TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

How Difficult Is It To Change A Samsung Galaxy s3 From Sprint To MetroPCS?

MetroPCS claims all you have to do is change the SIM Card out of the phone... to a Metro SIM for $10.00 That sounds pretty cheap.

I heard rumors many years back that Sprint and Metro practically use the same network settings etc.

I also heard that Sprint phones don't use SIM CARDS. So I'm kinda confused.

I'll be off of my contract with Sprint in 2 months. I wanted to use the same phone but for MetroPCS. I'm sick of these useless long contracts. It's a different society now... no one should ever be on a contract for a cell provider. So many to choose from now.

Like I said... I'm not trying to ROOT the phone or any of that garbage... I'm honoring the Sprint contract. I just want to change really quick over to MetroPCS with the same phone once my contract is over with Sprint.

Any advice... much appreciated.

Footballtime
    Footballtime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

TMS, Sprints coverage sucks..........I used to have about 20-25 phones from Sprint/Nextel, not all my phones, but i own a business and my workers had a phone each.. I used to like it cause the nextel had the walkie talkie feature, so it was easy to just click someone and start a conversation... But about 2 years ago, sprint eliminated the nextel part and took down the towers, so there was no more walkie talkie feature... they then tell me i have to turn in all my nextel phones cause they are in the process of elimintaing all the old nextel towers im like ok.... Rep shows up at my office and we get 20 or so new iphones from sprint, 1 month goes by and 75% of my workers including myself were roaming for almost the whole month, penetrating bill was un believable amount of money im taking like 6500.00 for 1 month.... Rep comes back out and we figure out that our office and areas where most people live is roaming areas, they end up crediting my account like 5000.00 from the originall 6500.00, and the rep says listen sprint isnt for you, you are roaming all the time at your offices, we will let you out of the contract and we both can move on.....Im like ok no problem and i have had /verizon iphones soince then, great coverage and never a dropped call, check verizon out bro......... good luck FBT

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

I believe your phone has to be unlocked to do this. Most carriers will balk at doing this for you if they know you're going to bail. You should go in and test it out beforehand.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Thanks for the posts FBT and Jake. I've finally realized that Sprint doesn't use SIM Cards... well if they do... it's embedded or an internal thing. Oh well... you learn something new everyday.