View Poll Results: How do you feel about Affirmative Action?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's a good thing. It promotes equality and diversity.

6 27.27%
  • It's a bad thing. It promotes inequality and racism.

16 72.73%
    JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3643

POLL: How do you feel about Affirmative Action?

How do you feel about affirmative action?

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

How do you feel about nepotism?

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8987

Saloon

Zeus54
    Zeus54's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 490

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    How do you feel about affirmative action?
    its stupid and racist in its own right. Jobs where you co-workers, cops, firemen etc. should not have to worry about the guy watching their back scoring lower on the test to get in just because they have to fill a quota.

Mitchell88

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus54 View Post
    lmao, I was just picturing that scene as I wrote

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell88 View Post
    its stupid and racist in its own right. Jobs where you co-workers, cops, firemen etc. should not have to worry about the guy watching their back scoring lower on the test to get in just because they have to fill a quota.

Swaggy P
    Swaggy P's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

The majority of whites are racists. History says it all.

Affirmative action is a great tool to keep their racism at bay and promote equality. If they don't like that then fukk em

Mitchell88

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggy P View Post

Affirmative action is a great tool to keep their racism at bay and promote equality. If they don't like that then fukk em
    now it our fault that we are smarter

Swaggy P

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell88 View Post
    now it our fault that we are smarter
    Smarter in what ways? Committing genocide of non whites and destroying this planet?

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11029

Necessary to offset good old boys network which exists all over America in all industries

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Sorry to say, you're right. If left up to employers, schools or whatever else affirmative action creates, there wouldn't be
    minorities co mingling or getting ahead. The govt has to step in and level the playing field.

Having said that, I don't agree with dumbing down tests or having quotas to fill.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Think it goes both ways depending on the situation. Like most things.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Sorry to say, you're right. If left up to employers, schools or whatever else affirmative action creates, there wouldn't be
    minorities co mingling or getting ahead.
    Nice theory

Problem with it is one of the most hated groups, East Asians, have flourished in the USA and employers fall over each other trying to hire them

Swaggy P

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    Nice theory

Problem with it is one of the most hated groups, East Asians, have flourished in the USA and employers fall over each other trying to hire them
    You're under the false assumption that East Asians are the most "hated" group in America.

TheCentaur

You're under the false assumption that East Asians are the most "hated" group in America.
    No I'm not. Not now because they haven't blamed everyone else for their problems throughout history and have assimilated and prospered. They were abhorred after WWII though

Swaggy P

No I'm not. Not now because they haven't blamed everyone else for their problems throughout history and have assimilated and prospered. They were abhorred after WWII though
    Are you sure it's always the blacks that never wanted to assimilate? Have you heard of something called Jim Crow?

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    minorities co mingling or getting ahead
    . The govt has to step in and level the playing field.

Having said that, I don't agree with dumbing down tests or having quotas to fill.
    Do you seriously ever think about the shit you say logically?

Nearly every time you make a point you say something that is the exact opposite of what you're trying to argue or you say something that would be used against your argument, nearly every penetrating time.

Affirmative action has been around 50 years now, minorities have really done a great job getting ahead in that time.

Hey but at least you were half-right, it does create "co-mingling" lol
    Last edited by brooks85; 05-02-14 at 04:29 PM.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

all this racism shit will be a thing of the past in the long run.....cant stop the melting pot...However very crazy to think MLK would still be alive today if not killed....How many honest Americans sat and watched without acting....that's the true shame IMO....

TheCentaur

Are you sure it's always the blacks that never wanted to assimilate? Have you heard of something called Jim Crow?
    I take the change of subject as conceding you were wrong about Asians not being most hated at one time?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I think if a white basketball player dunks a ball that it should be worth more than 2 points.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JohnGalt2341

Swaggy P

I take the change of subject as conceding you were wrong about Asians not being most hated at one time?
    That's completely irrelevant. Where's the evidence that East Asians are the more hated group in America? That's more of a personal opinion than anything else.

Blacks on the other hand have been the most hated and discriminated against and is well documented in American history. That's why you have no reply to what I just said.

brooks85

That's completely irrelevant. Where's the evidence that East Asians are the more hated group in America? That's more of a personal opinion than anything else.

Blacks on the other hand have been the most hated and discriminated against and is well documented in American history. That's why you have no reply to what I just said.

Swaggy P

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    I would consider Natives to be on the same level as the black man when it comes to hate from the white bigot.

TheCentaur

Get a clue

During WWII they were locked up in concentration camps and portrayed horribly in the media. Now less than a century later some people still dislike them but they have survived and thrived

They are not the most hated now because they have proven themselves, that's the whole point.

Before that the Irish were despised, now there are only some amusing stereotypes
    Last edited by TheCentaur; 05-02-14 at 04:43 PM.

Swaggy P

Get a clue

During WWII they were locked up in concentration camps and portrayed horribly in the media. Now less than a century later some people still dislike them but they have survived and thrived

They are not the most hated now because they have proven themselves, that's the whole point.
    One thing that happened in ww2 and they are considered in your own words to be the most hated group in America and I'm the one supposed to "get a clue"

Clown.

I'm still waiting on your response to my post on Jim Crow.

brooks85

I would consider Natives to be on the same level as the black man when it comes to hate from the white bigot.
    Really?

I must have missed the sport teams named the Baltimore Africans or San Diego Blackskins, and their mascot Spearchucker Chukquemeka.

Kermit

It is amazing how well Asians have done for themselves in this country and we were at war with them numerous times. You would think that if anyone would really have a tough time making it in this country it would be anyone who is Asian.

Swaggy P

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    Really?

I must have missed the sport teams named the Baltimore Africans or San Diego Blackskins, and their mascot Spearchucker Chukquemeka.
    You want to compare the injustices of slavery and Jim Crown to the name of a fukking sports team?

No more arguing with dumb rednecks. I'm done.

Kermit

You want to compare the injustices of slavery and Jim Crown to the name of a fukking sports team?

No more arguing with dumb rednecks. I'm done.

Personally, I think of a sports team name as more of a tribute to the people.

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    It is amazing how well Asians have done for themselves in this country and we were at war with them numerous times. You would think that if anyone would really have a tough time making it in this country it would be anyone who is Asian.
    I agree, but swaggypee refuses to acknowledge it. He thinks it's worse to have to drink from a different fountain or learn in a different school.

Can you imagine if whites today were forced to be segregated and had to have their own schools, own neighborhoods, own sports leagues, and could only spend say half as much as blacks? We would have a party!

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8583

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    good example.

Affirmative action is racism and anyone who doesn't think so is in denial

Swaggy P

I agree, but swaggypee refuses to acknowledge it. He thinks it's worse to have to drink from a different fountain or learn in a different school.
    It's more than just about "drinking from a different fountain" you stupid oyster. kill yourself you racist white trash.

im done with this convo

TheCentaur

It's more than just about "drinking from a different fountain" you stupid oyster. kill yourself you racist white trash.

im done with this convo
    Were different water fountains and different schools not part of Jim Crow laws? Or you are mad that I didn't list every one of them?

How about stop the denial and have a reasonable discussion...I am trying to. You could start by conceding that the hate and racism Asians used to face in this country was no less than what blacks have faced, but they overcame it and it has largely disappeared or at least has little affect on them now because they don't let it.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Most Asians and Indians that come here, come from well off families.... So you're comparing apples to oranges... The Asians/Indians that are broke are wannabe thugs and dumbfukks... But the news won't tell you that.. Living outside the bubble would..

12 Last