PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

The article I will assume was written by a writer who does not have an editor and English is his second or third language.

The play on bitcoins can not be a privacy thing. If that is the reason you are buying then sell because governments are going to get involved and require standard reporting. The world is not going to allow money laundering go on in the open. The play is that it DOES become watched and regulated. That gives it real legitimacy and will broaden demand.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's not currency, until the IRS can get a cut. Then it's currency.

It's all over

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13200

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    It's not currency, until the IRS can get a cut. Then it's currency.

It's all over
    Funny you should say that. IRS now considers bitcoin property not currency. Luckily there's no such thing as property taxes.

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/03/...t-currency/?hp

PAULYPOKER

No government gonna tax my BC...

Very easy for the people to hide their BC......

Since it does not physically exist....

How do you find an invisible currency that only you the OWNER knows where it is and how much it is worth?

Fukk you guvment, WE the People will take back what is and was always OURS!!!!!!

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13200

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    No government gonna tax my BC...

Very easy for the people to hide their BC......

Since it does not physically exist....

How do you find an invisible currency that only you the OWNER knows where it is and how much it is worth?

Fukk you guvment, WE the People will take back what is and was always OURS!!!!!!
    Logistically it will be hard to track bitcoin ownership, no doubt.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    The world is not going to allow money laundering go on in the open.
    Um it kinda already does with the rship between the fed and congress. Just look deeply enough into it to understand that for every dollar printed two dollars exist.

That is blatant money laundering if ive ever seen it...

I/O

The IRS is the enforcement arm of the US gov for a number of things. The Feds can and will track whatever they want to. Especially anything done electronically or on the net. Pauly can do whatever he wants with the quarters in his pocket, nobody cares. The Feds will use this tool when needed and probably in connection with other weapons against bigger fish. If they are focusing on an arms dealer, drug dealer, someone hiding money, they will go after these people as tax violators. Not dealers. The Feds will stop their activity using tax laws.

I'm sure this will affect the value of Bitcoins either today or in the future.

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Um it kinda already does with the rship between the fed and congress. Just look deeply enough into it to understand that for every dollar printed two dollars exist.

That is blatant money laundering if ive ever seen it...
    whatever

How about staying on point for once

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Logistically it will be hard to track bitcoin ownership, no doubt.
    E

Not hard to track transactions. Especially if one party keeps legit books and accounting.

PAULYPOKER

Bitcoin is as anonymous as the user would like to make it.

One can make it completely anonymous by simply swapping coin ownership in physical form - such as with Bitbills. These transactions never appear on the Block Chain, and as such using the Block Chain to determine ownership becomes highly problematic.

I think it should be understood that Bitcoin doesn't provide -automatic- anonymity. However with a bit of effort it can be effectively anonymous.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?to...7453#msg397453

The author of the OP's cited article posted this in his own follow-up comments, and I think it describes whether Bitcoin IS or IS NOT anonymous very well...

"It is possible to use Bitcoin in a way that is almost certainly anonymous, in the same way it is possible to get almost certain anonymity on the Internet, by using encryption, onion routing, and never associating your identity with your actions.

Our point is that you don't get this anonymity automatically, and that most casual users of Bitcoin may not be anonymous, even though many of them may believe they are."

I think people should start using the phrase, "Bitcoin is not automatically anonymous." Indeed, saying that Bitcoin "is anonymous" or "is not anonymous"... both of these statements are untrue and misleading.

http://https://bitcointalk.org/index...7570#msg397570

First 1234