maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    Because God gave everyone free will to make choices. He realizes jumping was a much less painful option than burning, not holding this type of suicide against them, & greeted them in Heaven upon impact.

If I was trapped in the wtc, would have went out in style with a 34.5 somersault in pike position due to my diving experience. Although it should be mandatory for employers to give employees working in high rises a parachute to keep in their office, this would have saved many lives if corporate America wasn't so greedy & really cared about their employees.
    Coo coo, coo coo, coo coo, coo coo, coo coo

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Free will is a myth.

I didn’t choose to be born. I didn’t choose where I was born, my genetics, my parents, etc.

God isn’t real but if he was, that means he created people and told them to spend their existence worshipping him or burn in hell.

That’s not free will. That’s an ultimatum. That’s not a loving God, that’s an asshole.

So yeah, go on thinking you have to worship an imaginary man in the sky or you’ll burn in Hell...and celebrate the idea that you have “free will”.

And what about “God’s plan”? How can free will coexist when God has a “special plan” for everything and knows what is going to happen?

If God is all knowing and already planned everything out then do you really have free will...aside from the obvious points I already brought up?

I understand religion is a form brainwashing and mind control so a lot of you can’t explain this and it probably just blew your mind.

Hell, a lot of you religious people probably won’t even think about it and you’ll go find some BS Bible verse to copy and paste thinking you made some point.....
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 12-30-17 at 01:43 AM.
    Points Awarded:

PittsburghPlayer gave BigDofBA 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ryanvick
    ryanvick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

I speak as someone who was born into a religion, then later had doubt, then later studied religion/philosophy and EE at a decent institution. I devour as much material and try to grasp as much understanding as possible on both sides. While I still struggle, the one thing that disappoints me consistently is both sides of the argument use a fair amount of short sightedness and incoherency. It's almost as bad, or rather is worse than people debating politics drawing only from their own perspective and referencing only view affirming points. This is, if anything, an issue for inquiry and debate and not lecturing/admonishing opposing viewpoints.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Free will is a myth.

I didn’t choose to be born. I didn’t choose where I was born, my genetics, my parents, etc.

God isn’t real but if he was, that means he created people and told them to spend their existence worshipping him or burn in hell.

That’s not free will. That’s an ultimatum. That’s not a loving God, that’s an asshole.

So yeah, go on thinking you have to worship an imaginary man in the sky or you’ll burn in Hell...and celebrate the idea that you have “free will”.

And what about “God’s plan”? How can free will coexist when God has a “special plan” for everything and knows what is going to happen?

If God is all knowing and already planned everything out then do you really have free will...aside from the obvious points I already brought up?

I understand religion is a form brainwashing and mind control so a lot of you can’t explain this and it probably just blew your mind.

Hell, a lot of you religious people probably won’t even think about it and you’ll go find some BS Bible verse to copy and paste thinking you made some point.....
    Well you might have some logical premise in your post, but I ask you this simple question & the answer helps me sleep at night. If your wrong about God’s entire existence, then yes you find yourself in the pits of a Hell Dungeon, but if I’m wrong we’re pretty much going to the same place wherever the f u c k that might be & we both won’t be suffering. I know there’s a lot of scripture in the Bible that doesn’t make sense & I have a shit load of questions my self. If not anything I have gained self knowledge on how to be a better human following certain things in the Bible that are good & Holy even though I’ve failed at many different commandments in my life, but the unconditional love, loyalty, kindness from any Bible study that may register helps me remain a better person roaming through this (non-created Earth from God as you believe).
    Last edited by BeatTheJerk; 12-30-17 at 06:40 AM.

BigDofBA

I have tried to study the Bible, Quran, and Torah.

There are thousands of religions. People are born into them for the most part.

How do you even know that you were born into the right religion?

All of these religious books were written by man.

Come on. Put the pieces together.

Have you ever seen a talking snake, a man walking on water, an 800 year old person or some one living in a whale? Of course not.

If this stuff happened back then, it would happen today. It wouldn’t just stop after the invention of the camera.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

The Eucharist alone -A complete abstinence from food for 13 years
    "On March 27, 1942 in a blaze of agony and adoring love, Alexandrina cried out to Jesus in the tabernacle of the nearby church, "Oh my Eucharistic Love, I cannot live without you! Oh Jesus, transform me into your Eucharist! Mother, my dearest Mother, I wish to be of Jesus, I wish to be entirely yours!"
    And deep within her soul she heard Jesus’ profound reply:

"You will not take food again on earth. Your food will be my Flesh; your blood will be my Divine Blood, your life will be my Life. You receive it from me when I unite my Heart to your heart. Do not fear, my daughter. You will not be crucified any more as in the past .... And now a new trial awaits you, which will be the most painful of all. But in the end I will carry you to Heaven and the Holy Mother will accompany you."

Thus on March 27, 1942 Blessed Alexandrina da Costa began an absolute fast which was to last more than thirteen years until her death, her sole nourishment being Holy Communion which she received with deep devotion every morning.

"For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him." (John 6:55-56)
    -Click here for more of The Eucharist alone; A complete fast from food in the lives of the Saints

BigDofBA

Why do you quote the Bible?

Why don’t you quote the Quran or Torah?

Is it because you were born into a country that is predominantly Christian?

You realize people quote different religious books all over the world. That doesn’t make it right.

maggiethebestdog

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    Well you might have some logical premise in your post, but I ask you this simple question & the answer helps me sleep at night. If your wrong about God’s entire existence, then yes you find yourself in the pits of a Hell Dungeon, but if I’m wrong we’re pretty much going to the same place wherever the f u c k that might be & we both won’t be suffering. I know there’s a lot of scripture in the Bible that doesn’t make sense & I have a shit load of questions my self. If not anything I have gained self knowledge on how to be a better human following certain things in the Bible that are good & Holy even though I’ve failed at many different commandments in my life, but the unconditional love, loyalty, kindness from any Bible study that may register helps me remain a better person roaming through this (non-created Earth from God as you believe).
    It is hilarious that you think anybody would need to read the Bible to understand what unconditional love or any other positive life lessons are

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    It is hilarious that you think anybody would need to read the Bible to understand what unconditional love or any other positive life lessons are
    The Bible has verses that talk about beating slaves, stoning women that aren’t virgins, and killing people that work on Sunday.

If you need to read that fictional book to obtain your morals, you’re a ****** up human being.

I love how people quote parts of the Bible and ignore other parts.

I can quote good passages out of the Quran. WTF does that prove? Nothing.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PittsburghPlayer

BeatTheJerk

Not NEED to, but it has worked for me & SOME of my family has shown me this to experience it & feel it.

BeatTheJerk

MAGGIE :

Where do you find your Unconditional love & life lessons from besides your parents ? Serious question I'm not mocking you as you did with my assessment.
    Last edited by BeatTheJerk; 12-30-17 at 02:30 PM.

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Free will is a myth.

Big D!!!

How are you man?

There is so much to explain to you on your post here but I am on my laptop with a broke comma and period button so I'll wait

Happy New Year!!

You do have free will

It's built in

You choose your road

God will lead you to the right one if you let Him

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post
    you should write your congressman about your parachute idea.
    I already wrote my Congressman Christopher Smith from Trenton, NJ. about it, he said it was a brilliant idea & they're definitely working on it.

bobbywaves

Free will is a myth.

Free will is obviously for the living, not the unborn. How can you say with a str8 face it's a myth?

Are you saying you don't have free will to make choices? You can't go into a church & shoot everyone if you want? You can't jerk off every day if you want? You can't attend church every Sunday if you want? You can't donate to charity every day if you want? Life is full of choices & consequences for your actions.

Come Judgement Day, you will be judged on the choices you made in life. Like another poster eluded to, if Catholics are wrong we're no worse off than Atheists & made our lives better due to our beliefs. What's wrong with that? If you're wrong, your soul will be in Hell for all eternity. If you want to continue playing Russian roulette with your soul, that's a choice God has enabled you to make. Good luck with that.

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

Waves, what is wrong with it is the self righteous bullshit.

maggiethebestdog

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    MAGGIE :

Where do you find your Unconditional love & life lessons from besides your parents ? Serious question I'm not mocking you as you did with my assessment.
    LOL
    I certainly never learned that stuff from my parents. When you live your life without the chains of a made up set of rules by a made up entity you learn things if you are mentally capable of it. Sometimes very slowly. It is how a man made world evolves. If there is some other power influencing it then that's fine, but there is not one shred of evidence to support that. I am fine being honest about it and saying I don't know and I am open to anything that has some sort of factual basis.

The Bible is a man written book. Any work of literature can teach lessons. Art as well. Some are based on fact, some fiction. I just know the difference.

BeatTheJerk

LOL
    I certainly never learned that stuff from my parents. When you live your life without the chains of a made up set of rules by a made up entity you learn things if you are mentally capable of it. Sometimes very slowly. It is how a man made world evolves. If there is some other power influencing it then that's fine, but there is not one shred of evidence to support that. I am fine being honest about it and saying I don't know and I am open to anything that has some sort of factual basis.

The Bible is a man written book. Any work of literature can teach lessons. Art as well. Some are based on fact, some fiction. I just know the difference.
    So you basically think the Bible is like some movie script ?

drthethird
    drthethird's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 884

Free will is a myth.

We all have ultimatum's to make.

- Go to work or not go to work
    - Listen to our Parents or not listen to our parents
    - Educated or be not educated

Your theory's weakness lies in thinking that we are equal to the creator, Jehovah. (I'm a sinner and although I study the Bible, I fail every day. I am as wicked as they come.)

So, let us imagine there is a person who is born into an extremely wealthy family but the Father believes in a set of rules. This person one day says "F it", I am doing things my way.

So the Father, says, "that is fine, but you will have no part of my wealth."

The person had an ultimatum.

The good part about our creator is grace. Not many if any of us deserve it. If I were the creator, I would have exterminated this whole thing a long time ago.

The only thing I can think of is this is a training ground. This is growing our souls, and we face daily tests.

BeatTheJerk

Quote Originally Posted by drthethird View Post

Your theory's weakness lies in thinking that we are equal to the creator, Jehovah. (I'm a sinner and although I study the Bible, I fail every day. I am as wicked as they come.)

So, let us imagine there is a person who is born into an extremely wealthy family but the Father believes in a set of rules. This person one day says "F it", I am doing things my way.

The good part about our creator is grace. Not many if any of us deserve it. If I were the creator, I would have exterminated this whole thing a long time ago.

The only thing I can think of is this is a training ground. This is growing our souls, and we face daily tests.
    That’s a pretty damn good analogy ! Can I pawn that ?

maggiethebestdog

LOL
    Man is born to hunt and crush anything in our way to get what we need. It is man who created love and grace, not a "creator". Kids need to be taught to share. It is fascinating to me you can give credit to some fake entity for something that is obviously man made.

maggiethebestdog

Animals show love towards family but no grace toward other animals. Through evolution man shows grace to others without self interest all the time. Carnivore wild animals still kill while domesticated animals do not. Anyone with a double digit IQ should be able to see this but when you are part of a cult you believe insanity.

PittsburghPlayer

I sped read Maggies shit above, from what I saw, he is correct

and Waves, that was not directed at you what I wrote earlier

it was directed at me and the rest of us

you fukkers rule!

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Points Awarded:

PittsburghPlayer gave RangeFinder 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29680

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by PittsburghPlayer View Post
    I sped read Maggies shit
    Don't blame you, I do the same with his crap posts.

and Waves, that was not directed at you what I wrote earlier

it was directed at me and the rest of us
    Figured that, since what I said was 100% accurate.

you fukkers rule!

PittsburghPlayer

Waves, you are a kunt, quoting me
    100% accurate self righteous bullshit
    Last edited by PittsburghPlayer; 01-02-18 at 12:42 AM.

MMXVII
    MMXVII's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2565

LOL
    Man is born to hunt and crush anything in our way to get what we need. It is man who created love and grace, not a "creator". Kids need to be taught to share. It is fascinating to me you can give credit to some fake entity for something that is obviously man made.
    What if God is bad ass old testament God?

jayfly
    jayfly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10713

As Rust Kohle put it so well:

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward then, brother, that person is a piece of shit. And I’d like to get as many of them out in the open as possible. You gotta get together and tell yourself stories that violate every law of the universe just to get through the goddamn day? What’s that say about your reality?"

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by PittsburghPlayer View Post
    Waves, you are a kunt, quoting me
    The broke dikk non pro is butt hurt from quoting & addressing him?

PittsburghPlayer

last edit:if we are fortunate in life,

we know and have faith in a God, have received and given love

that coupled with good health and cash

Life is a Ball !!

Last edited by PittsburghPlayer; 01-03-18 at 03:48 PM.

BigDofBA

I always find it funny that Christians think I’m crazy for not believing in a God.

Me: “So you believe the Bible to be the word of God?”

Christians: “Of course!”

Me: “Do you believe the Quran or Torah”

Christians: “Oh no, I don’t believe in Islam or Judaism. The teachings of the Bible are the only true way to know God.”

You can insert any religion in this conversation and all religions think they know it all and have the answers while disregarding other religions beliefs.

I’m like Christians. I don’t believe in Islam and 70 Virgins either. Only difference, I take it one god further.

What’s cool about being an atheist and separating yourself from the bullshit is that you can see the problems with all of the religions. The magic voodoo stuff you know isn’t real, the contradictions, the hypocrisy, etc. It’s really easy to figure it out when you see the Big picture and dissect each religion and find the problems.

When you’re born into a religion or you follow a certain religion because it’s predominant in your country, you lose unbiased and objective thinking.

It’s also really hard to think logically when you had it beaten into your head your entire life you’re going to burn for eternity if you don’t believe something. Likewise, the carrots these religions dangle like golden streets in heaven and virgins you get after death keep people wishing it were true.

I’m not trying to change anyone’s mind because I know that’s not possible. If someone was taught the world was flat their entire life and you showed them the earth they still wouldn’t believe you.

If someone is on the fence, I hope they use common sense and don’t fear the backlash from religious nuts. I feel like a lot of people are logical enough to know in their head that this shit is far fetched but they’re probably afraid to admit it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PittsburghPlayer

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14368

There are different paths to lead to one God . I heard that at one time .

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    There are different paths to lead to one God . I heard that at one time .
    How would anyone even know that?

Sounds like another thing someone made up to explain the unexplainable.

If there was a God, there would be one religion and it would make sense. God wouldn’t make so many different religions with different denominations. God wouldn’t make it confusing.

Truth is truth no matter where you are.

For example, 2+2=4 no matter where you are on the planet. 2+2 doesn’t equal 4 in America and 6 in Iraq.

Religion doesn’t follow that logic. You’re not right just because you were born into Christianity.

So I guess all the people in the world that guess the wrong religion or were born in the wrong country are going to hell and God is perfectly fine with that?

What’s even more funny is that America wasn’t even a country back when the uneducated humans made up the Bible yet we think we are hand picked by God as his chosen people lol. Muslims think the same thing in the Middle East.

Most logical conclusion, an invisible man doesn’t exist in another demension pulling strings outside of the large and infinite realm of space.

Speaking of space, why would God create all that and only put people on Earth? What a waste of time

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

I already wrote my Congressman Christopher Smith from Trenton, NJ. about it, he said it was a brilliant idea & they're definitely working on it.

Free will is obviously for the living, not the unborn. How can you say with a str8 face it's a myth?

Are you saying you don't have free will to make choices? You can't go into a church & shoot everyone if you want? You can't jerk off every day if you want? You can't attend church every Sunday if you want? You can't donate to charity every day if you want? Life is full of choices & consequences for your actions.

Come Judgement Day, you will be judged on the choices you made in life. Like another poster eluded to, if Catholics are wrong we're no worse off than Atheists & made our lives better due to our beliefs. What's wrong with that? If you're wrong, your soul will be in Hell for all eternity. If you want to continue playing Russian roulette with your soul, that's a choice God has enabled you to make. Good luck with that.

Don't blame you, I do the same with his crap posts.

Figured that, since what I said was 100% accurate.

The broke dikk non pro is butt hurt from quoting & addressing him?
    If your God is required to allow this jerk off into heaven, promptly show me to the downstairs escalator.

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

If there was a God, there would be one religion and it would make sense. God wouldn’t make so many different religions with different denominations. God wouldn’t make it confusing.

Truth is truth no matter where you are.

For example, 2+2=4 no matter where you are on the planet. 2+2 doesn’t equal 4 in America and 6 in Iraq.

Religion doesn’t follow that logic. You’re not right just because you were born into Christianity.

So I guess all the people in the world that guess the wrong religion or were born in the wrong country are going to hell and God is perfectly fine with that?
    There is only One God.... hope you are doing well d, happy new year.

Romans 11:11
    11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

“ through their fall (Israelites), salvation is come to the Gentiles (us) “ ... Same God but they are blinded in disbelief that the Messiah has come. Don’t let their fall be in vain people...

God bless
    Points Awarded:

PittsburghPlayer gave brainfreeze 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

First ... 107108109110111112113 ... Last