for eternity if you don’t go along with the charade.

Use your common sense. Use logic. Use reasoning. Use what you observe in the world every day. Please study as much about all the religions as you can. The more educated you become, the easier it is to see the contradictions, hypocrisy, and really outlandish unbelievable claims.

That’s my message.

I don’t hate Christians. I just had bad ideas that in my opinion, hold back mankind from advancement.

If we never studied medicine or engineering to make things like cars and airplanes, if we just stayed in caves in to pray to God all day....our lives would be terrible.

Peole used to think God did everything. Make it rain, snow, cause the sun to rise, etc. We now know why this stuff really happens.

We need to continue learning and educating ourselves instead of taking the easy way out and believing a book that was written by peole that had a Stone Age education.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

But it doesn’t have to be that way.

Again, I’m not trying to change anyone’s mind that is Christian. I’m just sharing thoughts from a different angle so people that are on the fence can make their own choice.

Religion is constantly shoved down people’s throats and most Athiests just stay quiet.

You’re not going to burn in Hell for eternity if you don’t go along with the charade.

Use your common sense. Use logic. Use reasoning. Use what you observe in the world every day. Please study as much about all the religions as you can. The more educated you become, the easier it is to see the contradictions, hypocrisy, and really outlandish unbelievable claims.

That’s my message.

I don’t hate Christians. I just had bad ideas that in my opinion, hold back mankind from advancement.

If we never studied medicine or engineering to make things like cars and airplanes, if we just stayed in caves in to pray to God all day....our lives would be terrible.

Peole used to think God did everything. Make it rain, snow, cause the sun to rise, etc. We now know why this stuff really happens.

We need to continue learning and educating ourselves instead of taking the easy way out and believing a book that was written by peole that had a Stone Age education.
    Big D,

Only thing I can suggest is go back and read 1 Timothy. I believe it's only about 18 verses. It describes a lot about how some people people view God and how Paul persecuted the church only to find himself finding the truth eventually. It also mentions the false teachings that go on. I won't cut and paste it because it's something I believe you have to pick up and read on your own. I'm sure you've read it, but going back and reading again might have you at least thinking twice about your standing.

Take care man.

chargers4222

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    Big D,

Only thing I can suggest is go back and read 1 Timothy. I believe it's only about 18 verses. It describes a lot about how some people people view God and how Paul persecuted the church only to find himself finding the truth eventually. It also mentions the false teachings that go on. I won't cut and paste it because it's something I believe you have to pick up and read on your own. I'm sure you've read it, but going back and reading again might have you at least thinking twice about your standing.

Take care man.
    You don't see the issue with trying to prove your point with a quote from the very book that your detractors are questioning the legitimacy of?

That'd be like if I'm arguing with a Scientologist, trying to convince them that their sacred book was written by some crazy guy, and their counterpoint was, "If you read page 213, verse 17, you'll understand why Scientology is actually real."

RangeFinder

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    You don't see the issue with trying to prove your point with a quote from the very book that your detractors are questioning the legitimacy of?

That'd be like if I'm arguing with a Scientologist, trying to convince them that their sacred book was written by some crazy guy, and their counterpoint was, "If you read page 213, verse 17, you'll understand why Scientology is actually real."
    Not even close to the same thing. 1 Timothy is an actual letter written by Paul to Timothy. It's a historical fact with mountains of proof.

chargers4222

Not even close to the same thing. 1 Timothy is an actual letter written by Paul to Timothy. It's a historical fact with mountains of proof.
    And Dianetics was actually written by L. Ron Hubbard. It's a historical fact with mountains of proof.

Snowball

No offense, but Christianity happened before this book you're talking about (New Testament)
    was written and compiled. The book did not precede - so don't get it backwards.
    I really think you need to change your sources and start learning about history.
    Whether you ultimately become atheist, agnostic, Christian, or otherwise
    it would behoove you to seek better understanding. None of us were born with that.

RangeFinder

And Dianetics was actually written by L. Ron Hubbard. It's a historical fact with mountains of proof.
    And doesn't carry near the weight the New Testament does.

chargers4222

And doesn't carry near the weight the New Testament does.
    How is this a fact? Would you agree this is a completely subjective opinion of yours? Your argument is "yeah, but the book I like is more important."

As for Christianity happening "before this book I'm talking about " -- pretty sure Judaism was around for a while before Christianity. Why aren't you Jewish? Do you think it's possible that you were just born in a Christian country, so you ended up being Christian? If you were born in Saudi Arabia, do you think you'd be arguing the validity of Jesus Christ on a gambling forum? Also, isn't gambling a sin?

Here's my angle on religion -- I remember being about 9 or 10 years old, going to church, and thinking "wow, if all of these people believe in Jesus, then it must be true. There's no way all of these people can be wrong."

As I got older, I realized one very important thing: people are penetrating stupid. If a bunch of people believe something, it's almost definitely wrong. I'm basically fading religion.

What is more likely? A mythical being impregnated a virgin with a messiah, and then he disappeared again for 2,000 years, or people 2,000 years ago were just completely unevolved and desperate for answers for things they couldn't explain?

What is more likely? You'll burn in hell for eternity if you sin, or the religion needed a backstory to keep people in line, curb violence, and establish a civil culture?

Isn't it more likely that you're desperate for some type of answer, and you're scared by the idea of being just a collection of cells that will one day wilt away into nothingness? Isn't that much more likely than the mythology you cling to?

Doesn't it make you uncomfortable to be brainwashed? I mean, there is nothing I could possibly say that would change your mind about religion...doesn't that bother you? Doesn't being a slave to something so abstract and ridiculous kind of make you feel weak?
    Points Awarded:

PittsburghPlayer gave chargers4222 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PittsburghPlayer

Snowball

bobbywaves

I don’t see people walking on water

People also say they have been abducted by Aliens. Is that “testimony” proof aliens exist?
    Absolutely, in addition to this proof:

BigDofBA

Do you even know who Criss Angel is? Lol

You either don’t or you’re trolling.

Also, if you believe in Aliens, doesn’t that contradict your faith?

I can link to a YouTube video saying God doesn’t exist...this isn’t evidence.

RangeFinder

How is this a fact? Would you agree this is a completely subjective opinion of yours? Your argument is "yeah, but the book I like is more important."

As for Christianity happening "before this book I'm talking about " -- pretty sure Judaism was around for a while before Christianity. Why aren't you Jewish? Do you think it's possible that you were just born in a Christian country, so you ended up being Christian? If you were born in Saudi Arabia, do you think you'd be arguing the validity of Jesus Christ on a gambling forum? Also, isn't gambling a sin?

Here's my angle on religion -- I remember being about 9 or 10 years old, going to church, and thinking "wow, if all of these people believe in Jesus, then it must be true. There's no way all of these people can be wrong."

As I got older, I realized one very important thing: people are penetrating stupid. If a bunch of people believe something, it's almost definitely wrong. I'm basically fading religion.

What is more likely? A mythical being impregnated a virgin with a messiah, and then he disappeared again for 2,000 years, or people 2,000 years ago were just completely unevolved and desperate for answers for things they couldn't explain?

What is more likely? You'll burn in hell for eternity if you sin, or the religion needed a backstory to keep people in line, curb violence, and establish a civil culture?

Isn't it more likely that you're desperate for some type of answer, and you're scared by the idea of being just a collection of cells that will one day wilt away into nothingness? Isn't that much more likely than the mythology you cling to?

Doesn't it make you uncomfortable to be brainwashed? I mean, there is nothing I could possibly say that would change your mind about religion...doesn't that bother you? Doesn't being a slave to something so abstract and ridiculous kind of make you feel weak?
    So you look in a mirror and think that you are a result of some random explosion?

Look around you and ask yourself if this was all by random accident

Is this is what you are saying?

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15155

Rangefinder, I think what many here are trying to tell you is that, we don't know how it all started or why we're here.....
    Nobody knows, and there are some smart guys here.
    But why should we believe you or a Muslim or a budist or a Quaker or a Scientologist simply because they have some literatures to points to?
    I'm from the school of I Don't Know & I'm OK with that for now.
    I don't think it's a good look to run around telling people that you have it all figured out and know the score.....

Only there's no substantial proof or significant evidence & you just need to have faith until, you die.
    Points Awarded:

PittsburghPlayer gave Jayvegas420 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BigDofBA

JayVegas gets it.

Athiests aren’t saying they have the answers to the universe. We’re just saying that there isn’t evidence for any type of God, therefore, we do not believe.

Believing in what ever religion you pick is lazy imo. It’s the easy way out.

We probably won’t answer the questions of our existence in our lifetime but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try.

Also, I find it ironic that relgious people make fun of the Big Bang theory, evolution, natural selection and genetic mutation.....you guys believe in an invisible man in another demension outside of space. At least the scientific theories I’ve listed have some evidence behind them.

It’s hard for people to grasp things. There has to be a reason we’re here. There has to be a creator. There has to be a beginning, etc. maybe all of those assumptions are wrong.

If there has to be a creator, who created God? If you believe God always was, then why is it far fetched to believe that certain elements like hydrogen and nitrogen always existed in the universe?

I’m probably getting way to deep here....it’s easier to read and ancient book and just believe non-sense I guess.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: chargers4222

bobbywaves

if you believe in Aliens, doesn’t that contradict your faith?
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/2008/05/13/vatican-it-ok-for-catholics-to-believe-in-aliens.html

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14356

How about Mars men?

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29684

The vatican is covering all bases.
    Just in case aliens do exist, they want to be ready to send missionaries to convert them.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15155

Hope the aliens are older than the age of consent

BigDofBA

Free will in the Bible is not possible
    "God has a plan and is all knowing."

"Man has free will."

The problem with the Bible and religion, aside from all of the supernatural far fetched stories of living in whales and rising from the dead....If God has a plan, created us, and is all knowing....then how does any man have free will? God already perfectly orchestrated everything and knows what will happen...yet I have free will? Do you guys seriously even think about the stuff you cram done people's throats?

I didn't choose to be born or where I was born. So how do I have free will? I got inserted into a game that is worship a God or burn in hell. That's an ultimatum, not free will

The Uselessness of Prayer
    Also, if God has a plan, why do people pray for things? Wouldn't that mess up God's plan? What about the domino effect?

For example, if I pray for God to give me that job I applied for, won't that screw someone else over and effect their life? Wouldn't that alter gods plan? Say you have two competing football teams and both teams pray to God to win. How does God know which team to pick? I see people give glory to God all the time after winning titles. I guess God wasn't a Cavs fan last year but he was the year before.

I'm sure glad he has his priorities straight...helping sports teams win titles and all. Thankfully God didn't spend time curing cancer or world hunger. NO! NO! NO!!! God made sure your team won a championship instead of helping all the dying children in the world.

If you prayed to your dog instead of God, your prayers would have the exact same success rates. Think about that for a minute...I'll let it sink in.

Last edited by BigDofBA; 01-08-18 at 10:09 PM.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

If there were a God Tebow would still be in the NFL

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    If there were a God Tebow would still be in the NFL
    Some Georgia players thanked God for winning the Rose Bowl. Tonight Bama’s QB thanked God for winning the national title.

Let that sink in....

God gets all the credit when something good happens. When something bad happens, god is “mysterious” and you just have to trust his “plan”.

This is the greatest scam of all time.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Some Georgia players thanked God for winning the Rose Bowl. Tonight Bama’s QB thanked God for winning the national title.

Let that sink in....

God gets all the credit when something good happens. When something bad happens, god is “mysterious” and you just have to trust his “plan”.

This is the greatest scam of all time.
    It's completely real and for 10% of every dollar you make you'll go to heaven...if you don't just comeback and I'll give you double your money back

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    It's completely real and for 10% of every dollar you make you'll go to heaven...if you don't just comeback and I'll give you double your money back
    God’s word teaches us to not worship false idols like money yet God always wants our money...hmmm

Can’t God do whatever he wants? I mean, he is God isn’t he?

Why can’t churches just pray for good things to happen? Why do they need people’s money? Why don’t they just pray for Money to fall out of the sky? I mean, if people can live in whales and walk on water, making it rain Money should be easy.

Also, why weren’t Georgia players thanking God tonight? It’s just part of his plan...reward them last week only so they can lose tonight in gut wrenching fashion and be heartbroken tonight. God is obviously just testing them. They should bow down and thank him for it. They should thank him for the pain and agony he subjected them to tonight. They don’t understand and are crying now but God is “mysterious”.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

111 pages of people fighting back and forth. Crazy.

First ... 108109110111112113114 ... Last