easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Just found out my GF is a diabetic

Been with her for 3 months and she never brought it up. We've gone out to eat several times and she never made a mention of it and always had desert. If I hadn't seen her shooting insulin this morning for her type 1 diabetes I might have never found out as she apparently had no interest in telling me. Even though I have not said anything to her I feel betrayed and think she should have told me about this much earlier. I am looking to end it with her at this point but I would feel awful about myself if I told her, her disease was the reason I'm breaking up with her. So do I need another excuse here or should I straight up tell her its over because she hid her diabetes from me?

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Maybe it's not a big enough deal to her because she's lived with it her entire life to make it a point of emphasis?

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

disease

U ignorant yanks are stupidly funny

Zeus54
    Zeus54's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 490

lol OP. She has diabeetus, not AIDS, brah.

easyliving

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    Maybe it's not a big enough deal to her because she's lived with it her entire life to make it a point of emphasis?
    I accept the fact that with my way of eating style its inevitable and I will eventually become a diabetic myself but I'm hoping thats way down the road, If she had told me she was diabetic to begin with I would have never gotten involved with her to begin with.

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

over diabetes really....

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    I accept the fact that with my way of eating style its inevitable and I will eventually become a diabetic myself but I'm hoping thats way down the road, If she had told me she was diabetic to begin with I would have never gotten involved with her to begin with.
    Seriously?

Over diabetes?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Easyliving you recently lost $30,000 gambling...

so if you got this much to gamble with you are probably rich as fukk which means you can get just about any girl ya want regardless of what you look like....

So if this broad dont make ya happy break it off.

But on the real ... what the fukk difference does it make if she has diabettes? It does not effect you in anyway whatsoever... ( unless you really want a wifey that will get drunk with you) i dont think people with diabettes can have alcohol.. but that is no big deal either. Who cares if she can drink with you? she can still smoke weed with you and it does not effect her sexual performance.

it would be a different story if she was hiding the fact she has herpes or aids but diabettes is not a big deal at all.

Diabetus does not even neccesarily mean you are unhealthy. Jay Cutler is QB for the Chicago Bears and a world class athlete and he has diabettes too. I used to have a dog that had diabettes it wasnt even hard to care for him either... just gave him a shot with his meals.

Anyway bruh i think its crazy that you might dump her b/c of this. Shes probably embarrased about it which is why she didnt tell you.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68483

Wow.

That's pathetic.

easyliving

I think you guys are not understanding what type 1 diabetes is. This is a disease that can reduce people lives on average 10-15 years shorter than a non diabetic. Also it is a genetic disease and it can be passed on to offspring. I simply do not see myself having a future with this woman regardless of how good looking she might be.

SamDiamond

I think you guys are not understanding what type 1 diabetes is. This is a disease that can reduce people lives on average 10-15 years shorter than a non diabetic. Also it is a genetic disease and it can be passed on to offspring. I simply do not see myself having a future with this woman regardless of how good looking she might be.
    Research just last year..... proved that for a Type 1 Diabetic .....born between 1965 and 1980, the life expectancy was 68 years. For the non-diabetic patient, it was 72.4 years.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...ics/48851072/1

I think you're out of your fuking mind easy.

This is 2014.

Not 1928.

Read that article I linked. See if you still feel the same way.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

maybe if she knew you are thinking so strangely, shed leave you?

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

At first I was going to say "OK Jerry Seinfeld"

After reading post #10 I can understand ur point of view though. Doesn't mean you hate the girl but there is an understandable natural "hesitation" to mate and produce children with someone carrying an obvious genetic defect.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Did you tell her you were a degenerate gambler on the first date?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: horja1, bigballa, PAULYPOKER, and wikkidinsane

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Omg, now shoot yourself dude, you are diseased

actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16749

I will need to see a pic before I can make a ruling

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

yes post a pic

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

I will also need a pic before giving an opinion

ProlificalD
    Update your status
    ProlificalD's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sometimes a health issue is something not to bring up right away. This chick I dated one time had a minor health issue (heal-able) and she eventually told me after a few weeks. After she told me she thought I was gonna end it. I thought, "why would she think of such a thing?", I guess this thread is the answer.

I have a friend with type 1, he comes out and watches football at the bar with us and drinks all alcoholic beverages (although I told him about low carb Michlob Ultra and its his go to).

Perhaps its a good thing that you are with this diabetic chick. You might change to a more healthier diet rather than your sliced white bread and orange juice.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

OP has a gambling disease.

Will he now place the same standards onto himself as he does others and quit SBR?

easyliving

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    Did you tell her you were a degenerate gambler on the first date?
    good point, but that is irrelevant.

and no I will not be posting a pic as I have too much respect for this woman and wanna leave on good terms with her.

SamDiamond

and no I will not be posting a pic as I have too much respect for this woman and wanna leave on good terms with her.
    You have so much respect for her that you are going to dump her based on your own faulty assumptions about diabetes....

Okay....

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Guinser

youclowns
    youclowns's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

main reason why im quitting drinking

couldnt take on another burden. if i had tyoe 1 i would drink myself to death in 16 months

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Easyliving you recently lost $30,000 gambling...

so if you got this much to gamble with you are probably rich as fukk which means you can get just about any girl ya want regardless of what you look like....

So if this broad dont make ya happy break it off.

But on the real ... what the fukk difference does it make if she has diabettes? It does not effect you in anyway whatsoever... ( unless you really want a wifey that will get drunk with you) i dont think people with diabettes can have alcohol.. but that is no big deal either. Who cares if she can drink with you? she can still smoke weed with you and it does not effect her sexual performance.

it would be a different story if she was hiding the fact she has herpes or aids but diabettes is not a big deal at all.

Diabetus does not even neccesarily mean you are unhealthy. Jay Cutler is QB for the Chicago Bears and a world class athlete and he has diabettes too. I used to have a dog that had diabettes it wasnt even hard to care for him either... just gave him a shot with his meals.

Anyway bruh i think its crazy that you might dump her b/c of this. Shes probably embarrased about it which is why she didnt tell you.
    You can definitely drink on it just not a lot frequently. Had a girl friend in college who had this and took shots and wasn't really a big deal and she was kinda hot also...

No chance she is getting on this forum so the only way she would find out about the picture is if she is checking your internet history and thats a bigger problem then the diabetes bro

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

It's really not that big of a deal. Most diabetics have complications and health issues because they are not compliant with diet, testing, etc. Diabetes wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, but an ostomy probably would.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    You can definitely drink on it just not a lot frequently. Had a girl friend in college who had this and took shots and wasn't really a big deal and she was kinda hot also...

No chance she is getting on this forum so the only way she would find out about the picture is if she is checking your internet history and thats a bigger problem then the diabetes bro
    haha thats a very persuasive arguement for him to post a pic.

easyliving

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!

dont dump her, as a guy you will mislead her all the time..lol

easyliving

timbaland99
    timbaland99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Easyliving. You seem alright except for the fact that you are thinking of dumping her. She probably needs and wants your support, and was afraid you would not look past her diabetes, as you are doing now. A perfect woman doesnt exist. Are you looking to settle down in life and have a family or are you just living in the here and now? You're looking at the glass half empty instead of focusing on the qualities that she may have, that other women dont and those qualities may outweigh the diabetes. Try and look at thing with the perspective of the glass being half full instead. Dont act rashly or treat her differently. Just sit on it and think about it for a while. Im sure she well make up for her 'defect' in other ways

timbaland99
    timbaland99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

I wonder if other men have broken up with her in the past because of thos, or if the diabetes was a source of friction in her other relationships which may have caused her to be hesitant about telling you right away. You should casually find that out. "Did you not tell me right away because.....". If she is trustworthy, loyal and doesnt cheat, and has a good personality, than I think you can look past this

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Need to see a pic of her finances before I comment

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by timbaland99 View Post
    A perfect woman doesnt exist.
    Oh yeah? Then who is that in ur avatar?

I looked at the pics. She's definitely cute. Kind of depends on OP though. If he's ttwarrior material he better tie the knot before she changes her mind

Coach Potato
    Coach Potato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31636

Tell her semen can help with diabetes

actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16749

She's cute. This wouldn't be an issue for me

123 Last