1. #3781
    rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-05-09
    Posts: 19,711
    Betpoints: 1806

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Basically with the Bible, or any other religious text, people cherry pick what they want to believe and ignore the horrible text or supernatural bullshit like talking snakes and 900 year old people.

    Also, why do people try to explain God to me like they have a complete understanding yet when a hurricane kills people and destroys lives, they can't explain why God let it happen....it turns into, "God works in mysterious ways". So basically you guys have full understanding of God until something in horrible in the world happens....yeah, ok.

    Finally, why did God have to sacrifice his son Jesus to forgive man for sin? Why not just forgive man? This entire story of your Christian God makes no sense.

    God is an all knowing and powerful creator of everything yet he can't stop bad things from happening. If he truly was a loving God, he would just have created everyone in heaven and skip this Earth thing. Even if the story wasn't bullshit, that just means God created you for the sole purpose of worshiping him. What an asshole.
    Did you ever hear of stories of people who got all of their affairs in order before they died? Told all their loved ones
    they loved them out of the blue before they died? Not people who have cancer and know their fate before hand, but
    of young healthy people full of life.

    When you come to earth, you know how violent it is and come anyway.

    Sorta like when Trump told that grieving widow he knew what he signed up for. That's the same coming to earth.

    When you come here, you pretty much know how and when you will die. Ever watch that show 1,000 ways to die?
    Some weird ass ways that's for sure.

    If you take away the horror of people dying and turn that horror into knowing that's how those people wanted to die,
    you will feel better about it. After seeing how people react after a tragedy shows how resilient we truly are.

  2. #3782
    RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-27-16
    Posts: 1,847
    Betpoints: 969

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Basically with the Bible, or any other religious text, people cherry pick what they want to believe and ignore the horrible text or supernatural bullshit like talking snakes and 900 year old people.

    Also, why do people try to explain God to me like they have a complete understanding yet when a hurricane kills people and destroys lives, they can't explain why God let it happen....it turns into, "God works in mysterious ways". So basically you guys have full understanding of God until something in horrible in the world happens....yeah, ok.

    Finally, why did God have to sacrifice his son Jesus to forgive man for sin? Why not just forgive man? This entire story of your Christian God makes no sense.

    God is an all knowing and powerful creator of everything yet he can't stop bad things from happening. If he truly was a loving God, he would just have created everyone in heaven and skip this Earth thing. Even if the story wasn't bullshit, that just means God created you for the sole purpose of worshiping him. What an asshole.
    You forgot the burning bush Big D

    The reason He gave his son is to take the place of the sacrificial lamb of the Old testament (Old law) and make way for man to enter heaven by accepting Him

    Your second question of why didn't he create us in heaven is because God wanted sons and daughters and not robots

    He basically created a family with unconditional love just like He has unconditional love and not push button love if you will

    He did not create us for the sole purpose of worshiping Him just like you wold not have kids for the sole purpose of worshiping you

    I understand your questions as most people have these same questions but they can be answered

    Take care man and I hope you increase your understanding

  3. #3783
    slapshot81
    Update your status
    slapshot81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-03-17
    Posts: 916

    u called

  4. #3784
    Auto Donk
    I'd like an uzi and bath salts, please
    Auto Donk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-03-13
    Posts: 22,298

    any word on God's finances, or is he still in desperate need of more cash????









    all knowing, creator of everything.... just can't seem to manage a checkbook.....

    i hope every fukker that ever collected a dime with the whole "God needs your money" premise, or that of "donate to God to ensure you're on the pathway to heaven" burns in hell......

    BTP
    Week 8
    3-2-0 138 pts

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  5. #3785
    rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-05-09
    Posts: 19,711
    Betpoints: 1806

    ^^^Word.

  6. #3786
    RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-27-16
    Posts: 1,847
    Betpoints: 969

    Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    any word on God's finances, or is he still in desperate need of more cash????









    all knowing, creator of everything.... just can't seem to manage a checkbook.....

    i hope every fukker that ever collected a dime with the whole "God needs your money" premise, or that of "donate to God to ensure you're on the pathway to heaven" burns in hell......
    It is sad that corruption does exist inside the church

    The answer is God does not need money

  7. #3787
    Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-15-09
    Posts: 21,645

    Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    The answer is God does not need money
    Neither do we.

  8. #3788
    RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-27-16
    Posts: 1,847
    Betpoints: 969

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Neither do we.
    Faith brother

  9. #3789
    RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-27-16
    Posts: 1,847
    Betpoints: 969


  10. #3790
    b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-24-11
    Posts: 1,428
    Betpoints: 19883

    BTP
    Week 9
    4-1-0 384 pts

    BTP
    Week 7
    3-2-0 158 pts


  11. #3791
    The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-25-11
    Posts: 19,841
    Betpoints: 53

    Come Sunday, there will be a lot of christians sitting in church pews asking the tough questions about gods existence. I have a feeling the lightbulb will go off for a few. Church attendance will be down worldwide by new years
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/09/2017


  12. #3792
    Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-15-09
    Posts: 21,645

    Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Come Sunday, there will be a lot of christians sitting in church pews asking the tough questions about gods existence. I have a feeling the lightbulb will go off for a few. Church attendance will be down worldwide by new years
    When the Son of man comes, will He find faith on the earth?” Luke 18:8
    Because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall grow cold.” Matthew 24:12
    that day shall not come except there come a falling away first.” 2 Thessalonians 2:3

    just more prophecy being fulfilled, Kraken.

  13. #3793
    rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-05-09
    Posts: 19,711
    Betpoints: 1806

    Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Come Sunday, there will be a lot of christians sitting in church pews asking the tough questions about gods existence. I have a feeling the lightbulb will go off for a few. Church attendance will be down worldwide by new years
    I'm guessing the opposite. Like islam, christians like dying for their god.

  14. #3794
    The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-25-11
    Posts: 19,841
    Betpoints: 53

    True story R, folks of belief like feeling persecuted

    Too bad those 26 weren't persecuted, had nothing to do with their religion, just wrong place at the wrong time

    Maybe they shoulda picked a better god
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/09/2017


  15. #3795
    RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-27-16
    Posts: 1,847
    Betpoints: 969

    Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Come Sunday, there will be a lot of christians sitting in church pews asking the tough questions about gods existence. I have a feeling the lightbulb will go off for a few. Church attendance will be down worldwide by new years
    Couldn't be farther from the truth. In fact, church attendance will increase and faith increases during time of sorrow and need. It's how we roll. Fight evil with good.

  16. #3796
    RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-27-16
    Posts: 1,847
    Betpoints: 969

    Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    True story R, folks of belief like feeling persecuted

    Too bad those 26 weren't persecuted, had nothing to do with their religion, just wrong place at the wrong time


    Maybe they shoulda picked a better god
    No, they picked the right God. They live in glory today because of it.

    I think you need to increase your understanding of God.

First ... 106107108109
Top