byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10542

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    yes but my take is based on a story i've woven with facts that have been released since US experts have been given access to data. your take was based on info about the oil slick that was already proven incorrect 7-8 days ago
    In either case, it's got to be hell for the relatives. Not knowing if they are dead or alive.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10957

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    In either case, it's got to be hell for the relatives. Not knowing if they are dead or alive.
    yes, absolute emotional rollercoaster ride that has got to be as close to a living hell as it could be, i feel so bad, so terrible, for the relatives and close friends of the passengers and the crew

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

This could be our first cyber terrorist attack.

is proven that a smartphone can take down the electronics within the plane...

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    This could be our first cyber terrorist attack.

is proven that a smartphone can take down the electronics within the plane...

Was watching that new show on Discovery 'Hangmen' about these guys who hang mounts and antennas on towers for cell companies and now financial networks. They were setting up a link in rural Pennsylvania that connects Wall St to DC and other data links. they get govt contracts and big money from the banks.......got me thinking how vulnerable it is to just have one port hanging in open air at 200-250 feet. Surely they have a backup for that idea. Just asking for someone to hit that weakness.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Was watching that new show on Discovery 'Hangmen' about these guys who hang mounts and antennas on towers for cell companies and now financial networks. They were setting up a link in rural Pennsylvania that connects Wall St to DC and other data links. they get govt contracts and big money from the banks.......got me thinking how vulnerable it is to just have one port hanging in open air at 200-250 feet. Surely they have a backup for that idea. Just asking for someone to hit that weakness.
    Yes, Hugo Teso who is a security expert developed an app called PlaneSpolit and proved that a plane could be hijacked using a android smartphone...

Is a crazy new world we are heading into. ..

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

No system or defense is ever 100% and yep it's gonna be a sad day for most if the luxuries of today ever get hit on a mass scale or things like this Malaysian scenario become common. If it in fact was pirated away or brought down

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

online tabloids, unreal

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    online tabloids, unreal
    what?

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    what?
    "Tabloid journalism tends to emphasize topics such as sensational crime stories"

sorry weed, forgot I gotta spell it out for you

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

"Tabloid journalism tends to emphasize topics such as sensational crime stories"

sorry weed, forgot I gotta spell it out for you
    I thought it was a fascinating read

cloverfield
    cloverfield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4727

as long as you understand that the Daily Mail is equivalent to the Enquirer x 100

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Daily Mail really isn't much worse than CNN or Fox News covering this story. It's pretty much how society operates now - always looking for the sensationalistic approach and spreading rumors and theories first before really checking them for any semblance of facts.

You know, pretty much how ESPN rolls on everything too.

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10410

Could not the shirt have easily been Photoshopped kind of looks like it was.

homie1975

The captains family moved out of the house the day before? And his political hero was imprisoned a few days before?

EaglesPhan36

So the more it looks like a hijacking, the more I think the plane did go into the water somewhere. If this was a political move, etc. - I would think the organizer would want some publicity to go with it by now and we'd have some sort of hostage situation.

With no contact since, the likeliest outcome still seems to be hijacked and then either purposefully slammed into the ocean or ran out of gas and wound up in the drink. What would be awesome is if the transponder just starting pinging again in a few days and it was in some weird location and everyone was still on-board, alive with no recollection of what happened. Movie plot

homie1975

Eagle by hijacked do u mean the pilots or one of them? I maintain that the 53 year old captain w the flight simulator did it

Cuse0323

The captains family moved out of the house the day before? And his political hero was imprisoned a few days before?
    Is this true or just media rumors?

Cuse0323

No worries, Courtney Love found it. Weeder, you should find this fascinating.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...plane-20140317

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10410

No worries, Courtney Love found it. Weeder, you should find this fascinating.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...plane-20140317
    Well i got to give her credit for trying and taking some time to look .

homie1975

Is this true or just media rumors?
    i am asking also hence the question marks. i heard it on two different news radio stations today

Cuse0323

i am asking also hence the question marks. i heard it on two different news radio stations today
    gotcha, missed those

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

note to self, make sure your pilot isn't muslim...

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Malaysia is reportedly investigating a theory that flight MH370 could have slipped under Pakistani radars and landed a Taliban base close to the Afghan border. The pilots’ possible role in the plane’s disappearance is also being examined.
    Citing sources, UK newspaper The Independent reported that Malaysian investigators had requested permission from the Pakistani government to follow up a theory that the missing passenger jet had landed close to the border with Afghanistan. The Boeing 777, carrying 239 people, disappeared from radars last week on its way from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. Since then, authorities have been unable to ascertain the whereabouts of the plane, and have not found any wreckage from a crash.

The Pakistani government says it has no record of the craft entering its airspace, but has told the Malaysian investigators it is ready to share all available information. In addition, The Kazakh Civil Aviation Committee has said that although the Malaysian Airlines plane could have reached Kazakhstan, their radars would have picked it up.
    "No information about the Malaysian plane is available at our radar as it has not entered our airspace," Foreign Ministry spokesperson Tasnim Aslam told reporters when asked to comment on the Malaysian government's request. “Our radar system has no information about the Malaysian aircraft as it has never contacted our control tower.”
    Pakistan is now one of 25 countries participating in the search for the missing plane.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Too bad Hervé isn't around anymore. He would have found that shit.

Points Awarded:

shari91 gave Kermit 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

EaglesPhan36

Eagle by hijacked do u mean the pilots or one of them? I maintain that the 53 year old captain w the flight simulator did it
    I think most likely at this point that some member(s) of the crew were involved.

OnkelChris
    OnkelChris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3243

One thing I don't get at all. Why did the US spend billions and billions in stealth technology if you just need to switch off the transponder?

sergiudec
    sergiudec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 163

In case it's not resting on the bottom of the S C Sea, then whoever took control of this plane is probably planning to use it for further action. Therefore it has to be found and secured asap. Imagine the damage a 777 could do, in the wrong hands, loaded with god knows what.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by OnkelChris View Post
    One thing I don't get at all. Why did the US spend billions and billions in stealth technology if you just need to switch off the transponder?
    Sounds like you didn't understand it....

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Right now, I'm very interested in learning how much validity the "shadow" theory has. If, in fact, this is possible, every major city in every country around the world ought to shudder at the possibilities of how the second half of this plot unfolds.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Malaysia needs to step their game up....sloppy all around making it everyone's problem now......no wonder the US plays world police...

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

So many different theories flying around....

I would like to believe the plane landed somewhere but this is real life, not a movie.

It's probably simple. There was a problem on the flight like a fire, the pilots tried to turn around, maybe they passed out from smoke, plane continued to fly on auto until it crashed in the Indian Ocean.

Still, there are counter arguments for every angle such as the the pilots saying goodnight after the planes equipment went out and new routes were programmed.

I don't see either pilot doing this on purpose either. They have no reason.

Why haven't authorities scrutinized the passengers more closely? That seems like the first place one would start...and there were stolen passports! Why was that dismissed so quickly?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Malaysia needs to step their game up....sloppy all around making it everyone's problem now......no wonder the US plays world police...
    As the 'crash/landing' site has not been determined Malyasia lacks the legal authority to take full control.

Biggest misinformation problem has come from other countries, forcing Malaysia to deny or not confirm reports from other countries.

The US tries to play world police whatever the situation. And not for the good of the world but to protect US interests. penetrate Da Po-Lice!!

First ... 6789101112 Last