Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Does anyone here take Ice Baths?

Do they work wonders for sore muscles?

how much ice is neccessary? like a freezer trays worth ?

my first thought is that it would suck... but does your body get used to it after a minute or 2?

is there any danger of hypothermia? i'm trying to do something for my back pain.

ProlificalD
    Update your status
    ProlificalD's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did you try Epsom salts?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by ProlificalD View Post
    Did you try Epsom salts?
    haha bath salts ??? isnt that the stuff that makes people think they are zombies?

ProlificalD
    Update your status
    ProlificalD's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    haha bath salts ??? isnt that the stuff that makes people think they are zombies?
    Epsom salts aren't the same as the man made bath salts...Epsom salts are natural

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

aight i will look for some thanks

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Its BRUTAL.....but a head game for sure...obv it works

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Makes your pecker small

zacher
    Armed Rodgery
    zacher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1499

take one about twice a week…use the ones in the physio rooms huge metal tubs and they dump about 5 20 gallon gatorade coolers of ice in there obviously with cold water...

At home you will need WAY more than a freezer tub full, maybe go buy two bags at the gas station.

They're miserable first couple minutes but you get used to em after awhile..

I will tell you they don't seem to help the soreness as much as the misery.

Donkeys2012
    Donkeys2012's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Do they work wonders for sore muscles?

how much ice is neccessary? like a freezer trays worth ?

my first thought is that it would suck... but does your body get used to it after a minute or 2?

is there any danger of hypothermia? i'm trying to do something for my back pain.

Do you feel the need to make these penetrating retarded posts even more now that Seaweed has given up posting dumb bullshit ?

lucullus
    lucullus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

It is proven to be healthy for you. My experience with them confirms this

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Better treatment for back pain is back extensions and light weight deadlifts for 10-12 reps

Gets the blood flowing through the area and strengthens the muscles surrounding the damaged soft tissue for added support

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

i started working out at a place called 9 round.

these trainers been making sore as fukk gonna pick up 2 bags of ice on the way home...

i just hope i dont get hypothermia.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Anybody know the best way to ice knees or back?

is there something they sell that makes it easier to ice your knees?

i am in constant pain 24/7 ... should i just take advil or what?

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5030

Don't take an ice bath your whole back could seize. Best exercise for the low back is walking outside (not on a treadmill). Walk daily and wait till most muscle soreness subsides before going back to the gym. Do all exercise standing with emphasis on hams, glutes, and static abs (no situps).

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

I can't even stand it when my shower goes cold when someone flushes the toilet!

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

I do ice cold showers every fkn morning since I was little - wouldn't trade that for anything else

used to do ice baths when I was younger and played hockey...but really don't have the need for it anymore

many Russians jump in the freezing cold water for a little swim every year in January to celebrate the holiday of the Epiphany

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    I do ice cold showers every fkn morning since I was little - wouldn't trade that for anything else

used to do ice baths when I was younger and played hockey...but really don't have the need for it anymore

many Russians jump in the freezing cold water for a little swim every year in January to celebrate the holiday of the Epiphany
    'Me Russian, me tough' GTFOH! You have the integrity of a wet paper bag, you fraud.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    'Me Russian, me tough' GTFOH! You have the integrity of a wet paper bag, you fraud.
    no one claims to be tough...and taking ice cold showers certanly doesn't make someone tough -- only a brain dead dumbass like you could glue these two things together

unlike you, my little friend, I don't live in a dream world of one day saving America from imaginary Alien +Soviet invasion
    recon by now I've already lost track of how many times you got served here...you cry about my lex - I post a pic with it and you go quiet
    I throw a poll on this site and get your IP and you scream that you gonna sue SBR for it...I mean How fukkin pathetic can you be recon?

honestly at this point I just feel sorry for your face...I really do

let me know if I can help you in any way...maybe we do some one on one counseling a few times a week... say between 3-4AM your time?

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

I have taken very cold baths/swim in cold lakes.But not for sorness more for being sick and i will tell you it does help with being sick %100 and the flu.If you ever get sick either take a ice cold shower/bath/or lake but if you cant stand that get a 5 gallon buket and fill it with ice a cold water and put your feet in for 5-10 minute intervals.it gets your blood flowing extremely fast through your whole body because it has to go from heart all the way to feet.

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    no one claims to be tough...and taking ice cold showers certanly doesn't make someone tough -- only a brain dead dumbass like you could glue these two things together

unlike you, my little friend, I don't live in a dream world of one day saving America from imaginary Alien +Soviet invasion
    recon by now I've already lost track of how many times you got served here...you cry about my lex - I post a pic with it and you go quiet
    I throw a poll on this site and get your IP and you scream that you gonna sue SBR for it...I mean How fukkin pathetic can you be recon?

honestly at this point I just feel sorry for your face...I really do

let me know if I can help you in any way...maybe we do some one on one counseling a few times a week... say between 3-4AM your time?
    "Aliens", "soviet invasion" "i'm gonna sue SBR" You are not only aconfirmed liar, but a drama Queen.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

little recon you're out of ammunition in this fight
    spending your days doing nothing but watching youtube vids about guns and dreaming how you're going to one day save the US, is not advancing in life
    do all of us a favor and just give up on your pathetic existence...you're half way there -- it's time for the final push

I'll be the first one to say Thank You!