BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    If God has to convince, where does our value lie? He would hope you seek with pure intentions and motives. What " religion " sounds right to us? Does buddah and " self " appeal to us? Does the ways of muhammad or his family appeal, or how about the Jews who didn't except what was true ... stop being so concerned with everything and everybody ... what speaks to OUR heart? What sounds right and true? If I lay a measure and and square I can find a true foundation, because it's true every time all the time ...

don't worry what 7.5 billion other people do .... we have to worry about ourselves first. Do the Ten Commandments sound right and true ? Do the Words of Christ make sense? If not, and it sounds confusing pray for better understanding but we can never say .. Jesus didn't leave us anything but pure Words of life for us.

ITS REAL D .... TAKE MY WORD MAN, and get found in His love I don't know what else to say bro, I'm here for you, all of you, I'm not Jesus, BUT I KNOW HIM ... and He loves you guys THIS IS THE TRUTH

Read the gospel and read romans 6,7, & 8 what Paul was talking about ... I don't do this because I'm bored bro, I do it because I have love for you, and want to see you complete, its to important. btw something strange happened to me recently ... in real time, a few on the forum know I just haven't posted it yet ... and my mom is still making grown men cry, telling them about their folks that are no longer..

DOES THIS SOUND LIKE A JOKE or means to debate and convince ? .... figure it out bro, love to you
    I sought out several religions and none of them made sense. If you actually read the texts there are a lot of contradictions and horrible verses like stoning gays and women that aren’t virgins. Plus I don’t believe in talking snakes and 900 year old people. We have already been over that though.

You still haven’t answered my question on why you settled on Christianity.

Did you seek out other religions or did you just pick christianiry bc its trendy in our Country?

How do you know you’re right? Because you “believe it”?

I’m pretty sure all religious people believe in their Gods too.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 10-21-17 at 07:17 PM.

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

It's a song about people who are questioning

I'll try another up lifting one

Points Awarded:

brainfreeze gave RangeFinder 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I sought out several religions and none of them made sense. If you actually read the texts there are a lot of contradictions and horrible verses like stoning gays and women that aren’t virgins. Plus I don’t believe in talking snakes and 900 year old people. We have already been over that though.

You still haven’t answered my question on why you settled on Christianity.

Did you seek out other religions or did you just pick christianiry bc its trendy in our Country?

How do you know your right? Because you “believe it”?

I’m pretty sure all religious people believe in their Gods too.
    Stoning gays WAS BY THE LAW ... it's wrong d, do you understand that? God didn't make man for man, it's wrong, period. How harsh some of the consequences sounds albeit doesn't make it anymore right. Talking snakes uh? ... I just recently had a demon or satan just talk to me through a tv that was OFF ... and I'm just not going into that right now .. as I said the Bible quotes " he/satan can mascarade as a ball of light "

as for " settling " on Christianity .. I searched it out d, I understand history and man, and mans lies to cover up God. I understand how big and real all this is, and the powers aren't gonna show you bro, THE WORLD DOESNT WANT YOU ANYWHERE but with them, the worlds going to hell.

i prayed d, I've seeked diligently, IVE REWRITTEN THE BIBLE , and never gave up seeking.. I knew my life was crap. I knew all my friends morals were trash, I knew right .. and I know wrong.. it's in my heart, as it is yours .. as it's written in the law and in His Words and fulfilled by Jesus.

Now, if you were smart you would take what I've said into consideration and SEEK HIM instead of copying and pasting nonsense in here that's not only hurting yourself but others and a complete waste of time, or you could get somewhere ... to do an about face turn and go the other way isn't a bad thing if it's the right thing to do..

yes they do , mostly because of traditions of men, and their families, that's why they believe what they believe ..I like you, had to find for myself " my dad's catholic, i ain't " ... My dads also a compulsive gambler, I don't know his fate, I'm not the discerner of his heart, BUT he does know Jesus, he has that going.. shrugs THINK FOR YOURSELF

still praying for you... onward

BigDofBA

Muslims blow themselves up and kill people because they believe in their religion. Does that make Muslims right?

If I read a book or watch a documentary that was made by a Christian, that isn’t proof.

Likewise, if I listen to a song sang by a Christian, that isn’t proof either.

Muslims sing songs too.

BigDofBA

Stoning gays WAS BY THE LAW ... it's wrong d, do you understand that? God didn't make man for man, it's wrong, period. How harsh some of the consequences sounds albeit doesn't make it anymore right. Talking snakes uh? ... I just recently had a demon or satan just talk to me through a tv that was OFF ... and I'm just not going into that right now .. as I said the Bible quotes " he/satan can mascarade as a ball of light "

as for " settling " on Christianity .. I searched it out d, I understand history and man, and mans lies to cover up God. I understand how big and real all this is, and the powers aren't gonna show you bro, THE WORLD DONT WANT YOU ANYWHERE but with them, the worlds going to hell.

i prayed d, I've seeked diligently, IVE REWRITTEN THE BIBLE , and never gave up seeking.. I knew my life was crap. I knew all my friends morals were trash, I knew right .. and I know wrong.. it's in my heart, as it is yours .. as it's written in the law and in His Words and fulfilled by Jesus.

Now, if you were smart you would take what I've said into consideration and SEEK HIM instead of copying and pasting nonsense in here that's not only hurting yourself but others and a complete waste of time, or you could get somewhere ... to do an about face turn and go the other way isn't a bad thing if it's the right thing to do..

yes they do , mostly because of traditions of men, and their families, that's why they believe what they believe ..I like you, had to find for myself " my dad's catholic, i ain't " ... My dads also a compulsive gambler, I don't know his fate, I'm not the discerner of his heart, BUT he does know Jesus, he has that going.. shrugs THINK FOR YOURSELF

still praying for you... onward
    Thanks for trying to explain. I don’t agree but I’m not going to rip into you.

I am at peace and have accepted reality. I spend each day doing what is most important.

I only come here and ask questions in hope that some people can see the light.

It’s ok to question religion. People don’t need to live in fear. I just want to free people from the mind control that is religion.

It’s sad people will waste their life worshipping things that don’t exist, all in hope of living some eternal life. Enjoy what you know you have.

I have everything to live for and nothing to die for.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    It's a song about people who are questioning

I'll try another up lifting one

Like this one

RocketMan$$$
    RocketMan$$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 762

Oragnized Religion ruined alot. I stay spirtual all to myself

RangeFinder

Muslims blow themselves up and kill people because they believe in their religion. Does that make Muslims right?

If I read a book or watch a documentary that was made by a Christian, that isn’t proof.

Likewise, if I listen to a song sang by a Christian, that isn’t proof either.

Muslims sing songs too.
    Big D I was just trying to relax the atmosphere

Sometimes arguing doesn't go anywhere so I just try take it to another place

Feel free to post some music man

brainfreeze
    Meaning

I am at peace and have accepted reality. I spend each day doing what is most important.

It’s ok to question religion. People don’t need to live in fear. I just want to free people from the mind control that is religion.

It’s sad people will waste their life worshipping things that don’t exist, all in hope of living some eternal life. Enjoy what you know you have.

Sad, I'm not going to rip into you either... feel bad for you, truly... don't know what you are missing and will miss... shrugs, what can I do... cheers, love to you d

BigDofBA

Big D I was just trying to relax the atmosphere

Sometimes arguing doesn't go anywhere so I just try take it to another place

Feel free to post some music man
    I’m not angry toward anyone. It’s all good.

We’re just discussing different beliefs.

Stoning women that aren’t virgins is also law as is killing people that work on Sunday’s.

Brainfreeze, why don’t you carry out your God’s law then?
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 10-21-17 at 07:44 PM.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Stoning women that aren’t virgins is also law as is killing people that work on Sunday’s.

Brainfreeze, why don’t you carry it your God’s law then?
    I went over the law for like the last five pages, I'm kinda done with that for now ... moving on and you relating someone committing a horrendous act along with their suicide as " why aren't they right " ? Is absurd ... done for now

BigDofBA

I went over the law for like the last five pages, I'm kinda done with that for now ... moving on and you relating someone committing a horrendous act along with their suicide as " why aren't they right " ? Is absurd ... done for now
    To you it’s absurd.

I bet they think talking snakes and 900 year old people are absurd. So you’re cool with stoning hays and women but suicide for a God is drawing the line?

That’s my point. You’re essentially saying other religions are absurd. It’s really not any different than me saying Christianity is absurd.

You’re an atheist with regards to all religions but Christianity. I just take it one God further.

Your religion is no more correct than any other religion.

I’m not surprised you’re “done”. Take care.

RangeFinder

Brainfreeze, why don’t you carry out your God’s law then?
    Are you talking Old Testament?

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

You are kicking your own ass.

You come in here searching for answers when you aren't doing the work. Sounds like you want to worship something,
    but don't know what.

You don't have to believe in any god or religion. If we had more people like you, the world would be a better place.
    You can live your life religion free, that's your choice.

Jesus said, he who believes in me will have everlasting life. I did my work. I explored beyond his words and found
    what he said is right. There is a life beyond here and from what I hear through 1st hand accounts, it's an awesome
    place.

Most religions preach of a heaven. Even those before Christ preached of an afterlife. You can pick whatever you chose
    to worship or not.

The common denominator is, there is a heaven. Except that and you will have peace.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    You are kicking your own ass.

You come in here searching for answers when you aren't doing the work. Sounds like you want to worship something,
    but don't know what.

You don't have to believe in any god or religion. If we had more people like you, the world would be a better place.
    You can live your life religion free, that's your choice.

Jesus said, he who believes in me will have everlasting life. I did my work. I explored beyond his words and found
    what he said is right. There is a life beyond here and from what I hear through 1st hand accounts, it's an awesome
    place.

Most religions preach of a heaven. Even those before Christ preached of an afterlife. You can pick whatever you chose
    to worship or not.

The common denominator is, there is a heaven. Except that and you will have peace.
    What’s your proof for heaven?

How do you know what Jesus said?

I know my elementary questions are baffling....I guess you guys can let this thread die for another two weeks, take your ball and go home.

It’s not surprising that people can’t explain why their religion is the right religion.

Just because you believe it doesn’t mean it’s true. I’m sure you used to believe in Santa Claus too.

PS. You don’t have to answer the first two questions because I already know what you’re going to say and it’s wrong.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Matthew 16:4

4A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Mark 5:

6But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him, 7And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not. 8For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit.
    9And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many. 10And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by RocketMan$$$ View Post
    Oragnized Religion ruined alot. I stay spirtual all to myself
    As long as you are in Christ, good for you ... you are building on THE ROCK. THE TRUE ROCK, KING OF KINGS

just build your personal relationship with Christ and look for a church and people who abide in Him and worship Him correctly.

BigDofBA

No offense, but to me, quoting the Bible is no different than quoting the Quran.

I could copy and paste quotes from the Quran all day long. Doesn’t mean it’s right.

And I hope no one took anything I said personally. I’m sure you’re all good people.

rkelly110

What’s your proof for heaven?

How do you know what Jesus said?

I know my elementary questions are baffling....I guess you guys can let this thread die for another two weeks, take your ball and go home.

It’s not surprising that people can’t explain why their religion is the right religion.

Just because you believe it doesn’t mean it’s true. I’m sure you used to believe in Santa Claus too.

PS. You don’t have to answer the first two questions because I already know what you’re going to say and it’s wrong.
    Maybe about the 2nd question, but not the 1st.

I'm done doing the work for you. You will have to go find it yourself. Youtube is a start. Google is your friend.
    If you got $300, a psychic will blow your mind. A real one, not a fake one.

I don't have a religion per say. I was raised like you and hold some of that. I don't like the rigidity/ hypocricy
    of religion. Don't like anyone telling me what to do or not to do. I'm my own man. When I stop and think of
    what I do, I find that what I'm doing has a bunch of different religions, mostly hindu.

Another thing, I'm not wrong. If I am, prove it.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Isiah 5:20

20Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Maybe about the 2nd question, but not the 1st.

I'm done doing the work for you. You will have to go find it yourself. Youtube is a start. Google is your friend.

I don't have a religion per say. I was raised like you and hold some of that. I don't like the rigidity/ hypocricy
    of religion. Don't like anyone telling me what to do or not to do. I'm my own man. When I stop and think of
    what I do, I find that what I'm doing has a bunch of different religions, mostly hindu.

Another thing, I'm not wrong. If I am, prove it.
    i guess you are hindu then kelly, correct? Why not just state that... don't blur the lines with Jesus, You should take more care about your own understanding before trying to help someone else. to add to the word, and twist it, you are doing so to your own destruction ...

BigDofBA

Doesn’t the God of the Bible warn against psychics and say they aren’t real?

How do I know if I have a real psychic or not?

So many different beliefs and perspectives even within groups that believe in the Christian God.....it truly is fascinating to me as an atheist.

Now I’m learning about real and fake psychics....

RangeFinder

No offense, but to me, quoting the Bible is no different than quoting the Quran.

I could copy and paste quotes from the Quran all day long. Doesn’t mean it’s right.

And I hope no one took anything I said personally. I’m sure you’re all good people.
    Big D,

I think you're at a point where you need God to show you He is real. O.k, all good, man. Try this. Ask God to show you He is real. Lock yourself in your closet if you have to or your garage, bedroom, backyard, wherever. Then ask out loud "God, if you're real, show me". Say it like you really mean it . If you do that, fasten your seat belt man because you're about to go on one wild ride. It may not happen right away. He will show Himself to you in ways you never thought possible. Just try it. What can it hurt? Seek, and you will find.

Let me know what happens, it will be really cool!

We need another song, here.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Big D,

I think you're at a point where you need God to show you He is real. O.k, all good, man. Try this. Ask God to show you He is real. Lock yourself in your closet if you have to or your garage, bedroom, backyard, wherever. Then ask out loud "God, if you're real, show me". Say it like you really mean it . If you do that, fasten your seat belt man because you're about to go on one wild ride. It may not happen right away. He will show Himself to you in ways you never thought possible. Just try it. What can it hurt? Seek, and you will find.

Let me know what happens, it will be really cool!

We need another song, here.
    THats not how it works " if you're real, show me " ... everyone would be Christian..

faith comes by hearing the Word of God.. if His Words mean nothing, neither will He... God bless ranger

rkelly110

i guess you are hindu then kelly, correct? Why not just state that... don't blur the lines with Jesus, You should take more care about your own understanding before trying to help someone else. to add to the word, and twist it, you are doing so to your own destruction ...
    No. I can be all, one or none if I so chose. If you read my post, you'd see what I said about rigidity. Stop being so rigid.

rkelly110

Doesn’t the God of the Bible warn against psychics and say they aren’t real?

How do I know if I have a real psychic or not?

So many different beliefs and perspectives even within groups that believe in the Christian God.....it truly is fascinating to me as an atheist.

Now I’m learning about real and fake psychics....
    Yep. Remember when I said I don't like being told what to do? I'm a REBEL!

BigDofBA

I already tried everything guys.

I blindly believed it. I went to church. I read the Bible. I prayed and not a damn thing happened.

I educated myself. I lied to myself. I turned to other religions, etc.

After doing this and lot of other stuff I came to the realization that it was all bullshit.

Now it’s quite obvious that it’s bullshit because I’m not living in fear of hell and I’m not lying to myself anymore. I figured this out when I was still a teenager.

It’s like believing in Santa Claus when you’re a kid. Deep down you know it’s bullshit but you keep faking it because you want those presents. I think a lot of adults fake it because they want heaven to be real. So they’re teally just lying to themselves.

I’m here trying to figure out why other people can’t figure it out and still believe in it. Is it the fear of hell? Is it the promise of heaven? Is it fear of knowing the truth so you just ignore reality?

brainfreeze
    Meaning

No. I can be all, one or none if I so chose. If you read my post, you'd see what I said about rigidity. Stop being so rigid.
    John 14:6

6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

... don't say you didn't hear the truth though

BigDofBA

Yep. Remember when I said I don't like being told what to do? I'm a REBEL!
    Yeah, me too. I like that quality about you.

It’s just weird that with religion people just do whatever the hell they want and skew the word of God in their favor. Then they are argue over whose interpretations are right.

It really makes no sense to me.

RangeFinder

I already tried everything guys.

I blindly believed it. I went to church. I read the Bible. I prayed and not a damn thing happened.

I educated myself. I lied to myself. I turned to other religions, etc.

After doing this and lot of other stuff I came to the realization that it was all bullshit.

Now it’s quite obvious that it’s bullshit because I’m not living in fear of hell and I’m not lying to myself anymore. I figured this out when I was still a teenager.

It’s like believing in Santa Claus when you’re a kid. Deep down you know it’s bullshit but you keep faking it because you want those presents. I think a lot of adults fake it because they want heaven to be real. So they’re teally just lying to themselves.

I’m here trying to figure out why other people can’t figure it out and still believe in it. Is it the fear of hell? Is it the promise of heaven? Is it fear of knowing the truth so you just ignore reality?
    I don't live in fear per se, Big D. Yes, I fear God, but I don't live in fear. I don't think this is a Santa Claus thing. At all. It's way much deeper than that, man.

Sounds like you've made up your mind no matter what anyone tells you. All I can suggest is keep the door open. maybe read about the life of Paul and you might relate to his life before he met God.

BigDofBA

I don't live in fear per se, Big D. Yes, I fear God, but I don't live in fear. I don't think this is a Santa Claus thing. At all. It's way much deeper than that, man.

Sounds like you've made up your mind no matter what anyone tells you. All I can suggest is keep the door open. maybe read about the life of Paul and you might relate to his life before he met God.
    Thanks. I like your demeanor.

You should keep your mind open too. Maybe it’s not real...

rkelly110

Yeah, me too. I like that quality about you.

It’s just weird that with religion people just do whatever the hell they want and skew the word of God in their favor. Then they are argue over whose interpretations are right.

It really makes no sense to me.
    Exactly. That's what I don't like about organized religion. They will preach to your face and then do what they
    tell you not to do. Hypocrisy.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Exactly. That's what I don't like about organized religion. They will preach to your face and then do what they
    tell you not to do. Hypocrisy.
    ... " it's because of everyone else " ... guess what, none of them will burn for you. If you burn you will have done so on your own.

RangeFinder

... " it's because of everyone else " ... guess what, none of them will burn for you. If you burn you will have done so on your own.
    Brainfreeze

I can't help notice that big gold middle finger sticking up at me everytime I read your posts

First ... 103104105106107108109 ... Last