easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Aspirin and vitamin D3 are supposedly cancer preventers according to the ABC TV doctor.
    I take a 325mg and 5000 IU of D3 along with a multi vitamin.

I've quit smoking using the Nicoderm CQ step down patch with the help of St Johns wart (herb).

Thanks for getting back to us Jim, we were getting worried.
    I take St Joh's wart from time to time as well. Supposedly its great for depression.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

All the best to you and your dog...

AchillesTG
    AchillesTG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6000

We're Alive!

I was so stressed out today with the reality that I would have to put Achilles down. His left, rear ACL completely ruptured the other day. Our Vet has been wonderful and has been so compassionate. He told me Rimadyl and Tramadol pain management for the next 3 months or so, will do better than surgery. He will be in intermittent pain, but the muscles around the knee area will strengthen over time, he will always limp, but will be pain free. Granted he cannot chase squirrels and run around chasing critters in the back yard, but he can walk around and live a relatively pain free life.

As for me, I had throat surgery, 5/16/14. Everything went really well. The tumor on my tonsil was a malignant cancer, but did not spread anywhere else. I am cancer free right now. Having a tonsillectomy and vocal cord scrape in your early 50's is difficult. Just swallowing saliva feels like swallowing broken glass. I have not eaten any food since 5/15. Pain, no food, and not smoking has made Jim a Dull Boy! LOL

I consider us very lucky and I need to put some more coins in the Karma bank.
    My wife and I decided, we will start up again feeding the homeless and doing more rummage sales, so we can replenish the food bank at her church.

This has really renewed my faith in humanity. Trolls, haters, good people, gamblers, good gamblers, makes it seem like the old times where neighbors take care of each other. It is unique that people worldwide will rally around a common cause.

We thank you all so much!
    Points Awarded:

easyliving gave AchillesTG 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Untied gave AchillesTG 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

The Giant gave AchillesTG 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

onemoregoal gave AchillesTG 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Big Bear gave AchillesTG 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

eberetta1 gave AchillesTG 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

King Mayan gave AchillesTG 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

gauchojake gave AchillesTG 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

snapperman2 gave AchillesTG 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER

6thtime
    6thtime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 358

That's great news Jim!!
    Thx for the update.
    Stay strong buddy.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Great news Jim!

I know, early 50's is when shit hits the fan. Lost my buddy of 18 years to old age. Large Jack Russell.
    I had arterial stenosis. Had my neck artery cleaned out and PAD in my legs. Had 8 stents put in my legs
    along with angioplasty. Angioplasty hurts like a mofo when they do it. Still not 100%.

Time heals all wounds. Good luck to you and your buddy.

TheDonger
    TheDonger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 869

Hang in there bro Peace and prayers for you.

Had only read the first post. Glad you're doing good!!!!!

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

Have not been in the saloon for a long time and just saw your post. So sorry to hear both about you and your dog but am glad you guys are doing better! Hang in there and I am sure with time you will come back strong!

AchillesTG

Great news Jim!

I know, early 50's is when shit hits the fan. Lost my buddy of 18 years to old age. Large Jack Russell.
    I had arterial stenosis. Had my neck artery cleaned out and PAD in my legs. Had 8 stents put in my legs
    along with angioplasty. Angioplasty hurts like a mofo when they do it. Still not 100%.

Time heals all wounds. Good luck to you and your buddy.
    Wow, sorry to hear that. It seems like you are a fighter though!
    I was healthy as a horse my entire life, until I reached my mid forties, then all hell broke loose. My mind tells me 35 yrs. old, but my body is saying 70. Aw, the Golden Years!

rkelly110

Your fight is harder than mine. If you have a relative with the same as what you have, keep a close eye.
    Everything I had/ have, my aunt has had the exact same thing. We didn't put the two together for a long time.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

reality is life is real and sports is entertainment, keeps life in it's perspective, stay positive and hope it turns out ok for you sir

AchillesTG

Your fight is harder than mine. If you have a relative with the same as what you have, keep a close eye.
    Everything I had/ have, my aunt has had the exact same thing. We didn't put the two together for a long time.
    Unfortunately, had an uncle with the same thing. His spread and he was gone in 6 months.

sergiudec
    sergiudec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 163

Aspirin and vitamin D3 are supposedly cancer preventers according to the ABC TV doctor.
    I take a 325mg and 5000 IU of D3 along with a multi vitamin.

I've quit smoking using the Nicoderm CQ step down patch with the help of St Johns wart (herb).

Thanks for getting back to us Jim, we were getting worried.
    Don"t wanna be ruining your party but these two have little to do with preventing cancer. The only way to "prevent" cancer from developing is to have an abundant supply of molecules capable of interacting with the free radicals which promote abnormal cell growth. These radicals are groups of atoms with an odd nr of electrons which react with Oxygen to promote abnormal cell growth i.e. cancer, cardiovascular issues,etc. They are not static charged thus fortunately a lot of stuff (antioxidants) can bind to them and disrupt their cycle.
    Vitamin D3 is an known antioxidant but there is absolutely NO scientific peer-reviewed evidence that synthetic one can actually create molecules which bind to any free radicals you got developing in your body. This is something, for now, akin to alchemy.

Fortunately the body has already a full bank of antioxidants which it uses to bind and destroy the free radicals. The only problem is that under conditions of poor nutrition, disease, etc, the production of these endogenous antioxidants is severely reduced. Thus to put it simple disease breeds more disease.

Bottom line - stop buying the $49.99 antioxidant miracle pills and focus on your nutrition and exposure to organic pollutants , etc.

rkelly110

Thanks for the info serg. You have to take into account family history also. No cancer in mine that I know of, but
    have every other ailment. Heart, stenosis, Alzheimer's, lung and arthritis.

I take aspirin to thin my blood to get through my narrowed arteries. The vitamin D3, according to the TV doctor said
    people in the north should take a supplement, because the angle of the sun is not as pronounced as the south since
    sunlight produces D3 naturally through the skin. He also said studies have shown taking aspirin and D3 reduces cancer
    risk. ABC's Dr Bressler? (I forget his name)

I get my 5000 IU D3 from Wal-mart for $8.99, but my nutrition does suck and needs improving.

AchillesTG

We're doing really good, feel so lucky.

Achilles watched the game with me last night and brought me one of his balls to play with. He is getting to the point where he stands and drinks out of the sink now, because it is taller.

I have been doing really well after my throat surgery: have not smoked in a month, lost 15lbs, and having more energy. The only drawback is my insurance. I am the IT guy for a family owned Oil Company, that is self insured. I had to pay a little over $3200 out of my pocket, plus I am still waiting for the Oncology and Anesthesiologist bill. So, my choice was cash in some of my bankroll I have maintained since 2009 or take a medical hardship out of my IRA.

Of course, I took the medical hardship, gotta play my games.

With my wife and I, our family members are older and fray, so we did not tell anyone. It was a great relief to unload my burdens onto the SBR brethren! I cannot tell you how much we greatly appreciate such compassion.

Achillesand Jim.jpg

Achilles.jpg

*** I don't know, 3 of the people at the surgical clinic said I look like Billy Joel***
    Last edited by AchillesTG; 06-13-14 at 09:08 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: onemoregoal, rkelly110, and zizoudane10

rkelly110

That's great, Jim. (Billy)

Yeah that outlay of cash for medical sucks, but with the new laws there's a max you have to pay out. $10k I believe.
    Too many people were going bankrupt because of medical bills.

My wife had knee replacement surgery recently. She had to hit her 401k. They want copies of the bills in triplicate,
    want to know if health insurance covered the bill and they pay the bills. You never see the money. What's the deal
    with that? It's your money!

Glad we can be of moral support.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

thanks for posting Jim

best wishes

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Get well soon!!

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Great to hear the good news. Keep making progress and stay away from those cigs. Good work

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

More scam water?

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

Very happy to hear it went well, wish you a speedy recovery. Good luck with your picks.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Never had an opportunity to really get to know you Jim. God bless you. Prayers for you and your family.

Stay strong.

I lost my mother, aunt (her sister), another aunt (her sister), within 1.5 years... all from Cancer. Ever since then... I've been doing endless research on cancer. It's amazing what 4-8 ounces of carrot and green apples from a juicer every 8 hours will do to keep your body more alkaline to fight the cancer. I wish I knew all of this years ago. Please look into it... and fight it with natural foods and the power of prayer. All the best.
    Points Awarded:

manny24 gave TheMoneyShot 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

AchillesTG

The prayers, compassion, and advice are completely overwhelming and helping me keep a positive attitude.

Believe me, I am studying everything I can and grateful that I have two really good doctors. I am following their instructions to the letter. The only thing that sticks in the back of my mind is the 5yr. survival rate, but I am willing to take bets that I will be posting after 5yrs - no doubt in my mind! The odds don't look that pretty, but at least I am a small Favorite, LOL.

Oropharynx and tonsil

• Stage
    • 5-Year Relative Survival Rate
    • I
    • 56%*
    • II
    • 58%*
    • III
    • 55%*
    • IV
    • 43%

***Weird that Stage II has the highest survival rate

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

i've heard vitamin b17 is good for cancer.

AchillesTG

OMG, My wife brought me good ole Texas pork and beef ribs!
    Ever since my surgery, I have had a couple of dreams about eating some ribs.

I can finally eat them without pain. God Bless Texas Barbecue!

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by AchillesTG View Post
    OMG, My wife brought me good ole Texas pork and beef ribs!
    Ever since my surgery, I have had a couple of dreams about eating some ribs.

I can finally eat them without pain. God Bless Texas Barbecue!
    Good to hear, hope all is well and improving with you and Achilles.

AchillesTG

Just an Update

I never thought a 5' 10", 130lb. German Shepherd could survive a completely ruptured ACL. Achilles is doing great. He does not limp, is in no pain, we take long walks, and he still plays with his toys and watches games with me. However, no more jumping on trees chasing squirrels or running around catching armadillos or possum; he is happy!

Since my throat cancer, I have been back for a couple of follow ups. My tests came out good, but my white blood cell count is 70.5; average is 3.5 -- 10.5. My body is still fighting an infection, but the Oncologist and Internal Medicine cannot find the cause.

Hell, my eyes open in the morning and I am so damn happy to be above the dirt! I look at my wife and she is fine and Achilles is waiting for a walk.
    What a great day!

Not sure where I heard this, but "The roller coaster is always more fun than the ferris wheel".

Everybody has something going on, but waking up is a great treat! Living is the hard part, dying is way too easy. I am going to keep fighting the fight!

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14308

Good job playa

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Jim every step that goes well for you don't forget to thank your maker.
    Not a bad idea to keep a bible opened and fill your head with some good thoughts.
    Im praying for both you and your dog.
    When someone gets bad news about being sick it usually leads to praying and asking for help.
    When people recover they forget about praying and being thankful.
    Always be humble always be thankful....your still here Jim thats todays blessing.
    Stay calm for your family Stay Strong bud!!!!!

AchillesTG

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    Jim every step that goes well for you don't forget to thank your maker.
    Not a bad idea to keep a bible opened and fill your head with some good thoughts.
    Im praying for both you and your dog.
    When someone gets bad news about being sick it usually leads to praying and asking for help.
    When people recover they forget about praying and being thankful.
    Always be humble always be thankful....your still here Jim thats todays blessing.
    Stay calm for your family Stay Strong bud!!!!!
    Thanks Man!
    Yes, you are correct, people start praying when things go bad!

No matter what life deals to me, I will remain upbeat and positive.

Thank you for the support!

the_orangekat
    the_orangekat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Wish you the best man. Hang in there.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Like my man Nas said "Lifes a bitch and then you die" it doesn't really suck there are many things to enjoy in life. You just have to find them yes there are rough patches but that's what makes it life. Only thing guaranteed they say is death. But RIDE this mofo out and try to have as much fun memories in the process enjoy fam, friends, or whatever makes you happy man...BOL

AchillesTG

Quote Originally Posted by SBRMAN23 View Post
    Like my man Nas said "Lifes a bitch and then you die" it doesn't really suck there are many things to enjoy in life. You just have to find them yes there are rough patches but that's what makes it life. Only thing guaranteed they say is death. But RIDE this mofo out and try to have as much fun memories in the process enjoy fam, friends, or whatever makes you happy man...BOL
    Thank you sir!
    Family and Friends are really important!

First 123 Last