ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Centaur you have too much time on your hands

Go get pussy

I am at least trying

Damn it, getting pussy is not that easy for everyone.

If you were going through a REAL drought like me, you'd understand that shit isn't a joke.

Unbelievable ...

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    How is pointing out the fact that something is abnormal or an error the same as having a problem with it? Me and probably everyone else is abnormal in some way.

For the sake of brevity, instead of making analogies and attacking your logic I will just say if my aunt had rooster and balls she'd be my uncle.

You are under the false impression that I hate gay people. I have gay neighbors and have found out childhood friends are gay. I highly respect many gay people and think a lot of times they have admirable qualities, and I converse with them regularly. However most of them realize that some things are inappropriate and offensive.

I think the disagreement is about what makes a better society.

Again, I think we agree on this. Just don't tell me it's normal and if you want to bombard the public with images of gay affection I will criticize you and call for a boycott.

Yes that is sad, but childhood and adolescence can be extremely difficult and lonely for many reasons. I don't think making young gay kids more comfortable is a valid reason to offend a huge segment of the population and confuse young people

Once again, a lot of posters interpret my posts as hating gay people, but they are mostly criticisms of ESPN and their agenda
    Didn't mean to assume anything. Does it bother you to see affection between a man and a woman? Should interracial relationships not be portrayed as well?

In the past, media, movies, on TV, etc there is a lack of portrayal of gay people. I think this contributes to the weirdness you feel when you see 2 men kissing because of a lack of exposure. As time progresses and we see more gay people kiss, it will become normal and won't bother as many people. Espn is doing stuff to change that.

I'm not saying I'm perfect. It made me a little uncomfortable and weirded out seeing Sam kiss that dude like he did. But it should not bother me at all. Think it says something about the society I grew up in and how gays are treated. I should be able to treat it like 2 old people kissing or anyone else in love.

Why is this so hard to see? People watch violent tv shows and love seeing gorey images, but 2 people kissing bothers so many people? Seems kind of silly when you think about it. But one is not a gay hater if it makes you uncomfortable, seems like a pretty normal reaction for a straight person who is not used to seeing that kind of stuff.

My advice to all is stop being so sensitive and offended by people kissing. I think the problem is not with ESPN but you for letting it bother you. You can't control what espn does, only yourself. Adults should be able to handle seeing 2 men kiss.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8975

How is pointing out the fact that something is abnormal or an error the same as having a problem with it? Me and probably everyone else is abnormal in some way.
    It will always be unnatural, thus not something to be flaunted and celebrated. If you are religious you believe it to be immoral, or if you have respect for the natural order of things you find it repulsive or/and counterproductive. If you are neither religious nor care about natural order, you probably just don't care about much in general except maybe chaos. You were probably the guy who wouldn't clean his room or mow his lawn and believed it to be a stance for independence. Well we do care, and just don't want it to be forced upon us and celebrated.
    This is way more than just pointing out that something is different. You call being gay unnatural & repulsive and should be hidden away where you dont have to see it. Also accuse anybody else who doesn't feel the same way of just not caring about anything. That sure sounds like you have a problem with it.

You are under the false impression that I hate gay people. I have gay neighbors and have found out childhood friends are gay. I highly respect many gay people and think a lot of times they have admirable qualities, and I converse with them regularly. However most of them realize that some things are inappropriate and offensive.
    Calling bs on this...doubt these any of these gay people you with "converse" find gay affection and pda anymore inappropriate or offensive than straight affection and pda.

I think the disagreement is about what makes a better society.
    Guess we're all in agreement on this.

Again, I think we agree on this. Just don't tell me it's normal and if you want to bombard the public with images of gay affection I will criticize you and call for a boycott.
    There you go again...supposedly dont have a problem with gay people (and lets be honest this is really about gay men), but then when its out in the open...it needs to be put back in the closet where nobody has to see it and be potentially uncomfortable. Out of site, out of mind.

Yes that is sad, but childhood and adolescence can be extremely difficult and lonely for many reasons. I don't think making young gay kids more comfortable is a valid reason to offend a huge segment of the population and confuse young people.
    Yea, screw the gay kids trying to figure their lives out...there are adults we need to protect from feeling uncomfortable. As for the other kids, they'll be fine. Kids who aren't gay are not gonna start acting different because they've exposed to gay people. Might actually be good for them...so in the future when they do come across gays they'll be prepared and wont get all weird about it.

Once again, a lot of posters interpret my posts as hating gay people, but they are mostly criticisms of ESPN and their agenda
    You might not hate gay people...but you from your posts it definitely seems like you disapprove of them. If you really didn't have an issue, you wouldn't care about Espn's agenda.
    Last edited by bigtymer56; 05-12-14 at 11:57 PM.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

You guys make some good points. There are a lot of things you are accusing me of in the previous two posts.

I think the overriding theme is that some still feel I have a problem with and hatred towards gays. Well if that were so, wouldn't I just be making random gay bashing threads all the time?

I made this thread as a direct result of ESPN purposefully bombarding the public. Oh they didn't know it was going to happen? Ok maybe once that would be believable, but they replayed and replayed it and awarded it #1 in the top 10 plays or whatever they call it. Come on

Optional
    Optional's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9201

You guys make some good points. There are a lot of things you are accusing me of in the previous two posts.

I think the overriding theme is that some still feel I have a problem with and hatred towards gays. Well if that were so, wouldn't I just be making random gay bashing threads all the time?

I made this thread as a direct result of ESPN purposefully bombarding the public. Oh they didn't know it was going to happen? Ok maybe once that would be believable, but they replayed and replayed it and awarded it #1 in the top 10 plays or whatever they call it. Come on
    I don't know about hate, but think you are close minded about homosexuality despite protesting you want to discuss it.

Many things are not normal to you or me. That doesn't stop it being hateful for us to demand its wrong or should be hidden away simply because it's 'abnormal' in our opinion.

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29910

No, because you're smart enough to realize an argument has more power when you at least feign that you're approaching it rationally. Nobody with any brains cares about the opinion of an idiot who just yells really loud about something.

The dangerous bigots are the ones who pretend they're approaching the topic objectively when really they have a biased agenda

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    No, because you're smart enough to realize an argument has more power when you at least feign that you're approaching it rationally. Nobody with any brains cares about the opinion of an idiot who just yells really loud about something.

The dangerous bigots are the ones who pretend they're approaching the topic objectively when really they have a biased agenda
    O you mean ESPN and every other media channel out there?

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29910

I suppose if you're a bigot you can look at the "liberals" in the same way. The key difference is that one side is intolerant, and the other side is intolerant of intolerance. Just fundamentally, one side is clearly hateful and aggressive, and the other side is PROTECTING those who are being attacked. I guess if the core of your being tells you that being hateful is better than being accepting, then go for it. I feel sorry for you if those are your internal morals though. Even most good Christians realize that love is better than hate. Thats sort of one of the core tenets of the philosophy. Yet people are so eager to be hateful that they'll jump on one 1 bible verse out of a million that is hateful towards homosexuality. That's a desperately obvious example of looking for an excuse. If you want to be a hateful son of a bitch, then go ahead and do it. But don't try to blame God or a book on the fact that you're a piece of shit. Nobody's buying that. Accept your own hatefulness
    Last edited by blankoblanco; 05-20-14 at 01:06 AM.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    I suppose if you're a bigot you can look at the "liberals" in the same way. The key difference is that one side is intolerant, and the other side is intolerant of intolerance. Just fundamentally, one side is clearly hateful and aggressive, and the other side is PROTECTING those who are being attacked. I guess if the core of your being tells you that being hateful is better than being accepting, then go for it. I feel sorry for you if those are your internal morals though. Even most good Christians realize that love is better than hate. Thats sort of one of the core tenets of the philosophy. Yet people are so eager to be hateful that they'll jump on one 1 bible verse out of a million that is hateful towards homosexuality. That's a desperately obvious example of looking for an excuse. If you want to be a hateful son of a bitch, then go ahead and do it. But don't try to blame God or a book on the fact that you're a piece of shit. Nobody's buying that. Accept your own hatefulness
    What does all that have to do with feeling public displays of homosexual affection should not be celebrated on one of the most watched networks during primetime?
    Points Awarded:

sourtwist gave TheCentaur 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    They are not quite done indoctrinating everyone just yet.

This is not ok...
    If your a parent, you wouldn't want your children looking at this when your watching a "sports" channel. Indoctrination indeed.

First 12