rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Those who say prayer doesn't work, worked for me last night. Laying in bed, couldn't sleep, thinking of some
    weird evil shit. I said Lord, cast out the devil.........slept like a baby. Tried testing, trying to think evil and nothing
    would come to mind.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post
    So solid it had to have books removed on several occasions?
    There were no books "removed" from the Holy Bible until Martin Luther.
    All the various books were individual and not compiled into a compendium
    we call the Bible without agreement. Feel free to provide your purported examples
    of books which were "removed" and I will disprove your claim.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Those who say prayer doesn't work, worked for me last night. Laying in bed, couldn't sleep, thinking of some
    weird evil shit. I said Lord, cast out the devil.........slept like a baby. Tried testing, trying to think evil and nothing
    would come to mind.
    Cool. Pray tonight to end the thoughtless killing of innocent children all over the world that occurs every minute. I would love it if simply praying could solve world issues. Trust me.

To anyone just joining, Brainfreeze and RangeFinder are good people. Just because I have different beliefs doesn’t change that.

I actually like the discussion. They have brought up some good points that have allowed me to strengthening my case for Atheism.

rkelly110

There were no atheists in fox holes.

There were no atheists in those towers on 9-11.

There were no atheists during that shooting in Las Vegas.

Probably no atheists during those hurricanes.

Atheists are atheist when there is no tragedy. When your life is on the line, all of a sudden there is a god.
    I find that hypocritical.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: toddsclowns

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29672

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    There were no books "removed" from the Holy Bible until Martin Luther.
    All the various books were individual and not compiled into a compendium
    we call the Bible without agreement. Feel free to provide your purported examples
    of books which were "removed" and I will disprove your claim.
    Then how is the new testament "solid since the 1st century" without the agreement of what it precisely consisted of?

I stand corrected on the removal of books part. Books were removed in the Luther era. However, changes were made hundreds of years earlier. At the council of Nicaea verses were changed, some verses eliminated and some specifics were redefined by vote under Constantine's council in the 4th century. This was an emperor, leader of a government, meddling with of one of the people's options of faith. These men voted and set arbitrary (not using the actual) times/dates for when easter and the birth of Jesus were celebrated. In addition, the day of worship was changed from Saturday to Sunday, again by vote. This was supposedly the word of their god written by divinely inspired authors they were tinkering with. The changing the bible was done for their own specific purpose to tell the story the way they (emperor and bishops) wanted it told and practiced. I disagree with you that the new testament is solid since the 1st century due to the changes (and interpretations they felt necessary to change) to advance their post-pagan Roman empire agenda, as well as the removal of several books later in history.

Snowball

b1slickguy, from what you've said, it's easy to see that your perception of events of
    history and the Christian religion has been shaped by disinformation. The agenda to
    discredit Christianity and especially the Catholic Church is a characteristic of recent times,
    most evident on the internet, wikipedia, and in agenda-driven publishing houses.

I am encouraged that you are willing to "stand corrected". That is a dying trait which
    suggests you are open to further learning and do seek to understand the truth of
    history and Christianity. If I recommended books for you to read, would you read them ?
    I do not mean to denigrate your ability to reach a stronger understanding of what actually
    transpired in history, it is because I see how badly your perception has been dirtied and clouded
    by intentional lies and misrepresentations that I hope you would be concerned about that.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

you can thank kermit for this.....

if he hadn't put up some family guy vid slammin' asians, I wouldn't have wasted ten minutes watching it.....;

BigDofBA

Atheists are atheist when there is no tragedy. When your life is on the line, all of a sudden there is a god.
    Everything you said is wrong. I guarantee you there were Athiests in fox holes, Vegas, etc.

Reality is the opposite of what you said bud. If praying to God is sufficient, then why do Christians goto the Doctor, call the police, etc.?

Why not just sit around and pray for things to get better? I guarantee you some of the doctors you’re going to are atheists.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 10-28-17 at 08:38 PM.

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Everything you said is wrong. I guarantee you there were Athiests in fox holes, Vegas, etc.

Reality is the opposite of what you said bud. If praying to God is sufficient, then why do Christians goto the Doctor, call the police, etc.?

Why not just sit around and pray for things to get better? I guarantee you some of the doctors you’re going to are atheists.
    Woa now brother

The reason there are police fireman doctors and more is because God has given freedom to mankind

HE will not intervene in the way you and I would because of the fact there is a much bigger picture if you will

So we live in a broken and stressed out world and GOD will not change every bad situation down here but does in fact intervene in ways that man does not understand due to the lack of understanding

Did I make sense typing that? Didn't think so but that's the truth

We need a song Big D

RangeFinder

Song, Big D

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Freeze... how many posters in this thread are going to hell for not believing?

Chipup
    Chipup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Big, I take it you didn't read my post on free will pal. Go back and read. And if that doesn't explain it well enough, look at it this way. Why would a All mighty being come to fix a common cold or a small fire? When they know we are perfectly capable of doing that ourselves? Would you like the idea of God feeling your helpless like a child ? That you need everything done from you because your inept?

Snowball

Do you want to listen ?

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=fr.+spitze...&t=ffsb&ia=web

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

God lol.

RangeFinder

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    God lol.
    I wouldn't lol too long

You better take a long look

Nitrogen
    Chasing
    Nitrogen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 401

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    I wouldn't lol too long

You better take a long look
    Salvation through threats.

RangeFinder

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrogen View Post
    Salvation through threats.
    That wasn't a threat

A suggestion and a good one
    Points Awarded:

brainfreeze gave RangeFinder 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

They have brought up some good points that have allowed me to strengthening my case for Atheism.
    All of the good points made weaken your case for Atheism.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by Chipup View Post
    Big, I take it you didn't read my post on free will pal. Go back and read. And if that doesn't explain it well enough, look at it this way. Why would a All mighty being come to fix a common cold or a small fire? When they know we are perfectly capable of doing that ourselves? Would you like the idea of God feeling your helpless like a child ? That you need everything done from you because your inept?
    I’ll try to find it. I must have missed it. Thanks.

Also, free will doesn’t exist with religion. Did you choose to be born? Did you choose your hair color, eye color, race, sex, parents, or where you were born?

Religion is an ultimatum. Do this or goto hell. Free will is choosing not to play the game. Therefore, the concept of free will and religion are incompatible. Basically you’re saying God created you for the sole purpose of worshipping him and if you don’t do it, you’ll burn in Hell.....WTF. And we’re supposed to love God for that plan? Your God seems like a narcissist.

As for your other point...Apparently God helps Russell Wilson and Dabo Sweeney win football games...why wouldn’t he help put out a fire?

You do realize that technology, doctors, etc. didn’t always exist and people died right?

Thousands of years ago people didn’t have medicine and technology. They simply prayed to God and died. Today people use technology and science and live.

Christians believe in prayer unless they’re sick. Then they rely on man, science, medicine, and technology. Funny how that works...
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 10-30-17 at 12:09 PM.

RangeFinder

I’ll try to find it. I must have missed it. Thanks.

Also, free will doesn’t exist with religion. Did you choose to be born? Did you choose your hair color, eye color, race, sex, parents, or where you were born?

Religion is an ultimatum. Do this or goto hell. Free will is choosing not to play the game. Therefore, the concept of free will and religion are incompatible. Basically you’re saying God created you for the sole purpose of worshipping him and if you don’t do it, you’ll burn in Hell.....WTF. And we’re supposed to love God for that plan? Your God seems like a narcissist.

As for your other point...Apparently God helps Russell Wilson and Dabo Sweeney win football games...why wouldn’t he help put out a fire?

You do realize that technology, doctors, etc. didn’t always exist and people died right?

Thousands of years ago people didn’t have medicine and technology. They simply prayed to God and died. Today people use technology and science and live.

Christians believe in prayer unless they’re sick. Then they rely on man, science, medicine, and technology. Funny how that works...
    Big D

I see where you're going but realize that God created everything, from technology, you, me, doctors I mean everything. God creates people to have a purpose, like doctors. Ever had a doctor walk in and tell you they need to do a biopsy on something? Scary man. I start talking to God. He listens. He comforts.

Sounds out there but it's the truth.

Now why are we arguing? Lol

BigDofBA

Big D

I see where you're going but realize that God created everything, from technology, you, me, doctors I mean everything. God creates people to have a purpose, like doctors. Ever had a doctor walk in and tell you they need to do a biopsy on something? Scary man. I start talking to God. He listens. He comforts.

Sounds out there but it's the truth.

Now why are we arguing? Lol
    It’s just a discussion. It’s nothing personal.

I’m glad you at least see where I’m coming from. It’s ok for us to disagree.

Onto the discussion, if God created everything, then he created natural disasters, disease, pain, suffering, and death. He created hell or didn’t prevent it from being created.

Why not just create everyone in heaven to begin with? That would be a characteristic of a truly loving God.

Creating people for the sole purpose of worshipping him, all the while knowing that most people will burn in Hell as a result of his “plan”, seems pretty sadistic and cruel if you ask me. And we’re supposed to thank him for this plan?

As for the doctors that god “created”, why did he wait thousands of years to advance mankind to the point that they could stop common disease?

People thousands of years ago died from very simple diseases because they didn’t have the medicine or technology yet....and don’t forget, God created this disease since he created everything.

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

You keep going about this fox hole deal and since recon won't rectify, I will. What he's saying is, no one is fighting and willing to die for nothing... IT'S VAIN and ignorant to fight for nothing other than GOD and country. Period

RangeFinder

It’s just a discussion. It’s nothing personal.

I’m glad you at least see where I’m coming from. It’s ok for us to disagree.

Onto the discussion, if God created everything, then he created natural disasters, disease, pain, suffering, and death. He created hell or didn’t prevent it from being created.

Why not just create everyone in heaven to begin with? That would be a characteristic of a truly loving God.

Creating people for the sole purpose of worshipping him, all the while knowing that most people will burn in Hell as a result of his “plan”, seems pretty sadistic and cruel if you ask me. And we’re supposed to thank him for this plan?

As for the doctors that god “created”, why did he wait thousands of years to advance mankind to the point that they could stop common disease?

People thousands of years ago died from very simple diseases because they didn’t have the medicine or technology yet....and don’t forget, God created this disease since he created everything.
    Understand that we live in a broken world since Adam and Eve

That's where it started

The reason God created us on earth is He doesn't want robots as he wants His people to love Him without condition the way He loves us without condition

He created us to become His family just like your children and family members are your family as they love you un conditionaly

So in essence we are royalty in heaven when we get there

Even higher than angels

As far as doctors in early times yes there were deadly diseases but some were actually plagues that the Old Testament speaks of for mans disobedience which is a whole discussion in itself

I try to keep it simple because to get into deep theology just confuses a lot of people so I try to explain without quoting a lot of scripture which I could do but that's a lot of cut and pasting lol

Trust that what I say is in scripture

Sorry about the bad grammar Big D as I spilled coffee on my laptop a month ago and my period and comma keys don't work

Take care

BigDofBA

I respect your posts. Thanks for being patient and discussing.

If God created us to be his family, why didn’t he just skip the earth part? Why not just create everyone in heaven to begin with? Why create us knowing that over 90% are going to burn in Hell?

So you believe the story of Adam and Eve because it’s in the Bible? Do you believe in talking snakes, people living in whales, and 900 year old people?

Do you think the Quran is fiction?

What I’m getting at is this. Why should anyone believe the Bible over any other religious text?

There are thousands of religions with different denominations. How did you settle on Christianity? How do you know it’s right?

RangeFinder

I respect your posts. Thanks for being patient and discussing.

If God created us to be his family, why didn’t he just skip the earth part? Why not just create everyone in heaven to begin with? Why create us knowing that over 90% are going to burn in Hell?

So you believe the story of Adam and Eve because it’s in the Bible? Do you believe in talking snakes, people living in whales, and 900 year old people?

Do you think the Quran is fiction?

What I’m getting at is this. Why should anyone believe the Bible over any other religious text?

There are thousands of religions with different denominations. How did you settle on Christianity? How do you know it’s right?
    I believe the bible is right Big D for several reasons

The historical reference it provides is rock solid more than any other book ever written

The eyewitness accounts of what took place over the course of time is rock solid

Do I believe the Quran is fiction? I don't however I do not believe it is the inspired word of God

You hear people say all the time that without religion the world would be a better place which I agree because God is not religion

I believe getting God right is the key to living an eternal life and man can only find that through scripture in the bible and becoming "Born again"

So in a nutshell yes I believe what the bible says

We need another song here Big D as this tying on this laptop is horrible
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: brainfreeze

RangeFinder

Song Big D

Points Awarded:

brainfreeze gave RangeFinder 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

hawkeye 16
    Update your status
    hawkeye 16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10404

Just came across this. Not a topic I would necessarily expect from a bunch of gamblers. My two cents (probably worth a penny). I've had many, many experiences that can't be explained. Plus others that well, you just get that feeling. Ones that no amount of math or number crunching could ever explain. I don't understand why innocent people have to die. I've known too many. It hardens your heart sometimes. However, I do think that there is something. You can call it God or whatever you want. I choose to call it God, and hopefully I can ask him about it when I meet him.
    Last edited by hawkeye 16; 10-30-17 at 10:49 PM.

rkelly110

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    You keep going about this fox hole deal and since recon won't rectify, I will. What he's saying is, no one is fighting and willing to die for nothing... IT'S VAIN and ignorant to fight for nothing other than GOD and country. Period
    I think recon went on a recon mission. AWAL

Fox hole thing is just a saying. If anyone is in a situation where they can see it coming and are scared shitless, they
    will find god. Any god.

Atheists put in that situation, I believe, will call out to god.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Song Big D

Mannn ... you are bringing me back to school with this one ..

good song

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye 16 View Post
    You can call it God or whatever you want. I choose to call it God, and hopefully I can ask him about it when I meet him.
    He is God but the only way to the Father is through the Son... Christ Jesus, He loves His Son.. He loves the world as well. He sacrificed His only Son earthly life for all of our rotten sins and mess ups. He will continue to, His love is like no other ... I mean absolutely nothing like anything you will ever feel from anywhere else. A mothers & wife love is good... but His is Great.. He is worthy of praise, let's do so correctly (in the name of Jesus)

Study His Words let them sink in to your heart. He will reveal that He Is .. the I AM.

God bless
    Last edited by brainfreeze; 10-31-17 at 02:43 PM.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Freeze... how many posters in this thread are going to hell for not believing?
    I don't want to think about people going to hell money, I was surely destined and rerouted ... I still mess up. I'm trying to get my life %100 right with Him. He wants us all with hope and happiness.. People that are in disbelief are just messing up. It's not like they are knowledgeable and conscience of Him and rejecting Him and fighting for lucifer .. that would be a different story... but He is a forgiving God and He understands us like wifi man... He has the signal... We just have to have little little faith (trust) like a mustard seed that He will make us whole and right and show us the way ... He will indeed.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

He gave us dominion over everything on the planet. He gave us the sun, moon, planets & stars. He gave us every animal. He gave us trees, plants, fruits, and water. He gave design, intelligence, imagination, creativity. He gave us everything. He didn't " just " design us for worship. He made beautiful Angels with different classifications for that. The problem is ... you don't know Him and because of that you are going in circles . You have preconceived notions that keep your heart occupied from opening the Bible and finding the truth. You will never find the truth until your thoughts stop drowning out sound advice to get you to the truth.

Until then, every1 in the thread is stuck hearing your idea of " His plan " ...
    Last edited by brainfreeze; 11-03-17 at 02:22 AM.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

brainfreeze, u and god settle down in here tonight
    im tryin to enjoy my drugs and alcohol and gambling on poker
    have a good night my nikka, juz do it quietly

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    , , juz do it quietly
    He is very real fidel, I'm telling you man .. " even the demons believe and tremble ". Put down the drugs and all this junk you are hurting yourself with. Pick up your Bible and pray to Jesus ... eat some real manna.

still praying for you fidel. Have a good night.
    Last edited by brainfreeze; 11-03-17 at 02:57 AM.

BigDofBA

Basically with the Bible, or any other religious text, people cherry pick what they want to believe and ignore the horrible text or supernatural bullshit like talking snakes and 900 year old people.

Also, why do people try to explain God to me like they have a complete understanding yet when a hurricane kills people and destroys lives, they can't explain why God let it happen....it turns into, "God works in mysterious ways". So basically you guys have full understanding of God until something in horrible in the world happens....yeah, ok.

Finally, why did God have to sacrifice his son Jesus to forgive man for sin? Why not just forgive man? This entire story of your Christian God makes no sense.

God is an all knowing and powerful creator of everything yet he can't stop bad things from happening. If he truly was a loving God, he would just have created everyone in heaven and skip this Earth thing. Even if the story wasn't bullshit, that just means God created you for the sole purpose of worshiping him. What an asshole.

First ... 105106107108109110111 ... Last