teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Let what happened to anthony of Opie and Anthony fame be a lesson to all of you...

Watch what you say racially Better to keep it here at sbr

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Only in America can you get into more trouble for your words than your physical actions.

Kermit

For anyone that hasn't heard about this, Anthony got punched in the face by some woman in Times Square and he then went on a rant and called the woman a "Kunt Animal" and several other names on twitter.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Why do you imagine a racial rant being on SBR is likely to save you if an employer saw it?

If they don't want someone that thinks or talks like that representing them I doubt they'd care if it was written on twitter, SBR or toilet paper.

A lot of people talk like freedom of speech is a right that comes with no responsibility.

Optional

teaserpleaser

Just a question optional how would an employer know it was you? Isn't it why we have handles instead our real names.... Happy 4th

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Hope he gets hired soon at double the pay.

What does it say about a company who is fine with all the other funny shitt these guys do that is 'shocking' and yet he gets physically assaulted and is fired for hurting someone's feelings. Ironically you KNOW after about punch 5 or 6...if he'd simply thrown her ghetto ass to the concrete to break it up...he'd have been beaten by the surrounding animals who I'm sure would have whipped out phones to video it yelling "world starrrr world starrrr'" and posted that part. And then once he pulled his firearm THAT point while being curbed by multiple assailants....and fired once....Eric Holder would charge him with a hate crime.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Perhaps Optional is actually his real name. Parents were indecisive at birth.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Just a question optional how would an employer know it was you? Isn't it why we have handles instead our real names.... Happy 4th
    For the most part, unfortunately for me my name could be traced to me. Luckily, I'll never do anything important.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    I dunno. You might forget and leave yourself logged in at work. Or lose your phone and the wrong person finds it. Or piss off the wrong person on SBR who finds out who you are and shops you.

To be able to say offensive stuff I would not want people to know I said isn't the reason I use a handle.

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Hope he gets hired soon at double the pay.

What does it say about a company who is fine with all the other funny shitt these guys do that is 'shocking' and yet he gets physically assaulted and is fired for hurting someone's feelings. Ironically you KNOW after about punch 5 or 6...if he'd simply thrown her ghetto ass to the concrete to break it up...he'd have been beaten by the surrounding animals who I'm sure would have whipped out phones to video it yelling "world starrrr world starrrr'" and posted that part. And then once he pulled his firearm THAT point while being curbed by multiple assailants....and fired once....Eric Holder would charge him with a hate crime.
    Agree.

It reflects on the company if they look like they are unfair or have double standards too.

Roy Halladay
    Roy Halladay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

For those that didn't know, The Giant is the head singer of Weezer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENXvZ9YRjbo&feature=kp

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Guy is perving women in NY.

Gets called out.

Gets slapped around for being a perv.

Goes on a schoolboy rant on twitter using racially provocative language.

Guy gets canned.

Now I'm not the biggest fan of the Opie and Anthony show, but Cumia has a history of doing some A-hole things to blacks. It's out there and Sirius knew about it before the hired him. It's odd they didn't suspend him; but when you push the envelope like Cumia does, you're going to be in and out of jobs.

Does Opie stick around?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: teaserpleaser

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Never really listened to those 2. Heard of them though. Sometimes your "radio image" gets you in trouble in real life. Perhaps, he was too high on his horse? Howard Stern was always very opinionated.... but he knew where to draw the line. Said a lot of borderline sh#$.

Kermit

I liked listening to Bob & Tom. They just talked about funny shit.

thestrategist
    thestrategist's Avatar Become A Pro!

if the woman was white he would still have a job

teaserpleaser

If he didn't do his little racial rant he'd still have a job...easy fix though podcasting is the wave of the future look at Adam carolla, tom leykis, joe rogan ...if he's half as smart as he thinks he is he'll figure it out. Patrice oneil's spirit is somewhere laughing.

Libanese
    Libanese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Podcasting won't make him what he was making at XM/Sirius anytime soon. By the time it ever gets that profitable, he will be irrelevant in the "shock jock" game.

There is no question if she was white (or if he was a black man saying this to a white woman), this would have been swept under the rug.

Perfect case in point, this week a black reality show woman made a comment that it scares her knowing rednecks can walk into Walmart with their guns legally in Georgia now.

If a white woman said the same thing but replaced the word "redneck" with "gangsta" or "ghetto trash", she would be fired before you could say "Al Sharpton".

The one saving grace is in the grander scheme of the world is the intelligent and better bred make the $$ and the people that ignore reverse racism and inflame others about white on black racism tend to be downtrodden and poor.

Anthony may be unemployed, but he is a rich unemployed mofo.

Just guessing, but the black woman that attacked him will be going to work Monday making pennies.