James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

California chrome will be allowed or wear nasal strip

Just announced by NYRA so controversy is done.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13986

wow no triple crown winner since 1978 chrome has no real breeding to speak of the BELMONT is at 1.5 mi. he will coast home

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

They would be under so much scrutiny to not allow it. Glad to get that over with now to just talk about the race.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Whew

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

There was no way he was not running

Heads would of rolled

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

any other contenders?

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

I don't agree with the ruling, because I think it was done out of money and pressure, but as a fan I like it.

He was huffing and puffing during that last 1/8th at the Preakness. Good distance horses were held out so they could go after him at Belmont. I don't know about this one.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    I don't agree with the ruling, because I think it was done out of money and pressure, but as a fan I like it.

He was huffing and puffing during that last 1/8th at the Preakness. Good distance horses were held out so they could go after him at Belmont. I don't know about this one.
    So you feel a nasal strip is worse than Lasix lol

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11618

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Traditionally that's what trainers do.

Good horse disappoints at the Derby? Skip the Preakness and start preparing for the Belmont. Good potential in 3-year old in Jan/Feb but immature? Sell it to D Wayne Lukas - he'll stick it in the barn at Belmont and start preparing for the Stakes. He's won 2 (and robbed a Triple Crown) that way. This race is a mugging - any horse that can win it after taking the first two legs is a true superhorse.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    So you feel a nasal strip is worse than Lasix lol
    I'd love to hear how you arrived at that one.

ByeShea

First horse to have a long second look at in the belmont - Wicked Strong. 4th in the derby, and unlike 2nd & 3rd, skipped Preakness. Trained by Jimmy Jerkens who has a strong local (Belmont) record, which doesn't hurt. I like him already.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3241

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    First horse to have a long second look at in the belmont - Wicked Strong. 4th in the derby, and unlike 2nd & 3rd, skipped Preakness. Trained by Jimmy Jerkens who has a strong local (Belmont) record, which doesn't hurt. I like him already.
    You can get 6/1 on Wicked Strong now. But would wait. And the 2nd and 3rd place in the Derby skipped the Preakness. Commanding Curve and Danza. They might be running in the Belmont as well.

ByeShea

First of all, f*ck SBR for putting no-nonsense Triple Crown talk in the saloon.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    You can get 6/1 on Wicked Strong now. But would wait. And the 2nd and 3rd place in the Derby skipped the Preakness. Commanding Curve and Danza. They might be running in the Belmont as well.
    I'm surprised by that. Would have guessed 10-15/1 this far out, but I guess it makes some sense. If CC's health holds up I'm sure 6/1 will stretch to 8/1, 10/1 by race day.

CC is going to attract massive money and Wicked Strong will be just one of several names with a good story. The heart goes with the the star horse, but the book says you have to bet against California Chrome. 36 years isn't a fluke - the odds are heavily in favor a horse that isn't California Chrome wins.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3241

I'm surprised by that. Would have guessed 10-15/1 this far out, but I guess it makes some sense. If CC's health holds up I'm sure 6/1 will stretch to 8/1, 10/1 by race day.

CC is going to attract massive money and Wicked Strong will be just one of several names with a good story. The heart goes with the the star horse, but the book says you have to bet against California Chrome. 36 years isn't a fluke - the odds are heavily in favor a horse that isn't California Chrome wins.
    Agreed. CC is a play against. And if he beats you at least there is a Triple Crown winner.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was thinking same thing Shea. There are multiple threads in players talk ( that were not moved) questioning if CC can use nasal strip yet the thread that answers the question is sent to salon. Strange

also no doubt I am playing against heavily like you said.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

odds and history says he wont win belmont and he will be 2/5 that day and lose

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Samraat!