TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

sobriety thread

having my final beer tonight. just one so that i dont get the shakes. ive reached my rock bottom with it. after 2 years its starting to mess with my brain. lost 2 years to this and wont lose another day. laundry list of things that can do wrong healthwise. latest thing is im so hungover and out of it i dont even want to gamble. my desire to gamble has gone down more and more the past 3 months. whenever i dont drink for a few weeks it comes back and im loving gambling again.

will sit in a dark room and enjoy my last one.

Name:  Shock Top Pumpkin Ale5.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  32.1 KB
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chi_archie

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

good luck pal

id lose my fukkin mind without beers
    Points Awarded:

RubberKettle gave InTheDrink 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Fuk that, don't quit.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

I swear I'm having deja vu. If you really wanted to quit, you'd quit right now. You'd dump the bottle down the drain. None of this "last one" bullshit.

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

drink thanks

bigday gotta quit

chili i honestly need one so that i dont get the shakes. its gotten that bad

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

thinking about the same route...after hearing of a friends passing at 33 due to liver failure...ive done it before for about a year or so....its hard as fuk though...i dont even drink that much beer...mostly whiskey on the rocks, martinis, vodka etc

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

it is hard. especially when you start feeling healthy again then you say "wow id feel great with a little buzz" then you are all done

im not done for good. thats impossible. but i need to make some cash for about a decade then when im set up i will start to drink again. i can go that long, plenty of other stuff to do

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Fukk him he quit

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTall View Post
    chili i honestly need one so that i dont get the shakes. its gotten that bad
    Man, if you're getting the shakes, then go to the doctor. there's medicine he can prescribe you that'll take care of that, and will also make it so that anytime you drink alcohol, you'll get rather sick (negative reinforcement). You won't taper; you won't quit. You're getting the shakes tonight, and you'll get the shakes tomorrow, and the next day, and the day after that. Alcohol is one of a few drugs where the withdrawal can kill you. There's no award for going at it alone, and there's no shame in going to a medical professional and asking for help.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    Alcohol is one of a few drugs where the withdrawal can kill you.
    This x 10
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

Like anything in life, the point is never to abuse it. Goodluck and hope you the best.

peppermillrick
    peppermillrick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Everything in moderation!

You are in The Saloon! I just told the barkeep to give you a Shirley Temple and a shot of Tequila for the shakes. Good luck to you!

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    Man, if you're getting the shakes, then go to the doctor. there's medicine he can prescribe you that'll take care of that, and will also make it so that anytime you drink alcohol, you'll get rather sick (negative reinforcement). You won't taper; you won't quit. You're getting the shakes tonight, and you'll get the shakes tomorrow, and the next day, and the day after that. Alcohol is one of a few drugs where the withdrawal can kill you. There's no award for going at it alone, and there's no shame in going to a medical professional and asking for help.
    no im ok ive tapered down. 12 sam adams cold snaps 3 night ago (absolutely delicious). 8 beers 2 nights ago. 4 beers last night. and a beer tonight..........ive done it before im ok.

will take a video of my beer belly tomorrow as im going to use this as a weight loss thread too

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

couple days sober and i feel gross today. could really use a binge tonight. id get a 12er of cold snap and fire up the ps3. would be so fun

i wont feel good for a few weeks have to hang in

also weighed myself 235. ouch

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

good luck man

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Tony its important to be honest with yourself.

I thought about quitting gambling and smoking weed but eventually i was like you know what?

i enjoy this stuff. Why quit? Why be my own disciplinarian?

Life is too short not to enjoy it. If it feels good, do it.

I think if you tell yourself you have a problem you will cause your self mental harm.
    Be positive and be nice to yourself.

The key to any vice is moderation. Just dont let the drinking control you, dont quit but maybe just tone it down a little bit unless its a special occasion.

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1470

that tapering system you got there is laughable. You think you can erase years of being an alcoholic by drinking a few beers less each night for 4 nights. guess some gamblers will gamble with their health as well. do yourself a favor and google alcoholic wihdrawal and the see if you can find anyone else who has had success with your genius tapering system. I'd suggest you do some kind of inpatient rehab type place for a week or two so they can monitor your well being. Get some benzos at the very least to help you not have a seizure and to help you get some sleep at night. you'll have some very sweaty nights ahead of you. good luck

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    that tapering system you got there is laughable. You think you can erase years of being an alcoholic by drinking a few beers less each night for 4 nights. guess some gamblers will gamble with their health as well. do yourself a favor and google alcoholic wihdrawal and the see if you can find anyone else who has had success with your genius tapering system. I'd suggest you do some kind of inpatient rehab type place for a week or two so they can monitor your well being. Get some benzos at the very least to help you not have a seizure and to help you get some sleep at night. you'll have some very sweaty nights ahead of you. good luck

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

Good luck staying on the wagon. Post if you ever need any encouragement.

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post

sorry pal it worked. got some sort of jolting one night a few times. never went cold turkey. inpatient please they would probably give me an injection of risperdal. no thanks

i feel pretty cloudy mentally, groggy but ill be fine. booze made me sharp believe it or not.

btw i do have an RX for ativan so that helps

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

Quote Originally Posted by chipper View Post
    Good luck staying on the wagon. Post if you ever need any encouragement.

thanks chipper. ill be ok im pretty sure of it

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

drinking vodka tonight. failed again

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11618

booze made me sharp believe it or not.
    Not.

If you're serious go to meetings and really learn the deal. You won't be anything but a punchline on the internet.

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

byeshea i want to fuk rod1010s chuick with my tongue in her ahole so fukin bad!!!!!!!!!!!

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

byeshea i want to fuk rod1010s chuick with my tongue in her ahole so fukin bad!!!!!!!!!!!
    You smoke enough sherm your dumb ass will do a lot of muthafukkin things

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11618

Be sure to keep your action backdoor because if you venture past the taint you're gonna find a coinpurse instead of a hatchet wound, just warning ya.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

thanks chipper. ill be ok im pretty sure of it
    drinking vodka tonight. failed again

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Checkin in

Ran out of narcs four days ago

Bummed some Oxy off my dad three days ago, he just had surgery. Gave me six. Took them all in three hours.

Day 2 for me. It's terrible. At least you can go to the fukking store and get some fukking liquor. Ive got tremors, anxiety, shortness of breath.

My heart rate is over 100 so Im taking my neighbors beta blockers.

Just two more weeks

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Kraken you gotta get off that shit.

The Kraken

Gaucho I know.

Gaucho It used to be a hobby. It's easy come, easy go. I went through 90 oxys in 8 days.

Gaucho now I'm taking risks that could get me fired and land me a felony.

I actually thought about it quite hard today. I've taken more risks in the last 4 days than in my entire life and although it appears I've gotten off scott free, i still took the risks.

Its time Jake

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Nothing wrong with having a beer every other day etc. The problem is stopping at 1.

I have a captain and coke... about 1.5 ounce shot in it... it's a good night's sleep.

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1470

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Gaucho I know.

Gaucho It used to be a hobby. It's easy come, easy go. I went through 90 oxys in 8 days.

Gaucho now I'm taking risks that could get me fired and land me a felony.

I actually thought about it quite hard today. I've taken more risks in the last 4 days than in my entire life and although it appears I've gotten off scott free, i still took the risks.

Its time Jake

no joke get some help. inpatient treatment rehab facility or atleast a doc who can write u a scrip for suboxen to help you get off of it without feeling like death. opiate abuse is about as slippery a slope as it gets

The Kraken

Here's the tricky part, I actually need the meds. I know it sounds like an excuse or a poor attempt by a junkie to rationalize his addiction but it's true.

Here's where it gets hard.

How do you address addiction and physical dependance at the same time?

I unfortunately refuse to bring it up with my doc. I've worked in healthcare too long and know better. He'll stamp my chart with "opioid addiction" and send me on my way and i'll never see another pill again

I'll be fine. I go through this every month. And yes, it does feel like death warmed over. But it will get better.

Last time I ran out of meds I picked a fight with Lkid1 for being too short

I'm trying to avoid him right now

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Been sober about 3 weeks. Life is so much different without constantly withdrawing and being dehydrated for 3-4 days after a week long bender. Going to sip a little bit Sunday and try my best to not let it turn into a bender.

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

Hang in there yall, withdrawal is a bitch. People before you have been there, overcome the seemingly impossible and become clean. If they can do it, why can't you? Believe in hope, stay positive.

motivation to quit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol...ease#Cirrhosis

"Choose the positive. — You have choice — you are master of your attitude — choose the POSITIVE, the CONSTRUCTIVE. Optimism is a faith that leads to success."

ease negative mental chattering. — If you think a thing is impossible, you'll make it impossible. Pessimism blunts the tools you need to succeed.

What you HABITUALLY THINK largely determines what you will ultimately become.

- bruce lee

find hope where ever you can

12 Last