TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

PLAYERS TALK: A few thoughts on censorship, tolerance, and hate in Players Talk

I don't want to tell people their opinions are wrong or invalid, but I do welcome a discussion on issues

However, there are many people on here who would rather that the opinions which they don't agree with were censored or deleted

I would like to address some posts I saw today regarding this

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Here's a better question why the fukk are you idiots watching the SEVENTH ROUND OF THE NFL DRAFT? Or "Draft highlights" ... change the f-ing channel or STFU.
    What I don't understand about this is if you think we should just turn the channel, why can't you just not click on a thread or maybe put a poster on ignore?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaug View Post
    Guys who cares if he is gay. This is 2014.
    Doesn't matter if it's 2014 or 4014. It is not a new argument and you are not ahead of your time. It will always be unnatural, thus not something to be flaunted and celebrated. If you are religious you believe it to be immoral, or if you have respect for the natural order of things you find it repulsive or/and counterproductive. If you are neither religious nor care about natural order, you probably just don't care about much in general except maybe chaos. You were probably the guy who wouldn't clean his room or mow his lawn and believed it to be a stance for independence. Well we do care, and just don't want it to be forced upon us and celebrated.

It's time for SBR to actually enforce some rules about the anti-racist, anti-hate stuff they spouted a few weeks back.
    This was a reply in my thread about boycotting ESPN for their coverage of Michael Sam and his bf's makeout session in primetime. I could get into a long discussion about why it isn't hate to be disgusted by it (no one that I saw was talking about wanting to kill Michael Sam or bomb ESPN), I think many people understand what ESPN is trying to do and we don't like it.

Instead of writing an essay, I would just like to say in response to the quoted post that there is a big difference ethically and philosophically between calling for a boycott and calling for censorship.

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Wouldn't bother me at all as long as he doesn't make a move on me. Which he wouldn't because gays usually navigate to gays, his teammates should have no issues in that regard, just like they didn't in college after he came out to them before the season.
    A lot of people saying locker room and other situations not a big issues because there wouldn't be attraction or advances because of gaydar and stuff.

Let me ask you, if you found yourself in the locker room taking a shower with some of the most beautiful, athletic lesbians in the world, would you refrain from having urges and attractions to these women because you know they are gay? Would you keep from looking at them and becoming aroused because you don't want to offend them?

Or is love and attraction different with gay people? I keep hearing Gays and gay friendly people say it's the same and should be treated as such.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bruins35, BennyBigNuts, and EmpireMaker

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't quote me without permission from my lawyers. You'll be receiving a parcel with a court summons.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Points Awarded:

pattymayo gave boeing power 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Killer_Demo, and teaserpleaser

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Excellent post, Centaur

Cents gets it

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    I have to commend you on one of the best Didn't Read GIFs I've ever seen

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    A lot of people saying locker room and other situations not a big issues because there wouldn't be attraction or advances because of gaydar and stuff.

Let me ask you, if you found yourself in the locker room taking a shower with some of the most beautiful, athletic lesbians in the world, would you refrain from having urges and attractions to these women because you know they are gay?
    Would you keep from looking at them and becoming aroused because you don't want to offend them?

Or is love and attraction different with gay people? I keep hearing Gays and gay friendly people say it's the same and should be treated as such.
    You're asking a bunch of straight dudes if they would be turned on by hot chicks. Great argument versus a male locker room featuring gay guys.

If you have a problem with gays, that's your problem. I could care less. They're not out having anal sex on the streets any more than fat, disgusting hetero assholes are out on the street having sex.

Why anyone is watching ESPN is beyond me at this point. Their viewpoint on every aspect of sports has gone to a level of bullshit that I haven't watched in the past five years.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 05-10-14 at 10:40 PM.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Excellent post, Centaur

Cents gets it

Ditto.....we live in a world where everyone is expected to hold hands and sing Kum Ba Yah...reality is not a fukkking disney movie...

TheCentaur

You're asking a bunch of straight dudes if they would be turned on by hot chicks. Great argument versus a male locker room featuring gay guys.

I don't see the flaw with the analogy if homosexual and heterosexual feelings are indeed comparable

bruins35
    bruins35's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't see the flaw with the analogy if homosexual and heterosexual feelings are indeed comparable
    you won this debate just wait for the twisted come back

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

The biggest misconception in this forum is that if you take a shower in a gym and you're straight and a gay person is also taking a shower he will sexually assault you. Like gays don't have any feelings or emotions. They get horny when they see a straight man's butt and want to hump him against his will.

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29958

I'm not religious, but tolerance is "holier" than intolerance. Why would anyone choose to be a hateful person rather than an accepting one? And that's an actual choice, unlike homosexuality. Hold on, let me try to "choose" to be gay for 1 minute as an experiment. Oh wait, I fuking can't and neither can you

TheCentaur

If you have a problem with gays, that's your problem. I could care less.
    More of a problem with ESPN, but why do you care so much if I do have a problem?

Why anyone is watching ESPN is beyond me at this point. Their viewpoint on every aspect of sports has gone to a level of bullshit that I haven't watched in the past five years.
    On this we can agree

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

there are many people on here who would rather that the opinions which they don't agree with were censored or deleted
    I think it's more that the non-opinionated people would rather not have people obsessed with race issues ramming your opinion down everyone's throats constantly.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Centaur you have too much time on your hands

Go get pussy

I am at least trying

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Centaur you have too much time on your hands

Go get pussy

I am at least trying
    My gf is on the rag

She doesn't even want to see me when that happens so I'm just at home watching UFC fight night

I'm just a rooster dragging around a body to her

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

A bunch of closet queers around here...

TheCentaur

Salooned

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I knew Rob Halford was gay when the video for Hot Rockin came out in the early 80's. I was like 6 or 7. I still bought all of Judas Priest's albums after that. We didn't give a fukk if he was a peter puffer.

The media only reports everyone that comes out now because they want to create controversy.

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

My gf is on the rag

She doesn't even want to see me when that happens so I'm just at home watching UFC fight night

I'm just a rooster dragging around a body to her
    Shes still got a mouth and a butthole.....

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

Btw, I 110% agree with ur viewpoint centaur

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

All this over seeing 2 men kiss:

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    The media only reports everyone that comes out now because they want to create controversy.
    Or because it's LITERALLY the first time someone has come-out during their NLF and NBA careers.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

But ESPN has a habit of taking a story and just beating the sh*t out of it. They did it with Johnny Football and Tebow, too.

It's nauseating.

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

sbr still talking about gays? what is there to keep discussing? that gay people exist and it bothers people? stop hating and move on already. how many of you guys even take public showers with dudes? are you arguing on behalf of athletes?

Homosexual behavior in animals is sexual behavior among non-human species that may be interpreted as homosexual or bisexual. This may include sexual activity, courtship, affection, pair bonding, and parenting among same-sex animal pairs. Research indicates that various forms of this are found throughout the animal kingdom.[1][2] As of 1999, nearly 1,500 species, ranging from primates to gut worms, have been observed engaging in same-sex behaviors; this is well documented in about 500 species.[3][4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosex...ior_in_animals

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    But ESPN has a habit of taking a story and just beating the sh*t out of it. They did it with Johnny Football and Tebow, too.

It's nauseating.
    Thought I might be able to get away from it with the NFL network, nope. Half the show on him...would like to hear some analysis about mid to late round players that I'm not familiar with that who will actually make an impact on the field. That doesn't seem like it's gonna happen anytime.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectGrape View Post
    sbr still talking about gays? what is there to keep discussing? that gay people exist and it bothers people? stop hating and move on already. how many of you guys even take public showers with dudes? are you arguing on behalf of athletes?

Homosexual behavior in animals is sexual behavior among non-human species that may be interpreted as homosexual or bisexual. This may include sexual activity, courtship, affection, pair bonding, and parenting among same-sex animal pairs. Research indicates that various forms of this are found throughout the animal kingdom.[1][2] As of 1999, nearly 1,500 species, ranging from primates to gut worms, have been observed engaging in same-sex behaviors; this is well documented in about 500 species.[3][4]

For me, it's the media fixation on it. Like you said, what is there to keep discussing...let's move on and talk football.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    For me, it's the media fixation on it. Like you said, what is there to keep discussing...let's move on and talk football.
    They are not quite done indoctrinating everyone just yet.

TheCentaur

Once again, I believe for most people the problem is not with someone being a homosexual, it is ESPN attempting to normalize it.

Maybe a more accurate word for me to use would be abnormal instead of unnatural. Just because something occurs in nature doesn't mean it is beneficial. There are multitudes of abnormalities and errors in nature due to various teratogens that can also be observed and researched throughout the animal kingdom. Make no mistake, homosexuality is an error and abnormality.

PerfectGrape

Once again, I believe for most people the problem is not with someone being a homosexual, it is ESPN attempting to normalize it.

Maybe a more accurate word for me to use would be abnormal instead of unnatural. Just because something occurs in nature doesn't mean it is beneficial. There are multitudes of abnormalities and errors in nature due to various teratogens that can also be observed and researched throughout the animal kingdom. Make no mistake, homosexuality is an error and abnormality.
    If one thinks homosexuality is abnormal and an error, isn't that the same as having a problem with homosexuality?

For the sake of argument, suppose 50% of the world was homosexual. Would you still feel the same way? 60%? Would your opinion change if a brother or close family member came out to you?

Try to put yourself in their shoes. They were born homosexuals and that is where they are at. I disagree with you but respect your right to have a differing opinion. But this is SBR, not a typical non-profit open-minded discussion forum. Sbr is out to make money and run their business how they want. ESPN is definitely sending the message that homosexuality is normal, they are doing their part to better society.

To me, it's about America. You can do whatever the hell you want. If you wanna bust a nut with the same gender, more power to you. If you want to hate homosexuals or argue against something, go right ahead. I'm gonna keep doing what I do, and the homosexuals can do their stuff, and we can coexist and enjoy freedoms not offered in other countries.

Don't you think it is sad though that children commit suicide because they are gay and feel bad about it? I think it's insane. I used to have exactly a similar view, a rational argument that homosexuality is unnatural. But my views changed. I don't care what people do in the bedroom, premarital sex, dirty sanchez, gonzos, whatever you wanna do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_among_LGBT_youth

PerfectGrape

Surprised the way you think cantaur, you seem like a rational thinking dude, would expect you to reach the same conclusions I did. If I had to guess, I would say intelligence is proportional to accepting others. Most non-thinkers just rely on name calling and don't really have any rationality behind their thoughts, they almost just accept attitudes or beliefs from others/society. At least you attempt to explain your position as opposed to making immature gay jokes.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

If one thinks homosexuality is abnormal and an error, isn't that the same as having a problem with homosexuality?

For the sake of argument, suppose 50% of the world was homosexual. Would you still feel the same way? 60%? Would your opinion change if a brother or close family member came out to you?

Try to put yourself in their shoes. They were born homosexuals and that is where they are at. I disagree with you but respect your right to have a differing opinion. But this is SBR, not a typical non-profit open-minded discussion forum. Sbr is out to make money and run their business how they want. ESPN is definitely sending the message that homosexuality is normal, they are doing their part to better society.

To me, it's about America. You can do whatever the hell you want. If you wanna bust a nut with the same gender, more power to you. If you want to hate homosexuals or argue against something, go right ahead. I'm gonna keep doing what I do, and the homosexuals can do their stuff, and we can coexist and enjoy freedoms not offered in other countries.

Don't you think it is sad though that children commit suicide because they are gay and feel bad about it? I think it's insane. I used to have exactly a similar view, a rational argument that homosexuality is unnatural. But my views changed. I don't care what people do in the bedroom, premarital sex, dirty sanchez, gonzos, whatever you wanna do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_among_LGBT_youth
    He's gonna be so mad when he reads this. He & Eaglesphan might have a legitimate class action vs. Centaur!

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

look, get with the program IT IS NOT FUKIN 1953 ANYMORE!

yes opie1988, i know how difficult that must be to hear, but it is true - the year is not 1953.

Gay and bi IS THE NEW SH*T FOR THE 21st CENTURY AND BEYOND

everyone is at least a little gay so you might as well start experimenting with homosexuality and bisexuality now and join in the fun instead of clinging to old timey ways of living

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I don't agree with people having down-syndrome but I guess they can have their special olympics....Just don't shove it down our throats and promote it as if it's normal

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    look, get with the program IT IS NOT FUKIN 1953 ANYMORE!

yes opie1988, i know how difficult that must be to hear, but it is true - the year is not 1953.

Gay and bi IS THE NEW SH*T FOR THE 21st CENTURY AND BEYOND

everyone is at least a little gay so you might as well start experimenting with homosexuality and bisexuality now and join in the fun instead of clinging to old timey ways of living
    Get a load of this fukkin homo.

It's still 1953 in my house, pal. My anus is exit only, thank you very much.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

TheCentaur

How is pointing out the fact that something is abnormal or an error the same as having a problem with it? Me and probably everyone else is abnormal in some way.

For the sake of brevity, instead of making analogies and attacking your logic I will just say if my aunt had rooster and balls she'd be my uncle.

You are under the false impression that I hate gay people. I have gay neighbors and have found out childhood friends are gay. I highly respect many gay people and think a lot of times they have admirable qualities, and I converse with them regularly. However most of them realize that some things are inappropriate and offensive.

ESPN is definitely sending the message that homosexuality is normal, they are doing their part to better society.
    I think the disagreement is about what makes a better society.

To me, it's about America. You can do whatever the hell you want. If you wanna bust a nut with the same gender, more power to you.
    Again, I think we agree on this. Just don't tell me it's normal and if you want to bombard the public with images of gay affection I will criticize you and call for a boycott.

Don't you think it is sad though that children commit suicide because they are gay and feel bad about it?
    Yes that is sad, but childhood and adolescence can be extremely difficult and lonely for many reasons. I don't think making young gay kids more comfortable is a valid reason to offend a huge segment of the population and confuse young people

Once again, a lot of posters interpret my posts as hating gay people, but they are mostly criticisms of ESPN and their agenda

12 Last