rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Basically with the Bible, or any other religious text, people cherry pick what they want to believe and ignore the horrible text or supernatural bullshit like talking snakes and 900 year old people.

Also, why do people try to explain God to me like they have a complete understanding yet when a hurricane kills people and destroys lives, they can't explain why God let it happen....it turns into, "God works in mysterious ways". So basically you guys have full understanding of God until something in horrible in the world happens....yeah, ok.

Finally, why did God have to sacrifice his son Jesus to forgive man for sin? Why not just forgive man? This entire story of your Christian God makes no sense.

God is an all knowing and powerful creator of everything yet he can't stop bad things from happening. If he truly was a loving God, he would just have created everyone in heaven and skip this Earth thing. Even if the story wasn't bullshit, that just means God created you for the sole purpose of worshiping him. What an asshole.
    Did you ever hear of stories of people who got all of their affairs in order before they died? Told all their loved ones
    they loved them out of the blue before they died? Not people who have cancer and know their fate before hand, but
    of young healthy people full of life.

When you come to earth, you know how violent it is and come anyway.

Sorta like when Trump told that grieving widow he knew what he signed up for. That's the same coming to earth.

When you come here, you pretty much know how and when you will die. Ever watch that show 1,000 ways to die?
    Some weird ass ways that's for sure.

If you take away the horror of people dying and turn that horror into knowing that's how those people wanted to die,
    you will feel better about it. After seeing how people react after a tragedy shows how resilient we truly are.

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Basically with the Bible, or any other religious text, people cherry pick what they want to believe and ignore the horrible text or supernatural bullshit like talking snakes and 900 year old people.

Also, why do people try to explain God to me like they have a complete understanding yet when a hurricane kills people and destroys lives, they can't explain why God let it happen....it turns into, "God works in mysterious ways". So basically you guys have full understanding of God until something in horrible in the world happens....yeah, ok.

Finally, why did God have to sacrifice his son Jesus to forgive man for sin? Why not just forgive man? This entire story of your Christian God makes no sense.

God is an all knowing and powerful creator of everything yet he can't stop bad things from happening. If he truly was a loving God, he would just have created everyone in heaven and skip this Earth thing. Even if the story wasn't bullshit, that just means God created you for the sole purpose of worshiping him. What an asshole.
    You forgot the burning bush Big D

The reason He gave his son is to take the place of the sacrificial lamb of the Old testament (Old law) and make way for man to enter heaven by accepting Him

Your second question of why didn't he create us in heaven is because God wanted sons and daughters and not robots

He basically created a family with unconditional love just like He has unconditional love and not push button love if you will

He did not create us for the sole purpose of worshiping Him just like you wold not have kids for the sole purpose of worshiping you

I understand your questions as most people have these same questions but they can be answered

Take care man and I hope you increase your understanding

slapshot81
    Update your status
    slapshot81's Avatar Become A Pro!

u called

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

any word on God's finances, or is he still in desperate need of more cash????

all knowing, creator of everything.... just can't seem to manage a checkbook.....

i hope every fukker that ever collected a dime with the whole "God needs your money" premise, or that of "donate to God to ensure you're on the pathway to heaven" burns in hell......

rkelly110

^^^Word.

RangeFinder

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    any word on God's finances, or is he still in desperate need of more cash????

all knowing, creator of everything.... just can't seem to manage a checkbook.....

i hope every fukker that ever collected a dime with the whole "God needs your money" premise, or that of "donate to God to ensure you're on the pathway to heaven" burns in hell......
    It is sad that corruption does exist inside the church

The answer is God does not need money

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    The answer is God does not need money
    Neither do we.

RangeFinder

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Neither do we.
    Faith brother

RangeFinder

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29680

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Come Sunday, there will be a lot of christians sitting in church pews asking the tough questions about gods existence. I have a feeling the lightbulb will go off for a few. Church attendance will be down worldwide by new years

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Come Sunday, there will be a lot of christians sitting in church pews asking the tough questions about gods existence. I have a feeling the lightbulb will go off for a few. Church attendance will be down worldwide by new years
    When the Son of man comes, will He find faith on the earth?” Luke 18:8
    Because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall grow cold.” Matthew 24:12
    that day shall not come except there come a falling away first.” 2 Thessalonians 2:3

just more prophecy being fulfilled, Kraken.

rkelly110

I'm guessing the opposite. Like islam, christians like dying for their god.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

True story R, folks of belief like feeling persecuted

Too bad those 26 weren't persecuted, had nothing to do with their religion, just wrong place at the wrong time

Maybe they shoulda picked a better god

RangeFinder

Couldn't be farther from the truth. In fact, church attendance will increase and faith increases during time of sorrow and need. It's how we roll. Fight evil with good.

RangeFinder

True story R, folks of belief like feeling persecuted

Too bad those 26 weren't persecuted, had nothing to do with their religion, just wrong place at the wrong time

Maybe they shoulda picked a better god
    No, they picked the right God. They live in glory today because of it.

I think you need to increase your understanding of God.

RangeFinder

Bump. It's Christmas season, why not.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14356

Everytime you hear a bell, an angel gets his wings.

RangeFinder

This thread should never die

Merry Christmas everyone

This is not a Christmas song but one of the most beautifully sung songs I've ever heard sang

Just listen and reflect on your life and God will respond and lead

Enjoy

Last edited by RangeFinder; 12-22-17 at 11:37 PM.
    Points Awarded:

PittsburghPlayer gave RangeFinder 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

brainfreeze gave RangeFinder 98 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Bostongambler

Merry Christmas everyone

This is not a Christmas song but one of the most beautifully sung songs I've ever heard sang

Enjoy

Awesome Range

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

Thank you God

you are a good dude
    a little twisted like most of us
    but still a good dude!

Thanks

PittsburghPlayer

in my home laughing at those that say/write that they honor their Lord
    Last edited by PittsburghPlayer; 12-23-17 at 10:35 PM.

PittsburghPlayer

um, nevermind
    Last edited by PittsburghPlayer; 12-23-17 at 10:34 PM.

rkelly110

Where is Brain freeze? Hope he's OK.

Happy holidays everyone no matter which God you worship or not.

RangeFinder

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post

Wondered that myself

Merry Christmas man
    Points Awarded:

brainfreeze gave RangeFinder 100 Betpoint(s) for this post.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

God..why did u let people jump from wtc to be non existent upon impact...crazy shit

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    God..why did u let people jump from wtc to be non existent upon impact...crazy shit
    Because God gave everyone free will to make choices. He realizes jumping was a much less painful option than burning, not holding this type of suicide against them, & greeted them in Heaven upon impact.

If I was trapped in the wtc, would have went out in style with a 34.5 somersault in pike position due to my diving experience. Although it should be mandatory for employers to give employees working in high rises a parachute to keep in their office, this would have saved many lives if corporate America wasn't so greedy & really cared about their employees.

PittsburghPlayer

watching midnight mass

it is nice that for a few hours a year, almost all of us get along

wonder if that is what "United" means in the United States thing?

United in God right?

Evil Alert: *worldwide, 20 families every minute being forcibly removed from their homes*

bombs to move (kill) those families provided by ???

shit hole this place truly is when you count tears instead of cash
    Last edited by PittsburghPlayer; 12-25-17 at 03:59 AM.

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post

Wondered that myself

Merry Christmas man
    All is well guys, I said I was backing away some time ago ... I do check in here from time to time to see what’s going on. I just don’t have anything else to say, if someone made it to a cross road in life, find a pastor. Don’t come here for sermons, go find a church is my advice.

I love all of you and hope you make the right decsions... life is to important and eternity is a long time.

Have a Blessed Christmas and a Awesome New Year!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PittsburghPlayer, and rkelly110

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Merry Christmas everyone

Enjoy

Beautiful song ... thanks for posting this rangeFinder, blessings and love to you bro.. Merry Christmas

Bostongambler

Great rendition

PittsburghPlayer

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/upcoming

Schedule for December 25, 2017 - December 29, 2017

Modern Spirituality

Monday - December 25, 2017
    Hosted by George Noory
    Guest(s): Ptolemy Tompkins, Karen Anderson
    First Half: Author specializing in religion, spirituality, and culture, Ptolemy Tompkins, will discuss why in the midst of this darkness there are reasons for optimism and why this time, right now, is the best moment
    in perhaps all of history.

Planet X
    incoming gentlemen, the missing piece of the puzzle/the Books of the Bible not revealed to the Masses

I just do not see us being here for a 2020 election, but there are of course
    "Reasons for Optimism"
    Last edited by PittsburghPlayer; 12-25-17 at 09:11 AM.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

I'm talking about the etc getting hit by planes...not the options of falling from etc. I believe in busty girls with lovely feet. If u want to believe in the tooth fairy

RangeFinder

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    I'm talking about the etc getting hit by planes...not the options of falling from etc. I believe in busty girls with lovely feet. If u want to believe in the tooth fairy
    Tooth fairy?

We're talking about the Creator of all things

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29680

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    Because God gave everyone free will to make choices. He realizes jumping was a much less painful option than burning, not holding this type of suicide against them, & greeted them in Heaven upon impact.

If I was trapped in the wtc, would have went out in style with a 34.5 somersault in pike position due to my diving experience. Although it should be mandatory for employers to give employees working in high rises a parachute to keep in their office, this would have saved many lives if corporate America wasn't so greedy & really cared about their employees.
    The religious flaw of convenient interpretation rears its head again. Suicide is suicide. It doesn't matter whether you jump from a building, blow your brains out with a shotgun or strap a bomb to yourself. By definition it's still suicide: the act or an instance of taking one's own life voluntarily and intentionally. As for "a much less painful option"...isn't that usually why people commit suicide in the first place? They come to the realization (no matter how wrong it is) that it would be "a much less painful option" than to go on living. The jumpers obviously lost all faith that there was even a glimmer of hope that they might be rescued and chose suicide. I'm sure those that believed in a textbook-bible version of god prayed to be saved, but were not. What a let down in a pivotal moment.

Also, you should write your congressman about your parachute idea.
    Last edited by b1slickguy; 12-28-17 at 11:23 PM.

First ... 106107108109110111112 ... Last