Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Russian Deputy Prime Minister is trolling Obama on Twitter

US President Barack Obama has ordered that sanctions be applied against 11 Russian and Ukrainian officials, the White House said. Earlier, the EU imposed sanctions against 21 officials after Crimea declared its independence.
    The US has imposed sanctions against Russian and Ukrainian officials on Monday, with the White House stating that "the actions and policies" of the Russian government with respect to Ukraine "undermine democratic processes and institutions in Ukraine; threaten its peace, security, stability, sovereignty, and territorial integrity; and contribute to the misappropriation of its assets."

Obama’s executive order applies to seven top Russian officials, including presidential aide Vladislav Surkov, presidential adviser Sergey Glazyev, State Duma deputy Leonid Slutsky, member of the upper chamber of the Russian parliament (the Federation Council) Andrey Klishas, head of the upper chamber of the Russian parliament Valentina Matvienko, Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin and State Duma deputy Yelena Mizulina.

In addition, the US Treasury has imposed sanctions on four Ukrainian individuals “for their actions or policies that threaten the peace, security, stability, sovereignty, or territorial integrity of Ukraine and in undermining the Government of Ukraine” including the ousted President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovich, Crimean top officials Sergey Aksyonov and Vladimir Konstantinov, and former Ukrainian presidential chief of staff Viktor Medvedchuk.

Obama's order states that it came into effect at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time on March 17, 2014. Later that morning shortly before 11 a.m., the president addressed the nation from the White House in Washington, DC to briefly discuss the latest course of action.

During his remarks, Pres. Obama acknowledged that the new executive order “expands the scope of sanctions” against Russia, “making it clear that there are consequences for their actions.” He also said that Vice President Joe Biden will be traveling to Europe later Monday evening to meet with officials in Poland, Latvia, Estonia and Lithuanian, and Obama himself will travel to Europe next week to speak with NATO partners.

“The international community will continue to stand together to oppose any violations to Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity,” Obama warned, adding that, “If Russia continues to interfere in Ukraine, we stand ready to impose further sanctions.”

According to Obama’s executive order, the sanctions are aimed at targeting the assets of the officials listed and to bar them from entering US territory.
    However, this measure cannot affect those without assets abroad, said Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin, who was named on the list.

Andrey Klishas, a member of the Federation Council, also among the sanctioned officials, noted that he was “quite satisfied” with the company of people he found himself in.
    State Duma deputy, Yelena Mizulina, was also perplexed by her addition to the list.

“The decision is puzzling – although we’ve expected sanctions – because I don’t have any accounts or real estate abroad, nor do my family members live abroad…Why was particularly I included?”

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RubberKettle

RealSlimShady
    RealSlimShady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11489

RR, how far do you think Putin is willing to go in controlling Ukraine?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nobody respects Obama around the world

He is a Pres
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 03-17-14 at 05:26 PM.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by RealSlimShady View Post
    RR, how far do you think Putin is willing to go in controlling Ukraine?
    He is fully controlling the Crimea region of Ukraine right now, he doesn't need the entire country. The most important part of this operation has been already done - Ukraine is left without any access to sea ports.

But to answer your question - He'll go as far as he needed to go and no one will stop him.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

He is a pussy Pres
    JJ what should we do??

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    JJ what should we do??

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mayan I could care less if Russia takes over entire Ukraine

got my own fukkin issues

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

got my own fukkin issues
    so why you calling Obama a pussy??

I think Obama thinks like you do.. But he has to say something to appease these neo con pussies.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    so why you calling Obama a pussy??

I think Obama thinks like you do.. But he has to say something to appease these neo con pussies.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Nothing to see here.....nothing the EU and US can do.....all this talk is for show.

You think Russia going to let the west steal Ukraine

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    Nothing to see here.....nothing the EU and US can do.....all this talk is for show.

You think Russia going to let the west steal Ukraine
    exactly...nothing new to see here, just another billions of dollars wasted by Barack...BAU

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

He is a pussy Pres
    Id edit if I were you if any of his staff saw this you could be deleted in 5,4,3,2... thank me later.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Once Putin saw that BO was interested in emasculating the USA, he was more than willing to help/oblige. Anybody with a resume could have done a few simple things to lift the American economy and destroy the Russian economy (such as it is). Russian oligarchs privately are more than amused and surprised at the idiots we have elected.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by katstale View Post
    Once Putin saw that BO was interested in emasculating the USA, he was more than willing to help/oblige. Anybody with a resume could have done a few simple things to lift the American economy and destroy the Russian economy (such as it is). Russian oligarchs privately are more than amused and surprised at the idiots we have elected.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

We could wipe russia off the map if we wanted to

Not worth the time and money though

RealSlimShady
    RealSlimShady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11489

got my own fukkin issues
    JJ, you look like Putin

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    We could wipe russia off the map if we wanted to

Not worth the time and money though
    yeah especially you can

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

what the hell is going on, too big of words for me.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by RealSlimShady View Post
    JJ, you look like Putin
    they really do. jj could take him

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    they really do. jj could take him
    Cuser only if JJ hits him on the back of his head with your bicycle
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Cuse0323

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    Cuser only if JJ hits him on the back of his head with your bicycle

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1404

i have a feeling this will come back to bite russia in the ass. all that goodwill the olympics earned them down the toilet. the world hates putin now. we'll see what the consequences to this will be but i doubt they will be worth it

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    i have a feeling this will come back to bite russia in the ass. all that goodwill the olympics earned them down the toilet. the world hates putin now. we'll see what the consequences to this will be but i doubt they will be worth it
    TheMets, tell me one thing...do you have any idea who you guys support right now in Ukraine? I'm pretty sure you don't. You don't know that most of the "leaders" in this new Ukrainian government are radical fascists.
    Putin looks bad to you? He's the only one who has the balls to say NO to Obama and his idiotic politics around the world. Putin is doing what's right for Russian population in Crimea.
    I'm sure if Obama went to protect the Americans in another country, you'd be signing a completely different song right now.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I would impose embargo on russian gas, oil and hookers.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post
    I would impose embargo on russian gas, oil and hookers.
    I like the hooker part...but most of them come to States from Ukraine, the country that you support

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Crimea’s secession from Ukraine was just like Kosovo’s secession from Serbia, and any arguments otherwise are just attempts to bend the West-advocated rules that were applied to the Kosovo case, Russian President Vladimir Putin said.
    The statements came as Putin was addressing the Russian parliament to convince lawmakers to ratify a treaty, which would make Crimea part of the Russian Federation.
    In the speech he challenged Washington’s position, which says that Kosovo was a unique case and could not justify any other move towards independence in the world.
    “Our western partners created the Kosovo precedent with their own hands. In a situation absolutely the same as the one in Crimea they recognized Kosovo’s secession from Serbia legitimate while arguing that no permission from a country’s central authority for a unilateral declaration of independence is necessary,” Putin reminded, adding that the UN International Court of Justice agreed to those arguments.
    “That’s what they wrote, that what they trumpeted all over the world, coerced everyone into it – and now they are complaining. Why is that?” he asked.
    Putin dismissed the argument that Kosovo was unique due to the large number of victims during the Balkan wars and the dissolution of Yugoslavia.
    “It’s beyond double standards,” Putin said. “It’s a kind of baffling, primitive and blatant cynicism. One can’t just twist things to fit his interests, to call something white on one day and black on the next one.”
    The president dismissed the allegations that Russia is violating international law with its actions in Ukraine.
    “Well’ it’s good that they at least recalled that there is international law. Thank you very much. Better late than never,” Putin said adding that in fact nothing of this kind happened.

In fact, it was Russia that defended international law and its institutions, while western countries have been diminishing them. The situation in Crimea is just a reflection of this broader process, which has been happening for decades now.
    “In the practical application of policies, our western partners – the United States first and foremost – prefer to be guided not by international law, but by the right of strength. They believe in their exceptionalism, that they are allowed to decide on the fate of the world, that they are always right,” Putin charged.
    This disregard to rule of law was evident in Yugoslavia in 1999, when NATO bombed the country without a UN Security Council mandate, the Russian president said. There was Afghanistan, Iraq and the perversion of the UNSC resolution on Libya, when instead of imposing a no-fly zone NATO bombed the country into submission.
    There were also orchestrated “colored revolutions” in Europe and the Arab World, which cynically used the feelings of people tired with corruption and poverty. The latest Ukrainian events are just the latest of such actions, and Russia’s willingness to seek dialogue and compromise was stonewalled again, Putin said.

“They were cheating us once more, took decisions behind our back, presented us with a fait accompli,” he said, adding that the patter is identical to that which accompanied NATO’s expansion to the east, the deployment of an anti-ballistic missile system, **** restrictions and numerous other issues.
    “They are constantly trying to corner us in retaliation for our having an independent position, for defending it, for calling things by their names and not being hypocritical,” Putin accused. “Everything has its limits, and in Ukraine our western partners crossed the red line. They acted brutally, irresponsibly and unprofessionally.”
    Putin said the West must stop being hysterical, restrain from the Cold War rhetoric and admit the obvious: “Russia is an independent and active participant of international relations. Just like any nation it has national interests that must be taken into consideration and respected.”
    As for the Ukrainian red line, the coup-imposed authorities in Kiev voiced their desire to join NATO, and such a move would pose an imminent threat to Russia, Putin said.
    “We stand against having a military organization meddling in our backyard, next to our homeland or in the territories that are historically ours. I just cannot imagine visiting NATO sailors in Sevastopol,” he stressed. “Most of them are fine lads, by the way. But rather let them visit us in Sevastopol than the other way around.”
    At the end of his speech, Putin announced the submission to parliament of a draft federal law which would incorporate Crimea and the City of Sevastopol into Russian territory, as well as a request to ratify an international treaty with the government of Crimea to make this happen.

Codasintehhouse
    Codasintehhouse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10942

I need Russia to buy more furs since the liberal bitches here won't. My fur check was shitty this year, other then that carry on

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

RR, Putin knows he has 'checkmated' Obama. Freezing the assets of 10 Russians is an absolute farce and I couldn't help but laugh at the incompetence of this White House.

That at aside it does not make what is happening right. You cannot take land from another nation on the grounds of its ethic populous.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    RR, Putin knows he has 'checkmated' Obama. Freezing the assets of 10 Russians is an absolute farce and I couldn't help but laugh at the incompetence of this White House.

That at aside it does not make what is happening right. You cannot take land from another nation on the grounds of its ethic populous.
    The ground was gifted to them 60 years ago by a dumbass leader of former USSR...through all these years Crimea remained a stand alone region with almost entire population made out of Russian folks.
    The radical fascists who are now in charge of Ukraine said that there is no place for Russians in Ukraine...you should have seen what they do in Kiev with Russian residents. Forget Russians...they don't even want any Jews out there - sounds pretty similar to Hitler doesn't it? They don't talk about things like this on TV in States.
    Russia had no choice but to go and protect people over there.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Putin comparing Krim/Kosovo was one of the most laughable things I heard in a while.

I understand Russia in a few points (surrounded by Nato and US bases etc) BUT that doesn't make anything right here.

However: The US should shut their mouth. Not their fukkin problem. US should handle their problems first before caring about European/Russian things. They have no word in this.

Imo it's a classic lose-lose situation now. And that is Putin's fault and his alone. He can't (well in fact he could, but won't) go back here. And the rest of Europe can't accept what Russia did. Simple as that. So we have a situation where diplomatic lead to nothing. But without diplomacy we are heading directly into cold war again. Sorry Rocket, but Putin is a fukkin idiot. Opening your country not shutting it down (again) would have been the right way. Russia is drifting into isolation, and that is dumber than dumb. I would much rather have had a Russia that is a good partner, in business as in other things, than a Russia that still dreams of the Soviet Union which was a desaster in itself.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    Putin comparing Krim/Kosovo was one of the most laughable things I heard in a while.

I understand Russia in a few points (surrounded by Nato and US bases etc) BUT that doesn't make anything right here.

However: The US should shut their mouth. Not their fukkin problem. US should handle their problems first before caring about European/Russian things. They have no word in this.

Imo it's a classic lose-lose situation now. And that is Putin's fault and his alone. He can't (well in fact he could, but won't) go back here. And the rest of Europe can't accept what Russia did. Simple as that. So we have a situation where diplomatic lead to nothing. But without diplomacy we are heading directly into cold war again. Sorry Rocket, but Putin is a fukkin idiot. Opening your country not shutting it down (again) would have been the right way. Russia is drifting into isolation, and that is dumber than dumb. I would much rather have had a Russia that is a good partner, in business as in other things, than a Russia that still dreams of the Soviet Union which was a desaster in itself.
    Ziziou, I respect your opinion buddy....but before we go any further with this discussion ask yourself why US and some of the Europe is supporting a coup government right now? You didn't want us to be there? Fine...why in the world you didn't let Ukraine with their current REAL president who's hiding right now in Russia have a normal reform?
    With Ukraine being broke as hell, ask yourself who supported this coup from the beginning? I can show you hundreds of vids on youtube how these radicals recruited future protesters with as little as 10 dollars a day, stuffed them in buses and send them directly to Kiev to protest.
    I mean if you guys would have known just a fraction of real facts about this new government, I guarantee you that you'd change your tune.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Breaking news: BEIJING TO SPEND 20M YUAN TO CHANGE WEATHER TO CUT SMOG.

Obama will be furious that China is winning the war on weather

lucullus
    lucullus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

What are the real facts about this new government RR? Ukraine is the brightest nation in the world with the new president at this time. How is the ex-president the REAL president? That is your imagination, the new president of Ukraine is the real president because of the people. You're spot on that this new Ukrainian government is just like Hitler.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Ziziou listen to this:

that's your own guy's talking to Merkel

maybe this will shed some light on this situation for you
    Last edited by Russian Rocket; 03-18-14 at 07:33 PM.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by lucullus View Post
    What are the real facts about this new government RR? Ukraine is the brightest nation in the world with the new president at this time. How is the ex-president the REAL president? That is your imagination, the new president of Ukraine is the real president because of the people. You're spot on that this new Ukrainian government is just like Hitler.
    as far as I know their only real president is hiding in Moscow right now...did they have a secret reform recently that I'm not aware of?
    where did you get this new real president from?

12 Last