greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Burkina resulting to 200 year old history about slavery to argue that tipping at a restaurant is a stupid custom. Guy is bearer buried here.

Burkina2008
    Burkina2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    Burkina resulting to 200 year old history about slavery to argue that tipping at a restaurant is a stupid custom. Guy is bearer buried here.
    I was not the one pushing History lessons...so u clearly dont even know how to read, also truly american...

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Burkina2008 View Post
    I was not the one pushing History lessons...so u clearly dont even know how to read, also truly american...
    Never knew being illiterate is also an American stereotype in Europe

I guess it makes up for all of the Europeans butchering the English language to death

Burkina2008

well it is a stereotype...and with some truth to it

reguarding language buchering, well its difficult because most of us speak from 3 to 5 languages while Ive met very few Americans that spoke more than 2...

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2774

burkina....you are totally missing the point...Bottom line, you and Ronald McDonald are both cheap ass tightwads who have no business eating out since you obviously can't afford a decent 20 - 30% tip....btw, you are not making an employee stinkin' rich by tipping them that amount..It's a matter of principle, not money....PS...don't be surprised the next time someone jacks off on your filet mignon...

Burkina2008

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    burkina....you are totally missing the point...Bottom line, you and Ronald McDonald are both cheap ass tightwads who have no business eating out since you obviously can't afford a decent 20 - 30% tip....btw, you are not making an employee stinkin' rich by tipping them that amount..It's a matter of principle, not money....PS...don't be surprised the next time someone jacks off on your filet mignon...
    Dude when I am here i do tip obviouly because I know how things work and people need money since wages in the US are crap. But this does not mean I find it a good practice. Like I said before, are u gonna tip a policemen that just gave u a ticket because he is doing a good job? Why not, he is being excellent at his job...

Videos os "stupid americans" are like the best thing ever...the concept was first presented by an Australian TV network and there are even some made by fellow americans...like this one from BYU students...

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Yeah Europe has no dumb people.......Just look at their soccer ultras and hooligans, guys can't even watch a fukkin game without trying to kill eachother

A ton of Americans are truly dumb fukks with zero awareness outside of their own bubbles, no arguments from me.....but something tells me you will find a ton of morons in every single European country as well

greenhippo

Burkina so poor he can't even afford $5 to tip a server.

Burkina2008

Dude when I am here i do tip obviouly because I know how things work and people need money since wages in the US are crap. But this does not mean I find it a good practice. Like I said before, are u gonna tip a policemen that just gave u a ticket because he is doing a good job? Why not, he is being excellent at his job...

Videos os "stupid americans" are like the best thing ever...the concept was first presented by an Australian TV network and there are even some made by fellow americans...like this one from BYU students...

Burkina so poor he can't even afford $5 to tip a server.

Now really? Cant u read or are u just really mentally challenged?

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2774

What in the name of god does tipping a server have to do with some Americans being stupid?!.......two different issues entirely!...

Burkina2008

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Yeah Europe has no dumb people.......Just look at their soccer ultras and hooligans, guys can't even watch a fukkin game without trying to kill eachother
    be
    A ton of Americans are truly dumb fukks with zero awareness outside of their own bubbles, no arguments from me.....but something tells me you will find a ton of morons in every single European country as well
    I am sure there are, but we dont elect them as presidents like Bush...

Soccer Hooligans and Ultras exist of course, mostly in Eastern Europe but the interviews are on University students in the second video not on people coming outside a NFL game

I am not saying that americans are more stupid than europeans, the way ur system works, from Media to Education makes you believe that there is nothing else besides the US and that makes people uneducated, dumb and docile (so that there is lack of critical thinking).

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

well it is a stereotype...and with some truth to it

reguarding language buchering, well its difficult because most of us speak from 3 to 5 languages while Ive met very few Americans that spoke more than 2...

There is no question Europeans speak more languages then americans. Last time I read the data 56% of Europeans spoke more then one language. The fact is the rest of the world speaks more languages then americans. Did you know 50% of the African continent speak multiple languages? For the record Polyglots is the actual term for people that speak multiple languages, it's Greek for many (poly) language (glots). I am not sure why so many Europeans where that as a badge of honor. They imply that is a measure of success. If speaking more then one language is a clear indicator or intellect or advanced education can someone please explain to me why Africa where 50% of the population speaks multi languages is such a g-d damn mess? Why do you think that other countries people learn more languages? The reason is simple. English is the dominant language of international business and global communication through the influence of global media and the former British Empire that had established the use of English in regions around the world such as North America, India, Africa, Australia and New Zealand. If other people want to thrive in business or communicate with people world wide they need to learn English. Just remember when an airline from any country in the world is landing in an airport in Any other nation in the world the pilot and the air traffic operators ARE ALL SPEAKING ENGLISH! It is always a good thing to learn another language but the fact is English speaking people do not need to learn another language as much as any other people on earth. All the world business , communications, and transportation are done in English . That is why others learn English and why speaking ANY other language is less important . People get offended by this, but it's the truth.

James D

I am not saying that americans are more stupid than europeans, the way ur system works, from Media to Education makes you believe that there is nothing else besides the US and that makes people uneducated, dumb and docile (so that there is lack of critical thinking).

Burkina,

Can you answer this question for me, how much do you know about the nation of Panama? Don't do a search online answer me honestly. Panama how familiar are you with panama?

FYI I know very little, but please be honest

Burkina2008

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    There is no question Europeans speak more languages then americans. Last time I read the data 56% of Europeans spoke more then one language. The fact is the rest of the world speaks more languages then americans. Did you know 50% of the African continent speak multiple languages? For the record Polyglots is the actual term for people that speak multiple languages, it's Greek for many (poly) language (glots). I am not sure why so many Europeans where that as a badge of honor. They imply that is a measure of success. If speaking more then one language is a clear indicator or intellect or advanced education can someone please explain to me why Africa where 50% of the population speaks multi languages is such a g-d damn mess? Why do you think that other countries people learn more languages? The reason is simple. English is the dominant language of international business and global communication through the influence of global media and the former British Empire that had established the use of English in regions around the world such as North America, India, Africa, Australia and New Zealand. If other people want to thrive in business or communicate with people world wide they need to learn English. Just remember when an airline from any country in the world is landing in an airport in Any other nation in the world the pilot and the air traffic operators ARE ALL SPEAKING ENGLISH! It is always a good thing to learn another language but the fact is English speaking people do not need to learn another language as much as any other people on earth. All the world business , communications, and transportation are done in English . That is why others learn English and why speaking ANY other language is less important . People get offended by this, but it's the truth.

Completly agree with the statement in bold. In Africa people dont speak many "official languagues". They speak local languagues/dialects and most cannot write or read in these languagues. People in Europe speak many languagues because we have integration, we are pluricultural and we have diversity. We dont learn the languagues to communicate with each other, because almost everybody speaks english, but because people will feel more confortable even in a business environment if you speak their mother language.
    Its true and thank god for that, that english is nowadays the norm, but try to make business in China or Russia (markets as big or even bigger than the US) without knowing their language and you will be at a disadvantage.

This resumes completly the vision of europeans compared to americans, we view the world as a whole, you see the world as only the US.

Also go to GB or to Ireland and you will see that people speak other languages besides english...and they didnt "need" to

Burkina2008

I am familiar with Panama because Ive been there, Ive studied history and the importance of the canal...

Burkina2008

Burkina,

Can you answer this question for me, how much do you know about the nation of Panama? Don't do a search online answer me honestly. Panama how familiar are you with panama?

see post above, but this is not what is being asked, they are asking about stuff that americans invaided, Iraq, or big allies to the US, Israel.

Ask me about Malawi and I will know the capital and if I think hard enough, that it was either a french or british colony, but the questions made on the interviews are not so obscure...
    Last edited by Burkina2008; 04-15-14 at 12:04 AM.

James D

Burkina,

I am familiar with Panama because Ive been there, Ive studied history and the importance of the canal...
    Thank you for answering my question. It is quite annoying when you willingly answer someone's questions and they refuse to do the same. I will gladly answer any question you ask me as well. I was not asking about panama in respect to the canal but I will get to that shortly

see post above, but this is not what is being asked, they are asking about stuff that americans invaided, Iraq, or big allies to the US, Israel.

Ask me about Malawi and I will no the capital and if I think hard enough that it was eeither a french or british colony, but the questions made are not so obscure...
    Now I will get to the point I was making when I asked you about panama. You actually helped make my point without even realizing it. You like virtually all people when speaking negatively about americans say we don't have any knowledge of the world and only know about America. That is in some cases true, not all of course, but some Americans know little of the smaller nations. It is a product of being the dominant country in the world. What you fail to realize is people from every nation do the very same thing. Your response to my question about panama was that I was asking about something obscure, why is panama obscure? Then in response to my panama question you referenced Malawi a country that has been around for less then 50 years and barely anyone has ever heard of at all. . What you fail to realize is the way you see panama, a nation you describe as obscure is the same way we see your home country Portugal. If you find that offensive hear me out. Look at the GDP list of 2013. There are 195 countries overall

1 America. 16,244,600
    2.china. 8,358,400
    3 japan 5,396,180

44. Portugal. 212,139
    87. Panama. 36,253
    151. Malawi. 4,212 Only cause you mentioned Malawi

The USA is #1 with a GDP double the closest nation being china. 43 spots below the USA is Portugal . Exactly the same 43 spots below Portugal is panama. That is the sole reason I asked you about panama. You said yourself panama is in your opinion "obscure". What you don't want to realize is to americans your nation Portugal is equally obscure. There is nothing the citizens or leadership of panama is going to do that will impact the people of Portugal. The fact of the matter is there is nothing the people of Portugal are going to do that will impact the people of America.

We americans are not offended that the people of Portugal don't really care about the inner workings or history of countries like panama that are infinitely less significant on the current global stage. Yet somehow we americans are suppose to educate ourselves about over 100 countries that have absolutely no impact on our lives at all.

James D

I love these frustrated americans that take all they see in FOX news and believe that America is the greatest power on earth.

Did you also know that most countries in Europe approved (some with referendums) tax increases on gas to prevent excessive use, did you also know that in 99% of the european countries you can only get gas of 95 octanes or more while in the US regular is 87 (and this makes a hige difference in terms of cost an polution)? Get informed before u comment u stuff u have no idea about.

God Bless America!
    Europe is 3.9 million square miles and has 740 million people (2011)
    America is 3.8 million square miles and has 310 million people (2011)

The reason europeans have higher octane standards and pay double what americans pay for gas is more about necessity then "caring about the environment" like you were espousing earlier. With a population 140% larger then that of the US in virtually the same living area Europe would be uninhabitable if they did not have higher octane requirements. (US is I believe 90 not 87 btw)

I have never stated America is the greatest power on earth but If America is not the greatest power on earth tell me who is?
    Last edited by James D; 04-15-14 at 12:42 AM.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Wanted to read about guys that blew away their money (but hate to give a few bucks extra for good service) - somehow ended reading a Euro vs USA thread?

Since I'm from Germany: Do I have to choose sides? Or may I just lean back and enjoy the show?
    Last edited by zizoudane10; 04-15-14 at 05:49 AM.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    Wanted to read about guys that blew away their money (but hate to give a few bucks extra for good service) - somehow ended reading a Euro vs USA thread?

Since I'm from Germany: Do I have to choose sides? Or may I just lean back and enjoy the show?
    zizouer gets it

zizouer im not gonna argue with you over this as there are enough jerkoff americans to argue with over more relevant shit just as im sure there are enough jerkoff euros for you to argue with over relevant shit

Burkina2008

Thank you for answering my question. It is quite annoying when you willingly answer someone's questions and they refuse to do the same. I will gladly answer any question you ask me as well. I was not asking about panama in respect to the canal but I will get to that shortly

Now I will get to the point I was making when I asked you about panama. You actually helped make my point without even realizing it. You like virtually all people when speaking negatively about americans say we don't have any knowledge of the world and only know about America. That is in some cases true, not all of course, but some Americans know little of the smaller nations. It is a product of being the dominant country in the world. What you fail to realize is people from every nation do the very same thing. Your response to my question about panama was that I was asking about something obscure, why is panama obscure? Then in response to my panama question you referenced Malawi a country that has been around for less then 50 years and barely anyone has ever heard of at all. . What you fail to realize is the way you see panama, a nation you describe as obscure is the same way we see your home country Portugal. If you find that offensive hear me out. Look at the GDP list of 2013. There are 195 countries overall

1 America. 16,244,600
    2.china. 8,358,400
    3 japan 5,396,180

44. Portugal. 212,139
    87. Panama. 36,253
    151. Malawi. 4,212 Only cause you mentioned Malawi

The USA is #1 with a GDP double the closest nation being china. 43 spots below the USA is Portugal . Exactly the same 43 spots below Portugal is panama. That is the sole reason I asked you about panama. You said yourself panama is in your opinion "obscure". What you don't want to realize is to americans your nation Portugal is equally obscure. There is nothing the citizens or leadership of panama is going to do that will impact the people of Portugal. The fact of the matter is there is nothing the people of Portugal are going to do that will impact the people of America.

We americans are not offended that the people of Portugal don't really care about the inner workings or history of countries like panama that are infinitely less significant on the current global stage. Yet somehow we americans are suppose to educate ourselves about over 100 countries that have absolutely no impact on our lives at all.
    Sorry but this is just contradicting, because I never met a coleague from China or from Japan or from any of the G8 countries that did not know where Portugal was. And this also represents how bad the education level of americans is in terms of history and geography. Way before the US was even a country Portugal divided the World with Spain, and we had 3 times more territory than the US today.
    But not just Portugal. You can name Spain or Australia or even the countries your presidents are always talking on TV about (and actually have influence on the US), like Iraq, Iran, North Korea...

And like I told you, besides being 43 spots under Portugal in the GDP ranks, I can point out in a map where Panama is, or even Malawi. Of course I dont know who the president of Panama or Malawi is, but that does not matter to this discussion

Europe is 3.9 million square miles and has 740 million people (2011)
    America is 3.8 million square miles and has 310 million people (2011)

The reason europeans have higher octane standards and pay double what americans pay for gas is more about necessity then "caring about the environment" like you were espousing earlier. With a population 140% larger then that of the US in virtually the same living area Europe would be uninhabitable if they did not have higher octane requirements. (US is I believe 90 not 87 btw)

I have never stated America is the greatest power on earth but If America is not the greatest power on earth tell me who is?
    You do know that gas at those prices is only inside most of the EU countries right? In Russia is cheap as in the USA and they account at least 100-150 milion.

And no..the standart here, at least in NJ, NY, MA and PA is 87...which making just a linear mathematical calculation based on the price difference in Europe between the 95 and 98, close to 10% increase would put gas prices in Europe of an 87 that does not exist close to the 5,20$ galon in California...

Its a fact, that Europe (Excluding Russia) polute less than the US, recycle more, etc...

Last edited by Burkina2008; 04-15-14 at 07:51 AM.

Burkina2008

This is a bit (of course over the top) how America sees the world and how the world sees the US
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-30-14 at 06:25 PM.

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

The problem is he is not being intellectually honest. For example.....
    Kid isn't being "intellectually" anything. He's delusional, but also stupid. Now when you see these weird Euros that bash America on the forums, you get an idea of how much shit they have in their brains and how unreachable they are.

Burkina2008

Quote Originally Posted by jizay View Post
    Kid isn't being "intellectually" anything. He's delusional, but also stupid. Now when you see these weird Euros that bash America on the forums, you get an idea of how much shit they have in their brains and how unreachable they are.
    The quality of ur arguments is amazing, u r probably the debate champion of ur backyard, arent u?

timbaland99
    timbaland99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Tell me one shite laws or custom in Europe (not that u actually know one)

So so so silly...u should be one of those morrons that think that jesus had a broncossarus as a pet
    just wanted to give you a few examples of ridiculous, or "shite laws or customs"

Denmark:

One may not be charged for food at an inn unless that person, by his or her own opinion, is “full”.

Finland:

Taxi drivers must pay royalties if they play music in their cars for paying customers.

England:

With the exception of carrots, most goods may not be sold on Sunday.
    London Hackney Carriages (taxis/cabs) must carry a bale of hay and a sack of oats.
    It is illegal to be drunk on Licensed Premises (in a pub or bar).
    It is illegal for two adult men to have sex in the same house as a third person.
    It is illegal to leave baggage unattended.
    Picking up abandoned baggage is as act of terrorism.
    It is illegal for a lady to eat chocolates on a public conveyance.
    Any boy under the age of 10 may not see a naked mannequin.
    A bed may not be hung out of a window.
    No cows may be driven down the roadway between 10 AM and 7 PM unless there is prior approval from the Commissioner of Police.
    Since 1313, MPs are not allowed to don armor in Parliament.
    Any person found breaking a boiled egg at the sharp end will be sentenced to 24 hours in the village stock.

Scotland

It is illegal to be a drunk while in possession of a cow.
    If someone knocks on your door and requires the use of your residence, you must let them enter.
    You may not fish on Sundays.

France

It is illegal to kiss on railways in France.
    No pig may be addressed as Napoleon by its owner.
    Between the hours of 8AM and 8PM, 70% of the music in the radio must be by French composers.
    It is illegal in Antibes to take photos of police officers or police vehicles, even if they are just in the background.
    An ashtray is considered to be a deadly weapon.

Italy

All gondolas in Venice by law, must be painted black unless they belong to a high ranking official.
    A man may be arrested for wearing a skirt.
    It is illegal to practice the profession of charlatanry.
    Striking someone with a fist is considered a felony.

Ireland:

Any person who shall pretend or exercise to use any type of witchcraft, sorcery, enchantment, or pretend knowledge in any occult or or craft or science shall for any such offense suffer imprisonment at the time of one whole year and also shall be obliged to obscursion for his/her good behavior.

Germany:

A pillow can be considered a “passive” weapon.
    It is illegal for ones car to run out of gas on a highway.
    It is illegal to wear a mask when going on strike..
    Every office must have a view of the sky, however small.

Switzerland:

If you forget you car-keys inside the car and you leave the car open, you will be punished.
    Though it is illegal to produce, store, sell and trade absinth (special alcohol), it is legal to consume it.
    Clothes may not be hung to dry on Sunday.
    You may not wash your car on a Sunday.
    It is considered an offense to mow your lawn on a Sunday, because it causes too much noise.
    It is illegal to flush the toilet after 10 PM.
    A man may not relieve himself while standing up, after 10 PM.
    It is required that every car with snow tires has to have a sticker on its dashboard which tells that the driver should not drive faster than 160 km/h with these tires.

Belgium:

A driver who needs to turn through oncoming traffic has the right of way unless he slows down or stops.

Greece:

All electronic games are banned.

Norway:

Licenses must be bought in order to own television sets, and even VCRs.
    You may not spay your female dog or cat.

Sweden:

While prostitution is legal, it is illegal to use the services of a prostitute.
    You may only own half a meter down in the ground of any land you own.
    It is illegal to repaint a house without a painting license and the government’s permission.

Turkey:

All married women must get their husband’s permission if they wish to have a job, they must live wherever the husband wishes to reside, and they must forfeit all jointly held assets upon divorce from her husband.

You asked for 1 example of "shite laws or custom". Some are more ridiculous than others but, I think I sufficiently destroyed your initial comment.

Btw, you never go full retard. Please keep that in mind when commenting on SBR

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

One thing I cant stand is when restaraunt owners help themselves to the tips.

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

every one of them is black.....

greenhippo

Burkina buried again, this shit is unreal

Burkina2008

Burkina buried again, this shit is unreal
    Dude go back to the school of the mentally chalanged or for the 3$ an hour job you came crawling from

greenhippo

Burkina resulting to childish uneducated internet insults. Guy is too buried to be saved.

Burkina2008

Burkina resulting to childish uneducated internet insults. Guy is too buried to be saved.
    Greenhippo after 7500 posts still cant make an argument...back to school seems the only option

greenhippo

Guy is so buried.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

tipping according to americans is fukkin pathetic

the dennys waitress bringing my $6 meal with a drink does just as much work as the bitch bringing a $60 meal

but you fukks think since you pay more, the server does more.

no they bring the goddamn food. my tip to them is to find a real fukkin job

First 1234