a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

Saving money

I know most of you degens don't know what saving money is, or have a bank account with money in it, but:

you should have BkofAma ***********: 3% back on gas
    AMX preferred ***********: 6% back on groceries
    capital one ***********: 1.5% back on everything (obviously use this for all but gas and groceries)

as long as you can pay off the entire balance each month, you are golden with these

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT

The **** blacked out cr3dit c4rd, hmmm SBR

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

thanks pal .

those percentages are small but i guess if u spend a lot of money it adds up

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT

No prob, SBR shortened Am3rican expr3ss, b4nk of am3rica

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

you shouldn't be buying gas with CC to begin with, usually a 10 cent difference between cash and credit

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    you shouldn't be buying gas with CC to begin with, usually a 10 cent difference between cash and credit
    Very true! haven't bought gas with cc in over 5 years now. As a matter of fact I avoid using cc as much as possible specially at mom n pop stores because its a big expense for small businesses...how does BofA give 3% back? they steal from those small businesses in form of fees!

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

No, in actuality YOU are paying a higher interest rate to get that cash back. Most people don't pay their
    balance every month and they are making money off you when you don't pay the balance.

True, businesses will be charged a fee, but they are getting wise and will charge you the fee instead.

When I went to get a new card I had choices. A cash back card was about 10% higher in interest
    compared to one that didn't.

Like the OP said, use your card, but pay the balance every month is the only way to make out.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    I don't see this difference often, but see it this way:

most cars have a 13 gallon tank, or saving $1.3 per fill if you use your 10 cent scenario, or if you fill once a week that is 52x1.3 = $67.6 a year

if you are paying $50 a fill up and over 52 weeks this is $2600 @ 3% is saving $78, still better

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Capital One just changed their TOS to tell you that they might pay you a visit at home or work. http://www.upi.com/blog/2014/02/19/C...9861392829850/

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

Good advice, thanks for posting.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    No, in actuality YOU are paying a higher interest rate to get that cash back. Most people don't pay their
    balance every month and they are making money off you when you don't pay the balance.

True, businesses will be charged a fee, but they are getting wise and will charge you the fee instead.

When I went to get a new card I had choices. A cash back card was about 10% higher in interest

Like the OP said, use your card, but pay the balance every month is the only way to make out.
    i know thats right. Its easy to forget how much money you spend when you use a *********** for everything.
    Especially when you take your *********** to the bar....

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

lol c r e d i t c a r d is a bad word here?

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    i know thats right. Its easy to forget how much money you spend when you use a *********** for everything.
    Especially when you take your *********** to the bar....
    yep, but again, I mentioned this in OP, I'm sure most skipped right over it

thunderous
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by a4u2fear View Post
    I don't see this difference often, but see it this way:

most cars have a 13 gallon tank, or saving $1.3 per fill if you use your 10 cent scenario, or if you fill once a week that is 52x1.3 = $67.6 a year

if you are paying $50 a fill up and over 52 weeks this is $2600 @ 3% is saving $78, still better
    So basically if you are in CA where gas is close to $4 a gallon it might make sense to use the card so you get like .12 cents back but if you are in Jersey like me and pay between $3 and $3.25 cash is the way to go.

thunderous
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post

I disagree. The money bank earns via interest from cardholders is for the operating costs/bad debts/profits and not incentives to customers. Any cash back/points a customer earns come directly from the fees they charge to the merchant. And obviously the merchant in turn will charge to the customer so its the consumers who ultimately pay, the big banks just screw the merchants and consumers in different styles. It's like holding your right ear with your right hand or left hand...

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Quote Originally Posted by thunderous View Post
    I disagree. The money bank earns via interest from cardholders is for the operating costs/bad debts/profits and not incentives to customers. Any cash back/points a customer earns come directly from the fees they charge to the merchant. And obviously the merchant in turn will charge to the customer so its the consumers who ultimately pay, the big banks just screw the merchants and consumers in different styles. It's like holding your right ear with your right hand or left hand...
    Well, I guess my bank was feeding me shit.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Quote Originally Posted by a4u2fear View Post
    I know most of you degens don't know what saving money is, or have a bank account with money in it, but:

you should have BkofAma ***********: 3% back on gas
    AMX preferred ***********: 6% back on groceries
    capital one ***********: 1.5% back on everything (obviously use this for all but gas and groceries)

as long as you can pay off the entire balance each month, you are golden with these

The degenerates on this forum have a big problem with this part.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by thunderous View Post
    Merchants do just fine with CC users. People who charge tend to have higher $ transactions than those who only pay cash.