ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Investing in Cannabis?

Strange idea, when you're thinking about investing into a stock that's main business revolves around a federally illegal substance.

Most of these stocks are priced at a point where you can jump in for a little. I actually usually get burned when I mess around in the penny stock area. Although there are a few that aren't "penny" per se.

Anyway, there is this oil concentrate stuff that seems to be sweeping the markets in every location where it is "legalized" both medically or otherwise. The dispensaries literally can't stay in stock. Hottest selling items by far are those that revolve around vaporizing. Especially on the go. Essentially allowing you to get stoned in public, while making it look like you're smoking an ecig at best. Next to zero odor. Zero when you consider what you just smoked. And a lot more potent than just pure flower.

There are maybe 2 companies that dominate this market, and I was curious what the heads here thought about investing into company based heavily in a federally illegal substance.

The real, practical issue, is the main companies I want to invest are OTC. Which runs into illiquidity issues, in my experience at least.
    Last edited by ChalkyDog; 07-03-14 at 07:39 PM.

bigballa
    bigballa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4154

dont think you can go wrong investing in this type of market...

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

interesting i may look into this

OptimistPrime
    OptimistPrime's Avatar Become A Pro!

The prices of these stocks have really tanked in value over the last few months,its way to risky for my taste. There are better options out there if you are looking into invest in a small cap stock with a high risk and return.

Chipup
    Chipup's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vaporizers are facing legal battles on their own right. But I'd still invest in the field. Small loses possible with decent ROI make it worth the risk.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

i have been following different mary jane stocks for a while now. most have gone up over the last year and half.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

the safest play by far is GWPH but you've missed most of the run up. That's the company to pay attention to.

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

once they master the e-cig for vapin the oil- THAT'LL BE THE $ MAKER....the one I use now is ok but they've got a ways to go IMO....
    been looking to invest but cant decide where....

brooks85

it's cool but you're talking pennies compared to the real potential of cannabis which is in medicine.

cecil127

I agree....but the e-cigs will get all the seedy (and not so seedy) customers in states that have yet to legalize....that's all I was saying. trying to say...yeah, the concentrate is off the charts..uh-huh

OptimistPrime
    OptimistPrime's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by marcoloco View Post
    i have been following different mary jane stocks for a while now. most have gone up over the last year and half.
    What ones would those be, the three that I have been following all have tanked.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Been investing in cannabis for years just more on a street level ...lets put it like this were working now for rec weed in 2016 when all hell breaks loose and demand can't be met like what happened in colorado and what's going to happen in Washington soon we'll be ready for that.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by cecil127 View Post
    I agree....but the e-cigs will get all the seedy (and not so seedy) customers in states that have yet to legalize....that's all I was saying. trying to say...yeah, the concentrate is off the charts..uh-huh
    Where are you living? Due to state laws and federal issues, the stuff I find works best will without doubt have a different name depending where you are at. It's this company that I want to invest in.

The general patent for the device is based out of Colorado.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Wax/Shatter is the future

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    Absolutely.

For some reason, this post just sent my mind off on a tangent. Thanks.

brooks85

lol you talking about getting high or investing?

Look at gwph, great time to get in. I bought more when it dropped below 90 this morning.

sploofdogg
    sploofdogg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1217

what tickers have you looked into?

cecil127

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    can smoke it w/o the skunky stank alerting everyone w/ a nose......love it.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

as a grower/seller people do not want wax, oil, hash, or e cigs. They just want the weed.

There is chain of stores now offering e-cigs only, adjusting them to your specific taste.

cecil127

Quote Originally Posted by no1here View Post
    as a grower/seller people do not want wax, oil, hash, or e cigs. They just want the weed.

There is chain of stores now offering e-cigs only, adjusting them to your specific taste.
    that's what OP is saying....its the future of cannabis once people realize. you'll see.....trust me. 25years..every day...every single day....barely touch the "dry" now.....kids stuff.