Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Congrats to Pope John Paul II on Becoming a Saint Today

One of the most well traveled Popes, attributed with bringing down communism, miracles, unifying people around the world, forgiving the one who tried to kill him, and much more. A great man, leader, and Pope we should be remembering today

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Yeah, I had no idea this was even happening. Last one I remember was Mother Theresa, and there was some debate on that.

Great for both popes (Jon the 23rd in there too, whoever that is). A huge event for Catholics everywhere.

How many posts until this thread becomes something it shouldn't?

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

I remember when they started attributing miracles to pope john ll setting the stage for this. He was a great pope.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/Lo...I_miracle.html

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

that story is lunacy

just as the story of him curing parkinsons and an aneurysm

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24932

It's about time the Saints make some moves this offseason. The NFC South isn't getting any easier.

Burkina2008
    Burkina2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    One of the most well traveled Popes, attributed with bringing down communism, miracles, unifying people around the world, forgiving the one who tried to kill him, and much more. A great man, leader, and Pope we should be remembering today
    Still a hypocrit as all popes, cardinals, bishops, priests...

Seaweed congrats on opening another great topic

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

The pope who turned a blind eye to all the abuses scandals
    The pope who's right hand was a member of the hitler youth and became pope himself after John Pauls death

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    How many posts until this thread becomes something it shouldn't?
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkina2008 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by minet123 View Post
    The pope who's right hand was a member of the hitler youth and became pope himself after John Pauls death

<br>

<br>

Okay, looks like six posts was the winner.

I should have set the line at 4 for the O/U. I was about to.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

huh?

That would be great news to a billion or so people if it were the case.

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by minet123;21740553[B
    ]The pope who turned a blind eye to all the abuses scandals [/B]
    Ahh, it wasn't really that aweful Minet. They just moved the bad apples around from parish to paris, and city to city so they didn't touch the same boys but got access to new meat.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3621

do tell.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Nobody hates the Catholic Church. They only hate what they believe to be the Catholic Church.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Pope John Paul ll was an incredible person and Catholic. Just do a quick google search of his accomplishments.

Burkina2008

Pope John Paul ll was an incredible person and Catholic. Just do a quick google search of his accomplishments.
    His best accomplishment was to f.uck up less than most of the other popes

Seaweed
    Update your status

His best accomplishment was to f.uck up less than most of the other popes
    e was well conversant in as many as 8 languages and an expert in 13 languages. Previous popes were not very enthusiastic when it came to travelling to different countries. They usually preferred to stay at the Vatican and occasionally traveled to a few places in Europe. However, John Paul II was distinctly different in this regard. He travelled extensively to as many as 125 foreign countries. Even if you combine the sum total of all the places visited by the other popes, it would not cross this figure. This is an accomplishment in itself.

The greatest achievement of John Paul 2 can be said to be his endorsement of human rights all over the world. As his first tour, he travelled to his native Poland in the year 1979 in order to support the Solidarity trade union movement which was concerned with opposing Communism. Gradually, Poland witnessed its downfall after a struggle of ten years. There are a number of firsts that can be attributed to him. He was the first Pope who visited the famous Jewish Synagogue situated in Rome and the Auschwitz Holocaust memorial. He also played an instrumental role in the Jewish-Christian reconciliation because his aim was to unite these two great religions of the world.

John Paul ii can be credited with bringing many modern elements to the Vatican. Satellite transmissions are now used and video cassettes are produced for educational and didactic purposes. He was also a skilled writer. His contribution to Vatican Council II is significant. Luminous mysteries were added to the Rosary by Pope. He wrote more than 150 volumes of explanatory encyclicals. A book was also written by him in the year 1979 by the name of “The Future of the Church”. His documents dealt with different facets of Catholic life along with some of the most vital issues in the world.

Burkina2008

e was well conversant in as many as 8 languages and an expert in 13 languages. Previous popes were not very enthusiastic when it came to travelling to different countries. They usually preferred to stay at the Vatican and occasionally traveled to a few places in Europe. However, John Paul II was distinctly different in this regard. He travelled extensively to as many as 125 foreign countries. Even if you combine the sum total of all the places visited by the other popes, it would not cross this figure. This is an accomplishment in itself.

The greatest achievement of John Paul 2 can be said to be his endorsement of human rights all over the world. As his first tour, he travelled to his native Poland in the year 1979 in order to support the Solidarity trade union movement which was concerned with opposing Communism. Gradually, Poland witnessed its downfall after a struggle of ten years. There are a number of firsts that can be attributed to him. He was the first Pope who visited the famous Jewish Synagogue situated in Rome and the Auschwitz Holocaust memorial. He also played an instrumental role in the Jewish-Christian reconciliation because his aim was to unite these two great religions of the world.

John Paul ii can be credited with bringing many modern elements to the Vatican. Satellite transmissions are now used and video cassettes are produced for educational and didactic purposes. He was also a skilled writer. His contribution to Vatican Council II is significant. Luminous mysteries were added to the Rosary by Pope. He wrote more than 150 volumes of explanatory encyclicals. A book was also written by him in the year 1979 by the name of “The Future of the Church”. His documents dealt with different facets of Catholic life along with some of the most vital issues in the world.
    So he liked to travel...thats a great accomplishment if u live on 2 dollars a day, not if u have unlimited funds

Lech Wallesa has nothing on the Pope...

Satellite TV? Video Cassettes? U mean that if he hadnt been elected they would still be watching Lazio play on black and white Tvs and using diskettes on 286 pcs?

These arguments are ridiculous, is like saying that Stalin was good because he did worst things than Pol Pot...

actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16697

Seaweed,
    Your threads suck now

Signed,
    Everyone

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post

Ahh, it wasn't really that aweful Minet. They just moved the bad apples around from parish to paris, and city to city so they didn't touch the same boys but got access to new meat.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Those who seek the truth will find it. I pray for you all.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Lavishing dead cult leaders with new titles. Nice. Hell of a boys club they got over there.

I wonder if he was forced to suck dick as a small boy?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Anyone know what happened to John Paul I? And his crusade to clean up the vatican bank...

JPII had two big issues he could have affected the world on. Aids/condom use and cleaning up the pedophile club in his church.

He killed millions upon millions in Africa denying aids and decrying condom use.

And the pedophile clan still runs the church and probably has even more power than it did before JPII

Saint my ass.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

I've been to his place of birth in Poland

Got a twix and a coke from the little store there

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

He killed millions upon millions in Africa denying aids and decrying condom use.
    Oh yeah, that's why they were fuking and raping and not using condoms, because the Pope said it was ok

So now that condoms are shipped there by the millions and every scientist says AIDS is real everything has changed there and AIDS has seen a dramatic decline? Come on Opti

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    Oh yeah, that's why they were fuking and raping and not using condoms, because the Pope said it was ok

So now that condoms are shipped there by the millions and every scientist says AIDS is real everything has changed there and AIDS has seen a dramatic decline? Come on Opti
    Not just the Pope, muslim leaders were just as backward and remain a problem in getting safe sex messages out and treatments approved.

And yes, aids rates have dramatically declined in Africa since the Catholic church dropped it's opposition, which removed the moral authority governments were using to deny spending on aids control and treatments. Depends what you read to get numbers but wiki article suggests around 30% drop in the last 10 years.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: zizoudane10

Seaweed
    Update your status

Not just the Pope, muslim leaders were just as backward and remain a problem in getting safe sex messages out and treatments approved.

And yes, aids rates have dramatically declined in Africa since the Catholic church dropped it's opposition, which removed the moral authority governments were using to deny spending on aids control and treatments. Depends what you read to get numbers but wiki article suggests around 30% drop in the last 10 years.

Live a life of chastity until marriage and none of this would be an issue. Catholic Church is and forever will be opposed to condoms.

TheCentaur

I concede there may be something to that as far as more and better treatment now, but if the pope's messages are that powerful how about also listening to him and not simultaneously fornicating with multiple partners which is really the immediate cause of the spread of AIDS in Africa

Seaweed
    Update your status

I concede there may be something to that as far as more and better treatment now, but if the pope's messages are that powerful how about also listening to him and not simultaneously fornicating with multiple partners which is really the immediate cause of the spread of AIDS in Africa

Optional

Yeah true. Can't just pick and choose which words to follow I guess.

Although I'd go with listen to none myself. Root myself silly and use condoms.

Burkina2008

Seaweed's dad listened to the pope and look what happened...

I/O

also helps that the stupid none listening are dead....the people still alive actually changed their social behavior and/or learned from the stupid

Laws of Natural Selection always have a say

I/O

Seaweed's dad listened to the pope and look what happened...
    Don't do Weeder's folks like that. They disowned him long ago and have taken no credit for what he's become.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    Don't do Weeder's folks like that. They disowned him long ago and have taken no credit for what he's become.

theclutch7
    theclutch7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

1 billion of us and more!Thanks for your spiritual,service, to us believers!

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

It's funny.

They credit him for bringing down communism, but he couldn't stop pedophilia in his own church.

12 Last