slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

GWAR Frontman Dave Brockie (aka Oderus Urungus) Reportedly Dead At 50

According to various reports, GWAR frontman Dave Brockie, also known as Oderus Urungus, has been found dead in his home. He was fifty years old. Chris Bopst, a former Gwar bassist and current writer for Style Weekly stated: "I wish it was a joke. Everyone is in shock."
    "Dave was one of the funniest, smartest, most creative and energetic persons I've known," another former Gwar bassist Mike Bishop added. "He was brash sometimes, always crass, irreverent, he was hilarious in every way. But he was also deeply intelligent and interested in life, history, politics and art."

I never really liked there music but it was a cool gimmick they had, Rip Dave

http://www.metalunderground.com/news...?newsid=101229

Justin3587
    Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

Did they ever find out a cause of death?

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

I like whenever one of these weirdo music guys die everyone has to bring up how intelligent they were. They dress like wackos, spray the audience with fake bodily fluids and make songs about raping babies and necrophilia. Oh but in interviews they talk about how much they hate George Bush and know about the war? Wow they're so deep!

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

GWAR probably has made some of the worst music in the history of music. When was the last time you got in someone's car and said "Wow who is this? this music is great! Dude, that is GWAR" I remember once Dave said that Rob Zombie was a tired mixture of other people's styles. This is coming from a band that was on Jerry Springer.

Regardless of my displeasure towards them, R.I.P. to Dave Brockie

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

That Springer show was the first time I heard of them. Never listened to any of their shit tho.

Justin3587

Their music might suck but they make more than you guys. So, hate on. They love it. As well as I do.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by Justin3587 View Post
    Their music might suck but they make more than you guys. So, hate on. They love it. As well as I do.
    Nice retort.

And Rob Zombie makes more money and has better music than they do, yet they bashed him.

Justin3587

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Nice retort.

And Rob Zombie makes more money and has better music than they do, yet they bashed him.
    So what? That makes you a follower for doing exactly what they did. Way to be a winner.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

I always enjoyed his appearances on the Dan Patrick show.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

They were a live band..No one listened to their albums. Their live shows were fuking fun 20 yrs ago.

(Same with Flaming Lips. Shit albums, rad concerts.)

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

i saw gwar once after i heard that it was some of the more shocking shit you'd ever see

they had a fukkin lacey peterson mannequin that they decapitated and killed the baby then proceeded to spray the audience with some sort of blood like fluid

quality entertainment

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Damn I pull-up sbr to find info on games and I get stuck watching a jerry springer vid about gwar

rip gwar guy

bostonboss
    bostonboss's Avatar Become A Pro!

look up gwar on you tube covering billy oceans' get out of my dreams/get into my car and kansas' carry on my wayward son....classic.

Magnolia Slim
    Magnolia Slim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

Quote Originally Posted by Justin3587 View Post
    Did they ever find out a cause of death?
    I got a girlfriend that was real tight with him and she was sayin on Facebook that he was a real heavy drinker and that he stopped cold turkey and it killed him.. She posted some texts between them about a week before he died where he said he was gunna smoke good pot and fu ck the rest. At least he was trying to right himself at the end.. Crazy part is if he would have kept drinking he would still be here.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Slim View Post
    I got a girlfriend that was real tight with him and she was sayin on Facebook that he was a real heavy drinker and that he stopped cold turkey and it killed him.. She posted some texts between them about a week before he died where he said he was gunna smoke good pot and fu ck the rest. At least he was trying to right himself at the end.. Crazy part is if he would have kept drinking he would still be here.

Same thing happened to Townes Van Zandt