Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Has anyone used "the square" phone *********** reader?

I want to set up so that I can take ************ for work. A lot of my customers would probably get more work done if they could pay by CC. I know that they take 2.7% of it which is alright I just want to know how fast the money gets to your bank account and also how secure this whole thing is? Any insight would be great.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell88 View Post
    I want to set up so that I can take ************ for work. A lot of my customers would probably get more work done if they could pay by CC. I know that they take 2.7% of it which is alright I just want to know how fast the money gets to your bank account and also how secure this whole thing is? Any insight would be great.
    It works fine. There are a couple other similar options coming out now for mobile pay but Square, as of right now, is the most solid method. Just plug it into the port on your iphone and swipe the card. A text will go to you and the card owner verifying the amount and then from there it's processed similar to PayPal to your account from theirs. Just go to the website and register and link the bank account to the reader they mail you and you are set.

Mitchell88

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    It works fine. There are a couple other similar options coming out now for mobile pay but Square, as of right now, is the most solid method. Just plug it into the port on your iphone and swipe the card. A text will go to you and the card owner verifying the amount and then from there it's processed similar to PayPal to your account from theirs. Just go to the website and register and link the bank account to the reader they mail you and you are set.
    cool, im going to set it up today. I am going to get a separate bank account just for that

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

I use Square Register on an Ipad for a cafe that I own. It's awesome... deposits right into my bank account the next day. Very fast compared to traditional merchants. Square Register is basically the same thing as Square on you phone, except it's a point of sale app that runs on an ipad. Pretty damn cool considering it's a free app.

zacher
    Armed Rodgery
    zacher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1499

square works great…if your doing a ton of transactions or do over $10k in sales a month you may want to consider paying the $270 a month as opposed to the 2.7%….it would save you some money.

But if you do over $10k in sales a month it also isn't a small business usually….

I used the square for my lawn care company..the second I had it up and running and could tell clients or potential customers they could pay my ***********..my big design and installations increased nearly x10 what they were before…customers are hesitant to write a check for $10 grand on a flagstone patio installation but with the square it allows them to pay it off over time.

Mitchell88

Quote Originally Posted by zam77 View Post
    I use Square Register on an Ipad for a cafe that I own. It's awesome... deposits right into my bank account the next day. Very fast compared to traditional merchants. Square Register is basically the same thing as Square on you phone, except it's a point of sale app that runs on an ipad. Pretty damn cool considering it's a free app.
    So its in your account the next day. that is fast.

Quote Originally Posted by zacher View Post
    square works great…if your doing a ton of transactions or do over $10k in sales a month you may want to consider paying the $270 a month as opposed to the 2.7%….it would save you some money.

But if you do over $10k in sales a month it also isn't a small business usually….

I used the square for my lawn care company..the second I had it up and running and could tell clients or potential customers they could pay my ***********..my big design and installations increased nearly x10 what they were before…customers are hesitant to write a check for $10 grand on a flagstone patio installation but with the square it allows them to pay it off over time.
    I wont be doing over 10grand a month with CC. That's the position I am in lots of my customers want to get the work done but don't get it done because I cant take a ***********. In my ad that I post I posted that I can now take CC and I have a ton of jobs to go look at already. How many of them I land is still TBD but anything to give me an edge over the people I am bidding against works for me.

Thanks for the input guys

zacher
    Armed Rodgery
    zacher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1499

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell88 View Post
    So its in your account the next day. that is fast.

I wont be doing over 10grand a month with CC. That's the position I am in lots of my customers want to get the work done but don't get it done because I cant take a ***********. In my ad that I post I posted that I can now take CC and I have a ton of jobs to go look at already. How many of them I land is still TBD but anything to give me an edge over the people I am bidding against works for me.

Thanks for the input guys

No worries just curious what type of work you do though.

Mitchell88

Well I have two jobs. I am a tree climber tree work is my main job. I also do property management though I have two condo complexes that I take care of. When I was a lot younger I did a plumbing for years so I can do pretty much anything to do with plumbing. My extended family are all in the trades so through property management and working with my cousins on the side I can do a bunch of stuff. Im not a master at anything just good at a lot of things. So owners of the units have me do an array of work from whole bathrooms, flooring, kitchens etc... I get a lot of sidework during the winter when things slow down with trees been a tough winter in the northeast. So right now I have a bunch of sidework and I do it all year round on weekends and after work.