James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mom leaves kids in hot car in AZ to go for job interview. Gets arrested

This really is a crazy story. Woman on food stamps has a job interview and can not find a sitter. She leaves two very young kids, age two and age six months, in car that ends up getting to 100 degrees inside! Someone sees and calls fire dept and she is arrested facing up to 7 years in,prison and losing custody of kids. Here is where it gets crazy, a woman in NJ sees the story and the woman crying in her mug shot and starts an internet campaign hoping to raise 9k for the ladies family and legal trouble. They raise 9k in just a few days and end up raising over 91k in no time. I hate to admit it I am on the ladies side. She was an idiot for what she did but it was out of ignorance not malice. She was jus trying to get a job and better her families life. I hope she gets off and the money changes her life.
    You guys agree or am I a pu@@y? LOL

http://news.yahoo.com/donations-pour...220423301.html

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Gotta say I disagree here. As a parent of a 4 year old myself....never an excuse to leave them in the car especially in that weather. Find a friend/neighbor or someone.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BennyBigNuts

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11490

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    she is arrested facing up to 7 years in,prison and losing custody of kids.
    The fathers of Shanesha's kids are going to put up a stiff custody fight to make her keep them.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10542

Running into the store for something is ok, but an interview takes sometimes a good hour and that's w/o testing.

She could've rescheduled her interview until she found a sitter. Most interviewers give you at least a few days
    notice. She had plenty of time to find someone.

This is just another classic case of stupidity. Watch those afternoon judge shows and see how stupid the general
    public is. The public giving her money is only rewarding stupidity.

Let's Go Rangers
    A moderate voice in the polarized forum
    Let's Go Rangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Happy she was trying to get off Obama's Govt teat, but the children come first.

Like others said, you HAVE TO find someone to watch the shorties.

She isn't some 20 year old with kids...article said she was 35 or something like that.

Hope she gets probation, But a long one that involves child protective services.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

A witness found the infant crying hysterically and sweating profusely as temperatures inside the SUV exceeded 100 degrees.

So a woman leaves her kids in a hot car and some other woman starts a campaign raising money for her? What if a kid went into heat stroke and died? Would money still have been raised?

Bruce Norris
    I'm almost too old to fight.... almost.
    Bruce Norris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3837

Potential job vs. even a 1% chance my kid could die in a car? Screw your job. Pick up a phone, reschedule the interview. Horrible mother.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Gotta say I disagree here. As a parent of a 4 year old myself....never an excuse to leave them in the car especially in that weather. Find a friend/neighbor or someone.
    100% correct.
    How the fukkk can you give this dumb bitch 91k for leaving her kids in a furnace?
    Jesus fukkin Christ I am embarrassed to be an American sometimes because of stupid shit like this.

Yeah, let's reward a dumb kunt for torturing her kids. Odds are she's on drugs, so let's support that habit as well. Because no normal person would ever do it.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    A witness found the infant crying hysterically and sweating profusely as temperatures inside the SUV exceeded 100 degrees.

So a woman leaves her kids in a hot car and some other woman starts a campaign raising money for her? What if a kid went into heat stroke and died? Would money still have been raised?
    If this story catches on for a few days, look for D.C. to draft a bill requiring that all businesses provide onsite day care facilities to ensure this tragedy doesn't occur again . As usual let's not blame the person doing the stupidity, lets blame everyone else for not making things easier on them.

Let's Go Rangers
    A moderate voice in the polarized forum
    Let's Go Rangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    If this story catches on for a few days, look for D.C. to draft a bill requiring that all businesses provide onsite day care facilities to ensure this tragedy doesn't occur again . As usual let's not blame the person doing the stupidity, lets blame everyone else for not making things easier on them.
    But said daycare ONLY for minorities or single mothers.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know what she was doing was stupid and I also had a feeling I was off on this one. Being a parent is also an added perspective I don't have. I just have so so much compassion for working stiffs and the poor trying to better their lives and the picture of her crying was pretty rough. Obviously I hope she doesn't go to prison that would be too harsh.

However I do see by the replies what I expected, that her stupidity and the potential disaster it coud have caused absolutely trumps anything else. Thanks for the replies everyone

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    I know what she was doing was stupid and I also had a feeling I was off on this one. Being a parent is also an added perspective I don't have. I just have so so much compassion for working stiffs and the poor trying to better their lives and the picture of her crying was pretty rough. Obviously I hope she doesn't go to prison that would be too harsh.

However I do see by the replies what I expected, that her stupidity and the potential disaster it coud have caused absolutely trumps anything else. Thanks for the replies everyone
    A little insight on the parent perspective...after the 18 month mark or so any basic competent parent should have the whole travel/errand running thing down. Not saying it ever gets 'easy' until they are closer to 3 and older but you spend so much time perfecting the in and out of the carseats that you have a system that works and always have a backup go to family member or friend for important events such as an interview or whatever. Even when the kids are toddlers, its hectic but NEVER leave them in a heated car or as I've heard in the news before where the mom 'just went to the corner quick stop for some cigarettes, was only gone 10 minutes' and the kids were injured/killed. There was a CPS case in Texas a few years back where CPS came by to visit the child and the mother had just put the baby in the tub, she went to grab a drink from the fridge and open the door for the case worker, came back to the bathroom and the kid had drowned. Sounds nuts but thats the thing with small children, little lungs drown faster than adults, heat exposure is worse to their little body etc. No excuse for these parents that keep doing this crap.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

I have a worse story

WE used to have keno and video poker parlors where I live

One time a stupid woman left her 3 kids in a hot car eating raw potatoes while she was inside gambling

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Stupid? Hell yes

But take her kids away, put them in the foster system and on the taxpayer dime? No

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Pretty much a messed up scenario. She clearly has the idea it is important to earn for her family but common sense is lacking. Putting kids in foster is a crap shoot. Most homes are real bad. Evil you know vs the system.